Nathaniel Clyne Speculation

Batman

What available evidence? I don't see any evidence that is credible at all. Has he indicated that he wishes to leave? There might be rumours and speculation, but as usual, you are entirely happy to accept that they constitute evidence.

Did Adam? Did Rickie? Did Shaw? Did Lovren? The available evidence is that he hasn't signed a new contract which imo speaks volumes and means that we will most likely be saying goodbye to him in the summer (hopefully to be replaced by decent quality like this summer.) you spent the entire summer assuring us there was no evidence that all these players were going to leave and they did didn't they. What will be different about Clyne?

Did Adam? Did Rickie? Did Shaw? Did Lovren? The available evidence is that he hasn't signed a new contract which imo speaks volumes and means that we will most likely be saying goodbye to him in the summer (hopefully to be replaced by decent quality like this summer.) you spent the entire summer assuring us there was no evidence that all these players were going to leave and they did didn't they. What will be different about Clyne?

And now M'Lud, I call Hypochondriac to give his incontrovertible evidence that Nathaniel Clyne, a professional footballer at Southampton Football Club is leaving for Manchester United Football Club.

The Beak:

You have firm evidence I understand, Mr Hypochondriac? Pray, do tell the Court what form this evidence takes.

Hypochondriac:

My evidence is based on the fact that other former colleagues of Mr Clyne have also left for the so-called bigger Clubs, players such as Lallana, Lambert, Shaw, Lovren and Chambers. Therefore it follows evidentially that Clyne will also leave.

The Beak:

That is not admissable as evidence, Mr Hypochonriac and it throws into question your intelligence if you perceive it to be. It is merely speculation based on rumours borne out of precedent. Neither is the fact that he has not yet signed a renewed contract 18 months before the expiration of his current contract indicative of any particular conclusion to his career at Southampton Football Club.

Case dismissed.

Its just newspapers trying to destabalize us because most of the London Journos are West Ham fans and see us as competition.

Clyne is from Stockwell where honour is valued highly. He will sign a new contract, either with Saints or another team.

Frankly, if Clyne (or any player) wants to leave us (or any club) to go to a "bigger" club, I do not understand why he would let us sell him for 15 or 20 million pounds in 2015 when he could leave it 2016 and demand a good chunk of that money for himself (or his agent).

And now M'Lud, I call Hypochondriac to give his incontrovertible evidence that Nathaniel Clyne, a professional footballer at Southampton Football Club is leaving for Manchester United Football Club.

The Beak:

You have firm evidence I understand, Mr Hypochondriac? Pray, do tell the Court what form this evidence takes.

Hypochondriac:

My evidence is based on the fact that other former colleagues of Mr Clyne have also left for the so-called bigger Clubs, players such as Lallana, Lambert, Shaw, Lovren and Chambers. Therefore it follows evidentially that Clyne will also leave.

The Beak:

That is not admissable as evidence, Mr Hypochonriac and it throws into question your intelligence if you perceive it to be. It is merely speculation based on rumours borne out of precedent. Neither is the fact that he has not yet signed a renewed contract 18 months before the expiration of his current contract indicative of any particular conclusion to his career at Southampton Football Club.

Case dismissed.

LOL :)

The Beak:

Hypochondriac:

The Beak:

Case dismissed.

You came out with clueless sh it like this about Shaw, Lovren, Lallana all summer.

If a Champions League club really want him, he'll go. And we March on anyway.

Be a man and learn how football actually works.

• 1 month later...
"Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers has received a boost in his long-term chase of Southampton and England defender Nathaniel Clyne." According to the Liverpool Echo (Sky Sports paper talk.) Thoughts??

If you read the article in question they have leaped to that conclusion because Koeman is reportedly...

reigniting his interest in Leeds defender Sam Byram

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-fc-transfer-gossip-rodgers-8478157

Yeah like we would sell Clyne for £20m when we sold Luke to them for£28m..pmsl

Clyne only has a year left on his contract. Shaw had four years. That makes a big difference. Still I would try to get more since there ought to be more than one team interested.

Clyne will stay a Saint if we are in the Champions League. We can achieve that if we can reinforce over the next week with a couple of good signings.

...and if not I'm sure we can find a replacement for him with £20m. I'm sanguine about individual players, but I am concerned that we might be about to throw away our chance to hit the big time. IF the players are out there, we need to spend a little more to get through the next month.

Clyne will stay a Saint if we are in the Champions League. We can achieve that if we can reinforce over the next week with a couple of good signings.

Don't be so sure. Clyne is unlikely to turn down a four year contract at, say, Man United just because we've finished fourth once.

The Daily Star piece fails to mention that Koeman has stated publicly that no Saints player will be leaving in this window. Whilst the club could backtrack on that if they thought that an offer was good enough as to be in their longer term interests, Koeman's statement should have formed part of that story if it was a genuine news item. But, of course, it wasn't. It was just a routine column-filler. The press constantly fill their pages with transfer speculation that never happens just to sell papers to the body of football fans they think are interested in the 'big' clubs.

