• Cork
    • Davis
    • Tadic
    • Long
    • Pelle
    • Wanyama
    • Ward-Prowse
    • Gardos

good thing about that game was that (despite Newcastle being awful) it looked like Saints were playing well within themselves.We really look a threat and have true competition for all positions now - something we have not had for many a year.

Could be a frighteningly good season if we continue to improve and Mane and Rodriguez to come in.

Full credit to Koeman - commentators were talking about how RK changes it up all the time so other team doesn't know how we will play next as opposed to 'Plan A' Pochettino last season.

Early days but hugely encouraging. Certainly don't see how we will be involved in a relegation battle and really think we could challenge for 6/7 this year.

As I was watching the game I thought this team is revolving (for want of a better term) Newcastle are being baffled as the player they are marking has buggered off somewhere else on the pitch.

i have to say I do like the cut of our jib right now we coasted through this game to the point of being so bored at the lack of opposition in the first half that we switched off.

I also like the fact that we have depth to the squad that when a substitution is made its like the team has been re mapped and a player with a different bag of tricks that his team mates know adds to the confusion of the opposition.

I have a feeling deep inside that when these boys get fully settled with each other we are going to be a formidable force.

As I was watching the game I thought this team is revolving (for want of a better term) Newcastle are being baffled as the player they are marking has buggered off somewhere else on the pitch.

i have to say I do like the cut of our jib right now we coasted through this game to the point of being so bored at the lack of opposition in the first half that we switched off.

I also like the fact that we have depth to the squad that when a substitution is made its like the team has been re mapped and a player with a different bag of tricks that his team mates know adds to the confusion of the opposition.

I have a feeling deep inside that when these boys get fully settled with each other we are going to be a formidable force.

Says it all when Jack Cork plays half the game as a second striker - and does it well! How are Newcastle supposed to prepare for that??

I just want to say how pleased I am for the owner, for the the Board and for the management team. What a great two fingers up to all of the so called fans who seemed to want to believe that that the club was finished. Still early days but I think that the bedwetters have shown themselves to be pathetic so called supporters of SFC. We are looking like we will have a better squad and we ceratinly have an awesome manager. The bedwetters must be gutted.

Did Schneiderlin go to kiss the badge after his goal and Bertrand shake his head and say no?

Didn't notice that. I thought he came towards us to say sorry to my mate who had 3 - 0 Pelle first goal scorer. He did look very happy today, and with his post-match interview maybe Koeman is winning him over? Let's hope so! Great day, great game, great score and the skates and Scousehampton lost as well!

Twas 40 consecutive touches actually.

I made it 38, but who's counting? Shades of Cambiasso versus Serbia a couple of World Cups back, but with a better finish. Marvellous stuff. And capped off with a chortle at the sweaty Geordie chap's video blog. Not a bad end to the day's footy.

Great performance , not quite as free flowing as Newcastle, hull games last season , but pretty damn good for a new side. Steve Davis back to his best was my motm

I'm sorry but there is no way he was mom. Pelle was. A lot of players better than Davis IMO

I made it 38, but who's counting? Shades of Cambiasso versus Serbia a couple of World Cups back, but with a better finish. Marvellous stuff. And capped off with a chortle at the sweaty Geordie chap's video blog. Not a bad end to the day's footy.

I meant sweary Geordie. He was perspiring a bit though. Passionate fella from what I could understand of the dialect.

Although we played very well Newcastle were rubbish we are not going to have any easier games than this so I am not getting too excited at the moment.

However the defence is very tight and I fully expect us to finish upper middle table but really want us to try very hard in the two cup competitions.

Just watched MOTD...

Newcastle were utterly woeful. Shocking play from their defenders for all of the goals. Collocini could and should have stopped the second goal if he wasn't too busy looking at the linesman trying to claim an imaginary offside.

Krul can consider himself lucky not to have been sent off for clotheslining Shane Long. yet another blatantly obvious penalty decision not given. Lost count of how many we had last season and our bad luck with that seems to be continuing into this one.

Won at a canter and should have had more, but like a few others have said: it's difficult to get too carried away when the opposition were so poor they may as well have just walked the ball into the net for us. Next week's game will be a much tougher test for the team.

