Sky Sports Sunday Suplement 'Saints would sell Pelle if they could'

Bensfcno1

As it says on the tin. One of the Journalists on Sunday Suplement suggested we would sell Pelle given the opportunity.

What is everyones views on this and where has this come from or is it just way of the mark and looking for talking points? Would be strange considering he was only player to play in every prem game last season.

can see it. he scores some goals but offers so little movement, pretty rubbish in build up play unless he chests it to someone and wins little in the air really (ie, hardly jumps for the ball unless it means an attempt on goal)

he does get battered all game mind

He is the main focal point of our team at the moment so cant see that being the case.

We have no one else who can play that position. Rodriguez is better coming from the left and mane feeding off Pelle chest downs. Which also says to me we need another player who can come in for Pelle (Austin maybe) so to sell him would be crazy

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Pellè would be a huge loss for us. I'm sick of hearing on the forum about how sh*t he is, he's always working and moving, if his flick ons and layoffs don't go to anyone it's nearly always because there's nobody getting into the space he's created.

Pellè would be a huge loss for us. I'm sick of hearing on the forum about how sh*t he is, he's always working and moving, if his flick ons and layoffs don't go to anyone it's nearly always because there's nobody getting into the space he's created.

that is just not true.

At the moment the club are joke for their policies. But a bit of success again this season and that would change. Just like last year we were getting praise. For me, these views are 2 simplistic.

I am not happy with / can't stand Les Reed, his policy is to sell the team every summer and destroy the bond between the fans and players. Not sustainable and he frankly needs to change his views or go. If clubs like Everton can manage their sales and be successful then so can saints. I said this last summer and I said this during the season. As fans, we pay to support the team and develop bonds with the players etc.... if its basically a new team every season then we may as well support any team at random because their is no/limited history or soul to the team. Simplistic view maybe, but this had better be the last summer where we lose a bunch of key players and replace them with none of the same quality. Otherwise what is their to support?

Les Reed's "we do not loan players out" and "50% of first team from the academey" comments carry less and less weight every season. Any player we can get decent money for we flog, and we have no club icons or legends at all any more in the first 11, bar Fonte. Extremely ****ed at what that man has done in 14months once he got free control from Cortese.

It wasnt said in jest or if it was then the Journo in question needs to work on his expressions. It was more like, although it would take extraordinary bids for us to let Mane go, Wanyama is more likely but we would sell Pelle if we could.

I am hoping it was just the Journo has poor banter.

I didn't see it, but sounds like he was saying 'we'd sell our grandmother if we could' sort of expression it seems to me anyway.

Yea, be interesting to know in which context it was said....either that we'll sell anything that moves or that we don't want him and would to like to sign someone else. Seriously doubt the latter as he's one of Koemans men but he has been linked to other clubs a few times so who knows.

As a lone frontman he does his best,you see a lot of the time that the ball is hoofed forward to him he has a big CB on his shoulder and he lays it off,what more can he do at times,but 9/10 nobody is within 20yds of him,we need someone close to feed off him.I feel he is given a rough ride by many on here at times,for things that are beyond his control

Ah I don't know....it seems to me that perhaps someone in the club would sell Pelle because they're not overkeen on the style of play that he seems to promote. Koeman might not want to sell Pelle though, depends really who decides what and who has the upper hand. Can see it all finishing in tears myself.

I, in my usual minority of 1 I expect ,am not overkeen on Koeman, preferred Ranieri at the time and am still not a big fan. I don't like hoofball, never have and never will.

Edited by Window Cleaner

At the moment the club are joke for their policies. But a bit of success again this season and that would change. Just like last year we were getting praise. For me, these views are 2 simplistic.

I am not happy with / can't stand Les Reed, his policy is to sell the team every summer and destroy the bond between the fans and players. Not sustainable and he frankly needs to change his views or go. If clubs like Everton can manage their sales and be successful then so can saints. I said this last summer and I said this during the season. As fans, we pay to support the team and develop bonds with the players etc.... if its basically a new team every season then we may as well support any team at random because their is no/limited history or soul to the team. Simplistic view maybe, but this had better be the last summer where we lose a bunch of key players and replace them with none of the same quality. Otherwise what is their to support?

Les Reed's "we do not loan players out" and "50% of first team from the academey" comments carry less and less weight every season. Any player we can get decent money for we flog, and we have no club icons or legends at all any more in the first 11, bar Fonte. Extremely ****ed at what that man has done in 14months once he got free control from Cortese.

How did we compare to this great model Everton last season? The season that les got " free control". I presume we were shieye and Everton wonderful.

As a lone frontman he does his best,you see a lot of the time that the ball is hoofed forward to him he has a big CB on his shoulder and he lays it off,what more can he do at times,but 9/10 nobody is within 20yds of him,we need someone close to feed off him.I feel he is given a rough ride by many on here at times,for things that are beyond his control

Well said. It's about time he got the credit he deserves, I've been irritated by the negative stuff posted on here about him.

