Ronald Koeman Joins Everton - CONFIRMED

Jimmy_D

The photo of Koeman looking at the club scarf is quite funny. He appears to have a slightly mocking 'What the **** is this?' look on his face, maybe it's the look you have when you've massively ****ed up and the reality of it starts to sink in.

I know that this was posted with Saints tinted specs on, but he really hasn't ****ed up. Chances of improving Saints finishing position - slim. Chances of improving Everton's finishing position - high(er). Much better for the CV. That's before checking the bank balance.

I know that this was posted with Saints tinted specs on, but he really hasn't ****ed up. Chances of improving Saints finishing position - slim. Chances of improving Everton's finishing position - high(er). Much better for the CV. That's before checking the bank balance.

Yeah yeah I know, let me have my fun. :rolleyes:;)

The photo of Koeman looking at the club scarf is quite funny. He appears to have a slightly mocking 'What the **** is this?' look on his face, maybe it's the look you have when you've massively ****ed up and the reality of it starts to sink in.

In all of the 'welcome Ronald' pictures he looks a bit non-plussed, very different to when he joined Saints...

I notice Erwin and Jan are still listed on the official sites staff profile pages.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

He is announcing his back room staff at 1330 today in his first press conference where he will also apologise for mistakingly turning up at Anfield thinking that was the big club he was joining. Erwin will almost certainly follow him but I think it's more 50/50 with Jan. What might persuade Jan to go too is if Saints cannot guarantee his position when the new manager comes in. Think he will be almost a bigger loss than RK simply because he had also become a fan.

It says there that he is only on £3m at Everton. Where does the £7m come from?

Another way of looking at things is that during his two years with us none of the academy players improved and the blame for that could be laid at his door.

Press conference at 1.30pm. Will be interesting to hear what he has to say...

I don't agree. it will be full of the usual sound bites

Everton are a great club, great history, great fans

Loads of ambition, want to achieve great things etc

What a terribly written article. It has the makings of a good story but it seems he couldn't be bothered to stitch it all together properly. Confusing.

He is announcing his back room staff at 1330 today in his first press conference where he will also apologise for mistakingly turning up at Anfield thinking that was the big club he was joining. Erwin will almost certainly follow him but I think it's more 50/50 with Jan. What might persuade Jan to go too is if Saints cannot guarantee his position when the new manager comes in. Think he will be almost a bigger loss than RK simply because he had also become a fan.

Saints have just announced that Erwin and Jan have left.

‘To be involved in this project for the next couple of years is a big feeling. I will keep it short on Southampton as it is important to look forward in life. I had a meeting with the board - the first option was to go into the third year of my contract, and I said that was not possible. There was no way I was signing a new contract and I did not agree. Through that whole story, Everton showed that kind of interest. Southampton gave me the permission to talk to Everton and I’m the new manager - and that’s all I would like to say. Thanks to them, we had two fantastic seasons - thanks to the players, staff and fans, but I’m in Everton now.‘

‘To be involved in this project for the next couple of years is a big feeling. I will keep it short on Southampton as it is important to look forward in life. I had a meeting with the board - the first option was to go into the third year of my contract, and I said that was not possible. There was no way I was signing a new contract and I did not agree. Through that whole story, Everton showed that kind of interest. Southampton gave me the permission to talk to Everton and I’m the new manager - and that’s all I would like to say. Thanks to them, we had two fantastic seasons - thanks to the players, staff and fans, but I’m in Everton now.‘

To me what he said doesn't make sense? It reads as if first option was to go into final year of contract but he didn't want to do that! Surely it was the club who didn't want that ?

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

Koeman on trying to sign Saints players: 'It's difficult. Maybe it's better I don't make more fights with them.'

(said with a massive grin)

Interesting listening to Koeman on Sky Sports News, in short, he had meeting with club, Koeman's option was to see his contract out, Saints wanted him to sign new contract, Koeman said no, so saints said on ya way then..end of

The question is to us fans is would we have taken another year of RK knowing he could possibly have left at the end of the season ?

