Saints announce fans' forum with Krueger, Reed and Koeman - October 19th

Saint-Armstrong

Not surprised at all to hear there were so many pointless questions and fans bugging themselves up st this event....

The amount of numpties who come on here before a game telling everyone why they won't be able to make the match .... Nobody actually cares, it's not important what you do or relevant.... Some people actually think it's important that they are a fan - it's not .... Only to you...

As for women's football - and whether a comment could be construed as sexist and therefore offensive is wasted energy.....

I have not listened to the recording of the forum but it sounded aweful....

Very glad I wasn't there to endure it....

So few people seem interested in asking first team technical football questions .....

Maybe the people you criticise so much can actually spell awful

Not surprised at all to hear there were so many pointless questions and fans bugging themselves up st this event....

The amount of numpties who come on here before a game telling everyone why they won't be able to make the match .... Nobody actually cares, it's not important what you do or relevant.... Some people actually think it's important that they are a fan - it's not .... Only to you...

As for women's football - and whether a comment could be construed as sexist and therefore offensive is wasted energy.....

I have not listened to the recording of the forum but it sounded aweful....

Very glad I wasn't there to endure it....

So few people seem interested in asking first team technical football questions .....

So you didn't go, haven't listened to it but it was awful yet wasted all that energy telling us that. However you know that few people seemed interested in technical questions.

If you had been there maybe you would have heard some good stuff from Ron and Les plus there were probably 30 hands in the air not answered including my technical questions !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So you didn't go, haven't listened to it but it was awful yet wasted all that energy telling us that. However you know that few people seemed interested in technical questions.

If you had been there maybe you would have heard some good stuff from Ron and Les plus there were probably 30 hands in the air not answered including my technical questions !

Serious question.

Did you get annoyed when a couple of those asking questions started rambling on.

Like the fella from Leicester?

Some right bootlickers on here that can't bare anyone to express an opinion and get very agitated when they do.

Bizarre. Its a forum for opinion incase you hadn't noticed.

No I can handle that ....what I get a bit narked about is those that live in Southampton couldn't be arsed to spend a quid and rant over and over on here about it.

Here is a suggestion - next time get up off your lazy arse and go and try and ask a question - it's not as simple as you think!

I found it quite enjoyable - apart from Ron nearly running me over in his Porsche Cayenne!

Because I can't bare to think badly of anyone at Saints FC I've decided to assume that Ralph meant it as an ironic joke to highlight how d*ckish it sounds making a "wife joke" to a woman asking a question about woman's sport.

Clever stuff Ralph.

Clearly by your use of "bare" rather than the correct word, "bear", I can only assume you spend your whole time thinking about men with their shirts off, which is an incredibly sexist position to adopt. Shame on you, an absolute disgrace.

You may note that knee-jerk overreactions work both ways.

Because I can't bare to think badly of anyone at Saints FC I've decided to assume that Ralph meant it as an ironic joke to highlight how d*ckish it sounds making a "wife joke" to a woman asking a question about woman's sport.

Clever stuff Ralph.

Shame that we're not going to see you bare, Lou.

Should be done like Question Time, that way AB does the introduction and knows the question to be asked. He and his producers could sift through the questions and choose the most relevant and interesting, from a journalistic point of view, therefore not being 'censored' by the club.

The problem with that is that Solent are going to be concerned that if they ask too many "interesting but difficult" questions, the club will just not hold the event, and without the 3 club reps, it's not much of an event.

I think you will find it's football. Not men's football, women's football or even "chick football". Is the latter where very young kids run around like headless chickens after the ball?

The point is that the club should only be doing something like this if it sees a tangible benefit - harvesting boys into a system that enables them to cherry-pick the top talent to support an academy system that underpins one of the club's main revenue streams for the Premier League football team has an obvious benefit - what's the equivalent for the "no-one cares and barely anyone watches" women's league? If it's equality it's garbage, if it's a revenue stream I can't see how it's going to be monetarised apart from the very small number of girls who were football fans but not Saints fans already, and that will be offset by costs.

Why would I get annoyed...its a fans forum FFS

Because the time spent absorbing irrelevant information about the question asker could instead have been spent eliciting useful information that everyone was interested in from the 3 people at the top table who people aren't usually in a position to get direct answers from. It would have annoyed the hell out of me.

