Swansea vs Southampton Match thread

Shance

I've seen Pelle ambling about but he has also had some good touches. Started poorly but hasn't been atrocious.

I'm all for keeping possession but when we have a chance to push on, it's bloody frustrating when it goes back and back and eventually back to Forster who lumps it forward and we lose it anyway...

On here he`s poor before we even ko, but you are right he has not been atrocious

I honestly think that Koeman has set us up in the first half to keep a clean sheet and get Swansea running after the ball. So far so good but i'd make two changes within the first 10 minutes of the second half and really push Swansea back.

Comfortable but frustrating. At least Pelle has started playing the way he is facing after a few poor flicks which lost possession. As others have said, Davis experiment not working and no creativity in the midfield. Romeu has played well, very unlucky to have been booked.

JWP, Romeu, Clasie, Van Dijk have all been good. Rest, not so.....difficult game with very little space and a congested midfield and little creativity.

Crying out for Mane up top with Long........the only times we have looked dangerous have been when Long has used his pace.

Cedric for Davis and Mane for Pelle at HT would be good.

Always a boring game away at Swansea and this is no different. We have just parked the bus with the odd foray forward. Romeu looks like the only midfielder likely to get up and support the two up front. Maybe keep it tight and press second half is the plan. I bloody hope so, as we are not exactly going all out for a win so far.

Everyone says you can't question Koemans selections because of the recent form, but he got a lot of decisions wrong when we weren't winning IMO, so why can't you question him now?

Mine would be. Why isn't Soares playing? He offers far more in attack down the wing than any of our centre midfielders.

Still at 0-0 the game is there for the taking and maybe today will be when Mane finds his form again...

Always a boring game away at Swansea and this is no different. We have just parked the bus with the odd foray forward. Romeu looks like the only midfielder likely to get up and support the two up front. Maybe keep it tight and press second half is the plan. I bloody hope so, as we are not exactly going all out for a win so far.

Everyone says you can't question Koemans selections because of the recent form, but he got a lot of decisions wrong when we weren't winning IMO, so why can't you question him now?

Mine would be. Why isn't Soares playing? He offers far more in attack down the wing than any of our centre midfielders.

Still at 0-0 the game is there for the taking and maybe today will be when Mane finds his form again...

Spot on. Strange that RK sees Davis as a better offensive option than Cedric. However we have plenty of creative and attacking players on the bench. Hopefully grab another 1-0

My only problem with Koeman really is that he seems to enjoy changing things a bit too much. On a good run with a team full of confidence, keep them together...