Ronald Koeman Joins Everton - CONFIRMED

Jimmy_D

So we don't get the compensation, we have to carry on paying the Koemans to not work AND pay for a new manager and his staff. It would cost us millions. Seems like madness

Your talking complete nonsense - this would be the best shout as it would likely keep Koeman out of the perm for a while. Everton will have to go for another manager and then Koeman would move to some one else. We need to keep teams like Everton well behind us if we want to progress - so stifling them with this and then them having to make do with their 4/5th choice.

Also he ****ing deserves it for doing a lallana - leave with class, a la schneiderlin.

Your talking complete nonsense - this would be the best shout as it would likely keep Koeman out of the perm for a while. Everton will have to go for another manager and then Koeman would move to some one else. We need to keep teams like Everton well behind us if we want to progress - so stifling them with this and then them having to make do with their 4/5th choice.

Also he ****ing deserves it for doing a lallana - leave with class, a la schneiderlin.

and at the same time, we are ahead of the game in finding a new manager

And how do you think future managers will view it? Getting good replacements will be harder if people think we will stand in the way of future career progression.

And how do you think future managers will view it? Getting good replacements will be harder if people think we will stand in the way of future career progression.

That all gets sorted in the contract of employment negotiation. it wouldnt be an issue, especially if managers honoured their contract.

Ronald might end up spending quality time with the following.

is?ohsa9uZBzOFObtKaSzmkRNErrHBtYON46VGxOIKyjB8&height=287

How ****ing funny would that be!!??

Been wondering about the length of time it's all taking to go through......in fact wondering if there could be grounds for 'tapping up' or whatever the phrase is now. The whole deny interest, change agent, agent says its agreed then backtracks.

Wonder if we've lodged a complaint with the FA?

I think the board will say - don't ****ing lie to us and you'll be alright. We aren't going to be stopping players or managers going to top clubs (Barca, Real, United, Bayern, Arse etc..) ever. But do it in the right way - Wanyama, for example, has been quite clear that he wants to go - fair enough we aren't the only club in the world, maybe it is for the money maybe not - but he hasn't been dishonest about it and wasted anyone's time.

Unlike K-Billy, Everton's ITKer is pretty confident that things are going to plan and the news flow will start Monday.

Are we ever had a rival mongboard ITK-off?

Depends who his source is versus KBSS. If his source doesn't know any better than "yes we're getting RK, set to be announced Monday" then that is all the info the other ITK will have. Equally, KBSS may have found something out which is much more up-to-date, especially from our end, which may be more accurate.

The fact is, he STILL hasn't been announced despite the Everton ITK claiming it had been done weeks ago and set to be announced the following day. I feel there is still something holding up, probably regarding poaching clauses which we aren't happy with so are not accepting the £5m comp. In which case, RK is not able to complete his move, hence getting put on "gardening leave" for the last year of his contract.

Who knows though, really. All that is needed is for Everton to decide to abide by the poaching clause (assuming that is the hold up) and then we can both get on our merry way. It doesn't help RK's position to not manage for a year, nor do we really want to spend £££ on a new manager and backroom staff in place without any compensation.

could this be a no-goer. Koeman to Everton that it???

could K.Billys 'other' be Ronald himself?

That would be great. A compromise between Reed and Koeman that he can see out the third year of his contract. I guess it wouldn't be a compromise because that's what Koeman wanted to do anyway whereas Reed wanted him to commit to a new contract. But, I still think we could have a great season if he stays.

Just over 2 weeks I posted this reply to goneawol in the Mane thread:

"Originally Posted by goneawol

15:40

Mane could stay at Southampton We've got some news coming out of Southampton this afternoon, courtesy of Sportsmail's SAM CUNNINGHAM.

He reports that Sadio Mane's exit from Southampton is far from decided, with a source close to the player revealing he appears to be changing his mind about wanting to leave.

It is believed he recently bought a house in the local area and, despite being all set to go in January when Manchester United made an offer which Southampton turned down, his exit is not so certain now."

Noridc Saint:

That's great news, especially with Koeman staying too. Really looking forward to next season more than any other I can ever recall.

It's unlikely to happen, I know. Pride is at stake. But, if it doesn't, we really do need a high profile manager to boost morale again. An unknown is going to seem like a bit of a letdown at first, even if he does go on to achieve success.

Depends who his source is versus KBSS. If his source doesn't know any better than "yes we're getting RK, set to be announced Monday" then that is all the info the other ITK will have. Equally, KBSS may have found something out which is much more up-to-date, especially from our end, which may be more accurate.

