Wanyama Transfer Rumours - Summer 2015 Edition

brett24

Tom Collomosse ‏@TomCStandard 2m2 minutes ago

Believe #thfc's offer for Wanyama would have been worth £20m and they were prepared to let Townsend/Lamela go to St Mary's on loan #saintsfc

Wow think that would have been worth a go....

Key for me is 'worth' - given the recent comments from the WBA Chairman I suspect the guaranteed money would be well short of £20m.

Edited by Lallana's Left Peg

I wonder how much money they will stretch to in the end?

Surely what with having Mitchell and all of his expertise with how the black box works, Spurs will have identified several alternatives to Wanyama. These players, like those that Southampton identified when Mitchell was here, will be really cheap in comparison with established PL players, totally under every other club's radar, and they will quickly establish themselves as being better than the players they replaced.

I have every confidence that Mitchell will have several players lined up as I write, who will be signed by Levy within the next hour and a half.

Tom Collomosse ‏@TomCStandard 2m2 minutes ago

Believe #thfc's offer for Wanyama would have been worth £20m and they were prepared to let Townsend/Lamela go to St Mary's on loan #saintsfc

Wow think that would have been worth a go....

If thats true Spurs are a shambles and don't know Premier League rules. You are only allowed 2 domestic loans and Saints have Caulker and Stekelenburg.

Surely what with having Mitchell and all of his expertise with how the black box works, Spurs will have identified several alternatives to Wanyama. These players, like those that Southampton identified when Mitchell was here, will be really cheap in comparison with established PL players, totally under every other club's radar, and they will quickly establish themselves as being better than the players they replaced.

I have every confidence that Mitchell will have several players lined up as I write, who will be signed by Levy within the next hour and a half.

But they don't have the black box, or the data from the black box, so they need to build it up from the scouting network...

If thats true Spurs are a shambles and don't know Premier League rules. You are only allowed 2 domestic loans and Saints have Caulker and Stekelenburg.

Probably but ways around it......am sure its been done in past sold to a club abroad then loaned on?

Maybe we would have bought Stek or Caulker ?

Anyway immaterial but will be interesting what happens with Wanyama now - will our fans forgive? will he settle down until January?

£20m plus Townsend would have been a good deal for a wantaway player. Think we may have accepted that had it been offered in June rather than now.

Not what it says, is it?

£20m inc the perceived value of Townsend. With MLT saying the bid was less than what we paid Celtic, I'd hazard a guess at £10m + player.

But they don't have the black box, or the data from the black box, so they need to build it up from the scouting network...

The black box is just a room full of video equipment and computers to monitor players. The data from the black box is presumably stored electronically, so I admire your optimism that there is not list of players thrown up by our scouting reports and match videos that couldn't have been downloaded onto a USB memory stick when Mitchell left.

I don't know how instrumental Mitchell was in setting up the whole thing, or whether he was just the "department head", but he must have been considered important enough for Spurs to head-hunt him from us. Given that he has been with them now since the end of last November, there ought to have been sufficient time for him to have produced a reasonable list of prospects for each position (and some names to replace Pochettino too)

The black box is just a room full of video equipment and computers to monitor players. The data from the black box is presumably stored electronically, so I admire your optimism that there is not list of players thrown up by our scouting reports and match videos that couldn't have been downloaded onto a USB memory stick when Mitchell left.

I don't know how instrumental Mitchell was in setting up the whole thing, or whether he was just the "department head", but he must have been considered important enough for Spurs to head-hunt him from us. Given that he has been with them now since the end of last November, there ought to have been sufficient time for him to have produced a reasonable list of prospects for each position (and some names to replace Pochettino too)

I would say the data hasn't gone with him, it's the intellectual property of Southampton football club and is essentially stealing.

On the drive home a Spurs fan phoned into Talk Sport and said what they did with the Bale money was like selling a high spec laptop and buying a load of second hand type writers.

Yes, but they got the original laptop for the price of an Amstrad. From! Us.

It's probably offering him more money and with a promise that if a top 4 team comes in for him he can leave and with the long contract we'll get to keep him a bit longer and get a shedload when he goes. Agent won't be happy as he doesn't get his slice of the pie just yet but will do eventually so everyone should be happy.

