Sunderland vs Saints Match Thread

Jimmy_D

I've been busting to say the game has passed him by but you run the risk of being labelled a JWP hater.

I agree that whenever I've seen JWP do anything it has always been something that slows the game or kills any attacking impetus. However, what we do risk with that substitution is leaving big holes in the midfield. Sunderland are defending well but are not threatening, I'd be inclined to say let's keep working with our current hand than risk letting them grab a goal - then it really would be tough to break them down!

Seriously starting to wonder if Koeman has been told to involve jwp by higher powers. The boy does nothing at all. I don't mean to criticise him as if he is picked he has to play. But right now he is statistically our worst midfielder and he is showing why again in this game. We need someone who can influence the game in that position and he just can't do that.

that first half from us came across as lackadaisical and almost disinterested in exerting too much effort, same as when we enter second halves after leading the scoring. So it seems to me that our players are cocky and overconfident and this is the reason we don't play at our best. Too much ego in this team is what holds us back from taking the next step up. Until we overcome this problem we will continue to get disappointing draws or losses against teams that we should be beating relatively comfortably.

How did we not score this?

Mané had a great strike as well but a great double save from Panty.

Tadic is having a bit of a mare - think he has marmite each game.

VVD is solid and keeping Fletcher at bay. I expect Fletcher to get booked 2nd half as he's very frustrated by VVD.