Pelle

Aziz Yebda

Saints fans were brilliant in their support for him last night. He clapped them after one of his misses and you could see the support really lifted him. We must continue that support to get the best out of him.

As for a chant, surely we can do better?

True for all of the new players, need to get behind them all and put the summer's disappointments behind us. Our away supporters are better in this regard though, parts of the home support were Meldrew-esque on Saturday and it won't help players settle in.

Saints fans were brilliant in their support for him last night. He clapped them after one of his misses and you could see the support really lifted him. We must continue that support to get the best out of him.

As for a chant, surely we can do better?

There were a few (massive minority I hasten to add) that were groaning and getting on his back last night in the first half last night. They were sat a few rows back from me. Other than that the fans were really good to him, and he seemed to genuinely appreciate that.

Its the Chapel fans that worry me. The same ones that goaded Boruc and ensured he wasnt picked for a couple of months despite being clearly our best keeper.

That section of the ground, behind that goal drags the support level down IMO.

But do they encourage Pelle?

Its the Chapel fans that worry me. The same ones that goaded Boruc and ensured he wasnt picked for a couple of months despite being clearly our best keeper.

I'm in Kingsland and all the sarcastic applause when Pelle won a header came from my left. Don't know if it was in Kingsland or Northam.

What a wonderful insight...perhaps you can conduct a personal interview with each and every one of them to determine their rights to be a Saint's fan. I sit in the Chapel Stand behind the goal and have done since St Mary's opened. A large group of us transferred our block from where we sat in The Milton End at the Dell to the new ground so we would stay together. FYI none of us were involved in the so call goading of Artur...in fact IMO the goading was by a small handful of idiots and no way indicative of the attitude shown by Chapel fans in general on that day.

Fed up of your stupidity. Great game and atmosphere today. Pelle has been crap but was great today. Let's celebrate that rather than blathering on.

Fed up with your crap too..but i doubt you care either

I celebrate but really doubt you do as you post often with an obvious dislike of most things sfc...

Thing is mr say it as you see it:rolleyes:, he wasn`t shyte...but don`t let that get in the way

He was awful last week but 2 goals in 2 games is great for us and Pelle and that's the most important thing. Are you trying to get people talking about his crap performance last week so you can whinge about negative posters again?

He was awful last week but 2 goals in 2 games is great for us and Pelle and that's the most important thing. Are you trying to get people talking about his crap performance last week so you can whinge about negative posters again?

Nope, but thanks for asking..

My opinion of his performance differs from others..sorry

That's how to play a central striker role.

It's also how to support a central striker with numbers rather than isolated as in the first two matches and the first half at Millwall. Koeman is getting his message across.

It's also how to support a central striker with numbers rather than isolated as in the first two matches and the first half at Millwall. Koeman is getting his message across.

Oh absolutely, getting the movement and activity in around him is key - but at the same time, his touch and strength needs to be there - which it was today.

The moronic booing of pelle last week (the minority, I accept!) has been shown up for what it was !

The guy deserves some time to settle and find his feet within a system that suits both him and the others around him, especially as his work ethic is so strong !

Respect !!

I don't know what is happening here, it hurts my brain :facepalm:

Just goes to show how much good the midweek run out and goal has done for his confidence. The decision by RK to give him a full 90 at millwall and the chance to grab that goal may well have been the difference in how he played today. Terrific stuff

Pelle do do do do do do, oh Graziano do do do do do do to the tune of Sugar, Sugar by the Archies

Hahaha, Pelle pelle do do do do do do oh Graziano do do do do do do... I'm going to be singing that all day tomorrow. And original too, someone get it going!

Played a blinder today, obviously deserved more than one goal. He's gonna be one of those strikers (like Lambert) who when he plays well he causes havoc but when he or the team has an off day he will stand out as being particularly poor.

So pleased he got his goal, he dominated Spammers today, and crosses from Tadic and JWP will surely result in many of Pelle's goals this season, w00t!