Newcastle were terrible, but we looked a good outfit, passed the ball well and put the ball in the net when required. Still it is 4-0 in the premier league and we have played teams like that before and not made the most of it. 30 passes for the last goal and what a finish at the end.

Newcastle should have scored, but it would have been very upset if they did, as they were that bad!

Onwards and upwards, with more of test next week. Win it and Chelsea slip up, we could have a chance of going top at home to QPR! Ha ha

Cracking result. Had to go to Stockholm yesterday resigned to missing both the game and even highlights on MOTD. Went out for a £9 beer and came back to the hotel to discover the hotel bar had had the whole game on and I'd missed all but the last 15 minutes. :mcinnes:

:lol:

Great performance , not quite as free flowing as Newcastle, hull games last season , but pretty damn good for a new side. Steve Davis back to his best was my motm

I'm a big fan of Davis but thought he had one of his least effective games for quite a while. Game of opinions.

-Barring a miracle Pardew will be sacked within a fortnight

-We won 4-0 despite Long being denied a blatant penalty, and being very unlucky with the deflection in the opening seconds

-Long caused them all sorts of problems early in the game

-Pelle is better than Lambert

-Mike Williamson in the PL. Why?

-Koeman's appointment looks like a masterstroke

-Our first XI is about where it was last season, but we have more squad depth

-Toby Alderweireld looks absolute quality

In my view bringing on VW was the key to our win today. We looked under pressure towards the end of the first half. Not sure if Long went off due to the battering he had but it was perfect opportunity to get the Beast into midfield and from then on we totally dominated the game.

Great support from Newcastle fans who deserve much better than having Ashley/Pardew destroying their club. Their songs were mainly self deprecating gallows humour but it will be a long trip home and a long hard season for them.

Toby is class. Feel a bit sorry for Maya because he hasn't really put a foot wrong this season but he'll be lucky to dislodge the Belgian judging by today's performance.

Anyway, I really hope we can sort the Cork situation out. It's the only missing piece of the jigsaw at the moment.

Agree with that. Last 15 minutes of the first half was being run by Sissoko. He did nothing in the second half thanks to Big Vic.

I just want to say how pleased I am for the owner, for the the Board and for the management team. What a great two fingers up to all of the so called fans who seemed to want to believe that that the club was finished. Still early days but I think that the bedwetters have shown themselves to be pathetic so called supporters of SFC. We are looking like we will have a better squad and we ceratinly have an awesome manager. The bedwetters must be gutted.

What a stupid post.

Excellent post.

What a stupid post, you sound like Alex Salmond.

Yesterday was great.

Forster is the rock we needed in goal.

Toby looks a super addition.

Loved the fact we have depth on the bench for tactical changes - I thought Wanyama and JWP introductions bolstered our midfield and added creativity and width to our game with JWPs distribution.

Koeman has not only a Plan A, but a B and a C.

Loved the addition of Gardos to effectively park the bus with a 6 man defence at the end.

Pelle is coming good.

Loved Spider-mans post match positivity and comments.

Newcastle had nothing up front though and Pardew has not built a team.

Only negative was Longs overall performance, but I'm putting that down to playing in an unfamiliar role and the fact that Krul nearly took his head off, he deserved a penalty.

Koeman is a genius.

-Barring a miracle Pardew will be sacked within a fortnight

-We won 4-0 despite Long being denied a blatant penalty, and being very unlucky with the deflection in the opening seconds

-Long caused them all sorts of problems early in the game

-Pelle is better than Lambert

-Mike Williamson in the PL. Why?

-Koeman's appointment looks like a masterstroke

-Our first XI is about where it was last season, but we have more squad depth

-Toby Alderweireld looks absolute quality

I don't think Pelle is better than RL, but is a different option. I'm pleased it is coming right quickly for him, the idiots who wrote him off after a game or so need a word

The Long deflection was a handball.

Yesterday was great.

Forster is the rock we needed in goal.

Toby looks a super addition.

Loved the fact we have depth on the bench for tactical changes - I thought Wanyama and JWP introductions bolstered our midfield and added creativity and width to our game with JWPs distribution.

Koeman has not only a Plan A, but a B and a C.

Loved the addition of Gardos to effectively park the bus with a 6 man defence at the end.

