Wanyama Transfer Rumours - Summer 2015 Edition

brett24

I hope that if I am ever unfortunate enough to discuss with my employers that I'm not in the "Right frame of mind"..that they may show some compassion for example with mental health problems including depression.....

I really think we need to take it with a pinch of salt...and relatively it's only football and all decisions are based on p&l.

If you read his other tweets.... Then I think your last sentence may be very accurate.

Christ people really do waste their time on Twitter don't they? This guy appears to tweet all day every day. Guess no-one needs mortgage advice.

I don't know what Wanyama's personal wishes are. I do know how his agent behaves. Based on how I know his agent behaves' date=' it wouldn't surprise me to see him agitate his client for a move regardless of his clients happiness[/color'].

Yes but if Victor was happy to stay that would be the end of it. His various interview faux pas, over the last year, plus his current antics aren't down to his agent but Victor who is a grown man who can make his own decisions. He clearly feels he has done enough for a big money move to a big club (or in this cases spurs).

I don't know what Wanyama's personal wishes are. I do know how his agent behaves. Based on how I know his agent behaves' date=' it wouldn't surprise me to see him agitate his client for a move regardless of his clients happiness.[/quote']

I didn't ask what you knew, just what you thought. I didn't think it was such a difficult question.

I'll have to assume from your answer you think Wanyama is too weak willed to say no to his agent or get rid of this nasty horrible agent that has been acting on his behalf for however long.

Or the agent is acting without the knowledge of Wanyama himself?

I didn't ask what you knew, just what you thought. I didn't think it was such a difficult question.

I'll have to assume from your answer you think Wanyama is too weak willed to say no to his agent or get rid of this nasty horrible agent that has been acting on his behalf for however long.

Or the agent is acting without the knowledge of Wanyama himself?

I think his agent has convinced Vic that a move to Spurs is a good idea and Vic is acting on instruction rather than through any deep desire to leave Southampton for Spurs.

I think the people involved in this including Levy may struggle to get anything but an answerphone until tomorrow. If I was Wanyama I'd be on my way to Kenya because that's the only place he will be allowed to go today by Saints.

I'm not going to read the article because of who wrote it, but the headline is something to bear in mind with the stance we take....

Everton should be applauded for their stance on John Stones... but it might put youngsters off joining them

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3217883/Everton-applauded-stance-John-Stones-prevent-signing-ambitious-young-players-future.html

Sky sources understand that any possibility of Southampton midfielder Victor Wanyama joining Tottenham has now gone.

We believe the player left the UK this morning to join up with the Kenyan national team.

Lets hope he clears his head whilst gone.

Absolutely love the fact that Levy has been given what-for from several sources these past few weeks.

Spurs are running around like headless chickens trying to sign everyone. They are doing it to WBA, WHU, us..... They've all been given the bird and all they have managed to do is sign someone who appears to be vastly overpriced. And there was Levy saying that they weren't going to be signing £20m players any more, and that their new team was going to be in the £10m-12m region.

Spurs are running around like headless chickens trying to sign everyone. They are doing it to WBA, WHU, us..... They've all been given the bird and all they have managed to do is sign someone who appears to be vastly overpriced. And there was Levy saying that they weren't going to be signing £20m players any more, and that their new team was going to be in the £10m-12m region.

Levy drives a hard bargain when selling any player. It means he finds it hard to shift players until the back end of the window. He also doesn't spend much money until he has shipped players out. It results in an absolute cluster**** at the end of every transfer window for Spurs. For all the extra income he garners from his negotiating when selling players, he loses any gains by having to purchase substandard players at the back end of the window.

Spurs :lol:

Levy drives a hard bargain when selling any player. It means he finds it hard to shift players until the back end of the window. He also doesn't spend much money until he has shipped players out. It results in an absolute cluster**** at the end of every transfer window for Spurs. For all the extra income he garners from his negotiating when selling players, he loses any gains by having to purchase substandard players at the back end of the window.