Of course if you're a veteran of numerous fan forums you might be inert to this because you've seen it so often.

I went and I enjoyed it. I still got annoyed by some of the inane questions though and people making it all about them.

Sure, I understand that. It would have irritated me too so I didn't go. Everyone knows in advance pretty much what its going to be like, so you either decide to go because you enjoy these things or you stay at home. I just find it odd people choose not to go, and then moan about something they didn't want to go to.

I've been to a few in the past and enjoyed them. I enjoyed watching the one the other night.

That doesn't mean it was perfect and you have no right to suggest aspects were poor.

Just the same way that fans watching on TV can have an opinion just as those who went to a game can.

Just the same that when Saints win there can be some things you weren't totally happy with.

I've been to a few in the past and enjoyed them. I enjoyed watching the one the other night.

That doesn't mean it was perfect and you have no right to suggest aspects were poor.

Just the same way that fans watching on TV can have an opinion just as those who went to a game can.

Just the same that when Saints win there can be some things you weren't totally happy with.

Yes but there is a difference....you could try and influence the fans forum by going and sticking your hand up.....you can't sat at home!

One in my opinion gives you some sort of rights however difficult that maybe trying to get answered being one of 500 and only 2 microphones.

I actually said it 'sounded' awful. Not 'it was' awful !!!

Anyway, thank you for going on to justify my comments.... Obviously your question would have been good if only you could have been given the opportunity to ask it...

Most people seem to think the Forum (though a good chance to chat about the club) ....was a bit of " a downer " and poorly organised.

Next time....after New Year maybe?

...should issue cloakroom-style tickets to every entrant wanting to ask a question (surely not everyone). Questions answered by lot, and limited to 5 mins.each.

If someone beats you to the subject you have chosen....tough ...move on. Should get through 20-30 different question topics in a couple of hours...

Amazing that no has has picked up 'the' most relevant and what 'should be' the most important thing to Southampton fans to come out of the forum!...8 pages and not a single word of discussion about it on on here, unbelievable....Has everyone really now been trained to swallow the Club spin that much that an irrelevant Ladies side is seen way more worthy of discussion than a subjects that will define the very core of the Club over the coming years?

During the forum Reed said 18 months ago he made a 5 year plan....So what's the plan? is it Champions League? he's mentioned the words a few times...Is it an FA cup win? regular Euro soccer? Premier League survival?....Whats the plan and more importantly why hasn't he told us, the fans?...why is it 5 years? is there something in particular the Club believe they need 5 years to achieve? or is he just mimicking Cortese like he often does...or plucked a figure from the air?.......Is there really a 5 year plan or is he just saying that to give the impression he's actually in control of something?....Again, why hasn't he made his plan public? does he lack the conviction of the precious guy who had a successful 5 year plan? and more importantly why do saints fans seem to not give a **** what it is?

Amazing that no has has picked up 'the' most relevant and what 'should be' the most important thing to Southampton fans to come out of the forum!...8 pages and not a single word of discussion about it on on here, unbelievable....Has everyone really now been trained to swallow the Club spin that much that an irrelevant Ladies side is seen way more worthy of discussion than a subjects that will define the very core of the Club over the coming years?

During the forum Reed said 18 months ago he made a 5 year plan....So what's the plan? is it Champions League? he's mentioned the words a few times...Is it an FA cup win? regular Euro soccer? Premier League survival?....Whats the plan and more importantly why hasn't he told us, the fans?...why is it 5 years? is there something in particular the Club believe they need 5 years to achieve? or is he just mimicking Cortese like he often does...or plucked a figure from the air?.......Is there really a 5 year plan or is he just saying that to give the impression he's actually in control of something?....Again, why hasn't he made his plan public? does he lack the conviction of the precious guy who had a successful 5 year plan? and more importantly why do saints fans seem to not give a **** what it is?

Thought this was answered but was less football plan but more business to drive revenue to help the football side grow. The club has said European football and trophies are the aim and what they are working towards. Putting a date on winning something in football is largely futile. Let's face it, saying get in the premier league in 5 years is a little more easy to realistically commit to than winning the Champions League.

Because we are more worried about the archaic gun laws in America! :)

As for mimicking Cortese. I didn't realise he was being sued by Frannie or that he was planning to change the kit to a sub standard Liverpool copy again.

