CONFIRMED - Virgil Van Dijk joins on Five Year Deal

Brizzie Saints

Because if that's how long it takes to get the right player, then there's not a lot they can do about it. It's not worth rushing and throwing away millions of pounds like we have done numerous times in the past.

Tbf as ****ed off as I still am with Koeman and Thursday nights result, I was happy with our dealings in the transfer window prior to the first game of the season so still am now. I think we've signed decent young players with a lot of potential which is exactly what we should be doing and have signed them all for very good prices, can anyone say any of our signings this summer were overpriced? I think our biggest problem this season has been Koemans team selections and tactics, which have been absolute f#cking sh#te, accompanied with the squad needing time to gel. I know they clicked instantly last summer, but its blindingly obvious seeing them play that they look like strangers atm and need time to settle. I'm concerned about Koeman at the moment though, he really does seem dissinterested and I was angry that he said Thursday night was a good performance and just blamed the ref, he just seems lazy and complacent so far this season

He might of blamed the ref to the media but who knows what he said to the players behind closed doors. I'd be shocked if he didn't have a few harsh words to say.

If Saints wanted Virgil badly they would of wrapped it up on Friday, my fears are we are penny pinching with Celtic and it will go down to the last day of the transfer market.

The Virgil personal terms are probably already agreed.

Not the way I would like to do a deal as someone else could quite easily hijack it.

Ever thought that the deal perhaps couldn't be concluded until Celtic had themselves concluded a deal for his replacement?

The rediculous wagging of fingers at the saints management without any real understanding of what is going on behind the scenes dumbfounds me sometimes.

Ever thought that the deal perhaps couldn't be concluded until Celtic had themselves concluded a deal for his replacement?

The rediculous wagging of fingers at the saints management without any real understanding of what is going on behind the scenes dumbfounds me sometimes.

Absolutely this. I frustrates me more than dumbfounds me, as it's always the usual suspects who attack the club for no reason at all.

Your wasting your breath chez. Any old excuse to knock the club is used no matter how founded or unfounded it is - to many on here out there fingers in motion before their brains. They would have you beleuve the custodians of SFC are out to destroy the club - the mind boggles

BREAKING NEWS...

Virgil Van Dijk will fly out to London tomorrow to hold contract talks with Southampton. 1/2

Fee of around £10.5m + 15% sell on fee has been agreed by both clubs. 2/2

He was terrible in the CL qualifiers against Malmö, so I'm quite shocked that you would be ready to pay this much ... on a side note, Norwich just made a £2 million bid on FC Midtjylland CB Erik Sviatchenko ... I believe he has a release clause that is making him a cheap signing ... btw, the last CB sold by FCM to an English PL side was Winston Reid to West Ham and Sviatchenko is better in my opinion ...

He was terrible in the CL qualifiers against Malmö, so I'm quite shocked that you would be ready to pay this much ... on a side note, Norwich just made a £2 million bid on FC Midtjylland CB Erik Sviatchenko ... I believe he has a release clause that is making him a cheap signing ... btw, the last CB sold by FCM to an English PL side was Winston Reid to West Ham and Sviatchenko is better in my opinion ...

Maybe he was terrible because his head wasn't in the game - a bit like Big Vic today not being in the side because of that. Maybe Celtic should of left him out of the squad??

Maybe he was terrible because his head wasn't in the game - a bit like Big Vic today not being in the side because of that. Maybe Celtic should of left him out of the squad??

In that case Sviatchenko should also have looked terribel for FCM so far this season, considering all the bidding and transfer rumours going on in this transfer window, but he has been able to stay focused, which I guess is also a good sign ... so I dont really buy that excuse when we are talking about more than just one poor game.