All things Labour Party

CHAPEL END CHARLIE

He's dead and buried. The shadow cabinet he had was a rag bag of second tier MPs anyway, with most of the actual talent keeping well clear. He won't be able to form another one.

If he hasn't got a PLP to lead and is incapable of forming a shadow cabinet then it doesn't matter if a million £3 dins vote for him again. Toast.

Not sure I see it that way. I can't see him resigning. He'll run if there's another leadership election, and he'll win.

Regardless of the actions of the parliamentary labour party, Corbyn still has the mandate of the party membership. He is going no-where.

Ed Milliband's policy of empowering the party members has finished them off once and for all.

Corbyn has spoken...

Anyone wanting to oust him as lead must stand against him in a leadership election for him to accept defeat.

We'll see. Nice little raft of junior shadow ministers going tomorrow, a PLP meeting tomorrow and probably a decent bit of mockery at PMQs on Wednesday.

There's no way anyone will go to the members with him on the ticket, just for the £3 Twitterati saps to vote him in again.

They'll keep turning the screw until he jacks it in.

That clip of him on the BBC news just now shuffling bits of paper and stumbling out a speech at the launch of Labour's remain campaign was all you needed to see. A bumbling geography teacher pratting about and utterly illsuited to running a scout hut tuck-shop. Spends all his time gutlessly preaching to the already converted and no time at all trying to talk to people who don't already agree with him.

Just a pathetic embarrassment to such high office and role that needs competence to actually change people's lives for the better.

What makes me laugh is lots of the MP's trying to get rid of Jezza and claiming it's his performance in the eu vote are representing constituencies that voted leave . Tristain Hunt on radio today saying Jezza awful

In Eu debate , yet his Stoke constituency was something like 70/30 . Same with that weirdo from Wales , underpants man . Jezza carried his patch, he's in tune with his electorate . John Mann has been telling these clowns for years but they won't listen . I'm not saying Jezza is good , he's clearly not . But these snakes turning against him in this way is shameful . One of them should man up, take on Jezza and let the party decide . Mind you they don't seem to be very good at accepting democratic mandates. I almost feel sorry for the soft arsed old leftie

Edited by Lord Duckhunter

Deputy Leader of the Labour Party and former Corbyn loyalist Tom Watson now apparently telling his boss to quit according to the BBC.

Good move. I like Corbyn, Im glad he is an MP and was prepared to give him a chance - but he's clearly not leader material.

I just don't get what he and his supporters are hoping to achieve. Are they really that detached from reality that they think he actually might get elected? Or do they just hate the Blairites so much they are willing to **** up the whole party, and even the country?

Madness

I just don't get what he and his supporters are hoping to achieve. Are they really that detached from reality that they think he actually might get elected? Or do they just hate the Blairites so much they are willing to **** up the whole party, and even the country?

Madness

They've certainly not got any interest in being elected. That's only what careerist red tory Blairite scum would want.

Pretty sure it will be a 1v1 to avoid splitting the 'alternative' vote when they need to overthrow the Corbynites.

Would be a total lost opportunity. There is no point having the divisive fight in order to replace Corbyn with someone who is little more likely to win than he is. If Stephen Crabb wins the Tory vote he will appeal to many Labour voters and they stand a real risk of being irreversibly eclipsed.

Would be a total lost opportunity. There is no point having the divisive fight in order to replace Corbyn with someone who is little more likely to win than he is. If Stephen Crabb wins the Tory vote he will appeal to many Labour voters and they stand a real risk of being irreversibly eclipsed.

I think they are desperate for him to go before any contest - then at least they can have a proper, adult leadership contest between two or three actual contenders - as you say I think there are some perfectly good candidates who could take on Boris or May (or Crabb, who I thought came across great on TV today).

Once Corbyn is out, never again will leftie-loons be "loaned" votes to "broaden the contest" so at least we should be able to move forward with a proper leadership team, with all the decent able MPs back on the front bench taking the Tories on.

