• Davis
    • Tadic
    • Long
    • Pelle
    • Wanyama
    • Ward-Prowse
    • Gardos

Neil Ashton owes the owner, players and fans an aplogy

I saw a real team out there today, Newcastle were gash and Pardew will get sacked but the last two performances have been stunning. Tadic, Pelle and Davis were superb. Hard to judge TA because he had so little to do but looks a class act at the back

#ItsHappening

3 place. F**k me. Woe betide the rest of the PL when we really have gelled and found our strongest team.

'tater on the stream said that Newcastle needed time for all their new players to get settled - If ours are still 'finding their way' surely good times are ahead. :-)

We are above that dirty treacherous argie k9 and Arsenal. And currently liverhampton.

Have to do overtime shift tonight having to give up tickets today as a result, at least saint's have cheered me up a bit, especially as I'm going with a cocky arse fan :lol:

Played that at walking pace.... Literally laughable. There is some real dog sh1te in the league this season.. And we are looking every bit a top 8 team as it stands.

Very happy both as i won money on us winning and nature of our victory. Was happy with the Koeman appointment but admit being very worried by the summer sales. Glad to see new team showing promise and hope they can go on to be as good or better than last season's excellent first 11. Great to see Cork back in the starting line-up too & Morgan being a model professional on the pitch.

Fantastic performance. Pelle thrilling. So many aspects to his game. I thought Morgan was MoM. Won the ball time and again. Gorgeous strike at the end. Worth a shout out too to our maligned scouting network. You can see now what they saw in Shane Long. The lightning fast counterpoint to Pelle. Give every defence two very different things to worry about. Until he was half knocked unconscious in the penalty we weren't given, Long looked really, really dangerous. I think he's going to be a great part of the mix.

Koeman tonight will be thinking: so I dreamed of what would happen if you put together the two best players in the Dutch league. And guess what? I was right. They're going to light up the Premier League.

Exciting season ahead, friends. Beat Swansea next week and second place beckons?!!

Great performance, couple of scary moments but you could see after the first 10mins we were far far better than Newcastle. Bertrand fantastic again, Pelle & Tadic excellent also, Forster is a step up from Boruc. Tough to pick a MoM as everyone played very well.

Fantastic performance. Pelle thrilling. So many aspects to his game. I thought Morgan was MoM. Won the ball time and again. Gorgeous strike at the end. Worth a shout out too to our maligned scouting network. You can see now what they saw in Shane Long. The lightning fast counterpoint to Pelle. Give every defence two very different things to worry about. Until he was half knocked unconscious in the penalty we weren't given, Long looked really, really dangerous. I think he's going to be a great part of the mix.

Koeman tonight will be thinking: so I dreamed of what would happen if you put together the two best players in the Dutch league. And guess what? I was right. They're going to light up the Premier League.

Exciting season ahead, friends. Beat Swansea next week and second place beckons?!!

Would be good to see Vile get a draw out of the Tap-up Bastards this evening..

Brilliant, brilliant performance.. only disappointments was Pelle not getting his hatrick ;) , Long coming off and that **** ref who didn't give us are clear penalty. But 4-0... can't complain one bit, what a strike by Spiderman at the end to put the cherry on the icing.

Tony Gale was the co-commentator on the US stream I was watching. He was gushing about us all through the game.

Basic paraphrasing

But basic points. How fantastic our Midfield are, they hunt in packs, work for each other, move around and can play in all positions, press when need to, move the ball superbly.

Then the key point - last year at times we were one dimensional great at retaining possession. This season that has changed, now the same players have more freedom. We mix it up, we have Long & Pelle, we can retain possession, we can play the ball into Pelle's feet or the air. Then while the 2 cb's worry about that we have Shane Long pulling them wide and also getting in behind them. The other key point - we do all this at PACE and our movement is at pace.

Add to that my own amazement at the brilliant work in the transfer window of signing a couple of new Attacking Goalscoring CM's (some French bloke & some Olympian)

And Alderweireld looked totally at ease, what a great game to ease into. When Gardos came on & he moved into CM he didn't seem out of place at all. Made me smirk at the thought of Dave Watson or Chris Nicholl playing there - lol.

Of course, ALL the press and many of the comments will be that were (yet again) up against a woeful side, injury crisis, jetlagged, not gelled new players team as it was last year.

Very few will give credit to the fact that we went at them from the first seconds and scared the bejeezus out of them, messed up their game plan by starting 4-4-2, then just as they re-adjusted to cope with that we went back to a 4-2-3-1.

Newcastle were MADE to look poor today, not just that they were poor.

Glad we sold the players only good enough to get us to 8th last year and brought in some quality.

(Oh and yes we had the same "early days" comments last year when we hit the Top 4 early..... This time we have depth)

BUZZING and sets me up for my big trip next week!

Great debut for the Dubai Saints Flag as well by our Twitter Meister!

2ytzay8.jpg

Hats off to Koeman, who is top, top class. Playing with a swagger today, and there is a distinct possibility that by January potential mid season moves to Spurs and the dippers won't look quite so appealing.

Be nice if Villa could draw against the scousers to round off a great day, with Vlaar giving Lovren and Lallana a good hiding for a Brucie bonus...