Ronald Koeman Joins Everton - CONFIRMED

Jimmy_D

if you are going to spend that sort of money on transfer fees they'll have to offer the wages to go with it, they certainly don't have the turnover to cover that so putting all their eggs in the basket of reliance on the new investor's generosity. Any idea why he did not take more than 50% of the shareholding?

I think Everton have looked at our success and see it as a quick route back to where they were a few seasons ago. Having thrown the financial 'kitchen sink' to get our manager I can see the same tactic being used on our players. Hopefully we are contractually and financially strong enough to resist, we ought to be. The organisation is robust enough to ride this one out, but there again this is football, and if nothing else the Koeman defection shows us that there are no certainties within the bubble in which football people exist.

NUFC fan in peace.

I think I speak for most of the country (apart from the blue half of Merseyside apparently) when I say that I really don’t understand this move. It’s obviously all about money as Southampton are a far better run club, it’s not even close. I must have missed the interview where this new Everton owner has promised to splash all this cash, on twitter you’d think they were going to be the next Chelsea/City but I really can’t see it. He’s not even that rich (by owner standards anyway).

I have a lot of time for your club, fans, and Le Tissiers opinions on Soccer Saturday, who is the only person worth listening to on that panel for unbiased views.

I hope your board continues to do what it seemingly does best, replace and move on without a glitch!

Oh, and ignore the Evertonians, up there with the worst arrogant fans in the country.

Cheers, I for one am quite looking forward to NUFC with Benitez at the helm. Shame you went down, but you should walk that league with him as manager provided he has the main say on transfers.

Good job on souring two great years, ya classless merc :thumbup:

For me he's poured a giant bucket of sour on the end of season positivity.

What he has managed to do though is improve my thoughts about Poch. For some reason I have less animosity now, in fact....no emotion at all it seems. Thanks for that Ron. You're top of the bile pile now :)

What he has managed to do though is improve my thoughts about Poch. For some reason I have less animosity now, in fact....no emotion at all it seems. Thanks for that Ron. You're top of the bile pile now :)

I agree, at least Pochettino didn't lead us on into signing a new contract and he left for a genuine, hate to say it, but am established top 6 club, not Everton

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

One can only despise so much - I may have to even consider forgiving Lallana :p

NUFC fan in peace.

I think I speak for most of the country (apart from the blue half of Merseyside apparently) when I say that I really don’t understand this move. It’s obviously all about money as Southampton are a far better run club, it’s not even close. I must have missed the interview where this new Everton owner has promised to splash all this cash, on twitter you’d think they were going to be the next Chelsea/City but I really can’t see it. He’s not even that rich (by owner standards anyway).

I have a lot of time for your club, fans, and Le Tissiers opinions on Soccer Saturday, who is the only person worth listening to on that panel for unbiased views.

I hope your board continues to do what it seemingly does best, replace and move on without a glitch!

Oh, and ignore the Evertonians, up there with the worst arrogant fans in the country.

Thanks NUFC-Fan. I hope that Benitez brings you success at last.

if you are going to spend that sort of money on transfer fees they'll have to offer the wages to go with it, they certainly don't have the turnover to cover that so putting all their eggs in the basket of reliance on the new investor's generosity. Any idea why he did not take more than 50% of the shareholding?

Which will also get them into trouble over financial fair play rules and lead to them getting even more ripped off as the only way to attract really good players will be to pay them more than they could get for a higher standard of football elsewhere. I hope this new owner has really really deep pockets!

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

One can only despise so much - I may have to even consider forgiving Lallana :p

Not sure I'd go that far but would certainly like to see Everton get spanked by and finish behind Liverpool... again. Infact they're now top of the teams I don't want to win, ahead of Spurs too.

Pompey to knock them out of a cup... that's a toughie.

Which will also get them into trouble over financial fair play rules and lead to them getting even more ripped off as the only way to attract really good players will be to pay them more than they could get for a higher standard of football elsewhere. I hope this new owner has really really deep pockets!

AKA The Skatesmuff Effect :rolleyes:

Not sure I'd go that far but would certainly like to see Everton get spanked by and finish behind Liverpool... again. Infact they're now top of the teams I don't want to win, ahead of Spurs too.

Pompey to knock them out of a cup... that's a toughie.

Koeman would get abused for being a scummer so it would be very funny.

Pompey dumping them out in Round 2 (a round which we don't have to play :lol: ) so we can get beat them in Round 3 would suit me.

To Paraphase Morgan's Tweet .... 2 years of an amazing journey #SaintsFC destroyed in a couple of weeks!!

Sadly all your good work will be completely overshadowed by the manner in which you have departed.

Goodbye #Ass Hat ... hope your Bluenose adventure goes totally t!ts up.

Glad its done.

But really - I can't actually manage to feel much at all about him now. I was REALLY annoyed at Poch leaving, but Ron...meh.

Onwards and upwards.

Yeah I feel the same - Koeman did a better job than Pochettino (at least in terms of where we finished), but felt we were losing a better manager in Poch. I liked Koeman more but that has been tarnished now!

Jan may not want to go anyway. If he wants to stay than get him to sign a new contract.

Absolutely, the above comment was assuming they had decided to go. If they want to stay that's another scenario altogether.

Personally I think that the idea that a manager won't want to come here because of the success we had last year is load of cobblers. Most managers worth their salt are arrogant as hell and will be desperate to come to a decent team in Europe.

Absolutely this. the idea is that 'top managers' will be scared of hurting their reputation by coming here, and not doing as well as the previous manager, says more about their confidence than anything else. Not sure they'd be the right person for the job anyway.

