Ronald Koeman Joins Everton - CONFIRMED

Jimmy_D

Nordic, I have to question your sagacity if you cannot see a difference between shouting and belittling.

And...tarnishing an image. Who at the club has come out with that? Could you name me ONE person who has? Just one who has been pathetic?

You need to have a word with yourself if you think that constitutes belittling or bullying (assuming there were no other incidents).

Shurlock, as I have no idea of what was said, differentiating between bullying/belittling and a bollockîng is somewhat hard. But as you seem to be party to what went on in the dressing room and which the other players/staff allegedly found OTT, maybe you could let me know.

Shurlock, as I have no idea of what was said, differentiating between bullying/belittling and a bollockîng is somewhat hard. But as you seem to be party to what went on in the dressing room and which the other players/staff allegedly found OTT, maybe you could let me know.

To the extent it was a single incident informed by Targett's performance and was in the heat of a game (rather than a ritual campaign against the lad who had been credited on other ocassions), I am inclined to give RK the benefit of the doubt -whatever was specifically said.

If Koeman was such a knob then it's strange we offered him a new contract.

I prefer managers that get results instead of being nice to get on with.

But he was a relatively successful "knob" and popular with the fans so it would have been difficult to get rid of him having just finished 6th. As the post says though, when he started to use the offer from Everton to up his anti he overestimated his value to the club for all of the reasons given.

Do you think the players should have gone on strike? :rolleyes:

There are ways and means though aren't there. When was the last time you took an unwarranted (don't wit that's true) roasting then gave a flying 1 about the t*@t in charge. It's human nature to either take a step back or prove to him how much of a backside he really is.

Unfortunately a lot of footballers have been put on a pedistoole since they were very young so are likely to take it very personally.

They are getting all jittery and confused on GoT about this. Worry setting in that this new era isn't what they hope it will be and concerned that some of the guff on here might be on the money.

Personally I just it sorted and our new man in place sooner rather than later.

Longer is goes on the more that ITK stuff looks more correct, his second holiday is strange, as most football fans across the country aside Everton ones have said the desire to move to Everton is strange, these thing seem to start tallying up.

Could just be finer points, though you'd think if Moshri was so desperate to get his man and the salary amount seems that he is, a few clauses wouldn't bother him.

You'd think that once the compensation had been agreed and the personal terms were agreed it would have happened.

Amazing if some of this turns out to be true, but knowing the club I doubt they would ever air dirty laundry like this in public, so if he does sign for Everton you'll just get the usual guff about ambition etc. and the club will just say the usual thanks for service etc.

So the Liverpool Echo are reporting that there are delays.

I wonder what the hold up could be, I thought Everton were a massive club and any manager would drop anything to go there...

So massive they shouldn't need to buy players from little old 6th place Southampton, they should be aiming higher! ;)

Longer is goes on the more that ITK stuff looks more correct, his second holiday is strange, as most football fans across the country aside Everton ones have said the desire to move to Everton is strange, these thing seem to start tallying up.

Could just be finer points, though you'd think if Moshri was so desperate to get his man and the salary amount seems that he is, a few clauses wouldn't bother him.

You'd think that once the compensation had been agreed and the personal terms were agreed it would have happened.

Amazing if some of this turns out to be true, but knowing the club I doubt they would ever air dirty laundry like this in public, so if he does sign for Everton you'll just get the usual guff about ambition etc. and the club will just say the usual thanks for service etc.

On a small saints forum isn't exactly in public is it. If it had got the green light from the club it's actually a very crafty way of putting it out there, obviously massively biased towards saints..They've just tried to maximise all Ronalds bad points of his management, barely mentioning the record points total and superb player recruitment when 7 first team players left and Jay Rod was injured all season since his arrival. Maybe they think they deserve as much credit for that as Ron does, who knows.

They are getting all jittery and confused on GoT about this. Worry setting in that this new era isn't what they hope it will be and concerned that some of the guff on here might be on the money.

Personally I just it sorted and our new man in place sooner rather than later.

Must be big news if its making Game of Thrones all jittery and confused.