Spurs :lol:

He doesnt care about the money, I reckon; he just needs to feel he is control the whole time.

SKY must be pretty sure this is true then:

SAINTS STAYER

We’ve suspended Victor Wanyama’s move to Spurs after reports he’s left the UK to join with his national team. More betting odds.....

This is pretty ****ing wrong in my eyes!

Sky were the ones that broke the Wanyama to Spurs story in the first place!!

I dont know whether Wanyama handed in his transfer request on the basis of that story, or whether that story was a result of Wanyama handing in a request... either way that's an internal club matter.

I dont see how its legal that they can impact the betting markets so openly, how many bets were made off the back of the sky story?!

This is pretty ****ing wrong in my eyes!

Sky were the ones that broke the Wanyama to Spurs story in the first place!!

I dont know whether Wanyama handed in his transfer request on the basis of that story, or whether that story was a result of Wanyama handing in a request... either way that's an internal club matter.

I dont see how its legal that they can impact the betting markets so openly, how many bets were made off the back of the sky story?!

.. and there you have it!

I'm not going to read the article because of who wrote it, but the headline is something to bear in mind with the stance we take....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3217883/Everton-applauded-stance-John-Stones-prevent-signing-ambitious-young-players-future.html

Well done everton :).

As for preventing young players joining, id say strong sides that will give youth a chance like ourselves or everton are still the best bet for young players,

Would stones have looked so good and attracted interest from the big boys if he was playing in a weak relegation team or in the championship?

Maybe the article is right and we will see more release clauses in the future

LOL at Spuds : )

KOUYATE BID REJECTED

Tottenham have had a £15m bid for West Ham midfielder Cheikhou Kouyate rejected, according to the Daily Mail.

Spurs are desperate to a midfield before the transfer window closes.

Newcastle told them to jog on over Perez too

Duncan Castles ‏@DuncanCastles

Understand that Tottenham's offer for Victor Wanyama was £20m. Southampton refused so player now intends to run down contract. #THFC #SFC

Yeah ? And if his attitude sucks he'll get no game time and his earning power will be significantly reduced, perhaps no-one will want him.

At 6pm the power switches back to the club.

Duncan Castles ‏@DuncanCastles

Understand that Tottenham's offer for Victor Wanyama was £20m. Southampton refused so player now intends to run down contract. #THFC #SFC

Yes but the **** then realised he had two years left on his contract.:lol:

Not really the power is with the club now....

Well, you are probably right, still time for some anus to twitch somewhere. I was thinking once the window is closed, the whole embargo on transfers formally puts the club in the driving seat.

Big Vic can only blame Levy for being a smart-arse and having left it so late that we had no time to replace him.

You have to chuckle at Durham's article. What has keeping Stones got to do with taking a young player from another club? His argument is that by not allowing Stones to move they shouldn't be taking a younger player and moving him on themselves. Just ridiculous. If Stones does want to better himself again he will move when his contract runs down. Just as the young lad they have just signed can.

But with Levy does £20M really mean £20M?

More like £10M over 5 years with loads of unachieveable add on clauses that might give another £10M

As RK said the best think Big Vic can do is try and follow Morgan's example.

My view is that although a massive physical presence his passing is not top notch and he won't get a contract at a big club in 2 years

MLT on SSN just now said he had been told Spurs have made only one bid for Vic a few weeks ago that was lower than the fee we paid Celtic for him.
Totally deluded, they did the same with Morgan though and managed to upset him. I have no problem with trying to get a player a bit cheaper as you have to haggle upwards but to come in with 50% of the player's value is ridiculous.

Totally deluded, they did the same with Morgan though and managed to upset him. I have no problem with trying to get a player a bit cheaper as you have to haggle upwards but to come in with 50% of the player's value is ridiculous.

Players and agents should also show a bit of nous. Is a below market bid from Spurs really worth upsetting the apple cart over? It's hardly in the same league as an Man Utd or City bid.