The fact is, he STILL hasn't been announced despite the Everton ITK claiming it had been done weeks ago and set to be announced the following day. I feel there is still something holding up, probably regarding poaching clauses which we aren't happy with so are not accepting the £5m comp. In which case, RK is not able to complete his move, hence getting put on "gardening leave" for the last year of his contract.

Who knows though, really. All that is needed is for Everton to decide to abide by the poaching clause (assuming that is the hold up) and then we can both get on our merry way. It doesn't help RK's position to not manage for a year, nor do we really want to spend £££ on a new manager and backroom staff in place without any compensation.

All of which is plausible. The Everton ITKer posted last night, so whatever news he has or had may have been superseded by K-Billy's. That said, for all we know from K-Billy's typically enigmatic post(s), Koeman may have just bought a brand new house up there with a great big garden...

Wouldn't him going on Gardening leave just leave Everton throwing money at other potential management targets that we might be going for?

Whilst initially it would seem nice to screw them over, (wasn't there some talk recently that we won't be doing any future business with Spurs because Levy was basically an arrogant arse and was deemed not very professional?, might come back to bite us. Though considering how well the club does it's research I doubt 'throw money at something' Moshri would probably be aware of other quality candidates and is just going after 'names' he knows.

Thing is we could just basically ignore Everton from here on out and no one would care, I can't see many of our players desperate to move to Everton, especially without Koeman, so actually thinking about it I'd take the hit of his wages for a year to just screw over him and Everton to punish them for taking us for a ride. If they are acting a la Spurs and levy, **** them and blacklist any dealings with them.

Wouldn't him going on Gardening leave just leave Everton throwing money at other potential management targets that we might be going for?

Whilst initially it would seem nice to screw them over, (wasn't there some talk recently that we won't be doing any future business with Spurs because Levy was basically an arrogant arse and was deemed not very professional?, might come back to bite us. Though considering how well the club does it's research I doubt 'throw money at something' Moshri would probably be aware of other quality candidates and is just going after 'names' he knows.

Thing is we could just basically ignore Everton from here on out and no one would care, I can't see many of our players desperate to move to Everton, especially without Koeman, so actually thinking about it I'd take the hit of his wages for a year to just screw over him and Everton to punish them for taking us for a ride. If they are acting a la Spurs and levy, **** them and blacklist any dealings with them.

They aren't as well organised or run as we are - their list was basically Koeman with Emry as back up. Emry has gone to PSG and with Koeman potentially not on the tables I get the feeling there is no further plans.

K Billy insinuated there was another manager we were interested in that no one has mentioned - that's where our strength lies, detail. I imagine if the gardening leave happens, then they would get FdB, but I hope the management are longing this out so they end up getting giggs.

Losing players or managers to Liverpool, United & arsenal isn't a big deal - losing players or managers to stoke, palace, Swansea or Everton is as they are the ones competing for the upstart position in the league.

If he went gardening, would we be liable for constructive dismissal?

no, because he would still be a Southampton employee on normal wages, just winding down his contract unable to work elsewhere.

That all gets sorted in the contract of employment negotiation. it wouldnt be an issue, especially if managers honoured their contract.

Well managers would think twice about ****ing us over in future... definitely worth it. Statement that we aren't gonna let people screw us anymore.

I think the board will say - don't ****ing lie to us and you'll be alright. We aren't going to be stopping players or managers going to top clubs (Barca, Real, United, Bayern, Arse etc..) ever. But do it in the right way - Wanyama, for example, has been quite clear that he wants to go - fair enough we aren't the only club in the world, maybe it is for the money maybe not - but he hasn't been dishonest about it and wasted anyone's time.

You lot are thinking like fans...

I don't like what Ronnie has done either but I'm willing to bet most managers won't think he has done much wrong and would view the club playing hardball as unfair. Which could well effect future recruitment if we get a reputation as difficult. The idea of seeing out contracts only exists in the mind of fans not managers and players.

I don't like what Ronnie has done either but I'm willing to bet most managers won't think he has done much wrong and would view the club playing hardball as unfair. Which could well effect future recruitment if we get a reputation as difficult. The idea of seeing out contracts only exists in the mind of fans not managers and players.

It's such an unusual situation because he said he was staying. Poch, Clyne, Spiderman, Shaw, Bale, Wanyama, Mane - none of them had stay they will definitely stay when the have or could go.

As I said before - wanting to go to another club isn't an issue, lying about it is. It ****s up our plans - and that's what we do best - have a plan, have a ****ing clue - most clubs don't. It's an attack on the fundamental reason for our recent success.

The 'no poaching' clause seems to be the sticking point. I imagine Saints are playing hardball by suggesting they wont let Koeman go unless Everton agree to the clause. Seems fair and reasonable to me.

If that's the sticking point then Everton must be desperate for one or more of our players?