So, the complete opposite of what he was saying in public in recent months when asked about his contract situation...?

I presume what he meant was that we wanted to have a new (altered) contract for the 3rd year of his contract but he would not agree to that. May be we offered him more money but with strings attached?

It was pretty obvious that whatever happened, we would not let him go into the last year of his contract. Well it was obvious to me, which I why I kept saying that was clearly going to be the case. You're all very welcome.

It was pretty obvious that whatever happened, we would not let him go into the last year of his contract. Well it was obvious to me, which I why I kept saying that was clearly going to be the case. You're all very welcome.

remember people telling how wrong you were at the time. This what, 2 months ago???

good luck to him. He will improve everton no doubt. be interesting to see if he improves them enough to match their new lofty expectations?

dastardly2.jpg

;)

it is pretty clear.

We wanted him to sign a new deal. He was a bit hesitant. Everton wanted him.

we were not content on having him go into his last year. Better for him and us he went on to something new

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/1294245/ronald-koeman-didnt-just-go-for-the-dough-he-clashed-with-academy-chief-les-reed-over-saints-kids/

remember people telling how wrong you were at the time. This what, 2 months ago???

good luck to him. He will improve everton no doubt. be interesting to see if he improves them enough to match their new lofty expectations?

What a two faced muppet , you were caling him all sorts earlier in this thread...but then he has gone to Everton, your favourite club

Can you go too?

TBF i've been saying the same. ;)

An entire 12 months of ''will he, won't he?'' and players questioning if they want to sign has the hallmarks of an absolute disastrous season.

That's a temporary measure until they sort out their new ground though, the new one will probably be around 55,000 from what people are saying.

A club of their stature will require double that.

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk

That's a temporary measure until they sort out their new ground though, the new one will probably be around 55,000 from what people are saying.

Still a bit stupid to start doing up your current ground if you're serious about moving away in the near future.

Smells of Pompey's 'tidy up' to Fratton Park whilst they were building their harbor delight. Which never actually happened.

To me what he said doesn't make sense? It reads as if first option was to go into final year of contract but he didn't want to do that! Surely it was the club who didn't want that ?

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

he needs to spend another summer with the nuns. it's double dutch to me.

Lewis Coombes ‏@LEWIS_C

IF #Koeman intended to see out last year of contract but #saintsfc ultimatum to sign or leave forced his hand...why change agents?? #spin

because Guido Albers didn't push Koeman forward for Everton job?

And Koeman is a snake who even stabbed this agent in the back.

Lewis Coombes ‏@LEWIS_C

IF #Koeman intended to see out last year of contract but #saintsfc ultimatum to sign or leave forced his hand...why change agents?? #spin

Cos his original agent a, pushed for FDB and b, told Everton that RK had verbally agreed a new contract with SFC. I firmly believe that once RK got wind of the salary that was it bye bye agent bye bye SFC. All the rest is just hyperbole. SFC's statement says it all - do the right things, stick to your word and you can go with our blessing for your future. Do it the wrong way and we don't.

I'll probably get slammed by the posters on hear that want to believe that LR and SFC are the ones in the wrong but so be it - the history would tell me otherwise.

Cos his original agent a, pushed for FDB and b, told Everton that RK had verbally agreed a new contract with SFC. I firmly believe that once RK got wind of the salary that was it bye bye agent bye bye SFC. All the rest is just hyperbole. SFC's statement says it all - do the right things, stick to your word and you can go with our blessing for your future. Do it the wrong way and we don't.

I'll probably get slammed by the posters on hear that want to believe that LR and SFC are the ones in the wrong but so be it - the history would tell me otherwise.

Not slamming but history points to managers seeing out contracts causes issues Strachan and Pellegrini 2 examples .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry did I miss pellegrini managing us? Christ that nap was a long one! [emoji6]

You probably were watching England first half then.

At every press conference we would have the same question - it's immaterial anyway he saw the wages and jumped 21m for managing a football team we all would.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk