Ronald Koeman Joins Everton - CONFIRMED

Jimmy_D

Manager Ronald Koeman said: “I am very excited to be Everton manager. I believe in the Club, in the team, in the fans and in our ability to achieve things in the future.

“Everton is a club with a great history and real ambition and it is a proud feeling for me to be part of what we want to go and do, together with the Chairman and Farhad Moshiri.

“I am looking forward to meeting everyone at the Club and to preparing for a big season in the Premier League.”

As opposed to the Premier League AND the Europa League

Personally, I wish that the club were more gracious towards RK in their statement. He did tremendously well for us and that should be acknowledged ? Shows a lack of class by the club IMO.

In my opinion, the stance the club appears to have taken illustrates Ron's total lack of class, otherwise I'm sure they'd be more gracious.

Personally, I wish that the club were more gracious towards RK in their statement. He did tremendously well for us and that should be acknowledged ? Shows a lack of class by the club IMO.

I think the statement is perfect! They are making it clear that the club is bigger than any individual. We don't pander to egos.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

NUFC fan in peace.

I think I speak for most of the country (apart from the blue half of Merseyside apparently) when I say that I really don’t understand this move. It’s obviously all about money as Southampton are a far better run club, it’s not even close. I must have missed the interview where this new Everton owner has promised to splash all this cash, on twitter you’d think they were going to be the next Chelsea/City but I really can’t see it. He’s not even that rich (by owner standards anyway).

I have a lot of time for your club, fans, and Le Tissiers opinions on Soccer Saturday, who is the only person worth listening to on that panel for unbiased views.

I hope your board continues to do what it seemingly does best, replace and move on without a glitch!

Oh, and ignore the Evertonians, up there with the worst arrogant fans in the country.

NUFC fan in peace.

I think I speak for most of the country (apart from the blue half of Merseyside apparently) when I say that I really don’t understand this move. It’s obviously all about money as Southampton are a far better run club, it’s not even close. I must have missed the interview where this new Everton owner has promised to splash all this cash, on twitter you’d think they were going to be the next Chelsea/City but I really can’t see it. He’s not even that rich (by owner standards anyway).

I have a lot of time for your club, fans, and Le Tissiers opinions on Soccer Saturday, who is the only person worth listening to on that panel for unbiased views.

I hope your board continues to do what it seemingly does best, replace and move on without a glitch!

Oh, and ignore the Evertonians, up there with the worst arrogant fans in the country.

facebook-like-button22.png

Have a day off.

Ronald Koeman acted with a distinct lack of class

This is from SKY may 15th: This makes you a big fat liar - sacked before X-mas would be the best gift this year you ****.

Southampton manager Ronald Koeman wants to stay at the club

Southampton manager Ronald Koeman says he wants to stay at the club after securing a Europa League spot for next season.

Southampton beat Crystal Palace 4-1 on Sunday afternoon to secure either a fifth or sixth-placed finish in the Premier League table, meaning qualification into the Europa League.

After West Ham lost 2-1 away to Stoke, Southampton's final position depends on what happens when the abandoned Manchester United match against Bournemouth is played, but European football is guaranteed for next season.

Goals from Sadio Mane, Graziano Pelle, Ryan Bertrand and Steven Davis helped secure a convincing win over the FA Cup finalists and with reports earlier on in the week that Koeman may leave St Mary's, the Dutchman confirmed he would like to stay at the club and lead them next season.

"I still have a one-year contract," he said after the match. "I spoke to the board and we had the meeting and it's always my wish to stay because I like the club, fans and players.

"We understand every time its (the ambition) more difficult because we need to improve, and expectation will be higher than it was two years ago and if we have the same ambition again then no problem.

"But the club likes to talk about the future. I had always in Holland a one-year contract. I'm not so worried about the future. If the club likes to know about the future after next season, okay that's what we'll talk about.

"Our finishing this season is stronger than last season. What we did this season, it's maybe more than the maximum we can do as a team, and a big compliment to the players."

Southampton have set a club points record in the Premier League and Koeman feels it is an unbelievable achievement alongside securing Europa League qualification.

"It's a fantastic achievement for everybody in the club" he said. "4-1 is a big result and we did our job by ourselves. Thanks to Stoke and West Brom because they helped as well but we did it by ourselves and that was our message to the players, it's incredible.

"It's been an even better season than last year. A record of points is crazy and full compliment to everybody at Southampton because the support of the fans was amazing and the spirit and belief of the players is very enjoyable for the manager."

@bigadamsport: So, Everton finally complete Ronald Koeman deal - but deals for Erwin Koeman & Jan Kluitenberg yet to be done, we understsand #saintsfc #EFC

Hmmm..... the new SFC management team....? :)

#strangerthingshavehappened

Time to move on! Exciting times. Pochettino has gone on to prove that he is a really good manager even if his team managed to come third in a two horse race, I'm not sure that Koeman is of quite the same quality as a manager and as such much less of a loss. FWIW I think he'll do OK. As for all the willy waggling over which is the bigger club I look at it as him taking over one of football's 'sleeping giants' whether he has the qualities to awaken it sufficiently is open to considerable conjecture.

NUFC fan in peace.

Cheers, much appreciated. You've done well to retain Benitez, who is in the next bracket up from Koeman and should see you go up as top of the league.