In terms of money I am sure a move to Spuds would be a step up. In footballing terms however I don't see it as much of a progression for him. Surely an ambitious player would be looking for a top 4 club and CL football?

IS it though? With the new TV money, aren't all clubs getting closer to each other, with the obvious exceptions of the Manchester clubs and possibly the other "big" 3?

That may not be the point. This might be a tactical offer.

Agree, think Les might just have put this out there to make the club seem proactive and help ease him back into the public view without too much aggro.

Sent from my D2403 using Tapatalk

I would say the data hasn't gone with him, it's the intellectual property of Southampton football club and is essentially stealing.

So how do you prove that? And apart from that, there will also be the list of names of prospective players which Mitchell will have remembered as likely candidates anyway.

£20m plus Townsend would have been a good deal for a wantaway player. Think we may have accepted that had it been offered in June rather than now.

Agree. But that is what Spurs do, isn't it. Make offer at 5pm on Deadline Day, so host club has no time to found a replacement. They need to stop doing it. Did it with us and West Brom.

The black box is just a room where all the analysts work from.

That isn't true.

(I was lucky enough to be invited to tour the Markus Liebherr Pavilion on the day it opened)

There's not enough room for them in there and they have a separate analysis suite which is for the analysts to work from.

The 'black box' is a different room altogether at the complex. Not saying its 'magic' or 'mystique' isn't over-egged, but it isn't 'just a room where all the analysts work'.

Edited by Saint-Armstrong

That isn't true.

(I was lucky enough to be invited to tour the Markus Liebherr Pavilion on the day it opened)

There's not enough room for them in there and they have a separate analysis suite which is for the analysts to work from.

The 'black box' is a different room altogether at the complex. Not saying its 'magic' or 'mystique' isn't over-egged, but it isn't 'just a room where all the analysts work'.

Does it have a red fish eye and call everyone Dave ?

IS it though? With the new TV money, aren't all clubs getting closer to each other, with the obvious exceptions of the Manchester clubs and possibly the other "big" 3?

The new TV money means clubs no longer have to sell, but Spurs are miles bigger than us financially. Turnover of £180m vs. our £104m in the latest filed accounts (despite only a few league positions different between us that season) shows they have far more financial clout than us.

in a short interview clip from Sky Sport ...Les Reed stated that.....the club has offered Victor ....a 5 year extension to his contract....a good move IMO and here's why ....

Firstly, I don't think the club would "punish" him as some do.....by fining him for refusing to play, or put him to train with the Academy....that's unecessary.

He needs to withdraw " his transfer request " - if indeed he actually made one - get his head together and get back to doing what he does best...

Secondly, the window has closed and so he has nowhere to go in the short term. Don't know what salary he's on at present but an extra £10-15k /week would mean another half million a year, which would surely please his greedy agent. With two years left on his contract, the club can keep him on the present one if we want to ...until it runs out....

Lastly, if he improves, and still wants to leave at some future time....the club has a stronger bargaining position and his price would rise even more, and he'd have to find a club willing to pay a lot more than his " new salary ". Any potential " buyers " would have to be one of last seasons " top six " to cough up that sort of fee / salary....

noted: the " mysterious £10 million bid " from Spurs :suspicious:does seem highly suspicious to me, as it's obvious we wouldn't sell him for less than we paid, but it may have been a crafty move in order to say... that we'd had bid for him and refused it .......thus making VW nervous and wanting to seek a move. The media caused the rest of the panic.

Given time to think, I hope Victor comes back and DAJFU .....(as Morgan did last season) - after he got focussed again.

Next year's window is not today's problem ....there's no need to make things worse than they maybe at present.

Edited by david in sweden

I believe the first draft was so derisory it caused the Wanyama crises in the first place...Yet another happy and settled player wanting to get the hell out out of Dodge the moment they have direct dealings with Reed and Rodgers...The list continues to grow and grow

I don't believe that. Go figure.

I believe the first draft was so derisory it caused the Wanyama crises in the first place...Yet another happy and settled player wanting to get the hell out out of Dodge the moment they have direct dealings with Reed and Rodgers...The list continues to grow and grow

:lol: :thumbup: