Utd Build Up Thread

Wiggles31

Bertrand not fit for this one but should be for Swansea.

Clasie longer.

Targett will need to be better against Martial, Mata or Depay than he has against the wide players so far. Not having a go, but they are a big step up from the players he has semi struggled with so far.

Cometh the hour cometh the man.

Have faith

I have serious reservations over the competence of Paul Merson and have just had those thoughts confirmed . His SKY predictions read "Although United have been winning games I can't see it here" and goes on to predict a 1 - 3 score.Is he for real?

He said 1-1.

Going for a 2-0 win to saints

Those press conferences are becoming more and more rediculous. If questions are off topic the journalist should be told to to address Southampton related or the actual game topics or leave the room.

Talk about dumb questions. Do you have to have to own any intelligence these days to be a journalist ? For Gods sake let a fan go in and ask the questions and make the journo's sit and take notes..... Pathetic! Who the hell was he?

One thing I will say is that I doubt we'll see Soares flying forward as much as he does as he'll have to keep tabs on Depay, who Koeman knows about!

Perhaps Koeman knows that Memphis is not keen on tracking back which will give Soares licence to push on.

We're at home, seize the initiative. Make their wide men mark our full-backs in their half.

That's all well and good but behind him will be Blind who is great at regaining possession. If he manages to nick the ball from Soares then Depay will murder him down that flank. I'm not saying he needs to sit back the whole game, just choose his moments more carefully. There are going to be a lot of answers on our full backs after this game. I know UTD aren't at their best but their wide players are quality!

That's all well and good but behind him will be Blind who is great at regaining possession. If he manages to nick the ball from Soares then Depay will murder him down that flank. I'm not saying he needs to sit back the whole game, just choose his moments more carefully. There are going to be a lot of answers on our full backs after this game. I know UTD aren't at their best but their wide players are quality!

Blind will have his hands full trying to stop Mane running past him.

Those press conferences are becoming more and more rediculous. If questions are off topic the journalist should be told to to address Southampton related or the actual game topics or leave the room.

Talk about dumb questions. Do you have to have to own any intelligence these days to be a journalist ? For Gods sake let a fan go in and ask the questions and make the journo's sit and take notes..... Pathetic! Who the hell was he?

In fairness the most ridiculous line of questioning this week was about avoiding a repeat of the pitch invasion last time Villa played West Brom, with Pulis and Sherwood being all earnest and issuing calm advice. Effing retarded. Last years pitch invasion was because Villa had got to Wembley for the FA Cup semi, not because they happened to beat flippin' West Bromwich Albion. There will be no invasion this weekend.

If either of them get to Wembley this year, them fans are on the pitch. Again.

In fairness the most ridiculous line of questioning this week was about avoiding a repeat of the pitch invasion last time Villa played West Brom, with Pulis and Sherwood being all earnest and issuing calm advice. Effing retarded. Last years pitch invasion was because Villa had got to Wembley for the FA Cup semi, not because they happened to beat flippin' West Bromwich Albion. There will be no invasion this weekend.

If either of them get to Wembley this year, them fans are on the pitch. Again.

I'd love to able to invade a pitch to celebrate getting to a cup final...:(

Can only see a heavy defeat. We can't create and our defense is suspect . Man U will have a field day .

At least Koeman will claim we should have won and that the ref was poor afterwards .

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Except that's Never happened before, has it? Muppet.

It hasn't ? Each game he has trotted out the same old excuse . We played better , we had more possession, better chances , ref was poor ( euro games especially ) .

He seems oblivious to what actually happens .

I wouldn't be unhappy if he doesn't extend his contract .

Thanks for the insult though ?

What Joy Battenburg on the Whistle for the game, and Brenda chum the 4th official. 13 men for United then.

Not sure I follow. Why would a "Friend of Brenda" want to see Man Utd beat us? Surely, if anything, he would have an antiMU bias if he favours Liverpool?

It hasn't ? Each game he has trotted out the same old excuse . We played better , we had more possession, better chances , ref was poor ( euro games especially ) .

Thanks for the insult though ?

Sorry, should have realised you were a WUM.

Sorry should have realised that any opinion different to yours means you should be subject to abuse and derision .

Mug

If that's your 'opinion', then I feel for you.

Though it must be difficult when someone's got a hand up your arse all the time.

Can only see a heavy defeat. We can't create and our defense is suspect . Man U will have a field day .

At least Koeman will claim we should have won and that the ref was poor afterwards .

A suspect defence that has conceded how many goals in our last three prem matches?

Thanks for the insult though

When you consider that RK for much of the League season so far has had to play the likes of Ward-Prowse, Targett and to a lesser extent Steve Davis, he really has started the season well. I don't hear him complaining and offering excuses too often.

they will though martial's pace ;)

Perhaps we could just set up a 100 metre sprint before the game, their pacey player against our pacey player? Winner gets three points, and we don't bother playing the match? Think of the benefits, no injuries, no red or yellow cards, I think we're on to something here ;)