He may well improve them but after spending 150mil I don't think a position lower than 6th will be acceptable. Could well end up seeing him getting the boot.

Doubt he will be to bothered he will get a big old pay out if they fire him and he is pretty much guaranteed a job back in the Netherlands if it all goes tits up.

What was the leaving statement for Pochettino?

http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/news/article/27052014-statement-first-team-manager-resigns-1575779.aspx

Southampton Football Club has today accepted the resignation of First Team Manager Mauricio Pochettino, and concluded negotiations with Tottenham Hotspur over his appointment as their new manager.

Assistant First Team Manager Jesús Pérez, First Team Coach Miguel D’Agostino and First Team Goalkeeping Coach Toni Jiménez have joined Pochettino in departing St Mary’s.

Chairman Ralph Krueger commented: “The Club has been on a constant path of growth since the arrival of Markus Liebherr in 2009. This growth took place before Mauricio came, it continued strongly under his leadership, and it will continue into the next season. The Board’s job is to find opportunity in this challenge and to continue to move the Club forward.

“We have begun the search for a new high-calibre manager. We will be looking for a manager that shares our values, our principles and our philosophy; a manager who can continue to grow the First Team and build on our strong foundation – a foundation led by an ambitious vision and plan that continues to build on our world-class academy, our amazing 129-year heritage and our excellent staff, and rewards our loyal and passionate fan base.”

by a country mile, worse than Pochettino. No one can really dispute that

It isn't a competition! It doesn't let Pochettino off the hook. And Ron finished higher for than Poch (who still hasn't won anything).

Still, with Ron at Everton and your big mate Pele possibly also going there, I am enjoying the irony of you wanting us to be more like Everton! ;)

by a country mile, worse than Pochettino. No one can really dispute that

Not really. It's not people leaving I have a problem with its the way they do it. Poch, Lala, Lovern and now Koeman all acted like c unts to get a move. What Koeman has done doesn't paint any of the others in a better light for me.

Of course personally having let Koeman go, I would block his two assistants joining him and put them on gardening leave.

I wouldn't. I would encourage them to stay if the new manager wants them, but if not allow them to leave with dignity and thanks.

I think Everton have looked at our success and see it as a quick route back to where they were a few seasons ago. Having thrown the financial 'kitchen sink' to get our manager I can see the same tactic being used on our players. Hopefully we are contractually and financially strong enough to resist, we ought to be. The organisation is robust enough to ride this one out, but there again this is football, and if nothing else the Koeman defection shows us that there are no certainties within the bubble in which football people exist.

We know Everton have £150m transfer kitty, our cheapest player must be £30m

Not really. It's not people leaving I have a problem with its the way they do it. Poch, Lala, Lovern and now Koeman all acted like c unts to get a move. What Koeman has done doesn't paint any of the others in a better light for me.

Agree.

And him trotting out the (tritely predictable) "ambition" is just a complete load of bollicks.

A question: we are oft said to be punching above our weight. If that is so, how can our ambition be questioned? And what is our ambition and how does it differ from EFC? We want to win the league - LCFC have shown that it can be done, although more realistic is to finish top 4. We are not looking to finish 17th or above. So how exactly are our ambitions any different?

Now the difference is how you get there. Do you work hard or just choose the easy route, splash the cash and buy in? Which is more ambitious?

I wouldn't. I would encourage them to stay if the new manager wants them, but if not allow them to leave with dignity and thanks.

When Poch left, his team were specifically mentioned as leaving with him, as per above. Does the absence of Edwin and Jan in the farewell statement for RK suggest they are not included in the move so may well bre staying?

(or am I 2+2=5?)

When Poch left, his team were specifically mentioned as leaving with him, as per above. Does the absence of Edwin and Jan in the farewell statement for RK suggest they are not included in the move so may well be staying?

(or am I 2+2=5?)

It's certainly an interesting, and perhaps telling, omission from today's statement, especially given how long its dragged on, thus giving all parties much more time to sort things out than what happened when Pochettino left (which, IIRC, all happened pretty quickly?)

You'd have thought if it was a fait accomplis that they would go with Ron then it would have been announced at the same time.

Totally agree.

When Poch left, his team were specifically mentioned as leaving with him, as per above. Does the absence of Edwin and Jan in the farewell statement for RK suggest they are not included in the move so may well bre staying?

(or am I 2+2=5?)

It would be nice if they did but very unlikely Erwin Koeman or Ron for that matter will cause a family rift by splitting with his younger brother. If Everton had refused to sign him, it is highly unlikely Ron would have left on his own. Jan is a different kettle of fish who has not traditionally worked with the Koeman's but he might fear being marginalised by a new manager and as a lone Dutchman, whereas Dave Watson and Sammy Lee provide indispensable English input and networks that a new foreign manager will need.

(or am I 2+2=5?)

Does add futher questions. Must be a tricky time in the Koeman family right now, if it's true that Erwin doesn't want to go. Hasn't Jan worked with him for a fair length of time too? We'll never know I guess, but i wonder if he 'consulted' with the team over the Everton offer?

Could he end up having to bring together a completely new back room staff? Wouldn't be ideal for him.

Koeman did great here. Nothing he'll do from here onwards will change that these have been two fantastic seasons. I'm also completely confident that what comes next for us can be even better. Some positivity! We've been improving for years every time people left, so why the bitterness? We'll never know the full behind the scenes story, but even if it's just the money that changed Koeman's mind, I can't really blame him. It must feel nice to be wanted so badly.

I'm very curious about the future. I wouldn't mind Frank de Boer at all.