CONFIRMED - Virgil Van Dijk joins on Five Year Deal

Brizzie Saints

Good to see we did go for the 5 year contract.

Really hope people give him some time to settle. Like Wanyama, he will make mistakes but will eventually come good. He's 24 (I think) and coming from a much weaker league. He's not likely to hit the ground running.

Also won a few quid on this one when it was at 2/1. Lovely.

Ah bit if he turns out to be total cr@p the usual suspects will be having a go at Les for tying him down for so long!

"http://www.on-up.co.uk/news/tragedy-alp-britons-missing/

Tragedy in the Alps – Five Britons Missing after Avalanche

Snow slide ‘may have been caused by lone mountaineer’ ahead of group"

When will we see you.... again.... When will we share... precious moments.

Hey guys. Celtic fan here.

I just saw Sky Sports absolutely embarrassing stats comparison of Van Dijk and Yoshida and I will assure you. Van Dijk is a cracking player and those sultans don't do him justice whatsoever. They also talked about him being slow. He is in no way slow, quite the contrary.

Anyway I just wanted to wish you guys and Virgil luck in the coming season, I'll be rooting for Southampton to do well. Best of luck!

Hail Hail

I just saw Sky Sports absolutely embarrassing stats comparison of Van Dijk and Yoshida and I will assure you. Van Dijk is a cracking player and those sultans don't do him justice whatsoever. They also talked about him being slow. He is in no way slow, quite the contrary.

Anyway I just wanted to wish you guys and Virgil luck in the coming season, I'll be rooting for Southampton to do well. Best of luck!

Hail Hail

Thanks for the positive post. As much as Yoshi is a nice fella, we really don't need another so it is good to know that Virgil is an upgrade! Now, who do you think you will sell us next season? ;)

Gutted to the big man leave us, you have got yourselves a cracking player who will only get better and better. I saw the comparison with Yoshida, it's laughable. He's far better than Yoshida.

Anyway, good luck to you guys and big Virgil. Most likely see you next year when you're after another one of our players.:lol:

Funnily enough that is who I was thinking of too!

He's a good player.

But aye, anyone concerned about him stepping up to the premier league, as someone who has watched 99% of the matches Virgil has played over the last 2 years, I have absolutely no doubt he will not only cope, but excel in the Premier league.

Gordon Strachan said just a couple of weeks ago that Virgil is better than most of the defenders he sees down there.

He's a good player.

But aye, anyone concerned about him stepping up to the premier league, as someone who has watched 99% of the matches Virgil has played over the last 2 years, I have absolutely no doubt he will not only cope, but excel in the Premier league.

Gordon Strachan said just a couple of weeks ago that Virgil is better than most of the defenders he sees down there.

Thanks mate.

Gutted to the big man leave us, you have got yourselves a cracking player who will only get better and better. I saw the comparison with Yoshida, it's laughable. He's far better than Yoshida.

Anyway, good luck to you guys and big Virgil. Most likely see you next year when you're after another one of our players.:lol:

I am better than Yoshida and I haven't kicked a ball since 1984! ;) Anyway, all the best in the Europa League and keep finding those players for us!

He's a good player.

Hopefully he is not too good - if so he could be off to Liverpool in a couple of years!

I already like the look of Nir Bitton as i was bigging him up a while ago. Will keep watching you boys as he looks like a good wanyama replacement ;)

This video gets me tingling every time, the run he does against the team in blue(near the end) is fifa like hahahaha

He also looks rapid so not too sure what was going on with his pace on FM.

[video=youtube;oY-RXVRpnUY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oY-RXVRpnUY

The new Frank Rijkaard... Yes please!

Agree he looks a tidy player.

If RK can get the team to gel and saints can have a really good run of non injuries I still think there is a solid season to be had!

Hail Hail

Those were the Football Manager stats.

Sky's transfer window coverage this year is being sponsored by Football Manager, so they're using the ratings from there.

There are FM researchers for each club, they have a limited 'points budget' for their players that's based on the reputation of the club and the reputation of the league the club is in, to try and maintain balance between different researchers.

In this case, you have an example of VVD's attributes being limited by the league he's in.

Hail Hail

Those were the Football Manager stats.

Sky's transfer window coverage this year is being sponsored by Football Manager, so they're using the ratings from there.

There are FM researchers for each club, they have a limited 'points budget' for their players that's based on the reputation of the club and the reputation of the league the club is in, to try and maintain balance between different researchers.

In this case, you have an example of VVD's attributes being limited by the league he's in.

If van Dijk proves himself in the Premier League he'll be getting a boost for the winter update, but until now he hasn't been tested at a high level in domestic football.

If van Dijk proves himself in the Premier League he'll be getting a boost for the winter update, but until now he hasn't been tested at a high level in domestic football.

So the sky comparisons using that data are completely meaningless and a pointless gimmick?