Saints 4-2 Man City

Lighthouse

MotM vs Manchester City (Home 2015/16)  

324 members have voted

1. 1. MotM vs Manchester City (Home 2015/16)

• Forster
    • Bertrand
    • Martina
    • van Dijk
    • Fonte
    • Wanyama
    • Clasie
    • Davis
    • Tadić
    • Mané
    • Long
    • Romeu
    • Ward-Prowse
    • Rodriguez

Long is going to be next seasons Vardy.

Our tater commented that "Long is currently up there with the very best of the Premier League Strikers. If he can improve his Goal Stats he could become THE best"

A fantastic performance, totally unexpected on my part, JRod looked fine if short on awareness until the tackle (on Nasri was it) then seemed to be stuck in glue, I really hope that wasn't a knock or something.

Loved all the pictures on my timeline & Twitter of the 40th Anniversary Celebrations, at least the TV showed Lawrie Mac (and Leon) a few times,

A great day

The performance of Mane,Duscan and Shane took my breath away yesterday. Citeh just could not cope with their pace and trickery. Congratulations to all the team who chased every ball to make sure we won. They were all so motivated. Superb Saints.

I thought he did OK and churlish to think his performance was a negative when our overall performance was outstanding.

Seems a few always want to single him out. The same few that were always banging on about Long not being up to it. Obviously players put in varying performances and we criticise - if your comment was in isolation I wouldn't have commented. Overall been v happy with Clasie including yesterday.

Whelk; I'm no Clasie basher and there have been games where he has impressed but he was the stand out poor player for us yesterday, so much so that I thought Ron would bring Romeu on at H/T.

Whelk; I'm no Clasie basher and there have been games where he has impressed but he was the stand out poor player for us yesterday, so much so that I thought Ron would bring Romeu on at H/T.

What did you think was particularly poor about him? RK said it was our best first half performance in his two seasons with us. I genuinely didn't see anything from him to single him out as not being a part of that display.

Me too. Lost it before their first goal too. I'm not sure what he offers us. Also agree JayRod looked way off when he came on. Seemed weak and unsure. Needs game time and gym! Vvd best player on the pitch. Immense. Worry is he'd walk into any other team

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Me too. Lost it before their first goal too. I'm not sure what he offers us. Also agree JayRod looked way off when he came on. Seemed weak and unsure. Needs game time and gym! Vvd best player on the pitch. Immense. Worry is he'd walk into any other team

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

VVD lost it before Sterling's easy chance. Martina fcked up for first goal. Happens to all players. Some people have damn high expectations.

What does he give us? By extension you must think RK has poor judgement as well?

Re. VVD - Barcelona should be looking at him. Absolute class.

If only we could play like that every week. We have a very strong first 11 and are more than capable of handing out a good beating to any side in this league on our day. I know we are likely to sell some players in the summer, but it's more frustrating than ever. Mane never looks too happy, and I think he's a certainty to leave. He's been a bit inconsistent, but we saw what he was capable of yesterday.

I think Ron will want to try and challenge for the top 6 once more, but in a way it's been a bigger missed opportunity this season than it was last. Hopefully we can at least keep VVD, but I fear he will stand out too much as the best CB in the league next season.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

What did you think was particularly poor about him? RK said it was our best first half performance in his two seasons with us. I genuinely didn't see anything from him to single him out as not being a part of that display.

Well, he lost possession several times in dangerous areas; either mistimed passes or completed ultra safe short ones and only made the one foray forward where he was given acres of space and tamely scooped the ball over the City goal. By contrast, Romeu hit the ground running, broke up City attacks, intercepted and got forward convincingly to be part of late second half attacks. In Clasie's defence, many better judges than I consider he's going to be up to speed and more effective next season - I hope he can be, but overall, for a player of his reputation and International experience he hasn't delivered a lot for us this season and very little yesterday where Vic carried him for the first half.

The atmosphere sounded amazing.

Shame I was working later so couldn't be down the pub with @dubaisaints, but my prematch cuppa tea from my Sadio Mane Saints mug obviously worked wonders!!

WHU losing their game in hand v Man U, and Man U winning The FA Cup could just open the door to Europe, especially if Liverpool keep imploding!!

Hopefully Spurs will be deflated and Palace one eye on The Cup, 6 points could be enough.

The atmosphere sounded amazing.

As usual, the Northam and the Kingsland/Itchen wings made the noise, but the Chapel was just that, like a Chapel. That was until we scored the 4th when the whole ground got going, and yes, it did sound great. The Centre stands are for older people who don't make so much noise, but it is the ends and wings that need to do it. The Northam + "their" 2 wings are fine. The other end of the ground is always disappointing, save for brief moments.

Kelechi Iheanacho very impressive for City. Will score bucketloads the next few season I think.

Best goals to mins ratio of any player to score more than 2 this season.

