Adam Lallana - Medical at Liverpool

Dr Who?

Lallana is a special player; wouldn't be rocking his England shirt otherwise. That's based on an excellent season in form with some standout individual performances. He'll do well at Liverpool; the transfer makes perfect sense for AL and LFC. The sticking point is the dosh, and to recycle some language from last season's window, the super add-on plus-plus "final offer" might be described as "derisory".

If Rodgers is a fan of haggling, he can fk off and watch Life of Brian.

At this point, I'm relatively ambivalent about things. I can deal with a heftily financed transfer exit to Liverpool, a reformed and repentant captain or even a sulky bugger in the reserves as an example to others that try the same.

The only bad outcome is us bowing to pressure and selling him on the cheap.

Lallana is a special player; wouldn't be rocking his England shirt otherwise. That's based on an excellent season in form with some standout individual performances. He'll do well at Liverpool; the transfer makes perfect sense for AL and LFC. The sticking point is the dosh, and to recycle some language from last season's window, the super add-on plus-plus "final offer" might be described as "derisory".

At this point, I'm relatively ambivalent about things. I can deal with a heftily financed transfer exit to Liverpool, a reformed and repentant captain or even a sulky bugger in the reserves as an example to others that try the same.

Agree with you in the main Pap but I just can't see the reformed and repentant bit TBH. Just my view.

Why would he replace Sturridge or Henderson? You might as well say he won't get picked ahead of Mignolet.

Liverpool are not planning to spend at least twenty million freaking pounds on Lallana just to use him as some stand in super sub.

With fans on here so dismissive of his potential not sure why he should ever bother to stick around.

That is unlike CB Fry to come into a discussion and totally misrepresent what is being said. I was apparently being "dismissive of his potential" when I said that " he is one of the most gifted players I have seen in a Saints shirt."

You really couldn't make him up could you??

Absolutely this, we should stick to our guns and if they really, really want him then they have to pay up to £25 mil at least, remember that this is the club that paid £35 mil for Andy Carroll !!

That is unlike CB Fry to come into a discussion and totally misrepresent what is being said. I was apparently being "dismissive of his potential" when I said that " he is one of the most gifted players I have seen in a Saints shirt."

You really couldn't make him up could you??

My response was to this specific post...

Can you see him wallking into the Liverpool first team on a regular basis ahead of the likes of Sturridge, Sterling and Henderson?? Woy after training with his squad for a few weeks clearly rates him behind them.

You see, you typed with your own hands "can you see him walking into the first team ahead of Sturridge...and Henderson". Inferring that you couldn't see that.

That's what I replied to, read my post again.

And in your post where you describe him as the "most gifted player you've ever seen etc" you repeat the claim that he would only be on the bench at Liverpool, the exact and precise point I address in my post.

So what have I "misrepresented" exactly?

Do let me know.

Edited by CB Fry

Lovely Chap Adam. Cracking Footballer. Forever a Saint.

But does he fit in a Koeman system? I.e. Does our new manager need a tricky player like Lallana or does he want, perhaps less 'talented', but quicker and more direct players.

I'm not saying Koeman wouldn't relish working with Lallana, I am sure every manager would.

Just pointing out we do have to rebuild our entire attack if Lallana leaves or not (Lambert gone, jrod crock, and part of AL's effectiveness has been his telepathic link with Lambert).

A good cash offer could finance an entire new attacking line.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

My response was to this specific post...

You see, you typed with your own hands "can you see him walking into the first team ahead of Sturridge...and Henderson". Inferring that you couldn't see that.

That's what I replied to, read my post again.

What have I "misrepresented" exactly, unless you are answering your own question with a yes, which seems unlikely.

Do let me know.

So, apparently I am still being "dismiisive" of him when I say that he is one of the "most gifted players I have seen in a Saints shirt". Hmmmm.

Do you think he would walk into the Liverpool first team ?

So,can you see him walking into the Liverpool first team ??

This

All we have is twitter mongs and the mirror/mail who are about as spot on as the Sunday sport. He has said nothing, the club have said nothing other than they would like him to stay

In the absence of immediate facts too many people in the social media age fill in the blanks and believe any old ****e

Wasn't it Adam Blackmore who brought Adams unhappiness to our attention ...... where do you think Mr Blackmore got his info? If Mr reliable ITK Guan is to be believed it didn't come from the club.

Edited by doddisalegend

So, apparently I am still being "dismiisive" of him when I say that he is one of the "most gifted players I have seen in a Saints shirt". Hmmmm.

the point being, one of the most gifted players you have ever seen in a saints shirt, in the team of the year, pushing for a starting place at the world cup and absolutely wanted by liverpool in a £25m deal, will only ever really play in low key games???

really? is he not better than that?

You are being dismissive of him by saying he could be nothing more than a sub for Liverpool. Yes, that is dismissive of him, and frankly dismissive of our flaming academy which happened to have produced world football's most expensive player, among others.

Hmmmm all you like, son. I clearly think more of Lallana than you do.