Because it's not the most important thing.... What it was from Ralph was the statement "that no matter what else we do the number one thing is Ronald and the first team"

That's just normal Ralph spin and bull**** and nothing to do with strategic planning......There would be something very very wrong with any Club that didn't prioritize it's first team

Thought this was answered but was less football plan but more business to drive revenue to help the football side grow. The club has said European football and trophies are the aim and what they are working towards. Putting a date on winning something in football is largely futile. Let's face it, saying get in the premier league in 5 years is a little more easy to realistically commit to than winning the Champions League.

Again, normal business practice...there would be something very very wrong with any business that didn't drive revenue to help it's main income source grow.

On the other hand, any business that doesn't have clearly defined goals and idea's with means to achieve them, is almost certainly doomed drift around until it's ultimate failure....

Even if a company doesn't meet it's goals, it will have the data to compare against it's forecast ed plan and help find the improvement needed for success....a Soccer Club is no different.

This lot have done nothing at all to suggest there's any kind of strategic planning, goals, ambition or even any kind of strong leadership at the Club other than Reed saying they have a plan but not saying what it is and Ralph telling anyone that will listen that he's a great leader....No wonder the last Coach walked out and this one's hedging his bets, he's clearly not privy to any kind of plan either and has no idea of the level of the Club's ambition for the coming years, he even had to ask the question during the forum......Unless things change, that's only going to end in tears.

The fans forum would have been the perfect stage for the Club to make the so called "Plan" public, but instead we got what's become the same old, same old waffle with the usual casually mentioned Europa or Champions League thrown out there with no intent or commitment just to pacify peeps and it seems 99.9% of Saints fans are more than happy with that so Que Sera, Sera i guess.

You could always do a BBC Question Time thing where they pre-pick appropriate questions e-mailed from guests in advance. But then we'd probably have a more vociferous discussion about cherry picking and what was deemed "appropriate".

I thought on the whole it was ok as it was, and the panel did pretty well. I didn't go but watched it on youtube.

That's just normal Ralph spin and bull**** and nothing to do with strategic planning......There would be something very very wrong with any Club that didn't prioritize it's first team

Again, normal business practice...there would be something very very wrong with any business that didn't drive revenue to help it's main income source grow.

On the other hand, any business that doesn't have clearly defined goals and idea's with means to achieve them, is almost certainly doomed drift around until it's ultimate failure....

Even if a company doesn't meet it's goals, it will have the data to compare against it's forecast ed plan and help find the improvement needed for success....a Soccer Club is no different.

This lot have done nothing at all to suggest there's any kind of strategic planning, goals, ambition or even any kind of strong leadership at the Club other than Reed saying they have a plan but not saying what it is and Ralph telling anyone that will listen that he's a great leader....No wonder the last Coach walked out and this one's hedging his bets, he's clearly not privy to any kind of plan either and has no idea of the level of the Club's ambition for the coming years, he even had to ask the question during the forum......Unless things change, that's only going to end in tears.

The fans forum would have been the perfect stage for the Club to make the so called "Plan" public, but instead we got what's become the same old, same old waffle with the usual casually mentioned Europa or Champions League thrown out there with no intent or commitment just to pacify peeps and it seems 99.9% of Saints fans are more than happy with that so Que Sera, Sera i guess.

You forgot to mention the candy stripe thing, otherwise exceptional scattergun troll bombing. You'll get a couple of bites but imagine most people will get too bored after the first five or six obvious wind-ups.

5.2/10.

You forgot to mention the candy stripe thing, otherwise exceptional scattergun troll bombing. You'll get a couple of bites but imagine most people will get too bored after the first five or six obvious wind-ups.

5.2/10.

Too high, dunes new character is a shadow of his previous acts.

You lost me at 'soccer club' ;)

5.2/10.

Oh I don't know, I'm rabid about the apostrophes in "ideas" and "its".

• 4 weeks later...
Ralph told three people at the Forum that he would go away to find answers to their questions.

He was as good as his word and invited them in to speak to them personally.

Can't imagine Cortese doing that.

http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/14040517.Saint_Ted_gets_Krueger_meeting/

TBF I can't imagine many football league club chairman anywhere doing that. Fair play to the bloke.