Agree with you on Eagle - even as a stalking horse it's all a bit odd. She was awful in the Brexit debate on TV and even though she has served in the cabinet under Brown she's never made any impression on me. If we actually get to a JC vs AE contest, it's lose-lose.

I'm not much of a Cameron fan, but enjoyed his gag earlier on in the week welcoming the new member for Tooting ("you'll be in the shadow cabinet by the end of the day") and his "For goodness sake man, go" was bang on. If JC stays on there will be weeks and weeks of mockery ahead - how can he possibly portray himself as a potential Prime Minister with the way he's behaved.

The dustbin of history is beckoning old man Steptoe, let's hope it isn't too much longer.

I think they are desperate for him to go before any contest - then at least they can have a proper, adult leadership contest between two or three actual contenders - as you say I think there are some perfectly good candidates who could take on Boris or May (or Crabb, who I thought came across great on TV today).

Once Corbyn is out, never again will leftie-loons be "loaned" votes to "broaden the contest" so at least we should be able to move forward with a proper leadership team, with all the decent able MPs back on the front bench taking the Tories on.

Agree with you on Eagle - even as a stalking horse it's all a bit odd. She was awful in the Brexit debate on TV and even though she has served in the cabinet under Brown she's never made any impression on me. If we actually get to a JC vs AE contest, it's lose-lose.

I'm not much of a Cameron fan, but enjoyed his gag earlier on in the week welcoming the new member for Tooting ("you'll be in the shadow cabinet by the end of the day") and his "For goodness sake man, go" was bang on. If JC stays on there will be weeks and weeks of mockery ahead - how can he possibly portray himself as a potential Prime Minister with the way he's behaved.

The dustbin of history is beckoning old man Steptoe, let's hope it isn't too much longer.

Im not sure of the rules for the Labour leadership - but I didnt think it was setup in a way that allowed for a stalking horse. Doesn't everyone stand and then there is a progressive knockout?

Cameron has come across better, more Prime Ministerial since his defeat. He should provide a benchmark for the Labour candidates - if they cant match him then they wont get elected and shouldnt stand. Neither Eagle or Corbyn do.

I see Gove is now standing for the tories, which is a pity as it will draw support away from Boris. Not that I rate Johnson but he was the one I thought most likely to do a complete U turn and return to the EU in all but name. May, despite being a remainer (or at least gave lip service to it) seems set on implementing withdrawal in full.

Edited by buctootim

I hope she isnt the only candidate - shes more charmless than Corbyn. There are plenty of able Labour MPs who could do the job. Ben Bradshaw is one.

Agreed. Whenever I have seen Eagle she has come across as a humourless, waspish, embittered, thick-headed little shrimp.

I still think Jezza's the man to put his finger in the dyke. It's why I voted for him....

I always like a double entendre and you've given us one.

The contrast between Crabb and Corbyn is astounding. The leader of the opposition has to be a credible alternative Prime Minister and has to be able to offer a plausible government team. Corbyn is way off either of those . I can see a future for Crabb either as PM or high office.

obviously, had Gove, Johnson or Farage had said that........

I didn't realise Wayne David was the leader of a political party or national figure with aspirations of being PM.

I learn something everyday from you.

It's all gone quiet on the Corbyn front....guess they're waiting for Chilcott before doing anything more!?!? All hell to break loose just as its publication hits the rails......

Heard Galloway saying that Jezza won't jack before Chilcot as has promised his supporters that he'll apologise on behalf of the Labour party and will call Blair a war criminal . Galloway reckons that's the reason for the plot , Blairites trying to silence him prior to that. I don't believe that is the reason as lefties see Blairites everywhere, but can belive Jezza wants to hang on til then and his reasoning behind it

Edited by Lord Duckhunter

Jarvis does come across well. All this talk of terminal decline is nonsense, in Milliband and Corbyn they have just had two unelectable leaders. There is still a future for a centre left party, I don't think Blair got a lot wrong except for his criminal decision to invade Iraq which I hope he goes down for.