Osvaldo, Ramirez

9-3

http://www.london24.com/sport/football/clubs/crystal-palace/crystal_palace_open_talks_with_troubled_italian_about_instant_premier_league_return_1_4136017

Could we get the chance to say our own goodbye against Palace on the last game of next season? If he lasts there that long?

Seems an unlikely partnership, Dani and Pards, after Dani's antics at St James Park in 2013.

I suppose it entirely depends on how many options he has - But I'd imagine staying in this country isn't his 1st choice.

Could see him fancying a move to Turkey. I'm sure that despite his many problems & being a free agent, he won't have any problems finding suitors.

http://www.london24.com/sport/football/clubs/crystal-palace/crystal_palace_open_talks_with_troubled_italian_about_instant_premier_league_return_1_4136017

Could we get the chance to say our own goodbye against Palace on the last game of next season? If he lasts there that long?

I hope we have a some good CB cover if he makes the move to Palace. Would completely condone a Fonte red card in such circumstances.

They seem to be a little divided. Some say absolutely not, some say worth a risk (and that Pards might be able to tame him). Surely at some stage, he will have to realise that he has no more bridges to burn so will knuckle down - or maybe he just doesn't give a flying...

A terrible piece- the last thing Osvaldo is is a physical player who'd do well against the bigger sides. It's precisely why he struggled, something he admitted.

And a lot of his high wages would of been paid by Juventus, Inter and Boca so although still a lot we would of paid transfer fee, 5 months wages and termination of his contract I think it would be shy of 25m. My guess is 1.2m wages, 12.8m transfer fee and perhaps a 4-5m pay off!! (disgusting that he gets that after all he has done)

Cost of Osvaldo around 18-20m!!!

I think that there was no loan fee to Juve, but they paid his entire wage for the duration and had the option to buy. I believe there was no fee for Inter either, although that might have changed when we returned Taider. No idea about the Boca deal, but they were stretched financially with his wages in the first place but believe we refused to pay and he took a wage cut as well.

So we have the initial fee. Lowest I have seen is £11.2m - highest something like £15.6m - so take your pick. 6 Months wages. Pay off for his last 2 years. I would imagine that the pay off was less than he wanted and more than we wanted, but possibly he could have been sacked for his attack on Fonte. However with so much time passing not sure how that would stand, but it was clear he couldn't come back. So hopefully all parties were pragmatic about it. So it could be £11.2m (being optimistic) + £1.25m for 6 months + £2.5m for a years pay off for the 2 year contract. Of course this is just wild conjecture but could be closer to £15m than £25m. Still, hugely expensive mistake. The ****ing ****.

They seem to be a little divided. Some say absolutely not, some say worth a risk (and that Pards might be able to tame him). Surely at some stage, he will have to realise that he has no more bridges to burn so will knuckle down - or maybe he just doesn't give a flying...

Not sure he will see that he needs to knuckle-down really. What is his motivation? He has been a prize tit for several years without any great footballing success and has made millions. He had a chance to knuckle-down and play at a huge club and win trophies when he was on loan at Juventus but didn't do enough to stay there.

If Palace are stupid enough to offer him a decent contract now he's 29 then why does he need to knuckle down? He certainly isn't going to win anything there (ok, maybe a cup if they get lucky, but he will hardly have the carrot of footballing greatness dangled in front of him). Just carrying on being a complete helmet for the next few years, mince around London and pocket the money. Happy days.

Is Gaston still in shop window? would still like to believe he could do a job for us!

I'd like to think that as well, but as two successive managers have appeared not to rate him I think we can safely say that ship has sailed. Pity really, he showed flashes of real talent, maybe he just isn't cut out for the prem.

Good. I was looking forward to seeing what Koeman could do with Gaston over the course of last season and I still think he could've been a better option than either Elia or Djuricic who we brought in loan ourselves. Hopefully we will benefit from a fully rested player and Ronald can find a way of consistently getting the best out of him. Could provide good competition for Dusan and lessen the burden to create on him too.

Hard to believe this malingerer is to get another chance.

Get shot to whoever will stumf up a couple of million.

That's the problem - you might get a couple of million for him, which might be viewed as not being worth getting rid of, if he can turn things around even at risk of him not renewing his contract if he does come good. I was one of those that said he needed time, but 2 years with us and 1 with Hull meaning 3 years into a 4 year deal, would suggest that he might not come good. I guess we'll see.

That's the problem - you might get a couple of million for him, which might be viewed as not being worth getting rid of, if he can turn things around even at risk of him not renewing his contract if he does come good. I was one of those that said he needed time, but 2 years with us and 1 with Hull meaning 3 years into a 4 year deal, would suggest that he might not come good. I guess we'll see.

I really want Ramirez to thrive, I really do.

He definitely has talent but makes doesn't try hard to show it.

No more than average against RB Leipzig tonight and on £40/£50k a week?

Maybe its the money that is the problem. Saints wil pay him around £12.5m in the life of his contract. Thats a lot of money in Uruguay, enough to set yourself and extended family up for life. Some footballers dont actually like the game that much - for all we know his dreams might not be World Cup glory or moving to Man U but to retire to a beachside house in Montevideo at 26.

Seeing as he has been thrown ANOTHER chance I was shocked at how little he did.

10mins bright, involved in everything, then nothing.

You have previous though don't you....with the Scots for example?

Nope. I genuinely think they are a bunch of obsessed bitter tw*ts. They have their heads so far up their own rectal cavities that they handed the nation a Tory majority. What total bellends.

Making no effort whatsoever to hide my thoughts on them.

Adam Blackmore ‏@bigadamsport

#saintsfc Gaston Ramirez has been given a chance to revive his #saintsfc career by Ronald Koeman - Les Reed says up to him to prove himself

^ This was in the Les Reed thread, but may as well go here too.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm guessing he's squandered another chance in the managements eyes.

I wasn't about; how was he in Salzburg ?

He existed in Salzburg. Stood out about as much as anyone, i.e. not at all - which on the day made him our joint 2nd best player with the rest of the team behind Fonte but ahead of Long and Rodriguez who missed good chances, and miles ahead of Martina.

Any idea why no Ramirez today?

He was shopping in Gunwharf, apparently - so he's either injured, being rested (which makes little sense when he went to Austria), or we've already lined up a move, whether loan or permanent, so we don't mind what he does.

He was shopping in Gunwharf, apparently - so he's either injured, being rested (which makes little sense when he went to Austria), or we've already lined up a move, whether loan or permanent, so we don't mind what he does.

Where the hell is Gunwharf???........any how I think he is gone ...........how much to pay off his contract any one know???