Pelle is coming good.

Loved Spider-mans post match positivity and comments.

Newcastle had nothing up front though and Pardew has not built a team.

Only negative was Longs overall performance, but I'm putting that down to playing in an unfamiliar role and the fact that Krul nearly took his head off, he deserved a penalty.

Koeman is a genius.

Long was pulling their centre backs all over the place for the first 15 mins, one of the reasons we were so, so dominant in the first part of that game. He then took a whack to the head and understandably quieted down until he was subbed.

That 20 mins or so was probably as best he's played for us.

Excellent post.

We have a chance to move together positively after a great win and someone divides the fans without even knowing if the fans who he insultingly calls bed wetters actually may have had a positive impact in holding the owner and Boardroom to account to support our great manager whilst old gits sat back and pontificated that all would be well and contributed nothing.

I don't care anymore about the summer, I'm just enjoying continuing to support my great teams great manager. And if my Board and owner fail to back him I hope people are prepared to stand up and ask them why.

Futures bright. Let's just get on with supporting our team and manager.

Long was pulling their centre backs all over the place for the first 15 mins, one of the reasons we were so, so dominant in the first part of that game. He then took a whack to the head and understandably quieted down until he was subbed.

That 20 mins or so was probably as best he's played for us.

I think that's fair comment. That's why I said overall performance. I do think Krul knocked the stuffing out of him.

I don't think Pelle is better than RL, but is a different option. I'm pleased it is coming right quickly for him, the idiots who wrote him off after a game or so need a word

The Long deflection was a handball.

It would be nice to have both Rickie and Pelle. But, given a choice, I suspect Pelle will eventually edge it.

We have a chance to move together positively after a great win and someone divides the fans without even knowing if the fans who he insultingly calls bed wetters actually may have had a positive impact in holding the owner and Boardroom to account to support our great manager whilst old gits sat back and pontificated that all would be well and contributed nothing.

I don't care anymore about the summer, I'm just enjoying continuing to support my great teams great manager. And if my Board and owner fail to back him I hope people are prepared to stand up and ask them why.

true, Morgan would not be wearing our shirt had the fans sat back and left it to the board. JRod would also have gone

:lol: Get over yourself! Even Richmond has had the good sense to hold his hands up to his summer bellendery (at least on one of his log ins). Pity you can't do the same. Then move on.

Sweet Jesus, what a delusional individual you are. You are still trying to convice us that this is down to a few internet warriors fretting over their keyboards. I think I am safe in saying that you and your ilk made absolutely no difference to what the Board and the manager did this summer. Sorry to burst your bubble but you, I and the rest of us are not changing the world from our living rooms. Get yourself a girlfriend and start leading a normal life.

Sweet Jesus, what a delusional individual you are. You are still trying to convice us that this is down to a few internet warriors fretting over their keyboards. I think I am safe in saying that you and your ilk made absolutely no difference to what the Board and the manager did this summer. Sorry to burst your bubble but you, I and the rest of us are not changing the world from our living rooms. Get yourself a girlfriend and start leading a normal life.

I think the collective pressure of the fans and media reaction meant that we changed our stance on Morgan and kept the rest of the squad together.

A good performance and great victory and I am genuinely but pleasantly surprised how quickly the new players have settled and integrated with the team. They also appear to be revelling in Koeman's methods which is great to see.

However, this is two victory's on the bounce against what I feel are two of the weaker teams in the division, let's see how we are after 10, 20 or even 38 games before people start claiming the moral high ground.

What a stupid post.

Why? SOG's right.

He's talking about the same bedwetters who were fortelling our doom within 5 minutes of Cortese leaving, who were telling Pochettino to f**k off within 5 minutes of him arriving here, and who threw their toys out of the pram when Pardew left. Only for their kneejerk reactions to be proven wrong time and time again and they still don't learn.

Why? SOG's right.

He's talking about the same bedwetters who were fortelling our doom within 5 minutes of Cortese leaving, who were telling Pochettino to f**k off within 5 minutes of him arriving here, and who threw their toys out of the pram when Pardew left. Only for their kneejerk reactions to be proven wrong time and time again and they still don't learn.

Who are the posters who thought all these things? Can you name them?