Transfers (rumours) thread

Glasgow_Saint

Saw that on goal earlier, I think he'd be a truly amazing addition - someone mentioned him a few weeks back when he was playing at the WC and I laughed it off, said he'd be well out of our remit - so if we do pull it off, fair play...and it would kind of show that we've not pulled back on any ambition, as he would be a massive upgrade on anything we have.

Kill 2 birds with 1 stone as well, bank £50m for the sales of Shaw and Lovren, and spend £15m on this kid to replace both (With Matty as the backup/rotation option)......not bad business! Still plenty of change to spend on another CB too.

Yep you got it in one. :smug:

Guan said this week.

2 other mates (one with a track record said Wednesday). Just got off Skype with him.

Hey no problemo. I let everyone know when I am coming over, invite everyone to meet my gang. It's a forum it was a story with a source that was at least right once this summer so far (much to my merriment with a son who is a Scouser) so I posted it.

I'd have been F5'ing all day myself

Where did guan say this week?

Koeman didnt seem to thing anything was imminent last night and so far he has been open and honest towards every question asked. Would bet a lot that nothing happens tomorrow, and most likely until into next week.

All deals these days are known about days before they are official, and we have no strong rumours of anything being close.

Where did guan say this week?

Sorry Hypo he I saw a post of his it is late & I have no idea how to trawl his posts to find it.

Just been given sh1t on Skype but the same info on players and stuf so let's just go with the DP is a wnker flow for now

Sorry Hypo he I saw a post of his it is late & I have no idea how to trawl his posts to find it.

Just been given sh1t on Skype but the same info on players and stuf so let's just go with the DP is a wnker flow for now

I'm not calling you anything, just couldn't see where guan had said much like that. Not sure I understand what you are saying here. Why were you given sh1t on twitter? What is the same info on players and stuff?

Koeman didnt seem to thing anything was imminent last night and so far he has been open and honest towards every question asked. Would bet a lot that nothing happens tomorrow, and most likely until into next week.

All deals these days are known about days before they are official, and we have no strong rumours of anything being close.

At the end of the day, this is how I see it.

- The club know we need players

- we know we need players

- we might not get them tomorrow, or next week, or the week after

- but we will sign more players before the window shuts.

- Patience is needed, but I think we'll get there in the end.

At the end of the day, this is how I see it.

- The club know we need players

- we know we need players

- we might not get them tomorrow, or next week, or the week after

- but we will sign more players before the window shuts.

- Patience is needed, but I think we'll get there in the end.

But that could ruin our start to the season yes?

There´s been a few reports during last season that we often had scouts looking at Sporting Lisbon but most of those thought we were looking at Eric Dier.

Was the club aware at an very early stage that Shaw would leave this summer so they´ve been scouting Rojo the whole time??

Edit: Although, he was playing as a CB most of the season for Sporting....

But that could ruin our start to the season yes?

Could well do, but it may not. We'll have to wait and see.

Can't see us getting anything at Liverpool either way, but reckon we have a decent chance of beating the Baggies at home in the 2nd game - even with the squad we have now. Gelling is quite often used as a myth and an excuse, i remember Burley using it a lot. If the players are good enough and the manager is good enough, he should be able to get results from them - or know a way to integrate them into a team.

Saw that on goal earlier, I think he'd be a truly amazing addition - someone mentioned him a few weeks back when he was playing at the WC and I laughed it off, said he'd be well out of our remit - so if we do pull it off, fair play...and it would kind of show that we've not pulled back on any ambition, as he would be a massive upgrade on anything we have.

Kill 2 birds with 1 stone as well, bank £50m for the sales of Shaw and Lovren, and spend £15m on this kid to replace both (With Matty as the backup/rotation option)......not bad business! Still plenty of change to spend on another CB too.

Me that was ;)

Could well do, but it may not. We'll have to wait and see.