You are being dismissive of him by saying he could be nothing more than a sub for Liverpool. Yes, that is dismissive of him, and frankly dismissive of our flaming academy which happened to have produced world football's most expensive player.

Hmmmm all you like, son. I clearly think more of Lallana than you do.

Ok dad. I will. Hmmm.

Lets revisit this in a few months time - if he does move to the Scousers.

You seem to be looking forward to saying I told you so if Lallana fails at Liverpool. Clearly a big fan.

Whatever you like , dad.

It just seems pointless to me to argue in mid June about something that will become clear in a few months time. Presumably if he does move to Anfield and does well ,we will benefit from some of the "ridiculous" add ons so that will be good news.

OR are you so old dad that you think that you might have popped your clogs in a few months time??

Whatever you like , dad.

It just seems pointless to me to argue in mid June about something that will become clear in a few months time. Presumably if he does move to Anfield and does well ,we will benefit from some of the "ridiculous" add ons so that will be good news.

OR are you so old dad that you think that you might have popped your clogs in a few months time??

???

the point being, one of the most gifted players you have ever seen in a saints shirt, in the team of the year, pushing for a starting place at the world cup and absolutely wanted by liverpool in a £25m deal, will only ever really play in low key games???

really? is he not better than that?

I know half the stories are probably bull**** but Liverpool seem to have some sort of scattergun approach this season........ throw enough offers of interest around and hopefully you'll end up with someone before the new season starts. Rumours were pool had about 40 million to spend (compare that to Man Us supposed 150 million) which in the current climate isn't going to get you much bang for your buck unless you can find a hidden gem. Really don't think they have the financial clout to actually prize Adam and Dejan away from us right now.

I know half the stories are probably bull**** but Liverpool seem to have some sort of scattergun approach this season........ throw enough offers of interest around and hopefully you'll end up with someone before the new season starts. Rumours were pool had about 40 million to spend (compare that to Man Us supposed 150 million) which in the current climate isn't going to get you much bang for your buck unless you can find a hidden gem. Really don't think they have the financial clout to actually prize Adam and Dejan away from us right now.

I very much doubt they do. shame that you believe that.

they, LIKE US, will have a long list of targets. If they dont get target A, they go for B. or even go for both at the same time

much like us going for Damiao then Osvaldo. or astori but getting lovren.....was that a scatter gun approach?

I know this is controversial but I have never rated Adam Lallana. Having watched him endlessly through the years dilly dallying on the ball and losing it time after time through trying to be too clever and tying himself up in knots when the simple things would have been more productive, this season seems to have been an anomaly. Even then he only scored a few goals, many that he should have scored he completely screwed up. If he goes it will be a loss but not as great a loss as say Scousers losing Suarez. I'll miss Lambert more. Selling Left Backs is what we do, it is part of our business model....

I very much doubt they do. shame that you believe that.

they, LIKE US, will have a long list of targets. If they dont get target A, they go for B. or even go for both at the same time

much like us going for Damiao then Osvaldo. or astori but getting lovren.....was that a scatter gun approach?

yeah a great shame :cry:

Did we even make an approach for either of those two.

LOL at the cry-baby comments from the Scousers. How dare Saints stand up to them... :lol:

If they dont want to pay his value, he stays or we find a club that will.

Finally Adam has something to say and put all this leaving nonsense to bed. Certainly comes across very nervous twitching face and blinking eyes but his final replies were confident and genuine.

Not sure about that - He's just being respectful there.

Long way to run yet - But Mr Koeman will play a big role in how it pans out.

Finally Adam has something to say and put all this leaving nonsense to bed. Certainly comes across very nervous twitching face and blinking eyes but his final replies were confident and genuine.

Got the look of a man whose been slapped down to me.

If he wants to ply his trade with us next season, then I am all for that If he doesn't, so be it. He might have had his head turned, he might have changed, but frankly, if anyone (including Osvaldo) wants to try their best and to help Saints move onwards and upwards, to me they are welcome. We can all take the moral high ground or we can be magnanimous. We can cut our nose off to spite our face, but really, the club comes first. He hasn't lost us any money, he hasn't done anything apart from dream about the bright lights and the greener grass on the other side of the fence. It would be foolish to not look at all your options. He, or his advisers, might have been ill advised at the way they have gone about things, but that's hardly crime of the century. Maybe he is just wanting an increase in his contract. There is a lot of "propaganda" so who knows what's what?

Difficult to judge, but he did look like he had been through an emotional experience. I know its fashionable to have a go at him because of all the press related stories etc, but we do tend to forget he is 26 - OK not 18, but 26, recently selected for the WC, and all of a sudden he is coverted by bigger clubs + MP has left etc who undoubtedly had a mentoring role in his development - alot to take in, alot that would easily turn many a 26 year old head in multiple directions... thik we do need to cut hjim some slack and see how this all pans out - he has not turned in the fricken devil over night simply because he is tempted by other other clubs...

I took it as I can't wait to meet the new manager to tell him to get on and sort out my move to Liverpool....

How can something which was never officially on now be officially off in your opinion? That's a mine field of confusion right there...

