Pelle

Aziz Yebda

Apart from the lyrics being she-ite, his name is not pronounced 'Pell', either; it's pronounced 'Pellla' with a long 'L'.

I think it's pronounced a bit like 'fella' but the 'e' at the end should be like the 'e' in words like 'bed' or 'pen'. Something like that. Note that I'm not an Italian speaker, I just read the IPA of his name on Wikipedia. Some kind of song with 'fella' then (e.g. "He's a jolly good Pelle …" but better).

Apart from the lyrics being she-ite, his name is not pronounced 'Pell', either; it's pronounced 'Pellla' with a long 'L'.

Thanks for destroying my nascent dreams of being a lyricist. I am really hurt by your opinion.....

Stadium announcer and also one of the highlights I watched on Saturday pronounced it as "Pell". Noting the stadium announcer also mixed up Wanyama and Mayuka so may not be the best point of reference!

Very pleased for him and us. I am getting a little tired of some of the w*****s on here writing off players and ostensibly a new team

Thank god we have you around to put everybody right with your natural talent to identify which players are going to do well

In that first game Pelle played like a ****. Thankfully he played well on Saturday but lets see how he gets on up against some of the big boys.

As you point out it takes time to gel. Well we shall see about Pelle.

He's a new signing, he has to earn my approval not get given it by default. Same with all of the new players, except Mane because he has the best name ever so is my favourite player.

With all due respect Pastor, I shouldnt think he gives a flying one about your approval. It is the boss he needs to impress.

It isn't pronounced Pell la. There isn't an "a" on the end. As far as I know, it's pronounced Pell le, the le as in left.

Vindicated. There is an accent on the end "e", so...

Look at ‘caffè‘ and ‘ragù‘. Because these are two syllable words you would normally expect to say ‘CAF/fe’, and RAH/gu, but the accent changes the stress in the word so that the stress is on the final syllable, where the accent is, so you say ‘caf/FE‘, and rah/GU.

There is a tendency for English speakers to sound the accented ‘e’ in Italian like the ‘é’ in French and give it the ‘a’ sound in ‘yay’. This is incorrect. If you are using an Italian word, sound the ‘e’, whether accented or not, as in ‘egg’.

Till the time we arrive at st Mary's , I think you will be singing the Pelle song as know in Rotterdam:

EEEEE OOOO EEEE EEEEEE

Graziano Pelle!

Lalala lalala lalalalala

graziano pelle!

We"ll take our Italian Pelle flag with us when we visit the game against Sunderland on october 18.

Pelle fans from Holland (Feyenoord).?p=fotoverslagen&album_id=580

see my daughter with our hero...

Sorry, The Muppet show got the exclusive scoop on the Supermodel from Hungary.

As for Pelle the tricks of Ronaldo without the searing pace

maybe

No it's not.

Well, excuse me for espressing an opinion based on me being half-Italian. How do you think it should be pronounced and why exactly? I have also checked it with an authority on Italian pronunciation which backs up what I say. Perhaps you're right and they're wrong, eh?

Such a player, when you look for a player to play the role he's occupying....you look for all the attributes he has. Strength, mobility, a bit of pace off the ground, technical ability, assured touch, good head, good brain. Good hair ;)

He's just got everything you'd want for a player leading the line. At £8m we did one hell of a deal there.

But at the end of the day, a goal scorer is a goal scorer. Leauge 1, NPC, Erendivse, La Liga. If they're as prolific as Pelle and Lambert, they'll score goals at any level given the service.

Looks like I got this one very very wrong. Didn't hold high hopes when he signed, didn't like the look of him when I saw him vs WBA. Had heard he performed well in the next few and when I got to see him at the Emirates I was very impressed. That goal this afternoon confirms that I was way off in my initial assessment of him, and I'm delighted to be so!

the song we sang in Rotterdam for our hero Graziano:

this song i mean

(after second of 25)

(beginning)

on the 18 oktober i'll fly in from holland with my daughter. Lover to sing it with you. You can recognize us , we have a large Pelle italian flag with us.

Are you already singing this song????

What a amazing goal!

3 weeks and we are coming over to see it live at st Mary's