Defectors Watch

adrian lord

Never mind, anything that gives them even the minutest of chance of taking a point off Chelsea on Saturday is all in the plus column of the ledger for us really.

we want them to stay as many points as possible behind us. Chelsea and City will finish 1st and 2nd, we can aim for third though ;)

TBH if saints got to the CL and did what Liverpool have just done I'd be gutted.

So would I. I expect their great managers like Shankly and Paisley are spinning in their graves at that team selection.

disgraceful, resting players in a Champions League match ? I cannot believe Liverpool fans are happy about this at all.

Bottling a game, even if it's highly unwinnable and against Real Madrid, doesn't show much ambition does it? I'd say it was pretty disgraceful really, and totally disrespectful to the fans. Rodgers is going to look very stupid if they don't get a result against Chelsea.

It's also against the rules :)

_78761826_rules.jpg

So would I. I expect their great managers like Shankly and Paisley are spinning in their graves at that team selection.

disgraceful, resting players in a Champions League match ? I cannot believe Liverpool fans are happy about this at all.

So they're resting players in the most glamorous CL game in order that they can give themselves a better chance of making PL top 4 - so as not to miss the chance to make the CL next season?! And rest players for those games too? What is the point of this madness? (I know really - £££)

Bottling a game, even if it's highly unwinnable and against Real Madrid, doesn't show much ambition does it? I'd say it was pretty disgraceful really, and totally disrespectful to the fans. Rodgers is going to look very stupid if they don't get a result against Chelsea.

So what Liverpool team would you be happy with ?..he has a squad of 20 odd players to choose from and he's obviously decided that the last 2 CL games are the ones he hopes to win.

Lets face it... the ones on the bench have contributed 14 pts from 10 league games; hardly an endorsement for selection tonight.

Anyone totally unsurprised Liverpool look so much better and more solid now they've ditched Gerrard and Henderson? Those two are so sh1te, they really really are.

I agree. Gerrard is just past it. Typical, making him England captain when he is at the point in his career when he shouldn't be in the side! As for Woy encouraging Ricky and Lallana to join Liverpool, that's worked out well, hasn't it??

The best I've seen Liverpool play all season bar for that idiot Lallana who looks well out of place. Just praying Real open all the guns second half and hit them for six, or seven or more.

Look at it this way: if Liverpool hang on for a 1-0 defeat how long will those left out have to wait for another chance?

incredible really

only a few years ago, they got promoted from league 2, all chanting how they will be 'going to st marys'

great story really

Indeed. Would be truly amazing if they came up.

And the Championship is such a brilliant division - how many teams have been top already? I think about four could have finished on top after tonight's games alone. Great stuff.

incredible really

only a few years ago, they got promoted from league 2, all chanting how they will be 'going to st marys'

great story really

It's not a great story at all, it's a remake of "Skate expectations " .

It will all end in tears , their spending on wages and players is unsustainable for a club their size .

It's not a great story at all, it's a remake of "Skate expectations " .

It will all end in tears , their spending on wages and players is unsustainable for a club their size .

Have to say. Not paid any real attention towards them. So guess they have to go up to pay for it all, it seems

On another note, talksport saying that 1-0 to madrid was about right and that Liverpool maybe deserved a draw??!!!!

Really? Madrid had near on 30 shots on goal