Ronald Koeman Joins Everton - CONFIRMED

Jimmy_D

You bunch of bitter little gob****e. Just because we came and took what we wanted.

I always preferred Portsmouth. Nicer place too.

Good luck with the cruise liners too you gang of crying fannies!

I didn't realise the cruise ships were moving to Everton silly me. Quite frankly nobody I know really gives a **** regarding how big a football club you may be either now or in the past.

All I remember about Everton was your fans poor showing at Highbury in 84 giving it large then running a mile. 3 days later we played you at the dell and you brought approx 45 fans with you, now for one of the worlds greatest that is so bad.

Enjoy your moment and please feel free to come back on here later in the year when you are challenging on all fronts to really rub it in whilst we are quietly going about our business of making you super clubs look stupid once again.

Perhaps we will even see you gloating in the pubs of Southampton before the game next season although I doubt your mum will let you out.

Goodbye now and look forward to your gloating in the future.

Have only just read this Telegraph article, and I appreciate that many people have already responded to it but would just like to say that my reaction was one of considerable amusement. Probably the reaction of a good few others. It reads like an article designed for the club magazine and yet, unintentionally, it portrays Southampton as a club of immense stature. To say that Everton could not have made ANY more forceful statement of their massive status (the aristocracy of the Premier League, LOL) than by recruiting the manager from, wait for it.... Southampton, is absolutely laughable. Maybe the manager of Real Madrid, Barcelona, Man U, Arsenal, or even Leicester might have justified such an ostentatious claim, but the manager of the team that finished 6th in the League? Not really! This Chris Bascombe, who wrote the piece should consider becoming a script writer for Michael Mcintyre.

What is it that Pride comes before? No need to remind me.

Actually in the last nearly 80 seasons my mate tells me Everton have only finished above Liverpool something like 16 times so not since the 70's..they have been in their shadow since before the war!

Liverpool FC were borne of Everton FC a split in the club created this junior club which lived in Everton's shadow till the arrival of the remarkable Bill Shankly and his 1960s revolution rescuing them from years of 2nd division oblivion. No denying their unparalleled national dominance through the 70s and 80s was extraordinary and matched only by our own relative demise but to try and suggest it obviates history prior to these times is fantastically desperate just because Ronnie has gone.

Is your mate the fella who hangs around the McDonalds bins near the docks stinking of ****?

Liverpool FC were borne of Everton FC a split in the club created this junior club which lived in Everton's shadow till the arrival of the remarkable Bill Shankly and his 1960s revolution rescuing them from years of 2nd division oblivion. No denying their unparalleled national dominance through the 70s and 80s was extraordinary and matched only by our own relative demise but to try and suggest it obviates history prior to these times is fantastically desperate just because Ronnie has gone.

Is your mate the fella who hangs around the McDonalds bins near the docks stinking of ****?

even your user name is a failure lol. Let's try and cloak Liverpools obvious more recent successful history by saying its what went before the 2nd world war that is important.

it must be something to do with solid blue shirts.

-3.7/10

You're adorable! This one I think we should keep.

I don't know why everyone gets so angry. Football owes us nothing...we are the ones that pay our money into a system in which we get nothing in return other than watching people play football. Then we get annoyed when people jump ship...we will never be in the same universe as players but we think we do because we pump our hard earned cash...we don't get to live their celebrity lifestyle. If we all stopped paying into football...football wouldn't survive. It needs your money and in return you get a very small window for the pleasure.

I'm glad Koeman is leaving...because it paves the way for someone who I hope will take our Youth Academy forward and see us aim high. If it never gets achieved I wont ever lose sleep as I realise life is worth living. Sharing time with family and friends...those are the things no amount of money can buy...true connection. Unfortunately in football that very connection is false.

even your user name is a failure lol. Let's try and cloak Liverpools obvious more recent successful history by saying its what went before the 2nd world war that is important.

it must be something to do with solid blue shirts.

Try before the first world war. That's what's important!

You bunch of bitter little gob****e. Just because we came and took what we wanted.

It's a bit early to post when drunk. I remember a world cup once where there were lots of robberies of left luggage at a fan zone. Scousers were blamed by everybody, it didn't matter what English club they supported, so you do have a reputation for taking. I suspect we're getting money up front.

As someone who lives nearer Portsmouth than Southampton your second statemement made me laugh. It's got some good tourist attractions but a deeply unattractive atmosphere and people.

Finally, if Liverpool do get the cruise liners asthmatics in Southampton will be celebrating. You're probably too uninformed to understand the significance of that statement.