Can't see us getting anything at Liverpool either way, but reckon we have a decent chance of beating the Baggies at home in the 2nd game - even with the squad we have now. Gelling is quite often used as a myth and an excuse, i remember Burley using it a lot. If the players are good enough and the manager is good enough, he should be able to get results from them - or know a way to integrate them into a team.

I would say it's fairly Ilkley if we get all the players in at the last minute.

Follow me on this......

What animal did Guan post? Red Panda.

What's the Spanish word for red? Rojo!

Mystery solved, I win!

Boom!

Not forgetting the ancient Chinese meaning of 'panda' is 'man LEFT BACK in the forest'!!!

So on one hand we're struggling to stump up the cash for a 2nd choice keeper from Celtic, but it's perfectly feasible for us to sign one of the best young LB's in the World? Riiiight.

He's one of the best young left backs in the world? Riiiight. Don't think he is, he's good but not amoungst the best in the world.

£7.5 million for Forster doesn't seem like too much to me, for someone that's been acknowledged as one of England's better keepers, done well for both Norwich and Celtic, and has Champions League Experience all at a good age for a keeper when he has a lot of time left in his career.

I approve of this signing, perhaps more so than signing Ruddy. Better than Marshall? Mmm, that's a tougher one.

There´s been a few reports during last season that we often had scouts looking at Sporting Lisbon but most of those thought we were looking at Eric Dier.

Was the club aware at an very early stage that Shaw would leave this summer so they´ve been scouting Rojo the whole time??

Edit: Although, he was playing as a CB most of the season for Sporting....

I'd have thought Rojo might prove over ambitous for us, and the attraction for him of joining us left for norf London a while back.

Would be pleased if we can pull it off though.

Dier would be a useful addition if possible also.

To be fair, you DO sound like a complete pillock. Lots of cool phraseology, plenty of cool swearwords, lots of self back patting.

Yup, w4nker is very fair.

I'd have thought Rojo might prove over ambitous for us, and the attraction for him of joining us left for norf London a while back.

Didn't Guan say that he was concerned that the player we were targeting to replace Lovern was a little ambitious, could match up if its Rojo

I'd have thought we'd have been better off signing Timothée Kolodziejczak from Nice for £5 or £6 million. Just as much of a gamble but a lot less money. He's 6ft 2 and can play at left back or centre back. And at only 22 he's a good age and will probably gives us a couple of years before we sell him on at a profit.

Another player we were linked to last year was Lucas Mendes at Marseille - a Brazilian who can also play at left back or centre back

Rojo would be a sign of intent though

To be fair, you DO sound like a complete pillock. Lots of cool phraseology, plenty of cool swearwords, lots of self back patting.

Yup, w4nker is very fair.

it's all part of Phils persona. Very generous if you ever meet him. Ok if like myself golf is not of interest then your eyes glaze over when the stories are recounted but if you like golf some will be quite envious of his news. Discount him if you like but the man has a fantastic insight to the Arab mind and world and anybody thinking of doing business over there would be best served if they spoke to him first.

Personally the insults are unwarranted but this is the internet and you do get some weirdos

I like Phil. Bonkers, but I like him.

PS, I was going to put I like DP but I know Bearsy would have been all over it like a cheap suit.

DP is a saintsweb legend, part of the old gang who lives through the highs and lows of being a Saints fan with humourous and humble spirit. Very engaging and educated mind. The forum used to be fun with characters at the fore. It has changed now and keyboard abuse seems the accepted norm, it isn't! I know the characters are still here, they just keep a low profile! One day maybe we will take a step back and realise we all have the same aim

DP is a saintsweb legend, part of the old gang who lives through the highs and lows of being a Saints fan with humourous and humble spirit. Very engaging and educated mind. The forum used to be fun with characters at the fore. It has changed now and keyboard abuse seems the accepted norm, it isn't! I know the characters are still here, they just keep a low profile! One day maybe we will take a step back and realise we all have the same aim

I have a dream....