I find it interesting that Erwin and Jan haven't agreed their moves yet so some of the ITKs were correct on that aspect it seems. Erwin has long been rumoured to be the smart people manager in the set up so if he decides not to go to Everton it could be like Hoddle minus Gorman - which never ended well. Personally I think Erwin will sign on today to show solidarity with his brother but the fact he clearly has reservations speaks volumes and probably feels his brother is there just for the money as well!

Oh well, let's hope we get a replacement with international profile. Have an open mind on Redmond if he signs, has the raw materials to be a top player and bolsters our flagging home grown percentage. Needs to find a final ball but ditto Sterling and he went for four times that amount. Saints are the ideal club to take his development on.

NUFC fan in peace.

Thanks. Good luck with your coming season. The PL is much better with Newcastle in it and doing well.

@riccosrant: Told that Ronald Koeman has been promised transfer funds of £150 million after confirmation that he is the new @Everton manager as predicted

Serious money if true.

Irrelevant though if they can't spend it or waste it on average players. Would much rather have our planned and structured approach to growth than a splurge on mercenaries to desperately restore distant glories, wouldn't you Charlie? As our welcome visitor from the North East points out, their new owner doesn't have bottomless resources either and could be an unsustainable Leeds style rush.

Will be funny if Erwin doesn't join his brother!

@riccosrant: Told that Ronald Koeman has been promised transfer funds of £150 million after confirmation that he is the new @Everton manager as predicted

Serious money if true.

Interesting if true, wonder if that includes money from the sale of Stones and Lukaku who both seem pretty sure to leave this summer? The way they are going about things I would expect them to be taken over a barrel by any club they approach as they have made it far to clear they have money to spend and the new owner clearly wants to 'make a statement' I've no idea what the going rate for a manager is but I would say at 5m in compensation we have screwed them for every penny!

Serious money if true.

Little good it'll do them, Top players want to play for Good teams not the Evertons of this world, unfortunately the players they will be getting in will be players that we'll be competing with them for. If a Champions league team wants a player that Everton wants I'm afraid there's only one outcome there.

He will find it difficult there.

Interesting if true, wonder if that includes money from the sale of Stones and Lukaku who both seem pretty sure to leave this summer? The way they are going about things I would expect them to be taken over a barrel by any club they approach as they have made it far to clear they have money to spend and the new owner clearly wants to 'make a statement' I've no idea what the going rate for a manager is but I would say at 5m in compensation we have screwed them for every penny!

This is exactly it. You go around shouting loadsa money and you can expect to pay way over the odds for transfers.

Just glad its over and we can move on. You have to say our record with managers post take over has been pretty good so here's hoping for another one.

Ron has acted like a **** didn't expect him to stay forever, don't even expect him to turn down, a frankly, insane wage offer. I did however expect him to treat our club with a bit or respect and class....oh well

This is from SKY may 15th: This makes you a big fat liar - sacked before X-mas would be the best gift this year you ****.

"I still have a one-year contract," he said after the match. "I spoke to the board and we had the meeting and it's always my wish to stay because I like the club, fans and players.

"We understand every time its (the ambition) more difficult because we need to improve, and expectation will be higher than it was two years ago and if we have the same ambition again then no problem.

"But the club likes to talk about the future. I had always in Holland a one-year contract. I'm not so worried about the future. If the club likes to know about the future after next season, okay that's what we'll talk about.

"Our finishing this season is stronger than last season. What we did this season, it's maybe more than the maximum we can do as a team, and a big compliment to the players."

Southampton have set a club points record in the Premier League and Koeman feels it is an unbelievable achievement alongside securing Europa League qualification.

"It's a fantastic achievement for everybody in the club" he said. "4-1 is a big result and we did our job by ourselves. Thanks to Stoke and West Brom because they helped as well but we did it by ourselves and that was our message to the players, it's incredible.

"It's been an even better season than last year. A record of points is crazy and full compliment to everybody at Southampton because the support of the fans was amazing and the spirit and belief of the players is very enjoyable for the manager."

I just read that in a new light!

Serious money if true.

if you are going to spend that sort of money on transfer fees they'll have to offer the wages to go with it, they certainly don't have the turnover to cover that so putting all their eggs in the basket of reliance on the new investor's generosity. Any idea why he did not take more than 50% of the shareholding?

I just read that in a new light!

Yes. I read it as "I can't be sure I can match or beat 6th next season (especially if I go on another run of crap results), so I risk my stock lowering, but I can improve Everton (not hard) and still get all the plaudits.

Yes. I read it as "I can't be sure I can match or beat 6th next season (especially if I go on another run of crap results), so I risk my stock lowering, but I can improve Everton (not hard) and still get all the plaudits.

Yep I think even he was surprised how well we finished the season and didn't really think he could do any better. So move to Everton for a huge salary and try improve on Everton's really crap last season probably looked like a great option to Ron.

Yep I think even he was surprised how well we finished the season and didn't really think he could do any better. So move to Everton for a huge salary and try improve on Everton's really crap last season probably looked like a great option to Ron.

He may well improve them but after spending 150mil I don't think a position lower than 6th will be acceptable. Could well end up seeing him getting the boot.