Ronald Koeman Joins Everton - CONFIRMED

Jimmy_D

Can't help but feel extremely bitter towards RK and wish him nothing but bad luck.

Yes he's been good for us but he inherited what Adkins and Poch had started and looked to be going right off the boil over the christmas period....

Loyalty is a long forgotten word in football and RK has been found out as a huge hypocrite in recent months.

Let's hope for someone that can continue the good work over the last four years and wants to remain for the long term.

Agree.

And him trotting out the (tritely predictable) "ambition" is just a complete load of bollicks.

A question: we are oft said to be punching above our weight. If that is so, how can our ambition be questioned? And what is our ambition and how does it differ from EFC? We want to win the league - LCFC have shown that it can be done, although more realistic is to finish top 4. We are not looking to finish 17th or above. So how exactly are our ambitions any different?

Now the difference is how you get there. Do you work hard or just choose the easy route, splash the cash and buy in? Which is more ambitious?

Very true. Our ambition is to punch above our weight.

Agree.

And him trotting out the (tritely predictable) "ambition" is just a complete load of bollicks.

A question: we are oft said to be punching above our weight. If that is so, how can our ambition be questioned? And what is our ambition and how does it differ from EFC? We want to win the league - LCFC have shown that it can be done, although more realistic is to finish top 4. We are not looking to finish 17th or above. So how exactly are our ambitions any different?

Now the difference is how you get there. Do you work hard or just choose the easy route, splash the cash and buy in? Which is more ambitious?

Exactly, I've made this point before. People readily confuse 'having ambition' with 'having money'.

Cheers, much appreciated. You've done well to retain Benitez, who is in the next bracket up from Koeman and should see you go up as top of the league.

Thanks. Good luck with your coming season. The PL is much better with Newcastle in it and doing well.

Cheers. Had a great awayday with you last season. Hope you sort out your own ownership issues, but at least you've now got a manager who seems to know what he's doing.. Hope we get one too!

Cheers, I for one am quite looking forward to NUFC with Benitez at the helm. Shame you went down, but you should walk that league with him as manager provided he has the main say on transfers.

Thanks NUFC-Fan. I hope that Benitez brings you success at last.

Cheers guys.

It's funny, the last game of the season v Spurs was one of the best atmospheres in a good couple of years. We go into this summer more optimistic for the Championship with Rafa than we've been for the last 3 or 4 in the PL. We've sold out two stands (I think) already for next year and hope, with lessons looking to have finally been learnt by our board and Rafa in 'full control of all footballing matters' that we can finally go on and build something. Hopefully you can too (and continue to finish above the two Merseyside teams). :D

Thanks for the memories Ronald, genuinely grateful for two excellent seasons. However you have gone way down in my estimation for your outright lies and seemingly acting like a bit of a c**t.

My main feeling is one of disappointment as I really thought he was a man of integrity, turns out he's just another greedy, classless mercenary. He'll do ok at Everton and improve them, but they won't be winning the league any time soon.

Our next appointment is huge but I trust Les and co to get it right, and am still excited for the future. Moving on!

Koeman did great here. Nothing he'll do from here onwards will change that these have been two fantastic seasons. I'm also completely confident that what comes next for us can be even better. Some positivity! We've been improving for years every time people left, so why the bitterness? We'll never know the full behind the scenes story, but even if it's just the money that changed Koeman's mind, I can't really blame him. It must feel nice to be wanted so badly.

I'm very curious about the future. I wouldn't mind Frank de Boer at all.

Great post!

We know Everton have £150m transfer kitty, our cheapest player must be £30m

I didnt expect Koeman the jump ship when i first heard about it but if a 150m transfer kitty is true and the rumors about his wage are true then he's probably a idiot if he doesnt jump on that. 150m transfer kitty.. thats insane.

I didnt expect Koeman the jump ship when i first heard about it but if a 150m transfer kitty is true and the rumors about his wage are true then he's probably a idiot if he doesnt jump on that. 150m transfer kitty.. thats insane.

Everton have missed the boat a bit. A few years ago that would have bought you a title.

Now, at best, it gives you a chance of being competitive, but with the amount of money in the Premier League these days, getting it right behind the scenes is at least as important, if not more so.

Newcastle are the obvious example of where it doesn't go right despite throwing that sort of money around.

Had the club issued a decent statement everyone would know it wasn't meant. This has been a bitter parting and the board are obviously hurting with the manner in which it has been done so why wish him every success in the future. When people like Koeman act in this way then there are no surprises left, I really thought we had a manager of integrity and loyalty.

We March On, have been in much worse situation.

Newcastle spent 80/90m over the course of last season, I don't think that even includes wages/signing on fee's and agent's fee's. So quick fire money doesn't buy you success.
Especially when you can't buy the best players anyway regardless of the amount of cash you have.

Everton have missed the boat a bit. A few years ago that would have bought you a title.

