Saints Transfers Thread - Deadline Day

Saint Charlie

not sure you get this forum

a Summer transfer target rumour on the Summer transfer targets thread?

wierdo

Sorry my bad

The club is ****, Les reed is ****, why can't we spend loads of money, I want my favourite player to stay, this sort of thing never happens to other clubs.... is that better?

The club want to be "CL ready" by 2020. It's in the 5 year plan. We are still going to spend some pretty big money this window but we are putting some away as well. Have a think about what would make us CL ready that needs saving up for...

As fans we want it all now. Now now now, spend spend spend. We're expanding our fan base. We're building something great.

Which is interesting point how much is this attempted foray into the US with saints academies to spread the saints brand costing the club.

Can we not just have a thread for Guan,K-Billy and AR-10, so instead of me trawling through pages on pages of the same old tripe I can get any real updates in one click

I remember we had one last year for them

Can we not just have a thread for Guan,K-Billy and AR-10, so instead of me trawling through pages on pages of the same old tripe I can get any real updates in one click

I remember we had one last year for them

Didn't see anyone seem to notice AR-10's post on the previous page. Seems more positive after Guan's post earlier

Almost definitely a different player.

Because the player I said we are trying to get over line, I know that the bid was ACCEPTED and the response

from the player was a green light and but it's not done, likely wrangling over terms. Presumably.

The poster above (Guan) could be talking about the 2nd player, as we are definitely in for 2, but I don't

expect that to exceed the fee paid for Dani Osvaldo, but this is football and we are in the closing stages

of the window and he may have different information.

I really like Heisenberg.

His trolling though not expert, hooks loads of 'fish'.

His tongue in cheek comments bring loads of indignant replies.

Keep it up Heisenberg, I for one appreciate the humour you bring to this board.

As an aside, Is your handle Heisenberg taken from 'Breaking Bad' or the quantum mechanic physicist.

It's my middle name....given out of love n respect for Werner Heisenberg

First time in a while I've found myself questioning the club. I'm never normally pessimistic but I think it takes someone extremely positive to not see that this summer has been sh*t. We need to spend more money as we are significantly weaker than last season. Not asking for us to spend huge amounts but I think it's realistic to expect us to spend what we have brought in from transfer fees at the very minimum.

I am a serial happy clapper but, alas, not so at this moment in time.

We are, undoubtedly, weaker now than at the end of last season. In addition to this we are also playing a system that really does not (to me at least) seem to suit some of our better players.

When I was sat in the Kingsland on Saturday watching us struggling to break down a poor Watford there was not a single player on our bench who I thought could come on and weave some magic to turn things around.

We seriously do need to sign a couple of good quality AMs/FWDs. Long, Redmond and Tadic are not going to be able to play every match, and it doesn't seem that Puel is willing to change shape to make the most of Austin (something he should have done for the last 15 minutes on Saturday). I'm not saying we need to spend a fortune, but we do need players good enough to walk into the first team.

Having finished 6th and qualified for Europe this summer was the perfect time to push on. However, at present, it looks/feels as if we are stepping back and pausing for a breather instead.

As things stand, I will be surprised if we finish above 10th. Here's hoping for a productive next 2 weeks. If only the transfer window closed before the season started..........

Is Level 4 good? it sounds low or maybe high...I'm not really sure. It seems Glasgow is the only person who actually knows WTF he is talking about.

All I know is Stoke is at a much higher level than us despite us finishing higher than them three seasons in a row (that doesn't count) and us having a higher wage bill than them (which also, er, doesn't count either).

I wish we were level 3 like them.

Didn't see anyone seem to notice AR-10's post on the previous page. Seems more positive after Guan's post earlier

Tbf, he's got no history in getting anything correct either, whereas KBilly and Guan have previous ITK credentials and know each other. I fully believe those two, the rest I'm yet to be convinced by.

Tbf, he's got no history in getting anything correct either, whereas KBilly and Guan have previous ITK credentials and know each other. I fully believe those two, the rest I'm yet to be convinced by.

True, but Guan wouldn't back him as ITK if his info was false

All I know is Stoke is at a much higher level than us despite us finishing higher than them three seasons in a row (that doesn't count) and us having a higher wage bill than them (which also, er, doesn't count either).