Could it possibly be that Everton are having 2nd thoughts or want to talk to other options but Koeman and/or agent are trying to push it through. Maybe Saints have heard this but think the relationship with RK is untenable & would prefer to put him on gardening leave them keep as manager.

Maybe a bit far fetched but nothing would surprise me.

Not sure if we did put RK on gardening leave how this would effect us replacing him if by law we can ?

I'm still sticking with my "Koeman helped engineer new contracts with release clauses for the players he was keen to take to Everton with him" conspiracy theory, and its that 'loophole' that the club are now trying to plug. Highly unlikely I know....

rubbish. if you sign a contract you're stuck with it until a party compensates to finish the contract early. in most cases agreements can be reached to close the contract early (ie any usual manager movement), but it has to be beneficial to both sides ending the contract.

No gardening leave to see out your contract is quite common for top executives and is in face written into most contracts we didn't dismiss him he chose to leave early

Might be your wording, but this is completely wrong - if your going to a competitor and you have a long notice you'll be placed on gardening leave immediately and then use the next 6-9 months to make sure you can make as little impact as possible. Remember that footballers (players and staff) are essentially contractors, every other walk of life has perm employees for this exact reason.

Might be your wording, but this is completely wrong - if your going to a competitor and you have a long notice you'll be placed on gardening leave immediately and then use the next 6-9 months to make sure you can make as little impact as possible. Remember that footballers (players and staff) are essentially contractors, every other walk of life has perm employees for this exact reason.

Slightly different circumstances but wasn't Dave Jones put on gardening leave whilst we appointed Hoddle?

Slightly different circumstances but wasn't Dave Jones put on gardening leave whilst we appointed Hoddle?

Yes. That's the only scenario where it is common in football.

Would be staggered if we put Koeman on gardening leave. Would be difficult for all concerned.

I very much doubt that the club would put Koeman on gardening leave. It would cost us millions.

It would cost us exactly 5 mil for the Koeman bros and the fitness coach - the saving on the back end of the season is much greater and the message further so.

could this be a no-goer. Koeman to Everton that it???

could K.Billys 'other' be Ronald himself?

My favourites bit of that long deluded rant was the pride with which it was stated that they are about to smash their wage structure! A a sure fire way to long term success

One of many reasons why I detest roy keane. I don't give a flying f*ck about man utd, I wish them nothing but harm, but the way that c*nt held them to ransom made me vomit. And the heroes welcome he got from their "fans" after he finally signed that contract was equally sickening.

It would cost us exactly 5 mil for the Koeman bros and the fitness coach - the saving on the back end of the season is much greater and the message further so.

We would lose the £5 million compensation, and have to pay them £5 million in salary. That makes the total cost £10 million.

Club history is important to the supporter's of that club. I look back with fondness on all sorts of moments in my clubs history but I'm realistic enough to know it means **** all to fans of other clubs. Trying to convince other fans of other clubs your club is great/big/successful or whatever by citing anything that happened more than a couple of seasons ago is just a bit sad and pointless because for most fans a team is only as good as it's last season.

Hello DIL, good response, however, you can bet and safely bet at that, that in an argument, debate or any taunting between say Liverpool and Man U fans, who has won what becomes fundamental to the interchanges, absolutely fundamental indeed it consumes and drives the whole issue. History you can rest assured is not dismissed there and why is that do you think?

If you have to keep saying you're a big club - you are not.

We never had to, it was perceived wisdom by many (and rightly so) until this whole affair started.

I am 32 and can just about remember Everton winning the FA Cup in 1995. Apart from that, my whole football supporting life they have generally been a mid-table team, with some occasional forays into the top six and equally some near misses with relegation. Yes they are a bigger club than Saints, don't think any on here would deny that, but I certainly never viewed them as a significant entity in the PL like the top clubs.

Of course if they start chucking huge sums of money around that may change. They could turn into the next plastic moneybags Man City (unlikely imo), or it could all go tits up ala Leeds and the skates. Neither scenario is dignified. Give me our model of sustainable, self sufficient growth any day.

I'm in my late 30s. In person during that time, i.e. actually at the matches, I've seen my team win 2 league titles, 1 FA Cup, 1 European trophy and numerous Charity Shields. In the last 30 years, I've watched my team in 4 FA Cup Finals, 5 FA Cup semi finals and 3 two-legged League Cup semis. I've seen my team play at Wembley in key domestic games 8 times.

In the last 10 years alone, my team has finished in the top 7 in 7 out of the past 10 seasons. During that time, my team has been in 1 FA Cup Final, 3 FA Cup Semis & 2 two-legged League Cup semis.

