Breaking news on sky

Viking Warrior

Did the presenter also say that she had just heard from a "Source at Southampton" that Morgan and JRod "weren't going anywhere"? Or did I mis-hear that bit? Obviously we'd take such a statement with a pinch of salt anyway :)

She said that.

Did the presenter also say that she had just heard from a "Source at Southampton" that Morgan and JRod "weren't going anywhere"? Or did I mis-hear that bit? Obviously we'd take such a statement with a pinch of salt anyway :)

TBF, it'll be a case of them not going anywhere until we have an acceptable bid - of which we're still negotiating.

Sky said they will be speaking to Krueger in the next hour

The players coming has now been changed to young talent not young English players

The "players coming" bit was reported on Sky's ticker only by positions anyway, it was only Amy wotsit's tweet that said "young English players" added to the end of what was on SSN ticker.

Rumours that we want Lucas Digne on loan who would be a stunning signing! I was so impressed by him at the World Cup.

Ridiculous, although PSG are high on the list of respectable suitors for Rojo. Digne will find plenty of takers elsewhere. Not really sure that I'd want him though, might be a bit green for the PL.

Surprisingly positive update, based off what Guan has said I was assuming this would be them saying Jrod and Spider-Man were off and that we would be struggling. Good that it was from a "club source" that the good-ish news was coming from, maybe the next Guan update will be more promising!

I really don't want any loans' date=' they just don't make sense to me in our position.[/quote']

Depending on the bigger picture, they make sense if they're cheaper than buying someone and plug a gap - we've long failed to use loans to our benefit.

I really don't want any loans' date=' they just don't make sense to me in our position.[/quote']

If we manage to keep J-Rod (unlikely at the mo) then a loan for Gnabry would provide cover on the wing without any long-term commitment. Everton used the loan system very well last season, though I do take your point, would prefer permanent signings myself.

Remember Les Reed saying he was loathe to loaning out youngsters as it wasn't befitting the Southampton Way- now we're bringing others in?

I'd actually be more confident of them staying if Ralphy comes out later and says "we are working very hard to sell them both and should have some news soon".