CONFIRMED - Virgil Van Dijk joins on Five Year Deal

Brizzie Saints

To p1ss you off even more nothing better than watching you making a d1ck of yourself daily

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To be fair Alpine's right, this has been going on for ages so why take it down to the wire, if we have been quibbling over a couple of mill why haven't we just paid it, half a season without a decent cb will cost us a lot more.

To be fair Alpine's right, this has been going on for ages so why take it down to the wire, if we have been quibbling over a couple of mill why haven't we just paid it, half a season without a decent cb will cost us a lot more.

I think it's obvious to anyone with half a brain cell that Celtic were waiting for their champions league fate to be known before allowing him to leave.

Because Celtic didn't want to sell him until now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Or maybe Celtic want to secure their replacement officially before its all announced?

If Saints know its going to happen then it doesn't really matter when.

well you have given 2 million reasons why theynare negotiating down to the wire in your post. easy to soend someone elses cash. id rather they signed at 5.59pm tomorrow if we got a better deal.

I think it's obvious to anyone with half a brain cell that Celtic were waiting for their champions league fate to be known before allowing him to leave.

Ah, you see that was your second mistake. Assuming any regular poster on here has a brain cell.

The first one was registering expecting to get news from anyone other than kbilly or Guan

Does it really matter if we sign him today or tomorrow though? We're getting him at some point over the next 24 hours, although I'd imagine he's been prepared to come here for a lot longer.

Yes it does I'm working all day and won't be able to look at phone.

I would love him here, but I will not be disappointed if we do not sign him as I think Caulker will develop into a great CB for us and hope Koeman plays him more over the next few weeks even if VVD signs.

Yoshida has done well last 2 games but I still think he should be pushed to 4th choice and even 5th when Gardos is fit.

If you had a brain cell you would be able to post your opposing views without attacking mine.

Celtic have been out of the CL a week tomorrow, they have been playing hardball over the fee. We have been interested in VVD for a year.

I think it'll take him a few games to get used to the physicality of the BPL but once he settles in he'll be solid.

At first glance, I read that as -- once he settles in he'll be sold.

For a longtime Southampton supporter - that sounds about right. :lol:

I would love him here, but I will not be disappointed if we do not sign him as I think Caulker will develop into a great CB for us and hope Koeman plays him more over the next few weeks even if VVD signs.

Yoshida has done well last 2 games but I still think he should be pushed to 4th choice and even 5th when Gardos is fit.

RK obviously likes Yoshida. He is playing okay, but then comes one of his JesusChrist moments.

As for Caulker, he makes me very nervous. Think he makes those around him nervous as well. Not impressed.

Gardos doesn't seem to be RK's prefered choice of CB.

As there's talk of another loan in, wonder if it's possible Caulker's loan will be cancelled assuming VVD gets over the line?

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Not a chance as we are planning on having 3 CB's in some games.

That leaves us with no cover at all.

Last season we had 4 CB's in Alderwald, Yoshi, Fonte and the Gardos.

I'm sure VVD will sign for us today. But just listened to BBC Scotland news and sports . They mentioned lots of comings and goings at Celtic . But not one mention of VVD . They even mocked the de gea saga. Initially I thought they were on about VVD with the reference to the long running saga re player , before mentioning de gea name