Swansea vs Southampton Match thread

Shance

Cedric needs to come on at HT

Koeman said he wanted a more attacking player there but IMO Cedric makes more attacking runs than Davis has.

I would shift Davis to where JWP has been and put Cedric on for JWP.

Probably also Mane shortly after HT.

There is a win available with a little more attacking quality.

Koeman said he wanted a more attacking player there but IMO Cedric makes more attacking runs than Davis has.

I would shift Davis to where JWP has been and put Cedric on for JWP.

Probably also Mane shortly after HT.

There is a win available with a little more attacking quality.

I think you've nailed it.

Do you bother watching the rest of the team?

Yeah. We have little movement up top centrally again. Long is working the channels wel, but Pelle is so slow and does not work their defenders anywhere near enough

Their keeper has barely a save to make as yet

I find it amazing that Koeman cannot see how much poorer our attacking play is with Pelle on the pitch.

I don't think JWP has done much wrong. He's put in a decent defensive shift and got forward to support the attackers on the rare occasions we have had some possession in their half.

Davis is wasted at RWB though. I can't see why you would choose to put him there ahead of Cedric who has been very good in that role recently.

Disgusting attacking display. Absolutely rank. Not sure what Koeman is thinking with this selection.

Pelle is a complete waste of a shirt and Davis is not a wing-back; he can't tackle, he can't win 50/50s and he can't go on the over/under lap.

Get Pelle off and get Mane on. Get Cedric on for Davis or Romeu (yellow card!).

Disgusting attacking display. Absolutely rank. Not sure what Koeman is thinking with this selection.

Pelle is a complete waste of a shirt and Davis is not a wing-back; he can't tackle, he can't win 50/50s and he can't go on the over/under lap.

Get Pelle off and get Mane on. Get Cedric on for Davis or Romeu (yellow card!).

Davis has been fine ffs.

Pelle i agree with though, he doesn't suit us anymore.

Pretty ****e so far it has to be said.

I don't want to knock pelle because he has done a good job for us... but he should not be in our starting 11 (certainly not on this form)... He is pedestrian, slows down all our play and gives the ball away time and time again... Replace him with Mane or Tadic second half and we'll create so many chances against what is a very below average swansea side.

I've seen Pelle ambling about but he has also had some good touches. Started poorly but hasn't been atrocious.

I'm all for keeping possession but when we have a chance to push on, it's bloody frustrating when it goes back and back and eventually back to Forster who lumps it forward and we lose it anyway...

He can however deliver a cross that should have been buried by Long [he can also do all of the things that you claim he can't, but agree he is not best suited to the position]

HT Summary:

1. We have been very comfortable but poor in attack.

2. Davis RWB doesn't work and Swansea only have one striker so do we even need 3 CBs?

3. If Pelle plays then surely you supply him from wide areas. Davis and Targett have barely got forward.

4. JWP doesnt do enough as an advanced midfielder. Davis far superior in that role and in this game could even play Mane there.

5. We really should win this with a little more attacking quality.

Davis has been fine ffs.

Pelle i agree with though, he doesn't suit us anymore.

Yeah Davis sent in that delicious cross that Long should have scored from

I still not sure i see him as a natural wingback but he's putting in a shift for us.

Pelle, he's been largely anonymous with a couple of decent touches but given how much long is winning aerially what we need is another outlet for the quick counter, which is Mane.

Swansea's strongest weakness are the fullbacks yet we are not attacking them. That's what happens when you field 5 central midfielders. Tadic or Mane would eat them alive, even if they are not in good form.

Koeman showed too much respect IMHO.

Targett isn't attacking enough, and Davis isn't a RWB. I wouldn't be surprised if Koeman one day decides to play him as a goalie.