When he danced through and had a shot saved at start of second half he also did us a favour by staying on his feet, as on the replay can clearly see Clasie clips him by the D, which may even have been a second yellow.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

A word of praise for Andre Marriner who policed the game very well. Quite a few of the challenges (by both sides) were borderline - nothing dirty, just competitive and timing had to be spot on. Another ref might have blown up more often and caused the play to be disrupted, which would have stymied our fast, hustle-bustle, style.

Well, he lost possession several times in dangerous areas; either mistimed passes or completed ultra safe short ones and only made the one foray forward where he was given acres of space and tamely scooped the ball over the City goal. By contrast, Romeu hit the ground running, broke up City attacks, intercepted and got forward convincingly to be part of late second half attacks. In Clasie's defence, many better judges than I consider he's going to be up to speed and more effective next season - I hope he can be, but overall, for a player of his reputation and International experience he hasn't delivered a lot for us this season and very little yesterday where Vic carried him for the first half.

He was very, very poor yesterday, misplaced passes and really could not get into the game, unusual because he has been getting quite good recently. Romeu was so much better when he came on. Still think Clasie will come good next season.

J Rod was also very poor when he came on, really looked slow, I thought before that he looked OK, but seems to now have lost one of his major assets, his pace. Hopefully a good pre-season will resolve this.

Other than Martina's cock up and JWP's cameo everyone else played really well yesterday, Tadic, Mane, Davis and especially Long were outstanding.

We now have 3 equal top scorers in the League, Long, Mane and Pelle all on 10.

Well just goes to show the difference between highlights and being there. On the MOTD Clasie pops up twice once with a fantastic defence splitting pass to put Long on goal and once with a shot that went just wide I guess those were his best two moments yesterday.

Bony was poor as well, an absolute shadow of the player he was at Swansea.

and Delph was crap to.

Maybe players will start to realise the grass isn't always greener on the other side (even if the pay packet is bigger). Bony, Delph (ok he is probably happy to be out of villa) and Sterling would probably all be playing regularly at their old clubs rather than being rolled out to play the odd game when the big boys are being saved for CL. Sitting on the bench week in week out can't do anything positive for a players development.

and Delph was crap to.

Maybe players will start to realise the grass isn't always greener on the other side (even if the pay packet is bigger). Bony, Delph (ok he is probably happy to be out of villa) and Sterling would probably all be playing regularly at their old clubs rather than being rolled out to play the odd game when the big boys are being saved for CL. Sitting on the bench week in week out can't do anything positive for a players development.

ha! this day will never come. once they see the £££ that is it unfortunately.

Well just goes to show the difference between highlights and being there. On the MOTD Clasie pops up twice once with a fantastic defence splitting pass to put Long on goal and once with a shot that went just wide I guess those were his best two moments yesterday.

For all his critics and compared with Clasie, Wanyama played the best ball of the half when he released Tadic for our second.

For all his critics and compared with Clasie, Wanyama played the best ball of the half when he released Tadic for our second.

Wanyama was excellent yesterday, wins so many duels that are not in his favour and was good with the ball also.

Big hole to fill if he does go.

There's a word they use to describe that. It'll come to me in a minute.

He was very, very poor yesterday, misplaced passes and really could not get into the game, unusual because he has been getting quite good recently. Romeu was so much better when he came on. Still think Clasie will come good next season.

J Rod was also very poor when he came on, really looked slow, I thought before that he looked OK, but seems to now have lost one of his major assets, his pace. Hopefully a good pre-season will resolve this.

Other than Martina's cock up and JWP's cameo everyone else played really well yesterday, Tadic, Mane, Davis and especially Long were outstanding.

We now have 3 equal top scorers in the League, Long, Mane and Pelle all on 10.

What cock up was that? Jeez!!! It's ok just ignore the superb pass for Tadic to chase and cut back for our first goal..... Much easier to cane a bloke for not being able to control a ball coming at him with pace having taken a flick off Jose.

Sterling and Kolarov did absolutley bugger all........ Who's side were they coming down???!!!!????

Some people would be far better off watching world championship tiddlywinks.

What cock up was that? Jeez!!! I

The one that led to their goal of course. Simple people seem not to be able to see glaring mistakes because that player did something else well. Think tiddlywinks might be a little too complex for someone like you.

Jeez, really do continue to wonder about some "people" on here.

Correct. Determining how someone plays from watching MOTD is just plain silly, but some do I know. Overall for 59 minutes Clasie was very poor yesterday, which is shame because he has been much better recently and I still think he will be a very important player for us next season.

The one that led to their goal of course. Simple people seem not to be able to see glaring mistakes because that player did something else well. Think tiddlywinks might be a little too complex for someone like you.