Interested enough to reply to 90% of my posts saying how uninterested you are.

Its a link to an article, feel free to click or leave as you please.

Its also not a negative article about Saints, its more a positive one about Everton. In fact...it barely mentions Saints.

Of course it's positive about Everton as all you do is point out how every other club is better in some way than ours

As you said its about Everton so why post it on a saints forum, just feck off to the blue dipper's and tell them

how much you love them

You obsessive posting is a joke

Not still here are you? You got what you wanted now **** off back to scouseland

Mods - please can you rule that any posts relating to Everton are off-topic - it is getting boring sifting through the bluenose posts to find the saints one (which are the only ones worth reading)

Bitter nah just better in every way - no class that's you lot.

Let me spell it out for you. In Dec and Jan the team managed 4 points in 8 games and were knocked out of two cups including losing 6-1 to Liverpool reserves. Koeman was under notice to improve and not far from the sack. He was lucky in that Pelle was injured and he had to play Long coinciding with Forster keeping 6 clean sheets and bought himself time and the team was better with Long up front.

Koeman had one year left and two options either sign up for longer or be sacked as we didn't want a one year lame duck manager as we all know what happens there. Enter our saviour, as Koeman wasn't signing rather than having to pay for option two Everton kindly stepped in and offered us £5m to take the problem off our hands. That will now pay for the next three years of a decent manager. I wish you the best of luck and when Ronald gets into one of his poor phases without seeming to know how to get out of it, it will be interesting to view how Everton deal with it.

I don't think I have ever read such a one sided article. Anyway who says they have more money? Maybe we could have matched the offer but didn't think he was anywhere near worth it? Or maybe the contract extension we offered was even less than what we are currently paying him because we were trying to push him out the the door? No-one knows for sure and we may never will. This article is just dribble. I really do think we wanted him out, and Everton got wind of this.

If Everton thought we would be happy to part with him, why did they offer him so much money? Surely he would have gone for less and still be quids in.

If Everton thought we would be happy to part with him, why did they offer him so much money? Surely he would have gone for less and still be quids in.

Billionaire ???? that does his own thing. Reminds me of the Lowe story negotiating, saying before you start I'm not paying more than £xxxxxxx when they were willing to sell to us for about half.

Also if Koeman is so keen why isn't it done yet and why did the have to offer him so much money to get him ?

I don't know why everyone gets so angry. Football owes us nothing...we are the ones that pay our money into a system in which we get nothing in return other than watching people play football. Then we get annoyed when people jump ship...we will never be in the same universe as players but we think we do because we pump our hard earned cash...we don't get to live their celebrity lifestyle. If we all stopped paying into football...football wouldn't survive. It needs your money and in return you get a very small window for the pleasure.

I'm glad Koeman is leaving...because it paves the way for someone who I hope will take our Youth Academy forward and see us aim high. If it never gets achieved I wont ever lose sleep as I realise life is worth living. Sharing time with family and friends...those are the things no amount of money can buy...true connection. Unfortunately in football that very connection is false.

Clearly this fellow needs to be banned for his complete loss of proper perspective.

It's a bit early to post when drunk. I remember a world cup once where there were lots of robberies of left luggage at a fan zone. Scousers were blamed by everybody, it didn't matter what English club they supported, so you do have a reputation for taking. I suspect we're getting money up front.

As someone who lives nearer Portsmouth than Southampton your second statemement made me laugh. It's got some good tourist attractions but a deeply unattractive atmosphere and people.

Finally, if Liverpool do get the cruise liners asthmatics in Southampton will be celebrating. You're probably too uninformed to understand the significance of that statement.

The low sulphur fuel directive for shipping doesn't apply to cruise ships leaving Liverpool so they can be more pollutive than ours. http://www.imo.org/en/MediaCentre/PressBriefings/Pages/44-ECA-sulphur.aspx#.V1h2YJB4WK0

The low sulphur fuel directive for shipping doesn't apply to cruise ships leaving Liverpool so they can be more pollutive than ours. http://www.imo.org/en/MediaCentre/PressBriefings/Pages/44-ECA-sulphur.aspx#.V1h2YJB4WK0

That's only right. Nobody wants to upset scousers. There will be years of b-i-t-c-h-ing and moaning if you do.

That's only right. Nobody wants to upset scousers. There will be years of b-i-t-c-h-ing and moaning if you do.