Now, at best, it gives you a chance of being competitive, but with the amount of money in the Premier League these days, getting it right behind the scenes is at least as important, if not more so.

Newcastle are the obvious example of where it doesn't go right.

Yeap...having money is one thing but spending it correctly is another. Can rest assured that with the £150 million budget being bandied about that any of their potential transfer targets will go up in price by at least 10%. A fool and their money are easily parted springs to mind....

Long and Bertrand just been on SSN. Bertrand saying its a surprise to him but the clubs in good hands.. Long saying he's disappointed as Koeman gave him games

Hopefully we get De Boer in quickly

TBF he wasn't giving him games until his hand was forced and Pelle was injured!

Long and Bertrand just been on SSN. Bertrand saying its a surprise to him but the clubs in good hands.. Long saying he's disappointed as Koeman gave him games

If the criteria of manager that we are looking for to press high & fast, I think most prospective managers would like Shane Long.

Hopefully we get De Boer in quickly

@solentsport: #saintsfc @ryanbertrand3 says he's grateful to Koeman for helping him get into #ENG squad: "His style of play enabled me to express myself"

I thought the all players hate him I was expecting more vitriol :lol:

TBF he wasn't giving him games until his hand was forced and Pelle was injured!

This. I've heard a few interviews with Long recently where he has praised Koeman for his rise in form, but conveniently forgetting that Koeman did pretty much the complete opposite for the first half of the season. Selective memory syndrome me thinks.

This. I've heard a few interviews with Long recently where he has praised Koeman for his rise in form, but conveniently forgetting that Koeman did pretty much the complete opposite for the first half of the season. Selective memory syndrome me thinks.

That or he knows far more about it than us!

Koeman did great here. Nothing he'll do from here onwards will change that these have been two fantastic seasons. I'm also completely confident that what comes next for us can be even better. Some positivity! We've been improving for years every time people left, so why the bitterness? We'll never know the full behind the scenes story, but even if it's just the money that changed Koeman's mind, I can't really blame him. It must feel nice to be wanted so badly.

I'm very curious about the future. I wouldn't mind Frank de Boer at all.

I'm kinda with you, I've enjoyed Koeman's time here but I can also understand a few being a bit miffed at some of RK's recent statements that are in print about 'loyalty', 'honesty', etc. I won't wish him well at Everton but I won't boo him either, I prefer to just ignore the 'traitors' :p

I dont share the view that Ron acted really badly here. He did very well for us over the past 2 seasons. He wanted the board to invest more than they want to in the new 5 year plan. I think he may well have stayed another year , but not signed an extension , but the club didn't want that - they wanted someone who bought into their 5 year plan. Im not critical of him or them. A parting of the ways is best outcome - he goes to a club that wants to spend big, we appoint someone who is happy to work the 5 year plan. Im looking forward to seeing who we appoint, and confident that we will continue to build , albeit at our own pace.

Whereas Everton's ambition, you could argue, is to put its weight back on.

:toppa:

Yes it is. That's nowhere near enough money in today's transfer market.

Not sure on the timing but VVD said he's looking forward to next season apparently after the RK news was announced.

Clever. Damning by omission. I like it.

My dutch colleague just said RK did exactly this when he left PSV for Valencia - and he got the sack from Valencia after just a few months......So the saying that you learn from your misstakes is not always correct : )

Yep. Its especially odd as he's claimed in interviews that he regretted that decision and it radically changed his thinking on loyalty and success.

Yep. Its especially odd as he's claimed in interviews that he regretted that decision and it radically changed his thinking on loyalty and success.

Which rather does suggest that the truth in this instance is far more convoluted than it being just about money, although I'm quite sure that came into the reckoning.

Which rather does suggest that the truth in this instance is far more convoluted than it being just about money, although I'm quite sure that came into the reckoning.

My opinion, for what it's worth, is he didn't see himself being able to do any better than he has here so moved for a nice big wedge while his stock was high. Improving on 11th at Everton looks much more achievable than pushing saints on so seems like a move designed to keep his stock on the up ( or at least level).

My opinion, for what it's worth, is he didn't see himself being able to do any better than he has here so moved for a nice big wedge while his stock was high. Improving on 11th at Everton looks much more achievable than pushing saints on so seems like a move designed to keep his stock on the up ( or at least level).

Plus if they are going to spend a lot then it makes it easier albeit with increased pressure.

Plus if they are going to spend a lot then it makes it easier albeit with increased pressure.

Yeah the transfer budget is a bit of a double edge sword if its well spent then great ( though the players linked with Everton in the media haven't been to impressive so far) but even if its badly spent big money normally means less patience from fans and chairmen.

It's easy to talk about honour and loyalty, take the moral high ground and look like the good guy. It's easy until something unexpected comes along to put your words to the test.

Ron isn't a stupid man, he'll know how it looks and may regret such public statements. Be interesting to see if he ever says stuff about honouring contracts again.