If an offer of £20 -25m came in, in the summer and he still hasn't signed the contract - sell him.

when we sold shaw everyone said that full backs are one of the easier positions to back fill, there is no reason why it would be any different with Clyne.

I see him as similar to Shaw in that defensively he's very good (particularly one on one) but his attacking game isn't as good as it could be. Only 7 assists in 79 premier league games, and considering how advanced our full backs have played over the last couple of years, would back that up. He doesn't take people on as much as he should and his crossing isn't great.

Still a very, very good player but i think we can replace him if the money is right (20-25 million). If he won't sign a new deal then we have to sell him anyway

What actually do Man Utd do to benefit the world of football? They seem to have stopped producing their own players and instead just wave the cheque book. Sure they are the biggest club in the country, but they really don't advance football in general in this country. Guess that is a little naive and it's a dog eat dog world out there, but it's sad to have lived through football dying as a sport and morphing into a business first and foremost, where not even the supporters are particularly relevant other than to be fleeced of as much money as possible. I liked the way we priced the FA Cup this season. 2 years ago when we got done over by Chelsea I seem to recall tickets were £45 to watch a 2nd XI side. Maybe I should be more pragmatic about all of football rather than just parts of it.

I don't actually worry about losing any of our players anymore and I don't think we should in the future.

If you look at Ajax, Porto and recently Feyanoord they lose a lot of their team every summer to various leagues and use that wealth to continuously improve.

If we get 15mil for Clyne I'd take it.

I don't actually worry about losing any of our players anymore and I don't think we should in the future.

If you look at Ajax, Porto and recently Feyanoord they lose a lot of their team every summer to various leagues and use that wealth to continuously improve.

Bit different when they're the biggest teams in their countries, playing in the champions league themselves.

Not 15m no.

25m minimum if there is no way to keep him.

Yes, we have to be pragmatic about things. We, like the clubs you mention, are feeders for the richer clubs. But what I find sad and depressing is the situation that there is now between the haves and have nots. Sure, while it always existed, the gap is getting bigger and bigger. And yes, I realise that in the scheme of things, we are currently pretty high up the ladder but it seems nigh on impossible to get any higher. Look at Spurs for example. Their turnover is something like 3 times ours and yet they cannot compete with the big boys. One might even say Liverpool can't either. So, a big well done to the authorities who have created a situation where the same few clubs populate the Champions League (for that is what it is all about), getting richer and richer, cementing their place in the pecking order and leaving everyone else behind. What they don't realise is that people are getting bored of CL with the same teams playing each other year in year out, with the rare blip.

Bit different when they're the biggest teams in their countries, playing in the champions league themselves.

We have more money than all of those teams according to Deloitte as we all know cash is king for footballers, CL is the excuse they make when leaving clubs for teams in or chasing CL qualification.

No smoke without a fire springs to mind sadly : / if Clyne has his mind set on staying and signing a new contract - one tweet or some small words on OS saying I'm staying put would kill these rumours - but the silence do sadly proof there is some truth in these rumours : (

What actually do Man Utd do to benefit the world of football? They seem to have stopped producing their own players and instead just wave the cheque book. Sure they are the biggest club in the country, but they really don't advance football in general in this country. Guess that is a little naive and it's a dog eat dog world out there, but it's sad to have lived through football dying as a sport and morphing into a business first and foremost, where not even the supporters are particularly relevant other than to be fleeced of as much money as possible. I liked the way we priced the FA Cup this season. 2 years ago when we got done over by Chelsea I seem to recall tickets were £45 to watch a 2nd XI side. Maybe I should be more pragmatic about all of football rather than just parts of it.

That soccerball sadly. The clubs with the most money finish at the top. Financial FairPlay had ensured that this won't change.

Edited by Turkish

Look at Spurs for example. Their turnover is something like 3 times ours and yet they cannot compete with the big boys. One might even say Liverpool can't either.

They've had their chances, they've both sold players for massive money but have spectacularly failed in their recruitment

They've had their chances, they've both sold players for massive money but have spectacularly failed in their recruitment

But you could say that about Man Utd as well. They have just shelled out £150m this last window (or £200m in the last year), haven't really done anything so are now talking about spending another £150-200m. Spuds and Pool have both spent, say, £100m and can't just repeat the same without selling some first.

This could mean that he will stay if we qualify for Europe (or the Champions League) which, frankly, is what most of us would expect.

Possibly but the money he could get elsewhere is far beyond what we could offer regardless.

April will eventually be the end of the season and its a little like the Pochettino situation. The Club won't publically say he won't sign a contract but they will all know the realities.

If get in the Champs league or Europa we have a chance of keeping him. If he stil decided to go i would lum what ever we get plus a little and go for Coleman of Everton. Can defend and attack and MHO think he is better than Clyne overall. If Clyne decided to stay i would be equally happy.

But if Man Utd want him then make them pay. There is an argument that he is miles better than Shaw and can play left back too, has more experience and is most probably a shoe-in to be Englands right back for the foreseeable future. I would expect at least 25million.