This is a personal opinion on the pointless Martin Samuel piece, but feel free to take an alternative view. I do not regard the Daily Mail as a newspaper in the sense that news matters and should be honest and truthful. In my opinion, the Mail is a propaganda sheet for a particular political party with stories on sport and other things just to get people to buy the paper. If they didn't carry these sort of items, the propaganda wouldn't be seen. The Mail is not alone of course, The Sun and the Express come immediately to mind, whilst the Daily Mirror does the same for another political party. Samuels' article having been posted here on the site, I have read it and see no value in it at all. As far as I'm concerned, its real function was to include an item that might attract a few people who are interested in football to read the paper.

I'm still certain we've seen the last of Ronald (even if it goes tits up with Everton to many bridges would seem to have been burnt for him to just pick up where he left off) but I have to say this delay getting it over the line is quite intriguing. I would have thought his agent would have had have the contract all but sorted and an agreement in place before Everton approached the club to ask permission to speak to Koeman. The clubs had by all accounts reached an agreement on compensation so it really should have been simple from this point on makes you wonder if there is some backtracking go on between Everton and Koeman.

Edited by doddisalegend

I'm still certain we've seen the last of Ronald (even if it goes tits up with Everton to many bridges would seem to have been burnt for him to just pick up where he left off) but I have to say this delay getting it over the line is quite intriguing. I would have though his agent would have had have the contract all but sorted and an agreement in place before Everton approached the club to ask permission to speak to Koeman. The clubs had by all accounts reached an agreement on compensation so it really should have been simple from this point on makes you wonder if there is some backtracking go on between Everton and Koeman.

Agree about the intrigue

FWIW I reckon that the sticking point is disagreement over our requirement for Everton not poaching our players, as has been mentioned by well placed posters.

There may be some issue about the Fitness Coach's position too eg does he really want to go

So the Liverpool Echo are reporting that there are delays.

I wonder what the hold up could be, I thought Everton were a massive club and any manager would drop anything to go there...

I just googled Farad Moshiri to get a better understanding on the guy and the club and was amused to see he spent a long time slowly building up a stake in Arsenal before giving up and going for his second choice of Everton. He then decides he wants the best (available) manager in the world and goes for Emery before giving up and going for his second choice of Koeman. You see the pattern developing here? Everton are without doubt a bigger club than Saints historically but the only thing that really matters is the present and the future. Everton will always be second best to Liverpool and, it seems, everything else. It's in their DNA.

I'm really not bothered by them. Or Koeman. I would like to keep the actual playing squad together as much as possible. I accept that we may lose Wanyama but as Koeman himself said, one or two changes each summer is no bad thing for the team as a whole. I think a new manager coming in would be very lucky to inherit this squad not to mention the promising youngsters who will probably get more of a chance to break through with a new man at the helm.

Very pleased with what we achieved with Koeman and I really took to him but he's damaged goods now and needs to move on.

Agree about the intrigue

FWIW I reckon that the sticking point is disagreement over our requirement for Everton not poaching our players, as has been mentioned by well placed posters.

There may be some issue about the Fitness Coach's position too eg does he really want to go

I would have thought the club would have got that agreement in place when they got the compensation sorted and before we let Everton speak to Koeman.

I would have thought the club would have got that agreement in place when they got the compensation sorted and before we let Everton speak to Koeman.

I think that's part of it though too.

He seemed to have agreed to the move before we gave permission for him to speak to them!

The suggestion on the Everton forum is that this would be illegal/unenforceable (beyond that of a gentleman's agreement, presumably)...can anyone shed any light on this, please? And to a lesser extent, can a similar agreement be installed on our transfer targets (of which RK is undoubtedly aware)? Surely not(?).

The suggestion on the Everton forum is that this would be illegal/unenforceable (beyond that of a gentleman's agreement, presumably)...can anyone shed any light on this, please? And to a lesser extent, can a similar agreement be installed on our transfer targets (of which RK is undoubtedly aware)? Surely not(?).
I don't see why it would be illegal or unenforceable?

