Transfers (rumours) thread

Glasgow_Saint

With reference to Guan's latest post, I predict the following:

Incoming: Forster (gk) De Vrij (cb) Ings (Fw) Rojo (lb) with van dijk dependent on how capable Rojo is at covering for Cb

Outgoing: Lovren 20m

I will be one happy saints fan if the above happens before the shut of the window.

I too would be happy with most of that and I am usually fairly pessimistic in general.

Not sure we'd get Rojo as others have said, but the rest would be realistic.

Meh.

Gnabry on loan would be good.

Would it? Since we've returned to the Premier League we haven't loaned in a single player. Our academy is more than capable of producing players for the Premier League, we don't need to be developing other teams players and blocking the pathway for our own youngsters.

Edited by Matthew Le God

Would it? Since we've returned to the Premier League we haven't loan a single player. Our academy is more than capable of producing players for the Premier League, we don't need to be developing other teams players and blocking the pathway for our own youngsters.

He probably said it because it was his opinion. Many internet forums are based on that...

Would it? Since we've returned to the Premier League we haven't loan a single player. Our academy is more than capable of producing players for the Premier League, we don't need to be developing other teams players and blocking the pathway for our own youngsters.

Yes it would, he's a very exciting player.

I have once again wasted several minutes of my life reading trivia to find out we've signed nobody and the supposed targets include Rojo who IMO is unlikely to come to us. Superb. At least Bear occasionally gives me a laugh or two.:?

Do the hashtag joke

Would it? Since we've returned to the Premier League we haven't loaned in a single player. Our academy is more than capable of producing players for the Premier League, we don't need to be developing other teams players and blocking the pathway for our own youngsters.

Can we not do both? Gnabry could arguably offer competition for JRod's place alongside the likes of McQueen. Plenty of game time to be had to both develop our own and play Gnabry.

Don't forget Julie Christie

Could never forget Julie Christie. Fit as a butchers dog (even if she wasnt overly blessed in the busty substances dept). Named my second daughter after her character in Dr Zhivago - Lara.

{note for the youngies here - busty substances was the name given to boobs by Pete & Dud back in the 60s}

Can we not do both? Gnabry could arguably offer competition for JRod's place alongside the likes of McQueen. Plenty of game time to be had to both develop our own and play Gnabry.

Yeah but then Arsenal reap the benefits.

Gnabry wouldn't be a loan.

Wenger is abandoning his youth policy. Eisfield has already left for Fulham and could see a few more tweeners leaving. Would take Gnabry for a couple of mil.

No way Arsenal would sell him for a couple of million, he is a great prospect. They will loan him out.

Gnabry on loan would be a good thing. I would go for the girl in the original Debi does Dallas

:lol:

Quality.

This thread should be retitled "transfer rumours/70's totty". Takes our minds off the lack of transfer news.

Could never forget Julie Christie. Fit as a butchers dog (even if she wasnt overly blessed in the busty substances dept). Named my second daughter after her character in Dr Zhivago - Lara.

{note for the youngies here - busty substances was the name given to boobs by Pete & Dud back in the 60s}

She was my friend's babysitter when she was young. JC was apparently about 17. Hmmm .

We wouldn't accept a loan deal for Gnabry just to do Arsenal a favour. We certainly wouldn't accept it if it would impede the progress of an academy player who we think is ready for the Premier League. Gnabry looked very sharp in his appearances last season and would provide us with much-needed depth/cover while Rodriguez is out. If he comes, it means McQueen/Isgrove aren't quite ready for the role that Gnabry would play, be that starting or coming off the bench.

Forster is a definite. Also he said Morgan wouldn't leave us for Spurs but would probably go to Arsenal. He also thinks we're aiming for 12th this season. He also admired he had a thing for Jenny Agutter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forster is a definite. Also he said Morgan wouldn't leave us for Spurs but would probably go to Arsenal. He also thinks we're aiming for 12th this season. He also admired he had a thing for Jenny Agutter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So, basically he's been reading this forum and knows as much as us. Thought as much!

"Fit as a butchers dog" is hardly a way to describe Julie Christie!! :(

Always had a thing for Felicity Kendall - SCDAJFM

I dont know any rumours, but overheard some geezer on his phone today say that he didn't think Chambers or Clyne were going anywhere. I don't know eho he was, and I don't know who he was talking to.

Felicity Kendall - ummmmmmmmmmmmmmm