I wish we were level 3 like them.

Top paid player at Saints is on £55k a week, Stoke £70k a week, Leicester 100k, Everton 90k

Don't take it personally. It is what it is

Signing Boetius from Basel

quick internet search reveals a 22 year old dutch left winger

Jean-Paul Boëtius Characteristics

+ Strengths

Key passes Strong

Defensive contribution Strong

- Weaknesses

(Player has no significant weaknesses)

Jean-Paul Boëtius's Style of Play

Gets fouled often

Likes to play long balls

Likes to cut inside

Likes to tackle

Commits fouls often

I'm pretty sure Charlie Austin is on more than stokes figure Glasgow quoted as well

Must have been a completely different Charlie Austin whose wage demands David Sullivan was complaining about on Twitter.

The one we signed clearly joined us to breathe in the sea air.

Yet another article about Redmond on the OS - this time a statistical insight into his debut - seems coincidental given Guan's update on the potential incoming attacker (or lack thereof). Can't help but think that the amount of stuff we are pumping out about how good Redmond is and how he's going to be the next Henry is designed to soften the blow that there's no one else coming in. May be that I'm reading too much into it.

Top paid player at Saints is on £55k a week, Stoke £70k a week, Leicester 100k, Everton 90k

Don't take it personally. It is what it is

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/08/16/jose-fonte-offered-new-deal-at-southampton-amid-interest-from-jo/

Jeremy Wilson article stating we have offered Fonte a new contract on £70k a week to "push him up towards our top earners", thus implying there is more than one player on greater than £70k a week....

Must have been a completely different Charlie Austin whose wage demands David Sullivan was complaining about on Twitter.

The one we signed clearly joined us to breathe in the sea air.

I don't know who to trust between David Sullivan and Glasgow. Both the mark of upmost integrity.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/08/16/jose-fonte-offered-new-deal-at-southampton-amid-interest-from-jo/

Jeremy Wilson article stating we have offered Fonte a new contract on £70k a week to "push him up towards our top earners", thus implying there is more than one player on greater than £70k a week....

He also says that Redmond is our Mane replacement. :|

I still remember all the **** people gave Mané when he started due to the fairly average performances he gave. Why not give Redmond a bit of time? For one thing, and I am not saying that they are the same quality, Redmond's first match was a lot lot better than Mané's for us. I do think that because Mané was from over seas and unknown by most he could get away with it. Redmond though, Norwich, people think he struggled to get in their team, therefore must be crap.

I still remember all the **** people gave Mané when he started due to the fairly average performances he gave. Why not give Redmond a bit of time? For one thing, and I am not saying that they are the same quality, Redmond's first match was a lot lot better than Mané's for us. I do think that because Mané was from over seas and unknown by most he could get away with it. Redmond though, Norwich, people think he struggled to get in their team, therefore must be crap.

In Mane's first game he won a penalty for us in a win away at the Emirates so it was hardly a bad debut. He certainly didn't play as badly as Redmond did in the first half on Saturday!

Odd to talk about the club's resolve being tested if a big offer comes in.

Great news. My information was pre summer renewals so if what Jeremy is reporting then I'm very happy. Certainly moves us in the right direction. Sadly won't stop us losing players to level 2 clubs as they can (& do) pay players double what we do.

He is. He's at roughly the same level that Mané was when he arrived, and that was to be expected. We were never going to go out and buy the finished product for £30m plus. Just have to trust that Redmond will develop and improve as Mané did.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Is anyone watching Steaua vs Man City?

Just wondered if that Stanciu kid is playing who we were linked with earlier this summer.

Yep. Started, and captain.

And having as torrid a time as the rest of the team. Losing 0-5 now.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Edited by Shroppie

Because unlike you pal they understand the game and know class when they see it. However promising Redmond is, he's not a Mané.

:lol: It doesn't matter what I think of Redmond you muppet. The club clearly see him as Mane's replacement so what I think of Redmond has got **** all to do with it.

Nice try with the internet warrior thing though still needs work but keep trying:lol: