Ronald Koeman Joins Everton - CONFIRMED

Jimmy_D

1. Kat isn't that hands on. Any such meeting if it existed would not have involved her.

2. Saints hated Koeman and his attitude enough to offer him a new contract.

Posting as fact again are we....

You do not have any idea at all as to Katrina's involvement, why claim you do

You are a bit of a kn ob

Posting as fact again are we....

You do not have any idea at all as to Katrina's involvement, why claim you do

You are a bit of a kn ob

Did you actually read the original post? The timing and sequencing of events made practically no sense given Targett's boll*cking was in April. That's the problem with even legit ITKs - they're a red rag for all sorts of copycat fantasists.

Edited by shurlock

His son Len koeman on Twitter

yeah, just found it thanks...

Len Koeman ‏@lenkoeman 2h2 hours ago

It is official, my dad is joining Everton as the assistant coach of Ronald Koeman #Everton #WelcomeRonald #WelcomeErwin

I don't often get ITK snippets but from a very good source; Shortly after the M.Targett incident, Kat and Ron met for a meal (location anonymous to protect source) to discuss the matter of his attitude. This quickly descended into quite a noisy row where our owner read the snake his fortune. Apparently the chopping block was lined up and it was only for the dramatic turn of results that he was given stay of execution until the end of the season. He mostly sorted his attitude out for the last half season which is why they were willing to give him a chance at another year but not at 'any cost', results and points are the business and friendship and liking someone come second place. Then when Ron pulled the whole Everton as a bargaining chip card (matches closely the other story that Jack posted on Sotonian) after already agreeing terms with Saints, they simply turned round and said 'no thanks' with a fair number of the board pleased to be rid of his arrogant attitude and management style.

It doesn't add much to what we've already heard but it feels me with cheer to picture him getting a boloking from Kat over a meal and suggests our owner is much more involved than we knew.

Our results weren't bad prior to or just after that Leicester game. We had just won two on the bounce and two immediately after. Why would his his head be on the block at that point in the season? Sorry mate but your story stinks of ****.

Our results weren't bad prior to or just after that Leicester game. We had just won two on the bounce and two immediately after. Why would his his head be on the block at that point in the season? Sorry mate but your story stinks of ****.

You could be right. I'm not an expert like St Charlie and everyone else on here who know exactly what and how things are being done, I tend to take people, who tell me things and would have the insider knowledge to know it, at face value. One other poster has confirmed they heard the same thing about the Kat one on one at a restaurant. I stupidly came on here to tell what I heard without thinking.

Apologies to those who have been mortally offended for me sharing what I heard, it was bloody cheeky of me to bring something up on a footy chat and discussion forum without a signed confession from each of the individuals involved. ;)

You could be right. I'm not an expert like St Charlie and everyone else on here who know exactly what and how things are being done, I tend to take people, who tell me things and would have the insider knowledge to know it, at face value. One other poster has confirmed they heard the same thing about the Kat one on one at a restaurant. I stupidly came on here to tell what I heard without thinking.

Apologies to those who have been mortally offended for me sharing what I heard, it was bloody cheeky of me to bring something up on a footy chat and discussion forum without a signed confession from each of the individuals involved. ;)

Mongboards are unforgiving places pal, post at your peril.

You can post whatever you like. The rest can decide on how they take it. Would the timing of the supposed meeting and the idea of Kat and Ron having a public barney seem believable to you?

Well Ronald you look as though you are really looking forward to this challenge! Your affinity with Everton is palpable !!!!

Have you bitten off more than you can chew?

He looks and sounds what he is - scared and vulnerable as well as embarrassed and so he should be!

If he starts badly I wouldn't want to be in his shoes - apart from the nice salary of course ... I somehow doubt he will care too much though if it all goes Pete Tong

I do hope that Lakaku stays after watching him play in the Euros - what was Gary Linaker's description - ah yes - an entirely accurate 'Abject'

Empty words looked stupid in Everton shirt on holiday or where he was, wasn't comfortable with that . Rubbing a bit obviously

This interview was conducted in the Reception/Golf Club area at Vale do Lobo where he has his villa just down the road

Personally I think that some people are just so gutted that they don't hear anything, or know anybody who might be able to tell them anything so they respond in an aggressive manner to make themselves feel better. I'm sure you were right and it's hardly fantasy to suggest that Kat and Ron had dinner together and discussed the club she owns, and how it needs to protect its investment in youth. Keep on posting and ignore those that judge from behind keyboards.

This interview was conducted in the Reception/Golf Club area at Vale do Lobo where he has his villa just down the road

...... whilst on his 2nd holiday .... prior to the move being concluded

Christ almighty, it makes Nivea Boy's signing of a LFC shirt during the World Cup whilst still SFC Captain insignificant.

Konman was still officially Manager of SFC when this Interview / Shirt Signing was done. Hope we docked him a day's pay :x

No wonder he looks a bit sheepish doing it.

Welcome to the world of being some jumped up egomaniacal billionaires plaything!! #pussywhipped

Only came on this thread to see why it's still getting posts, but although he's now history, there is some entertainment in the inquest. The theory that he only raised the Everton job as a bargaining chip doesn't look particularly convincing but it can't be ruled out. If it did happen that way, it has been suggested that Erwin and Jan might not be so happy. To get them to leave as well, might have needed similar 100% pay increases and payment of the compensation for breaking their contracts. If that has not happened, any comments from either of those two might be more illuminating than anything we hear from the ex-manager.

Come on people, let's be real about this. He isn't upset at all, about going to EFC. I suspect in his eyes, his job at Saints was done. Two improvements and the chances are that it wouldn't happen this season. Not so good on the CV. Or rather, better on the CV to take a languishing EFC up the table (of course while being remunerated to a silly degree).

Now if the above is the case, and he felt that he could not take us any further, then it's the right thing for all concerned that he moves on. He's probably right - I am not going to hold up LCFC as what can happen, as that is the exception that proves the rule - but I think it preferable to not have that attitude. Maybe the verbal agreement on the contract extension means all the above supposition is billocks, but there you are.

Watching his interview and imagining scenarios where he is upset and longing to be back at saints is pathetic. Yes it's painful when you get dumped but probably best not to invest some fictional scenarios where poor old Ron was forced to sign a contract that doubles his wages against his will.

Just posted by Jan !!!

Jan Kluitenberg ‏@jankluit 31m31 minutes ago Apeldoorn, Nederland

I was the last weeks on holiday, family matters and a lot of phone calls. Had to read all messages you send to me. I promise to inform you..

And to add to this isnt Apeldoorn where someone was saying we were going to be based for Pre-Season ?