• Cork
    • Davis
    • Tadic
    • Long
    • Pelle
    • Wanyama
    • Ward-Prowse
    • Gardos

Ooh.. It must be so satisfying to be you SOG with your opinionated self righteous twaddle!

Are you turkish's girlfriend?

Actually Wessex I am not in the least bothered. I am just pleased that the people who wrote us off, vilified the people running the club and spent hours every day telling us the club was being sold, there was a fire sale, Morgan and Jay were going to be sold (despite Koeman saying they were not) we were replacing quality with cut price inferior players etc etc are now having to eat their words. It doesnt take a genious to decide to wait until something plays out before taking a view on a situation but it takes a fool to jump to negative conclusions before they have any real evidence to base their stance on. There were too many people on here who seemed to be willing the Board to fail and pounced on every last bit of tittle tattle in support of their negative views. Krueger, Katharina, Reed were all idiots who didnt know what they were doing.If that is the case, long may they continue to not know what they are doing!

We have a chance to move together positively after a great win and someone divides the fans without even knowing if the fans who he insultingly calls bed wetters actually may have had a positive impact in holding the owner and Boardroom to account to support our great manager whilst old gits sat back and pontificated that all would be well and contributed nothing.

I don't care anymore about the summer, I'm just enjoying continuing to support my great teams great manager. And if my Board and owner fail to back him I hope people are prepared to stand up and ask them why.

Futures bright. Let's just get on with supporting our team and manager.

Yes because a few fans moaning about selling players who clearly didn't want to be here made the club change strategy from 'fire sale' to heavily reinvesting in the team. Let's face it, if it had been the fire sale as some here were suggesting, they wouldn't have cared what the fans said and would have continued to do so.

Instead they asked to be judged on the 1st September and those fans who you say sat back and pontificated, allowed them that time and the board delivered, it had nothing to do with these fans holding them to account

Yes because a few fans moaning about selling players who clearly didn't want to be here made the club change strategy from 'fire sale' to heavily reinvesting in the team. Let's face it, if it had been the fire sale as some here were suggesting, they wouldn't have cared what the fans said and would have continued to do so.

Instead they asked to be judged on the 1st September and those fans who you say sat back and pontificated, allowed them that time and the board delivered, it had nothing to do with these fans holding them to account

THIS^

I am thoroughly enjoying the best meltdown ever. Can we have a fire sale/asset strip every summer?

A good performance and great victory and I am genuinely but pleasantly surprised how quickly the new players have settled and integrated with the team. They also appear to be revelling in Koeman's methods which is great to see.

However, this is two victory's on the bounce against what I feel are two of the weaker teams in the division, let's see how we are after 10, 20 or even 38 games before people start claiming the moral high ground.

I agree that it is still early days and we will face much tougher tasks than WHU and Newcastle, but the worries that the club was going to the dogs have surely been put to bed. The team and management look solid and competitive and the doom and gloom predicted by some consistantly through the summer looks even more foolish now than it did before a ball was kicked in anger.

It was indeed a great win. Not only is it good to see Pelle scoring but RK said he wanted more goals from midfield and that is what we are seeing too. Koeman has settled into life in the Premiership very quickly and although he will face sterner tests then this I am really looking forward to see what he and his team can do against the Arsenals and Citehs. Not worried about United as they have a relegation battle on their hands :D

I see that, having been deprived of his pro-Lowe whining, SOG has re-invented himself as an insufferable attention-seeking tw*t by sneering at those who were deeply worried about the clubs direction over the summer.

I did wonder why he suddenly crawled out from under the rock where he had been hiding when Pochettino left.

I find it deeply tragic and pitiful that some feel the need to do this whilst the rest of us are celebrating a superb win.

I see that, having been deprived of his pro-Lowe whining, SOG has re-invented himself as an insufferable attention-seeking tw*t by sneering at those who were deeply worried about the clubs direction over the summer.

I did wonder why he suddenly crawled out from under the rock where he had been hiding when Pochettino left.

I find it deeply tragic and pitiful that some feel the need to do this whilst the rest of us are celebrating a superb win.

Great to see that you haven't lost your touch Alps! :D

It is one thing being deeply worried about the direction the club were going in, another to post deeply unpleasant comments about the owner and members of the Board. The constant flow of negativity on here was relentless and pointless. I am not the only one who got fed up with the whinning from the bedwetters. If anyone was seeking attention surely it was them. Several of the more reasonable posters we saying wait until September and see how things pan out. Sadly that wasnt the case and the daily dribble went on and on and on. Being a wrist slitter of the highest order yourself I dont suppose it bothered you.

And by all means slag me off, but calling me names is a bit childish dont you think?

It is one thing being deeply worried about the direction the club were going in, another to post deeply unpleasant comments about the owner and members of the Board. The constant flow of negativity on here was relentless and pointless. I am not the only one who got fed up with the whinning from the bedwetters. If anyone was seeking attention surely it was them. Several of the more reasonable posters we saying wait until September and see how things pan out. Sadly that wasnt the case and the daily dribble went on and on and on. Being a wrist slitter of the highest order yourself I dont suppose it bothered you.

And by all means slag me off, but calling me names is a bit childish dont you think?

Whereas, of course, "bedwetters" and "wrist-slitters" is official biological taxonomy for anyone with a particularly negative outlook of future prospects of their football club... :facepalm:

Your piety, faux- or not, is the sort of tedious b*ll*cks that one comes to expect from you.

Your sneering seems to be becoming more and more frequent. Not enough bites ?

I just want to say how pleased I am for the owner, for the the Board and for the management team. What a great two fingers up to all of the so called fans who seemed to want to believe that that the club was finished. Still early days but I think that the bedwetters have shown themselves to be pathetic so called supporters of SFC. We are looking like we will have a better squad and we ceratinly have an awesome manager. The bedwetters must be gutted.

Classic trolling.

Thought VW was immense when he came on (as he was in the first two games). Morgan and Cork both have much to recommend them at DM, but for the sheer destructiveness of his play VW is unequalled. He just seems to glide in, and with minimal effort encourages whoever was on the ball to move to one side. Every bit as lovely to watch as a 40 yard pass.

If there's one player who disappointed yesterday, and in previous games, it's Davis. He's been as energetic as ever this season, but I just don't think he's used the ball well enough.

Just watched the game again on sky, I thought we took our foot of the gas and strolled through the 2nd half.

The final goal 40-passes and an exceptional finish from Morgan was the gloss on a very good performance.

We seem to have more options this season, which is nice to see.I can see Koeman switching players in and out of the team to suit the opposition. And we do seem to switch tactics around during the game.

I feel there is a lot more to come from this squad, I'm happy my fears for the season have been put to bed.

Just watched the game again on sky, I thought we took our foot of the gas and strolled through the 2nd half.

The final goal 40-passes and an exceptional finish from Morgan was the gloss on a very good performance.

We seem to have more options this season, which is nice to see.I can see Koeman switching players in and out of the team to suit the opposition. And we do seem to switch tactics around during the game.

I feel there is a lot more to come from this squad, I'm happy my fears for the season have been put to bed.

There does feel a lot more scope with this squad, that's for sure. I'm not belittleing us last season what so ever as we were exceptional, but as people have stated...we had an 11, and that was that. We had a manager who had a way to play and that was that.

The inevitable games where certain players didn't perform, or things didn't click...it was a nailed on points drop as we had nothing else. This season we have depth, we have a fluency in the final third and a manager who doesn't make like for like changes, but tactical, reasoned changes as the game progresses.

I'm of the belief that we should have achieved more than we did last season, as we had a terrific base 11. This year we seem to once again have a terrific base 11, but much more depth beyond that. We could potentially do better and actually achieve something.

Agree with that. Last 15 minutes of the first half was being run by Sissoko. He did nothing in the second half thanks to Big Vic.

I thought Hidaria (sp) was their stand out player by a mile - caused us all sorts of problems and was literally all over the pitch! Worth a bid in Jan ??

If there's one player who disappointed yesterday, and in previous games, it's Davis. He's been as energetic as ever this season, but I just don't think he's used the ball well enough.

He really hasn't been on it, has he? Might be worth dropping him for Ward-Prowse or Cork/Wanyama at Swansea, because his ball retention has been surprisingly poor and that's exactly what we need to be on top of to compete there.

I'd also like to single out Bertrand for praise. He wasn't tested defensively yesterday but was always making good runs and opening up space. Made Clyne look poor by comparison at both ends.

Thought VW was immense when he came on (as he was in the first two games). Morgan and Cork both have much to recommend them at DM, but for the sheer destructiveness of his play VW is unequalled. He just seems to glide in, and with minimal effort encourages whoever was on the ball to move to one side. Every bit as lovely to watch as a 40 yard pass.

Total agreement about VW, he wouldn't look out of place in any team in the Premier league.

But personally I think Steven Davis makes the team tick, and basically joins the pieces together for Saints at the moment.

Koeman reckoned it was 32 or 33 passes. Personally I didn't count.

Some of the personal comments made about Katharina from some posters was unforgivable, particularly given what she has done for us. That should be the first apology.

Agree. Some of the "childish" remarks made on here by those who knew it all are beyond reprehensible. Will they apologize and say "I was wrong?" Oh no....I forgot....it's all about opinions.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Some of the comments on here about Katharina were libelous and were she a vindictive person this board could have been closed down.Let bygones be bygones and move on.Personally I am really p.i.s.s.e.d off with some of the infantile remarks some posters make.Grow up before the undertakers arrive.

I think the MODs deleted them at the time, which was much appreciated. Personally, I think it's great we've got a female owner, and she's making her own mark on the club. Can't imagine that happening somewhere like Newcastle.

Anyway, sorry this is off topic - this thread has been great to read now were back to happy days :)

Some of the personal comments made about Katharina from some posters was unforgivable, particularly given what she has done for us. That should be the first apology.