Hehe.. you know what I mean. The "officially" part was me putting my rubber stamp on it. What do any of us really know anyway?

My gut reaction to that little interview was that it was an olive branch being extended by Lallana.

I'm guessing there is more of that interview to come...

I took it as I can't wait to meet the new manager to tell him to get on and sort out my move to Liverpool....

Or that he genuinely hasnt made up his mind yet, he has been here for 14 years, whether a move is on the cards or not it must be difficult

Difficult to judge' date=' but he did look like he had been through an emotional experience. I know its fashionable to have a go at him because of all the press related stories etc, but we do tend to forget he is 26 - OK not 18, but 26, recently selected for the WC, and all of a sudden he is coverted by bigger clubs + MP has left etc who undoubtedly had a mentoring role in his development - alot to take in, alot that would easily turn many a 26 year old head in multiple directions... thik we do need to cut hjim some slack and see how this all pans out - he has not turned in the fricken devil over night simply because he is tempted by other other clubs...[/quote']

Very true. He stuck by us as we dropped through the leagues and must sometimes look at Ox, Bale and Walcott and wonder what might have been.

The wages is the biggest factor - his agent would be saying, your stock is high just now and you have a (limited) golden opportunity to make millions.

what we all do in the same situation???

I like Adam and don’t understand the stick he gets. He had a fantastic season and to my knowledge has never publically said anything against Saints.

We concur, Tim.

Rightly so, if true. Still, wasn't that much contrition. The bit of the interview we saw was mostly about how much he loves MP. Didn't even say Koeman's name out loud, did he?

Well Liverpool can't want him that badly can they? £20m including crappy add-ons and add-ins for a Premier League Club Captain and England International is derisory, so they are going for a slightly cheaper Bayern Munich reserve instead.

If they really, really wanted hime they would pay the price - Clearly they feel they don't want him that much.

Adam may well realise this anyway, but it is looking much more encouraging for us that he might stay and we should all welcome that warmly if he does.

Very true. He stuck by us as we dropped through the leagues and must sometimes look at Ox, Bale and Walcott and wonder what might have been...

Loads of injuries perchance. Bale is the only one of those three who has actually won anything by playing on the day.

We concur, Tim.

Rightly so, if true. Still, wasn't that much contrition. The bit of the interview we saw was mostly about how much he loves MP. Didn't even say Koeman's name out loud, did he?

mhm... alot to read into what looked like an emotionally drained Adam (suspect he also knows he will be on bench tomorrow with Welbeck moving to the left, Sterling on Right, and Rooney/sturidge in the middle) - He has not yet met Koeman, so its difficult to read anything into that - that first meeting and how RK deals with these players who are 'keen' to embrace new horizons (and wedge) will be key.

Not feeling 'sorry' for him as he is a millionnaire footballer who has a lovely family, baby and is set for life... but still affected by various pressures. Just dont think nhe is the **** some are making out just because he is not bleeding red and white.

mhm... alot to read into what looked like an emotionally drained Adam (suspect he also knows he will be on bench tomorrow with Welbeck moving to the left, Sterling on Right, and Rooney/sturidge in the middle) - He has not yet met Koeman, so its difficult to read anything into that - that first meeting and how RK deals with these players who are 'keen' to embrace new horizons (and wedge) will be key.

Not feeling 'sorry' for him as he is a millionnaire footballer who has a lovely family, baby and is set for life... but still affected by various pressures. Just dont think nhe is the **** some are making out just because he is not bleeding red and white.

I think he's learning a lesson from arrogance and until he turns out to captain our great club again he will get grief from the fans.

But I hope he will and I hope this summer has taught him the humility he needs to be a truly great Southampton player. He can be a legend and drive this club towards champions league football.

I think this interview is the start point of reconciliation. I'm looking forward to him scoring the winner against Liverpool on the first day of the season.

Well Liverpool can't want him that badly can they? £20m including crappy add-ons and add-ins for a Premier League Club Captain and England International is derisory, so they are going for a slightly cheaper Bayern Munich reserve instead.

If they really, really wanted hime they would pay the price - Clearly they feel they don't want him that much.

Adam may well realise this anyway, but it is looking much more encouraging for us that he might stay and we should all welcome that warmly if he does.

People say that he is way over priced etc etc and that one of the main reasons is because he is English. Is he though? Compared to the £27m they paid for Fellaini......

heard some interesting gossip / information on the lallana to liverpool links. i heard fro someone at the bournmouth end if the conversation (close enough to be involved in any decision making) that liverpool have offered slightly north of 24 million however the caveat is that its paid in installments over 4 years (didnt ask how many).

Bournemouth have absolutely said no chance we want our 25% up front no negotiation andsaints also have said all up front or no deal as we need to spend the cash on replacements.

clearly liverpool have a budget for a number of players needed to bolster their squad for CL and dont want to spend a large chunk on one player up front so will only pay over 4 years.

sounds like unless either party backs down nothing will be happening and young adz will be returning to SMS with his tail between his legs.