Jay Rodriguez - Any news?

SaintLondon

I didn't take it as 100% true, what I did is I asked for what reason would they be lying? No-one has given an answer to that yet. A smoke screen for what reason? If his career was over what reason would there be for not making it public and lying about it instead?

As has been reported in the press, several clubs are interested in JR, as his aget he'll be doing all he can to make sure his client gets the best deal he can. Moves to the clubs reported don't come along too often. If he tweets that JR is struggling (which we know he is) that could jepardise any move.

All we really know is that he is likely to play football again, nobody on here knows when.

Still doesn"t seem to be training though, well not with the first team anyway. So we have 2 lines of information that seem correct enough, Sussexsaint said he wasn't walking well at the Nuffield and he's not training with the first team, tends to indicate that all is not yet well and that "fighting fit" is not correct in reference to playing football..

As has been reported in the press, several clubs are interested in JR, as his aget he'll be doing all he can to make sure his client gets the best deal he can. Moves to the clubs reported don't come along too often. If he tweets that JR is struggling (which we know he is) that could jepardise any move.

All we really know is that he is likely to play football again, nobody on here knows when.

No club will sign him without absolute confidence in his fitness.

SFC will know exactly what his condition is.

So who is this agent getting "the best deal he possibly can" from? And what role does a "smokescreen" tweet play in that?

Yep, that will work, you called it again Ninja. Agent will not tell anyone he is struggling, just pretend that he will be ok and playing very soon, and that will definitely get him through a medical and secure a deal elsewhere. Brilliant

Yep, that will work, you called it again Ninja. Agent will not tell anyone he is struggling, just pretend that he will be ok and playing very soon, and that will definitely get him through a medical and secure a deal elsewhere. Brilliant

Still he needs to tell the physio to stop telling all and sundry that he keeps having setbacks if he wants to get a move to a club that "doesn't come alng too often" on hearsay and tweeting alone..

Edited by Window Cleaner

I didn't take it as 100% true, what I did is I asked for what reason would they be lying? No-one has given an answer to that yet. A smoke screen for what reason? If his career was over what reason would there be for not making it public and lying about it instead?

Trying to get another contract somewhere and taking his chances on the medical without the perception that he's done. I'm pretty sure he could get a deal at QPR if his leg fell off, as long as he pretended to be about 5 years older.

Not that I'm suggesting this is the situation.

Does anyone seriously believe he'd still have been here if it wasn't for his injury? He'd have been out the door as quick as the skipper if you ask me. I'm not saying that i don't feel sorry for the guy, I wouldn't wish a career threatening injury on anyone . But I can't help feeling that once and if we nurse him back to full fitness he'll be offski. If that's the case where will he sit in the hero/villain swingometer .

Does anyone seriously believe he'd still have been here if it wasn't for his injury? He'd have been out the door as quick as the skipper if you ask me. I'm not saying that i don't feel sorry for the guy, I wouldn't wish a career threatening injury on anyone . But I can't help feeling that once and if we nurse him back to full fitness he'll be offski. If that's the case where will he sit in the hero/villain swingometer .

He'd be at liverpool instead of Mario+Lambert.

To answer you, me. Might be a Morgan situation but I think he would be here. I have a feeling , based on nothing at all, that despite all of the doom theorists he will be here next season, unless his injury causes a retirement.

I agree. Plus you have to wonder who keeps pushing the exit stories virtually every week....

Daily Star in headline failure....

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/421866/Jay-Rodriguez-transfer-latest

Headline....

Ronald Koeman puts Liverpool, Spurs and Man City on alert with Jay Rodriguez transfer talk

Article.....

Reports emerged last week that Liverpool, Spurs and City were going make a late check on his condition and could table a bid this month depending on its outcome.

Koeman, however, talking after his side's defeat to Crystal Palace in the FA Cup insisted he was staying put.

He said: "He’s a Southampton player, he has a contract and he’s not for sale."

The real issue here is what's he going to be like when he does return?

Some fans and some clubs expect him to pick up the pieces where he left off last March. Returning from a long term injury is more than putting on your boots and getting your name on the team sheet.

Remember, his great burst of success came more than a year after he joined the club and took time to build up. The cruelest thing about the whole episode was that the injury came just when he was in his best ever form, getting back to that level won't be a fortnight's job. IF he comes back this season, and perhaps plays in the last 10 games (?)....I doubt if he'd get more than a couple of goals...

I'd love to be proven wrong, but a very long lay-off isn't just a physical thing, but can affect the mental attitude to the game also. Meantime, we have only Pelle up front.........:scared:

The real issue here is what's he going to be like when he does return?

Some fans and some clubs expect him to pick up the pieces where he left off last March. Returning from a long term injury is more than putting on your boots and getting your name on the team sheet.

Remember, his great burst of success came more than a year after he joined the club and took time to build up. The cruelest thing about the whole episode was that the injury came just when he was in his best ever form, getting back to that level won't be a fortnight's job. IF he comes back this season, and perhaps plays in the last 10 games (?)....I doubt if he'd get more than a couple of goals...

I'd love to be proven wrong, but a very long lay-off isn't just a physical thing, but can affect the mental attitude to the game also. Meantime, we have only Pelle up front.........:scared:

He has to win a place back. It's not going to be "yippee, Jay's fit again, Off you go mate!" There is more competition for his place now than there was when he picked up his injury. It's not like we've fallen apart is it?

Considering he's been out for about 10 months and doesn't even look close to getting back, we might never ever see the same Jay Rod as we did. Completely different people, but if a striker like Radamel Falcao can go from untouchable to struggling from the same injury is frightening. If someone offers us £20m I'd take it and run!

If he said nothing you'd be on here as quick as a flash saying "his dad's gone quiet when asked a direct question, so things aren't going well".

He has to win a place back.

It's not going to be "yippee, Jay's fit again, Off you go mate!" There is more competition for his place now than there was when he picked up his injury. It's not like we've fallen apart is it?

My point was precisely that I don't expect JayRod to be in any sort of form upon return - whenever that finally is.

I don't know where that competition is coming from?. We 've been pretty light up front since the start of the season, except for those matches when Pellé did score .

Koeman was relying on a fit Jay Rod to be available in December. Now it's February and he's not even back in training. An 11 month old injury that hasn't healed properly yet - is not a positive outlook.

According to BBC stats. since the Everton game, we've had a total of 107 shots (not all on target of course) but in those 10 games have managed just 16 goals.

It's great to have such a (relatively) good defence, but it's goals that win games. Pellé has no competition - because we have no-one for him to compete against.

Apologies if there has already been a recent update... but does anyone have any info as to when he will be back in full training? RK said back in the middle of December that it would be Feb. Do you think that could have been a ploy to prevent other teams bidding during the January transfer window...?

This "ploy" you stumbled across seems to have worked a treat! This is despite all those clubs who were definitely lining up deals to sign JR this window, widely reported on here as true, despite the player not kicking a ball for 10 months. Hats off to Ron and to the OP, job well done

This a shock because I'm sure I heard that more than one tabloid newspaper had been printing stories about that JRod being sold this January. How could the gutter press be so wrong? Still, I expect the reporters who manufactured the articles will have been sacked.......

This a shock because I'm sure I heard that more than one tabloid newspaper had been printing stories about that JRod being sold this January. How could the gutter press be so wrong? Still, I expect the reporters who manufactured the articles will have been sacked.......

I was amazed that those stories got as much play as they did. I never once thought they were Plausible.