CONFIRMED - Virgil Van Dijk joins on Five Year Deal

Brizzie Saints

Line in the sand does indeed indicate friction between Ron and Les etc. Suspect if we buckle Koeman will be off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bit of a leap.

"So Ron, this situation with Mane and Victor, what do you think?"

"I don't want them sold, under any circumstances"

"Ok, that's that then"

Reed has always said in the past that no players are sold without the manager signing off on it.

I was told it was a done deal on Saturday evening.

In reply to Batman, also heard no more transfers in, but working on a loan from a "big " club.

Also told Mane & Vic are Koeman's line in the sand & he has told those above not sell and he is happy to manage the situation with both.

Moses? Had a decent amount of business with Chelsea in recent times.

I should think reed has had his wings clipped following the Toby fiasco tbh, and not to soon either, that said, we should clearly sell victor and would be very disappointed if we don't! He was never that committed tonsaints and is not a key player when compared to our other sales. Selling him for 18m with a loan deal for lamela or Townsend would be good business. However we don't seem to have another option lined up and clearly don't see reed as ready so I guess wanyama is staying.

Good news on vvd signing, hopefully he settles quick as we have already dropped a lot of points we didn't or wouldn't have last year. Glad mane is happy and staying. Think he is true quality and hope the fanbase come up with some epic chants for him.

I should think reed has had his wings clipped following the Toby fiasco tbh, and not to soon either, that said, we should clearly sell victor and would be very disappointed if we don't! He was never that committed tonsaints and is not a key player when compared to our other sales. Selling him for 18m with a loan deal for lamela or Townsend would be good business. However we don't seem to have another option lined up and clearly don't see reed as ready so I guess wanyama is staying.

Good news on vvd signing, hopefully he settles quick as we have already dropped a lot of points we didn't or wouldn't have last year. Glad mane is happy and staying. Think he is true quality and hope the fanbase come up with some epic chants for him.

Agree in a sense that Wanyama isn't irreplaceable in comparison to Morgan. However, if he goes we need another defensive rock to play along side Romeu if he is to go. I wouldn't know where to start though especially with very little time left in the window.

In reply to Batman, also heard no more transfers in, but working on a loan from a "big " club.

Also told Mane & Vic are Koeman's line in the sand & he has told those above not sell and he is happy to manage the situation with both.

Loan from a big club. Be nice if it was the Swedish wonder kid from Real (or was it Barca, can't remember).

Neymar, obviously.

Sky reiterating Celtic don't have to sell unless they get a good enough offer and no fee currently agreed. They say it could go into tomorrow.

I really wouldn't worry about what Sky Sports "sources" say. Besides, they can't even spell his name on their own website "Van Dyk"... wtf

Line in the sand does indeed indicate friction between Ron and Les etc. Suspect if we buckle Koeman will be off

Yep - RK has drawn the proverbial 'line in the sand' on that matter and VW leaving in this window would now be a very public humiliation for him.

For that reason, if for no other, I expect to see VW stay here until January at the very least - whether he likes it or not.

BY all means sell him but at our price - not Spurs price. I don't see why they should reap any eward for deliberately upsetting a player

illarramendi?

No, as Fareham Red mentioned Swedish I presumed he was talking about Martin Ødegaard. He was put in the Madrid B team and then made some silly demands about the fact he should be in the first team!

Illarramendi is Basque and has already re - signed for Real Sociedad

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Thanks.

Aren't we up to our limit of two domestic loans which would mean any more must be from abroad?

I have no idea what the loan rules are LOL Was just told no one else being "bought" after VVD but they are working on getting someone else in (work that one out if its not a loan!!).

Thought it may be Januzaj but if we're up to the limit I've no idea

We are (can't get any more domestic season loans) and he is going to Dortmund anyway.

I think we will just get a CB, afterall thats what Koeman has said we needed for ages and we haven't really ben linked with players in any other position.

To be fair to Odegaard I remember reading a while back he signed for Real above everyone else because they put it in his contract he would be training with the first team and not with a junior team. They then subsequently changed their mind when he started playing for their B team and wanted him to train with the B team instead to obviously integrate better.

From his perspective I'd of done the same thing, train and learn from the best which was the primary driver for signing or train and play with B team a level he has probably outgrown.

I have no idea what the loan rules are LOL Was just told no one else being "bought" after VVD but they are working on getting someone else in (work that one out if its not a loan!!).

If not being bought, then an out of contract perhaps, such as Vlaar.

@alex_crook: Sources in Scotland confirm Virgil van Dijk has flown in to complete his protracted #saintsfc move. This 1 has been a year in the making.

He probably has the same source as everyone else with a Twitter account.

No, as Fareham Red mentioned Swedish I presumed he was talking about Martin Ødegaard. He was put in the Madrid B team and then made some silly demands about the fact he should be in the first team!

Illarramendi is Basque and has already re - signed for Real Sociedad

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Ødegaard is Norwegian......

Hello guys, Celtic fan here with a keen interest in Southampton. I like how your club is run and you guys are my English team so to speak. Good to see Vic doing well and hopefully you guys keep a hold of him & I hope big Fraser is back from his bad injury sooner rather than later.

As already mentioned we have agreed a fee with Dinamo Zagreb for Croatia u21 international Jozo Simunovic of around £4.5m. We don't usually spend that sort of money on any player so I think it's safe to assume Celtic are confident of selling Van Dijk to you guys and this guy is his replacement. There's no way we would be spending that much on a player if we weren't selling him especially since we've already brought 4 or 5 new players in.

As for VVD, he's one of the best of not the best centre backs I've ever seen at Celtic. The guy is a class act and is far, far too good for the Scottish league, he has to move for his own good. He's tall, fast, great at tackling and very strong. He's also very good with the ball at his feet and can pick a pass out of nowhere. He does tend to leave the defensive line and go for a run up the pitch with the ball. Sometimes it results in a goal or sometimes he gives the ball away trying to take on too many players. I'm sure he won't try anything silly like that in the BPL though, he is an intelligent player. I think it'll take him a few games to get used to the physicality of the BPL but once he settles in he'll be solid. He will be a Southampton player before the deadline.

I'll be keeping a close eye on Southampton this season, good luck for the rest of the season.

Hello guys, Celtic fan here with a keen interest in Southampton. I like how your club is run and you guys are my English team so to speak. Good to see Vic doing well and hopefully you guys keep a hold of him & I hope big Fraser is back from his bad injury sooner rather than later.

As already mentioned we have agreed a fee with Dinamo Zagreb for Croatia u21 international Jozo Simunovic of around £4.5m. We don't usually spend that sort of money on any player so I think it's safe to assume Celtic are confident of selling Van Dijk to you guys and this guy is his replacement. There's no way we would be spending that much on a player if we weren't selling him especially since we've already brought 4 or 5 new players in.

As for VVD, he's one of the best of not the best centre backs I've ever seen at Celtic. The guy is a class act and is far, far too good for the Scottish league, he has to move for his own good. He's tall, fast, great at tackling and very strong. He's also very good with the ball at his feet and can pick a pass out of nowhere. He does tend to leave the defensive line and go for a run up the pitch with the ball. Sometimes it results in a goal or sometimes he gives the ball away trying to take on too many players. I'm sure he won't try anything silly like that in the BPL though, he is an intelligent player. I think it'll take him a few games to get used to the physicality of the BPL but once he settles in he'll be solid. He will be a Southampton player before the deadline.

I'll be keeping a close eye on Southampton this season, good luck for the rest of the season.

Thankyou my friend. Celtic are my Scottish team and I wish you well.

Hope the positive reviews of VVD are accurate. We sorely need that kind of player.

Thanks for the generous comments here, CG. Its interesting how you and plenty of Feyenoord fans take a reasoned and relaxed approach to players leaving to further their careers, wheras most on here go into a rage when ours depart, although much of that is to do with the manner of their leaving I suppose.

You mention VW, and a good example of someone not coming out of things well at the moment with a sulk, but there you go, thata a pampered prima donna player nowadays for you.

I like your views of VVD , and look forward to seeing him play for Saints.

(Who can we have next season ?;))