Pelle gets slated on here time and time again and it's usually unwarranted. He is a good player and we should be grateful to have him available. If he had service or support his contribution would be for more telling but he's left to knock down long balls or hold up play for a midfield that struggles to get forward and when they do, can't shoot.

The fact that he starts without fail shows the faith Koeman has faith in him and let's face it, what's the alternative.

I'm with you on this. Gets far too much stick. In the odd game Without him leading the attack we have been terrible. Great focal point and He turns so many **** hoofs into something it's not true. He lost confidence last season and that was a real problem as Long isn't good enough to replace him in the loan striker role.

Well said. It's about time he got the credit he deserves, I've been irritated by the negative stuff posted on here about him.

I think the problem is that a lot of people compare him to how Lambert played,but what they forget is that we had a front 3 of Lambert/J-rod/Lallana,they were very fluid and would cut in a lot lot more and switch more than what are front 3 do know,SRL would often drop out wide and the others come inside and it worked very well,we seem to play a bit more direct through the middle these days,once J-rod is firing and we have a front 3 of J/Pelle/Mane we will start to see great results,if a opposition stick a man or two on Pelle we have nothing to offer.

What we need is more of the midfield/attackers to be able to put them away,we can't just rely on Mane/GP to score all the goals,but obviously if RK sticks with 8 defensive players on a pitch we are going to struggle to score goals

I'm with you on this. Gets far too much stick. In the odd game Without him leading the attack we have been terrible. Great focal point and He turns so many **** hoofs into something it's not true. He lost confidence last season and that was a real problem as Long isn't good enough to replace him in the loan striker role.

In the one league game i saw last season where he didn't play it was the best game i have seen from us for a long time. We were forced to change our style of play and were better for it. I was quite surprised when he was straight back in the game afterwards.

However, I like Pelle. He can play. I would just prefer he was seen as a 'normal' player and not the man-mountain he is during our build up play (crosses from out wide excepted). We give him an awful lot to contend with sometimes but I think he does a good job overall.

Are you on about the same player? He spends most of his time moaning and he doesn't win headers.

I'd sell him for a decent price. Average PL player at best. Not prolific enough.

With Lambert, you felt he always had a goal in him, I just don't get that confidence with Pelle.

i was thinking Ward-Prowse, Targett & Davis are playing like drains, could it be because no one has come in for them? I know what I'm like at work when people are being transferred to better sections within my office & i'm ignored it's pretty demotivating. Why should it be different for footballers.

Our sales in recent seasons have made it an easy perception for lazy journos to conclude Saints are a selling club.

It makes for an easier life to just go along with that perception without asking the sort of questions journos should ask.

The tag of being a selling club always carries with it the hint that players are being sold for some dark, devious scheme, in other words, the owner is creaming off the proceeds of the sales.

We clearly know that is not the case, so they question the should be posing next, is: "If they are a selling club, which we journos have decided they are why are Saints selling these players?"

They won't ask that question as it carries an awkward answer; That players are being tapped and unsettled by other clubs, with the assistance of a media which feels all the best players should be with four or five clubs.

To answer that question truthfully would lay open their own complicit role in players being unsettled and their heads turned.

So just go ahead and dub Saints a selling club. It's much easier and saves a lot of bother with awkward explanation as to why they actually sell their players.

Are you on about the same player? He spends most of his time moaning and he doesn't win headers.

I'd sell him for a decent price. Average PL player at best. Not prolific enough.

With Lambert, you felt he always had a goal in him, I just don't get that confidence with Pelle.

Lucky you are not in charge then

Last season was our best ever in the PL and this season has barely started. You are free to go support someone else if you dislike Les so much. As for "..his policy is to sell the team every summer and destroy the bond between the fans and players" there is so much wrong with this, we will be just fine without you thanks

Our sales in recent seasons have made it an easy perception for lazy journos to conclude Saints are a selling club.

It makes for an easier life to just go along with that perception without asking the sort of questions journos should ask.

The tag of being a selling club always carries with it the hint that players are being sold for some dark, devious scheme, in other words, the owner is creaming off the proceeds of the sales.

We clearly know that is not the case, so they question the should be posing next, is: "If they are a selling club, which we journos have decided they are why are Saints selling these players?"

They won't ask that question as it carries an awkward answer; That players are being tapped and unsettled by other clubs, with the assistance of a media which feels all the best players should be with four or five clubs.

To answer that question truthfully would lay open their own complicit role in players being unsettled and their heads turned.

So just go ahead and dub Saints a selling club. It's much easier and saves a lot of bother with awkward explanation as to why they actually sell their players.

Now there is the uncomfortable truth.