Given that we would have to agree to any individual transfer anyway wouldn't this be pretty meaningless rather than unenforceable?

Maybe Erwin and Jan are kicking up a stink and trying to persuade RK to make peace and stay?

I have been speculating for a while that Erwin and/or Jan have more to do with this saga than credited so far. Ronald was clearly under pressure around New Year and it seems Club were seriously considering getting rid. His results before Christmas had been OK, but performances poor (Man U, Bournemouth & Leicester at home) and then the awful run of results (not forgetting the Arsenal win of course). Young players were not getting a look in. Ronald looked like a manager who really did not have an answer. Eventually after those 10 games things changed dramatically, and we then went on a brilliant run until the end of the season. Something happened (and it wasn't just Forster coming back). Did Erwin and Jan (who would have been impacted as well if Ron had gone) persuade Ronald to try something different and change his approach? In the end Ronald takes the credit and the changed approach (not just tactics, but also the way we played and the small increase in the use of young players, at least on the bench (witness Olufela Olumola suddenly making an appearance in the matchday squad, albeit unused). This is pure speculation, but it explains why the Club may have wanted to extend Ronald's contract, things changed markedly after the awful period pre/post Christmas and with the new working arrangements with Erwin/Jan possibly more to the fore, and Ronald's stubbornness overcome the extension made a lot of sense. Erwin and Jan, together with Sammy Lee may well have helped smooth over the issues with certain players and youngsters. We "know" Erwin and Jan are not keen to go to Everton, indeed there are suggestions Jan might stay, and all this means that Ronald's departure is not as clear cut as it seemed and maybe why things have not yet been finalised.

I know this is only a theory based on some of the stuff we have heard, but something happened in the background to change Saints' view of Ronald. Personally I hope the end result is that Ronald stays, I like him, but saw that he was struggling around mid season and like the Board apparently thought one option for him was to go. At the time I thought he had eventually seen the way forward himself but in retrospect it is possibly more likely that the turnaround was due to a management team effort rather than a eureka moment for RK himself.

If Koeman was such a knob then it's strange we offered him a new contract.

I prefer managers that get results instead of being nice to get on with.

You can get results with and without an eye on the medium/long term (ie academy etc), though - maybe the board felt RK was doing the former?

FWIW I think the board had concerns on this but recognised PR disaster if they didn't offer a new contract. New contract was therefore offered but without pulling out all the stops and Everton situation, though not great on ambition/PR front, wasn't entirely unwelcome

I don't see why it would be illegal or unenforceable?

It restricts the movements of employees (ie players) without them having any say.

Similar situation concerns restrictive covenants, which are common place in many industries to stop senior staff taking clients with them when they leave. However, if client wants to leave with senior staff and expresses a wish to, there's not a lot any party can do about it

Absolute rubbish from them and obviously someone who has never moved companies and been in a position to take clients or staff with them. Anything is possible, it would simply be a case of not being allowed to poach Saints players or staff except those named (i.e. the 3 management potentially leaving) and if that were broken, then Saints would sue for recovery of lost funds, cost of recruiting a replacement, cost of that player's contract etc etc etc. It's all possible.

On a small saints forum isn't exactly in public is it. If it had got the green light from the club it's actually a very crafty way of putting it out there, obviously massively biased towards saints..They've just tried to maximise all Ronalds bad points of his management, barely mentioning the record points total and superb player recruitment when 7 first team players left and Jay Rod was injured all season since his arrival. Maybe they think they deserve as much credit for that as Ron does, who knows.

No that's what I mean though, so whilst some employees may link it in personal conversations as the ITK post says, probably knowing that it will be leaked to fans, it's not an official confirmation. What I mean is when me moves/doesn't move whatever I fully expect all statements to be just regulation. Whereas personally love to see the club say (if it;s true) that Koeman was trying to use the Everton offer as a bargaining chip and that he had overstated his worth.

You can't discredit the job he had done though, but as you say how much is also because of our set up, the board decisions, the black box etc. Or as other have mentioned Erwin, Sammy Lee etc.