Totally agree. Some of the Ad Hominem comments on here went way beyond differing opinions, concerns and doubts.

You could of course argue that those who were attacked were unlikely to be viewing a noddy message board, but it was still OTT, unnecessary and infantile.

Now back to the result. No matter how poor Newcastle were, it looked a great performance and a real morale boost to the players and management team who are still getting to know each other. We really are Newcastle's worst footballing destination!

and would be interested to know what the deal is with regards a new contract for Cork as his performances (& his goals!) must be making those who hold the purse strings think about a new contract.

Totally agree. Some of the Ad Hominem comments on here went way beyond differing opinions, concerns and doubts.

You could of course argue that those who were attacked were unlikely to be viewing a noddy message board, but it was still OTT, unnecessary and infantile.

Now back to the result. No matter how poor Newcastle were, it looked a great performance and a real morale boost to the players and management team who are still getting to know each other. We really are Newcastle's worst footballing destination!

and would be interested to know what the deal is with regards a new contract for Cork as his performances (& his goals!) must be making those who hold the purse strings think about a new contract.

The fact that Cork has not been even offered a contract Steve must tell us something. Probably he has informed the club he intends to run down his contract. Probably because Pochettino did not fancy him and while new contracts were offered to the likes of Puncheon, Jack was left out. I like him, he is underrated and if RK can somehow persuade him to re-engage with his new look Southampton then we can yet prosper from keeping him.

The fact that Cork has not been even offered a contract Steve must tell us something. Probably he has informed the club he intends to run down his contract. Probably because Pochettino did not fancy him and while new contracts were offered to the likes of Puncheon, Jack was left out. I like him, he is underrated and if RK can somehow persuade him to re-engage with his new look Southampton then we can yet prosper from keeping him.

As many have already said he's a decent player, seems a key part of the squad and I just wonder how much it would cost to replace him if he does leave.

Hopefully if Koeman does rate him then he can earn his wedge by putting his arm around Cork and get him to sign up.

Perhaps after the frantically busy transfer window closed, the club will now have time to sort out Jack's contract. He was brilliant again yesterday. Nice to see that Ronald sees what so many of us do, and started with him this weekend. A superb team performance, well worth watching for a second time on Sky, despite the inept commentary! I'm expecting it a lot tougher next Saturday, though.

MOTD 2 and all the pundits could say was how poor Newcastle were. Not one single word of praise for how good we were. And then they compounded their ineptitude by going on about how Newcastle couldn't replace half the team and expect them to perform well and that Ashley might be a good businessman, but shouldn't always expect to make a profit on selling players that they have developed. Of course, Newcastle can't do that, but we've showed the footballing world how to do just that and they still can't bring themselves to praise us. They're so thick, particularly Lawrence, that they don't realise the irony of it.

MOTD 2 and all the pundits could say was how poor Newcastle were. Not one single word of praise for how good we were. And then they compounded their ineptitude by going on about how Newcastle couldn't replace half the team and expect them to perform well and that Ashley might be a good businessman, but shouldn't always expect to make a profit on selling players that they have developed. Of course, Newcastle can't do that, but we've showed the footballing world how to do just that and they still can't bring themselves to praise us. They're so thick, particularly Lawrence, that they don't realise the irony of it.

Was rubbish typical lawrenson. The soul is back in out club and I'm proud of it. I misjudged the board and koeman. He looks inspired and love Matty being in boardroom and meeting koeman for tea Friday.

Strange because I didn't think much of him at all - I thought Sissoko was their best player.

Fair enough - IMHO Sissoko was ok, but I thought Haidara (yes found his proper spelling) really bossed us about and he won virtually all challenges - even ones he was not expected to. We are a great flowing side, but could do with more aggression at times.

That's beauty of democracy - expression of one's opinion without fear of retribution (unlike the IS scum - sorry getting emotional after watching the Sky news report of the pathetic cowards be-heading a hero helping real people in need)

I know 12mill for Long was baulked at by some but it's looking like a shrewd move, at least until JRod gets back. Pelle was looking isolated early season but now he has Long making energetic runs off him. Tadic likes finding space on the left and our CMs weren't getting close enough to him so having Long's runs coming in off the right have really given Pelle something to work with. Be even more exciting once JRod returns and Mane gets settled.

The first and last goals were simply outstanding, fantastic teamwork - what will they do when they have had time to gel?

If the defense stays strong there is not a team in the league we should fear and I really think we could better eighth position. COYR

Just because we have beaten West Ham and Newcastle does not mean we will beat Everton Man U Arsenal etc but of course time will tell

The first and last goals were simply outstanding, fantastic teamwork - what will they do when they have had time to gel?

If the defense stays strong there is not a team in the league we should fear and I really think we could better eighth position. COYR

I'm conscious of the fact that the three most recent matches were against teams that offered little in attack. We're scoring goals, though, which is what I was concerned about at the start of the season.