Now I really don't care whether any of you think we're big or small, but over the past decade (a better barometer than 'the last 2 years') - okay we've not won anything, but we've been close several times, and we've be in and around the key moments of numerous competitions. I don't think many other 'mid-table' teams can claim that sort of record of the past 10 years. It's somewhat bizarre that you don't see us as a 'significant entity'. This past season alone, we were shown live on tv 21 times, the 7th most of any team in the league. Southampton were shown 14 times. The top 7 most shown clubs this past season were Arsenal, Man Utd, Man City, Liverpool, Chelsea, Spurs and Everton. TV companies pick the most significant (biggest?) teams to show live, that's a fact.

We would lose the £5 million compensation, and have to pay them £5 million in salary. That makes the total cost £10 million.

*total opportunity cost

but the benefit, whilst not monetary, would be hilarious+ Everton would need to find someone else

We never had to, it was perceived wisdom by many (and rightly so) until this whole affair started.

I'm in my late 30s. In person during that time, i.e. actually at the matches, I've seen my team win 2 league titles, 1 FA Cup, 1 European trophy and numerous Charity Shields. In the last 30 years, I've watched my team in 4 FA Cup Finals, 5 FA Cup semi finals and 3 two-legged League Cup semis. I've seen my team play at Wembley in key domestic games 8 times.

In the last 10 years alone, my team has finished in the top 7 in 7 out of the past 10 seasons. During that time, my team has been in 1 FA Cup Final, 3 FA Cup Semis & 2 two-legged League Cup semis.

Now I really don't care whether any of you think we're big or small, but over the past decade (a better barometer than 'the last 2 years') - okay we've not won anything, but we've been close several times, and we've be in and around the key moments of numerous competitions. I don't think many other 'mid-table' teams can claim that sort of record of the past 10 years. It's somewhat bizarre that you don't see us as a 'significant entity'. This past season alone, we were shown live on tv 21 times, the 7th most of any team in the league. Southampton were shown 14 times. The top 7 most shown clubs this past season were Arsenal, Man Utd, Man City, Liverpool, Chelsea, Spurs and Everton. TV companies pick the most significant (biggest?) teams to show live, that's a fact.

A fan of Manchester United, Arsenal, Liverpool or Chelsea wouldn't need to come on a Southampton Football Club forum to list out all the reasons why his club is so big. That's a fact.

And what about their wages? We are a club that's well run and run to make a profit. I find it hard to believe that they would suddenly opt to lose out on around 10 mil.

A fan of Manchester United, Arsenal, Liverpool or Chelsea wouldn't need to come on a Southampton Football Club forum to list out all the reasons why his club is so big. That's a fact.

It's extraordinary that so many have such an inferiority complex. I guess that comes from the media always focusing on Liverpool. Sad really. They are now going on about being in the money and having £100m to spend. Fact is, Man Utd might well spend £100m on one player.

Like I said, in my time watching football you have won the same as that footballing giant, Wigan, so why would I view you on a par with the likes of Man Utd and Arsenal? I also didn't realise being shown on TV a lot makes you a big club. My bad.

And what about their wages? We are a club that's well run and run to make a profit. I find it hard to believe that they would suddenly opt to lose out on around 10 mil.

depends whether you actually save the wages by taking compensation. many times over the years i've heard that players get their contracts paid up when they are sold.

as i mentioned on another forum, the club were not budgeting for £5m compensation. The club were budgeting to spend £3.5m a year without receiving compensation.

If we stood to be relieved of RK's wages by selling him then by keeping him on garden leave we are burning £2m for one year against a minimum of three years for the next managerial contract isn't huge and still leaves us with a healthy budget of around £2.8m for the new manager's contract based on the same spending.

I haven't budgeted for JK or EK because I've no idea what they are being paid.

Many big companies now have senior directors on three year rolling contracts rather than as per enact employees

If they want to leave to a competitor in the middle of a three year contract both sides can agree to mutually terminate the contract or, if the company wants to, it can put the director on gardening leave till the contract runs out

This is very much like a player/ manager situation

You are right in that permeates employees have notice periods which generally increase as you get more senior Gardening leave is an option for companies in lieu of notice equally notice periods can get reduced if both parties agree

Let me tell you this. We've been pillaged by Spurs, Arsenal, Utd and most notably by Liverpool. Not one solitary fan from any of those clubs have joined this forum to gloat or be in general dickheads about it and they collectively signed some of our best players and staff.

You've signed a manager that whilst doing well, we don't seem too bothered about losing yet you've had numerous fans jumping on here to tell us that you're step up and that you were the first team to install floodlights or some **** like that.

None of us give a toss, and you've all come across as arrogant deluded tossers.

Have fun with Koeman but I bet you £20 to any charity you want that we finish above you next season. Thanks.