Not too bothered whether we sell him or not. My concern is that he seems to be the first name on the team sheet every week yet we've got a far better option up front with Jay Rod. Even when we make a change during the game it's never him. I could understand this if he was a major threat but he really isn't. He's just average.

Not too bothered whether we sell him or not. My concern is that he seems to be the first name on the team sheet every week yet we've got a far better option up front with Jay Rod. Even when we make a change during the game it's never him. I could understand this if he was a major threat but he really isn't. He's just average.

J-rod may well be better if he gets back to his old form but only an idiot would want to relay on Jrod as our main striker in his current form Pelle is very important to us right now. Also Pelle is much better than average who the hell do you think a club like us can sign as a centre forward?

What a load of nonsense. Rodriguez through the middle would be nowhere near as good as pelle had been this season. pelle has been one of our best players so far this season and did well again today. Seriously, what on earth do people expect? As others have said, thank god we've got koeman making decisions and not some of our fans.

On dear .....clueless

What a load of nonsense. Rodriguez through the middle would be nowhere near as good as pelle had been this season. pelle has been one of our best players so far this season and did well again today. Seriously, what on earth do people expect? As others have said, thank god we've got koeman making decisions and not some of our fans.

Why is it nonsense? What makes you so sure??? Who says he would have to play through the middle? Why not play him in a front two with Mane or Juanmi? It gives us something different to Pelle. Let's be honest, Pelle had a good start with Saints but then our rivals quickly worked out what he was all about and he had a terrible run. Jay-Rod's finishing is far better. I'd rather have had Rickie back than Pelle up front.

J-rod may well be better if he gets back to his old form but only an idiot would want to relay on Jrod as our main striker in his current form Pelle is very important to us right now. Also Pelle is much better than average who the hell do you think a club like us can sign as a centre forward?

It's probably getting boring to say it, but Charlie Austin...

If we got a decent offer then considering he's now 30 I can see why we would do it. Austin is a much more natural finisher than pelle

can see it. he scores some goals but offers so little movement, pretty rubbish in build up play unless he chests it to someone and wins little in the air really (ie, hardly jumps for the ball unless it means an attempt on goal)

You got any numbers to back that up? He is by far our best player at winning the ball in the air, whether with his head or his chest, and is amazing at holding it up. Not all of his passes and through balls come off but he actually has very good vision and knows where the players running off him will be, a lot of the time without looking.

He's a very important player for us, pivotal to how we play and plays consistently well every week. He's also our top scorer over the last two seasons and it's mad that anyone would want us to get rid of him. Great all round striker who has a bit of everything and does most of it well.

Why is it nonsense? What makes you so sure??? Who says he would have to play through the middle? Why not play him in a front two with Mane or Juanmi? It gives us something different to Pelle. Let's be honest, Pelle had a good start with Saints but then our rivals quickly worked out what he was all about and he had a terrible run. Jay-Rod's finishing is far better. I'd rather have had Rickie back than Pelle up front.

If Rodriguez's finishing is better then why did Pelle take his one of his chances today while J-Rod couldn't? I think Rodriguez is a great player, but, his finishing is not "far better". Seems to get forgotten but in the season he got injured his goal tally could have been a lot higher if he didn't have a tendency to roll the ball at opposition keeps once every couple of games in an action that resembled more of a pass than a shot.

Edited by Beckenham Saint

Good post Beckenham only clueless idiots cannot see how important he us to our side. His hold up and link play was outstanding today.

Cracks me up some of the clowns on here slam the club for selling players yet think we should get rid of our focal point!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's probably getting boring to say it, but Charlie Austin...

If we got a decent offer then considering he's now 30 I can see why we would do it. Austin is a much more natural finisher than pelle

As Charlie pointed Austin isn't the same sort of player as Pelle if we signed Austin he'd be used on one side of a front three along with J-rod, Long, Mane and Juanmi.

Spot on. Jay Rod still very clearly finding his feet, and was rarely at his most effective in Pelle's position when Ricke was here

Utter Rubbish.

As he showed today his movement is good he's just not that quick, but he times his runs well, drops of well and he wins A LOT of headers, but sometimes he tries to bring the ball down more so he can play people in better. He's great at linking up the play and I think we'd be lost without him which is why we need a solid back up.

IMO he's an intelligent striker, just because he doesn't run about like a headless chicken people think he doesn't offer movement, which shows how clueless some people are.

Utter Rubbish.

As he showed today his movement is good he's just not that quick, but he times his runs well, drops of well and he wins A LOT of headers, but sometimes he tries to bring the ball down more so he can play people in better. He's great at linking up the play and I think we'd be lost without him which is why we need a solid back up.

If

IMO he's an intelligent striker, just because he doesn't run about like a headless chicken people think he doesn't offer movement, which shows how clueless some people are.

Ignore ****man he doesn't like Pelle, in fact hates him but that said he has no idea what he is talking about

most of the time so best ignore his garbage