Utd Build Up Thread

Wiggles31

Here we go (Shots, Shots on target [sOT]) pG=per game.

Goals Team

11 Manchester City

11 Leicester

11 West Ham

8 Norwich

8 Crystal Palace

8 Everton

7 Chelsea

7 Swansea

6 Manchester United

6 Aston Villa

6 Bournemouth

6 Sunderland

5 Arsenal

5 Southampton

4 Tottenham

3 Watford

3 Liverpool

3 West Bromwich Albion

3 Stoke

2 Newcastle United

Just fixing the data!

Goals, Shots, Shots On Target, Shots per game, Shots On target per game, Shots per goal, Shots On target per Goal, Team

R	Team	       Goals  Shots    SOT      Spg    SOTpg    SpGl    SOTpGl
13	West Ham	11	57	19	11.4	3.8	5.18	1.73	West Ham
8	Leicester	11	67	23	13.4	4.6	6.09	2.09	Leicester
19	Sunderland	6	46	14	9.2	2.8	7.67	2.33	Sunderland
17	Bournemouth	6	51	15	10.2	3	8.50	2.50	Bournemouth
14	Aston Villa	6	55	16	11	3.2	9.17	2.67	Aston Villa
16	Everton	        8	52	22	10.4	4.4	6.50	2.75	Everton
6	Norwich	        8	73	24	14.6	4.8	9.13	3.00	Norwich
11	Crystal Palace	8	61	24	12.2	4.8	7.63	3.00	Crystal Palace
12	Manchester Utd	6	58	18	11.6	3.6	9.67	3.00	Manchester United
4	Chelsea	        7	77	22	15.4	4.4	11.00	3.14	Chelsea
2	Manchester City	11	93	36	18.6	7.2	8.45	3.27	Manchester City
7	Swansea	        7	73	32	14.6	6.4	10.43	4.57	Swansea
15	West Brom	3	53	14	10.6	2.8	17.67	4.67	West Bromwich Albion
3	Southampton	5	83	25	16.6	5	16.60	5.00	Southampton
20	Newcastle 	2	35	10	7	2	17.50	5.00	Newcastle United
9	Watford	        3	64	16	12.8	3.2	21.33	5.33	Watford
18	Stoke	        3	49	17	9.8	3.4	16.33	5.67	Stoke
10	Liverpool	3	62	18	12.4	3.6	20.67	6.00	Liverpool
5	Tottenham	4	76	27	15.2	5.4	19.00	6.75	Tottenham
1	Arsenal	        5	112	39	22.4	7.8	22.40	7.80	Arsenal

Edited by The9

Hang on' date=' West Ham score with just about every shot they have on goal :eek:[/quote']

1 in Every 1.73 shots on target is a goal for them, 5.18 shots for every goal though.

Ours is 1:5 of the shots on target and 1:16.6 of all shots.

That says that West Ham's ALL shots conversion percentage is about the same as our ON TARGET shots percentage, which is mental - but we're still better than Watford, Stoke, Liverpool, Spurs and Arsenal at converting chances... figures will be above in a mo.

Edited by The9

Let me re-sort and re-present the data.

Ah I see - so basically we have 5 shots on target per game but we only score every 3.5 shots on target. Which means at this rate we're good for a goal a game on average - lets hope we don't win any games by anything other than 1-0 :lol:

It's annoying that there are a multitude of other teams who create less chances (or have less shots on target) and yet are more efficient.

This is a little off-topic, I may create a new post.

It's worth it, because the other thing to consider in all this is whether we create a lot of chances because of the good players we have (yet they are not good finishers) and other teams create less because they have players who aren't as good but are better finishers.

And of course the best teams have the players who create and finish.

They aren't too confident according to the Redcafe, I don't know why as they always get a lucky win at our place (note to Jose please look before passing back and Martin feel free to come and claim crossed balls into the 6yrd box)

http://www.redcafe.net/matches/southampton-vs-manchester-united.60/discussion

Amazing that given our form so far this season some of them think we are going to win. Can see another 0-0 goalfest with their limited striker options.

So Blind at left back I guess? Disrupts the whole defence, maybe Rojo in. We can get at them. Hope he leaves Schneiderlin out again, that'd help.

Schneiderlin will no doubt be keen to score against us, as he will be desperate for a chance to "not celebrate", an accolade on par with the goal itself in the modern footballer's eyes...

Schneiderlin will no doubt be keen to score against us, as he will be desperate for a chance to "not celebrate", an accolade on par with the goal itself in the modern footballer's eyes...

If he even plays, LvG seems to have gone off him for some reason or other, unless of course the vicious kick that he took against the Serbs has had some sort of sequel that hampers him in some way.

Although guess Koeman might be weird and not play Romeu at all, could be Davis and JWP again, which I'd happily never have in the same starting 11 again.

You're right, it would be terrible to have them in the starting XI together again like we did with Norwich, I mean that was a disaster wasn't it.

Must admit though I cannot see any justification for playing JWP when we have Romeu.

Please no one sing "Do you come from Manchester" or "We support our local team". UTD have probably the biggest (and loudest) away following in the premier league and most of them do actually travel down from Manchester!

It's cringe worthy and small time.

Are you the supporter supervisor?

Please no one sing "Do you come from Manchester" or "We support our local team". UTD have probably the biggest (and loudest) away following in the premier league and most of them do actually travel down from Manchester!

I'll be singing and booing what I like !

Not as Cringe worthy as telling other people what they can and can't do at the football.................

About as cringe worthy and small time as fawning over another club's supporters.

"Have you ever seen the sun" would not come amiss though.

Umm I pay my money I think I'll sing what the **** I like thanks.

I think we'll get at least a draw. Much more confident with VVD at the back. I'd go with:

Stek

Cedric, Fonte, VVD, Targett

Wanyama, Romeu

Jrod, Mane, Tadic

Pelle

Though I expect Davis will start in the middle with Mane right and Jrod on the bench.

for a defensive team like us. I cannot see us starting with that many forwards against united

They will exploit targett for sure. I think if depay/mata (not sure who plays on the right these days) have a stormer then we're doomed

Coming from Norway, I watched parts of the U21 match ENG-NOR. Martin Ødegaard(Real Madrid) used Targett as a cone a couple of times .

That said,, Targett did a decent match against Baggies. United is a different squad though. Not hard to foresee guys like Martial, Memphis challenge him 1/1. Bertrand not fully operational, but IMO he feels better as a starter. Targett entering mid-match maybe.

I don't know who the prat was asking the questions but it made the news conference into an event that should have been cancelled. A total waste if time. Not what Southampton fans want to hear. Shaw, Van Gaal, Schneiderlin, DePay, who cares. What is the state of our injuries is of more interest.

Bertrand not fit for this one but should be for Swansea.

Clasie longer.

Targett will need to be better against Martial, Mata or Depay than he has against the wide players so far. Not having a go, but they are a big step up from the players he has semi struggled with so far.

Edited by Saint Charlie

I don't know who the prat was asking the questions but it made the news conference into an event that should have been cancelled. A total waste if time. Not what Southampton fans want to hear. Shaw, Van Gaal, Schneiderlin, DePay, who cares. What is the state of our injuries is of more interest.

Couldn't agree more. You could also sense that Koeman was getting p*ssed off answering questions about Depay; I think there were three questions. We don't give a monkeys.