SAINTS vs Leicester Build Up Thread

nta786

So, does the starting 11 pretty much pick itself this weekend (subject to no injuries)?

Steklenberg

Cedric - Fonte - DvD - Bertrand

Wanyama - JWP

Mane - Davis - Tadic

Pelle

Subs: K.Davis or Gazza, Targett or Martina, Yoshida or Caulker, [3 of 4: Romeu, Jaunmi, Clasie, Long (injured?)], JRod

Edit: initially forgot Juanmi. Competition for the bench is hotting up!

Edited by trousers

So, does the starting 11 pretty much pick itself this weekend (subject to no injuries)?

Steklenberg

Wanyama - JWP

Mane - Davis - Tadic

Pelle

Subs: K.Davis or Gazza, Targett or Martina, Yoshida or Caulker, [3 of 4: Romeu, Jaunmi, Clasie, Long (injured?)], JRod

DvD, lol. Hope that isn't David Van Day (of Dollar) fame. Fans of a certain age would remember him. Later seen with a burger van....

Koeman when asked about potentially leaving Southampton for the Holland job: "No way. No possibility."

Went on to say maybe in the future, but he has another year with Southampton after this current season.

Criticised the make-up of the Dutch FA, saying it's 'crazy' that there is no football man on the board.

Won't rule out managing Holland in future, but it depends on certain things happening in Holland.

Steklenberg

Wanyama - JWP

Mane - Davis - Tadic

Pelle

I think you are close.

Steklenberg

Cedric - Fonte - VvD - Bertrand

Wanyama - Romeu

Mane - Davis - Tadic

Pelle

Leicester can score goals. I think you come out defense in the back 7. And although this really only leaves 4 in-play offensive playmakers, all 4 are in really good form right now.

Romeu hasn't travelled, so he should be well rested. How many more yellows for him before a suspension? 1?

Not to discredit Leicester this season who have clearly pushed on since last season but they haven't actually beaten anyone half decent this season. Lets hope we play to our capabilities in the game and I think we should be ok.

Regarding Clasie, they say never change a winning team but when VvD signed he came straight into the team off the back of a 3-0 win against Norwich so assuming Koeman rates Clasie highly we'll see who he really rates of the Davis / JWP / Romeu trio as two of them will miss out if Clasie starts (assuming Wanyama is an automatic starter).

Not to discredit Leicester this season who have clearly pushed on since last season but they haven't actually beaten anyone half decent this season. Lets hope we play to our capabilities in the game and I think we should be ok.

Regarding Clasie, they say never change a winning team but when VvD signed he came straight into the team off the back of a 3-0 win against Norwich so assuming Koeman rates Clasie highly we'll see who he really rates of the Davis / JWP / Romeu trio as two of them will miss out if Clasie starts (assuming Wanyama is an automatic starter).

If Clasie starts, it'll be next to Wanyama, in place of Romeu/JWP.

If Clasie starts, it'll be next to Wanyama, in place of Romeu/JWP.

That is what I think myself however someone on here mentioned that Clasie has also been playing in the Davis role in training which would mean any of Davis, Romeu or JWP could play next to Wanyama as well.

Personally I like the sound of Wanyama, Clasie and Davis with JWP and Romeu on the bench but as we've seen this season Koeman likes to change the balance of the midfield based on the quality of the opposition and how much of the ball he expects to see so who knows. I expect us to be better on the ball than Leicester but they are very direct and very quick so how what direction he takes will be interesting to see.

Is Mahrez a doubt for them?

it would be great if he was out, but from the sound of this i think he will be fit.

http://www.lcfc.com/news/article/ranieris-injury-update-dyer-mahrez-schlupp-2745395.aspx

just says he got back late and didn't train, rather than mention any specific injury , Nathan Dyer is bound to score against us as well!

I think this will be a really entertaining game , they seem to be full of confidence and should be out to attack us rather than sit back so i'm going for 3-2 win.

I look at a few sites but can't say I've seen anyone suggesting we're "world beaters", guess we've all got woppers that like to talk sh*te.

"A quick trawl on their sites and after a 3 1 success at a poor Chelsea they are suddenly world beaters. We are a lucky side full of grafters, and our wins this season have come against poor sides, etc, etc. I think it's great to be written off before a ball is kicked hope their team is as cocky as some of their fans. It isn't going to be easy but we have nothing to fear here. Hope Mane does not do his diving act like he did at the kp last season. I am going for a 2 1 win to us for this"

http://www.foxestalk.co.uk/forums/topic/102803-saints-away-next-early-thoughts/page-7

I'm going with the majority view, tough game between 2 decent sides. Think we'll edge it :p

"A quick trawl on their sites and after a 3 1 success at a poor Chelsea they are suddenly world beaters. We are a lucky side full of grafters, and our wins this season have come against poor sides, etc, etc. I think it's great to be written off before a ball is kicked hope their team is as cocky as some of their fans. It isn't going to be easy but we have nothing to fear here. Hope Mane does not do his diving act like he did at the kp last season. I am going for a 2 1 win to us for this"

http://www.foxestalk.co.uk/forums/topic/102803-saints-away-next-early-thoughts/page-7

The 'Big Book of Football Forum Clichés' has taken a pasting there, with bonus [insert name of form player and pick on a trait they're known for] comment.

About as insightful as referring to Ranieri as 'the Tinkerman'.

--------Stekelenburg

Cedric Fonte VVD Bertrand

------Wanyama JWP

Mane ----Davis-------Tadic

-----------Pelle

I can't see it NOT being this.

Bench has a Long-shaped hole on it, I wonder if we'll use a Dev squad player (McQueen deserves a look) instead of the relatively pointless use of Caulker/Targett I've put here: Gk, Yoshida, Caulker/Targett, Romeu, Clasie, Juanmi, Rodriguez.

I can't see it NOT being this.

Bench has a Long-shaped hole on it, I wonder if we'll use a Dev squad player (McQueen deserves a look) instead of the relatively pointless use of Caulker/Targett I've put here: Gk, Yoshida, Caulker/Targett, Romeu, Clasie, Juanmi, Rodriguez.

More likely to be Martina than Caulker / Targett I reckon.