Jeez, really do continue to wonder about some "people" on here.

wasnt a glaring mistake he had very little chance, a ball straight at you is trouble enough as you lose the pace, then in less than 6 feet it deviates...... Anyway I have a more of an issue with fellow fans isolating a player for critism due to a solitary unfortunate event when overall that player had a good game.

wasnt a glaring mistake he had very little chance, a ball straight at you is trouble enough as you lose the pace, then in less than 6 feet it deviates...... Anyway I have a more of an issue with fellow fans isolating a player for critism due to a solitary unfortunate event when overall that player had a good game.

I wouldn't blame him for that, the ball was deflected up at him. Maybe he could have been facing away from goal a bit more but when the ball's pinging around like that there's not a lot you can do.

Sadly some of the utter planks on here must have a scapegoat, so usually find some crap to post even with visual

evidence to the contrary....

Well let's hope Ronald now does realise that this team is close to the best eleven. A mobile front line without Pelle has seen our most effective football....

Next it's to settle the central midfield. Really not sure about Classie, Romau has more class for me although he did lose his man for their second which was a costly mistake.... His awareness might therefor be an issue......

Great win get the key players contracts sorted decide on keeping RK and start getting ready for a real go next year.....

Why would anyone need a scapegoat after a 4-2 win against Man City?

Some on here just seem to dislike a Saints player and that's it, no matter how well they do they will always try and find fault. Not sure why.

A thought I had today: Koeman has now completely transformed the style of this team. We are a completely different side to the Pochettino one

That happened about a week after Koeman arrived, half the team had left from the previous season and we've very rarely pressed high up the pitch the way Pochettino liked to.

What cock up was that? Jeez!!! It's ok just ignore the superb pass for Tadic to chase and cut back for our first goal..... Much easier to cane a bloke for not being able to control a ball coming at him with pace having taken a flick off Jose.

Sterling and Kolarov did absolutley bugger all........ Who's side were they coming down???!!!!????

Some people would be far better off watching world championship tiddlywinks.

Funny that, I came on here to consider posting something about what a solid signing Martina has been compared to some expectations (especially mine after Salzburg), and yet we have planks thinking a player is to blame for a rebound off him when someone in front of him slices the ball off into him. That one was down to Fonte, nothing much Martina could do, just bad luck.

Interesting that Ru-Endly (Cuco) has played in a couple of our more tricky defensive games (Arsenal home and Man City home), yet we've only kept 2 clean sheets in the games he's played - away to Vitesse and the game he also scored in against Arsenal. He played against Sunderland and Newcastle home, conceded in both, and Norwich away, which we lost.

W6 D2 L4 with him (50% win rate) and W14 D8 L10 without (44%), much of a muchness really. We seem to prefer him when we know we need to be defensive, as Cedric is the choice when we need a more attacking player.

Correct. Determining how someone plays from watching MOTD is just plain silly, but some do I know. Overall for 59 minutes Clasie was very poor yesterday, which is shame because he has been much better recently and I still think he will be a very important player for us next season.

Totally agree. Clasie was poor yesterday but is a player with class and will be important next year.

Just watching bits of the live coverage from yesterday, amused to see a warming-up Aguero saying something to Davis to try and put him off immediately before the corner Van Dijk headed onto the bar for Mane's second (Saints' third). Turned the game back in our favour with City having started the second half well.

Re: Wanyama, is it any surprise he looked good? This is another of the teams he thinks he should be signing for. When he does it every match again like he did last season I'll start being impressed again, but I'd still rather he left so we can get someone reliable in. Looking forward to him taking Spurs apart on Sunday though, definitely in the "playing to impress them" category for him.

Just watching bits of the live coverage from yesterday, amused to see a warming-up Aguero saying something to Davis to try and put him off immediately before the corner Van Dijk headed onto the bar for Mane's second (Saints' third). Turned the game back in our favour with City having started the second half well.

Or maybe he said to Davies "Make it a good one please. The gaffer told me I won't have to play if we're 2 or more goals down, so if you score now I can go back to the bench and have a nice rest before Wednesday."

they were shyt last night

don't get me wrong, going to Madrid in the semi-final and playing well is always a huge ask but that was appalling.

How yaya toure stayed on so long was weird. the way he just semi-jogs about is a huge negative for the team.

but city were terrible in their biggest ever game

they were shyt last night

don't get me wrong, going to Madrid in the semi-final and playing well is always a huge ask but that was appalling.

How yaya toure stayed on so long was weird. the way he just semi-jogs about is a huge negative for the team.

but city were terrible in their biggest ever game

Agree. They were bloomin' awful. With 4 minutes left to play of the CL semi-final you'd expect them to get forward quickly, pump balls into the box, bust a gut, but no, they passed the ball around nonchalantly at the back as if they didn't give a ****. So frustrating to watch. So much for a weakened side against us last Sunday, I reckon we'd have beaten last night's 11 as well.

Good week for city then bet they are glad the rested players against us for tonight :lol:

Idiotic comment!! It was actually a really BAD week for them you numbskull. Not only did they LOSE to us (badly at that), they also went OUT of the Champions League!!!

In what way is that a GOOD week?!?!?!?!?!