CONFIRMED - Virgil Van Dijk joins on Five Year Deal

Brizzie Saints

So Koeman seems lazy and uniterested does he? Well, If I was manager and the Board had sold my best players and the next best were waiting to go I would be in a state of shock and anger and I would be thinking 'what future is there here?' Because I was born a Saint and will be a Saint till I die I stick it out, however frustrated but there is no earthly reason for someone like him or Mane or Big Vic to think it is worth staying

I'm not convinced VvD is coming to Saints at all. If he was and we were really that keen, why has the deal not been concluded? Surely it would make more sense to get it signed, sealed and delivered before the madness of deadline day?

Am I the only one who thinks Les Reed is full of ****? "We're working very hard. I'm confident we'll get it sorted" Blah, Blah, Blah. I'm glad you're confident, Les, beacuse nobody else seems to be.

I seem to recall that it was RK that ended up getting a couple of last season's transfers over the line and people on here were singing his praises and asking why Les even had a job with Saints.

I'm not convinced VvD is coming to Saints at all. If he was and we were really that keen, why has the deal not been concluded? Surely it would make more sense to get it signed, sealed and delivered before the madness of deadline day?

Am I the only one who thinks Les Reed is full of ****? "We're working very hard. I'm confident we'll get it sorted" Blah, Blah, Blah. I'm glad you're confident, Les, beacuse nobody else seems to be.

I seem to recall that it was RK that ended up getting a couple of last season's transfers over the line and people on here were singing his praises and asking why Les even had a job with Saints.

Hopefully you'll slip back into your box in a week or so. You don't half speak some trash.

So Koeman seems lazy and uniterested does he? Well, If I was manager and the Board had sold my best players and the next best were waiting to go I would be in a state of shock and anger and I would be thinking 'what future is there here?' Because I was born a Saint and will be a Saint till I die I stick it out, however frustrated but there is no earthly reason for someone like him or Mane or Big Vic to think it is worth staying

F#ck outta here, he knew the situation when he arrived. If he doesn't like it then he's welcome to leave, he's flopped at nearly every club he's been at, whilst we've had nothing but success since the takeover. We're a top half Premiership club, he's not doing us a favour out of the kindness of his heart by being here, we're paying him well and it's a huge job for him.

Exactly!

We've sent out completely the wrong message to players and fans. Having been through all this **** when RL was in charge you'd have thought that people at the club wouldn't want to make the same mistakes. As it stands, history looks like it could well repeat itself. Strachan got his coat because Lowe refused to invest and take the club to the next level. He wanted to do it on the cheap with home grown players. This lot have just sold, sold, sold and replaced on the cheap. The more recent players who've come through the ranks and shown any sign of quality are sold almost immediately. I look at the current youngsters and don't see anyone in the same class as, Walcott, Bale, Ox, Shaw, Lallana, or even Chambers which is slightly worrying. What happened to the statement the club made about playing regular European football with a team of homegrown talent???

It's all a bit sad really.

LOL at the "still x days to the window closes, then you can wet the bed" brigade getting desperate as the time runs out.

VVD aint coming, and Uncle Les will cave into Big Vics stroppiness. Hopefully Mane will still be here :(

Got any "glad I was proved wrong in hindsight" cards left up your sleeve Alps? :)

LOL at the "still x days to the window closes, then you can wet the bed" brigade getting desperate as the time runs out.

VVD aint coming, and Uncle Les will cave into Big Vics stroppiness. Hopefully Mane will still be here :(

Do you have a U-turn post ready? Or will you just keep quiet for a few days before the next negative over reaction and hysterical post?

Probably not. As I've said before, this is a forum and everybody is entitled to their opinion.

Some express opinions which are their genuinely held beliefs and some purely to get a rise out of others as wind-up merchants. I'm inclined to pigeon-hole you in the latter category.

If he doesn't like it then he's welcome to leave, he's flopped at nearly every club he's been at, whilst we've had nothing but success since the takeover.

With Ajax: Dutch champions in 2002 and 2004, Dutch cup winner in 2002, Johan Cruijf Cup in 2002

With Benfica: Portuguese Supercup in 2005

With PSV: Dutch champions in 2007

With AZ: Johan Cruijf Cup in 2007

With Valencia: Spanish cup in 2008

Yeah, what a flop.

With Ajax: Dutch champions in 2002 and 2004, Dutch cup winner in 2002, Johan Cruijf Cup in 2002

Yeah, what a flop.

Yeah, but he got a bite out of it.... ;)

Yeah, what a flop.

True, he's done well in national competitions. But his european tenure is pretty bad. He's only won 20 out of 75 european matches, and of his last 20 he won only 2. That's right, the Vitesse games are his only two wins in his last 20 european games.

He got to a Champions League quarter with Ajax, Benfica and PSV in 2003, 2006 and 2007 respectively. But since then, european wise, he's been ****.

Anyway, that van Dijk lad, I really hope he gets his transfer and Celtic aren't going to block him. Will be interesting to see how he'll do in the prem.

Yeah, what a flop.

According to wiki

Ajax: Steady decline after he was appointed, then he resigned

Benfica: Meh

PSV: Did well

Valencia: Sacked

AZ: Sacked

Feeyenoord: Did well

Sounds like a fair few flops to me. Winning trophies at big clubs is poverty leagues, if that's his deal he might as well move to Celtic.

I work with a Celtic fan whose Uncle is well-connected up there and he was told by VvD (in person) after the game that it was his last game for Celtic today. He didn't say who he was joining though.

Would hope we have it tied up, clearly have been interested for ages so probably just haggling about the fee.

Koeman seemed definite about a signing so I'm wondering whether he's either putting pressure on Les to get something sorted or the target is someone else' date=' maybe Koulibaly. The third alternative is, and I really hope it's not this, Vlaar - who else would be competing to sign someone who won't play for a few months?[/quote']

Vlaar is a free agent, out of contract so can sign for any team any time.

Still a little ray of sunshine I see. You are going to look very silly next week.

If anyone thinks it's Van Dijk or nothing they are deluded. We will have a couple of other centre back targets and will be negotiating with their clubs on potential deals ahead of the deadline, if we don't get our first choice (whoever that is) we'll go to our second choice and so on.

Does anyone seriously think a Premier League club with a global scouting network only have one target in mind when strengthening a position of the squad?

If anyone thinks it's Van Dijk or nothing they are deluded. We will have a couple of other centre back targets and will be negotiating with their clubs on potential deals ahead of the deadline, if we don't get our first choice (whoever that is) we'll go to our second choice and so on.

Does anyone seriously think a Premier League club with a global scouting network only have one target in mind when strengthening a position of the squad? ��

With us you never know.

Does anyone seriously think a Premier League club with a global scouting network only have one target in mind when strengthening a position of the squad? ?

But is that really the issue? Of course we have alternatives, but with less than 72 hours until the window closes, signing one of the alternatives becomes less and less likely.

We will probably end up with Ron Vlaar, since he is not window dependent (free agent) and is of course injured.

If Saints wanted Virgil badly they would of wrapped it up on Friday, my fears are we are penny pinching with Celtic and it will go down to the last day of the transfer market.

The Virgil personal terms are probably already agreed.

Not the way I would like to do a deal as someone else could quite easily hijack it.

Does anyone seriously think a Premier League club with a global scouting network only have one target in mind when strengthening a position of the squad? ��

Far too sensible!