Utd Build Up Thread

Wiggles31

Utd can be dire and if anyone else was at the the helm spunking so much on players they'd not be getting away with it.

Utd fans I know are not happy with him either..

Confident of a win but Utd can't play as bad as they did down here last season.

Hmmm. His language is a bit dramatic, but essentially he is correct.

We lost this fixture last year, say we need to win today is crazy. There is no chance we will go down this season, even though you seem to want us two. You need some hope in your life. I think we will finish top 8, we could be the only team along with WBA that can defend.

We have only played one team who have a decent attack so far and they put three past us!

Watford's attack looked pretty good yesterday.

Also arguably the five goals leaked in the first two games had a lot to do with us adjusting to the loss of Morgan, Toby and Bertrand. We have started to look a lot more solid now I have no doubt we'd beat Newcastle now and we would give Everton a much better game to.

Watford's attack looked pretty good yesterday.

Also arguably the five goals leaked in the first two games had a lot to do with us adjusting to the loss of Morgan, Toby and Bertrand. We have started to look a lot more solid now I have no doubt we'd beat Newcastle now and we would give Everton a much better game to.

Against bottom club Newcastle. Plus we played a back 7 almost against Watford.

We have only played one team out of five who will be a top half finisher so to judge our defence we just need to see how it does once we have played a more representative set of teams.

Edited by Saint Charlie

CPWesiLWwAEUcx7.png

so something like this:

stekelenburg

yoshida

fonte

van dijk

targett

wanyama

romeu

tadic

jwp

mane

pelle

i would have had davis for jwp and cedric for yoshida....

though tbf- i had a dream last night jwp would score a free kick! todays his day. coyr

Bad transfer window defensively. Bought 2 right backs and they're left on the bench in favour of a left footed dodgy centre half. I like Yoshida as cover but he really shouldn't have to start at right back.

we bought VvD and yoshida is still starting against united

ffs

Why are we playing Yoshida at RB? Saw some stats the other day that said Cedric was the best performing RB currently in the Pl so why the hell our we playing a CB there?

Because cedric is good going forward not so hot defensively and would be bullied by the pace qnd power of Depay. Solid back six against an attacking United line up with mane and Tadic to provide the creativity. HTH pal.

We're weak at full back but I can see why Koeman didn't play Cedric. As good as he is going forward, he's not that great of a defender and that forward line of United's is dangerous.

bit of a crap signing then really. if he cant start against a decent side and is supposed to be our number 1 RB

Bad transfer window defensively. Bought 2 right backs and they're left on the bench in favour of a left footed dodgy centre half. I like Yoshida as cover but he really shouldn't have to start at right back.

I'm not sure that Maya is left footed..I mean he has a left foot but I don't think he uses it overmuch..well apart from standing on that is.