Years of personal injury claims more like. They'll be down the docks quicker than a scally up a drainpipe, sniffing it all in. I think their boat's come in.

Most likely reason to me as to why this has happened is that SFC were treating RK like any player who only has a year to run on his contract. As we know it was being discussed that we were negotiating an extension on the basis that if none were signed then we should let RK go. Not good for us knowing that he was seeing out his contract and no more. New agent comes in and starts destabilizing negotiations further and looking at the options. Just a theory.

I

Let me spell it out for you. In Dec and Jan the team managed 4 points in 8 games and were knocked out of two cups including losing 6-1 to Liverpool reserves. Koeman was under notice to improve and not far from the sack. He was lucky in that Pelle was injured and he had to play Long coinciding with Forster keeping 6 clean sheets and bought himself time and the team was better with Long up front.

Koeman had one year left and two options either sign up for longer or be sacked as we didn't want a one year lame duck manager as we all know what happens there. Enter our saviour, as Koeman wasn't signing rather than having to pay for option two Everton kindly stepped in and offered us £5m to take the problem off our hands. That will now pay for the next three years of a decent manager. I wish you the best of luck and when Ronald gets into one of his poor phases without seeming to know how to get out of it, it will be interesting to view how Everton deal with it.

Concise and to the point. A point I have made. Whilst I am annoyed at Koeman's integrity he was not that marvellous.

Everton will be dissapointed, will end up paying a shed load of compensation when he is unloaded and the story ends happily ...

Whilst a lot of what you've said is true, I don't believe Koeman was as bad as you and everyone is saying. Tactically, he's probably the least frustrating of all the recent managers in my opinion. Many of his substitutions were decent and when we did get into a slump (as many clubs do) he was one of the few who recognised it AND acted upon it (change of formation, back to basics and discovering and implementing methods to arrest the situation).

But yes, if he was always going to go (as alluded to, I personally don't have any word on this myself) then to get £5m for someone who was going to walk anyway isn't bad business at all. Oh well, time to move on and see what the next part of the project is...

If he is wrong please provide me with the number of times Everton have finished above Liverpool in the last 80 years? I ain't counting them as I don't care and in my mind Everton, Preston Huddesfield and Wolves ( but not villa as they have been European champions- like Liverpool but unlike Everton) are teams which share a rich history but are now a run of the mill make up the numbers team who have been ****e for years and years! By the way he is a Liverpool fan and I am pretty confident he is right.

Ps he says Everton are and always have been an irrelevance and not even a rival..he cares more about Man Utd.

Whilst a lot of what you've said is true, I don't believe Koeman was as bad as you and everyone is saying. Tactically, he's probably the least frustrating of all the recent managers in my opinion. Many of his substitutions were decent and when we did get into a slump (as many clubs do) he was one of the few who recognised it AND acted upon it (change of formation, back to basics and discovering and implementing methods to arrest the situation).

But yes, if he was always going to go (as alluded to, I personally don't have any word on this myself) then to get £5m for someone who was going to walk anyway isn't bad business at all. Oh well, time to move on and see what the next part of the project is...

Agree he was a great manager just that run, playing Pelle too often and the youth players not getting a chance were his only downfalls.

He balanced a great defensive organisation with a shed load of goals and gave us some great memories (8-0 v Sunderland, Wins at Arsenal, Spurs, Chelsea and twice at United, 6-1 v Villa loads of great home wins like 4-0 v Arsenal when they were right at the top and the superb run second half of this season).

Also got us some great signings when half the team was sold then another 2 key players the summer after whether he had more say than the board or not (I have a feeling for most he had a very big say).

But as people have said on here it was a case of sign an extension or go even though sacking him would have been seen as an absolute joke after 2 record premier league points totals and finishes. He rather sign for more money in his wallet and the transfer market so Everton have either saved us the embarrassment of sacking a record breaking manager or poached a very good manager only for us to get an even better or adequate replacement for the next 2 or 3 years

If he had not insisted he was staying/seeing out his contract over and over, not using us as a stepping stone like he came out and said shortly after he joined perhaps the feeling wouldn't be so hostile but he's made his bed now he's got to lie in it. Personally I hope he does really badly or alternatively does quite well but leaves after only or less than a year after Barcelona or Arsenal come calling

Thanks for the memories Ron but you sir are a liar and snake

Agree he was a great manager just that run, playing Pelle too often and the youth players not getting a chance were his only downfalls.

He balanced a great defensive organisation with a shed load of goals and gave us some great memories (8-0 v Sunderland, Wins at Arsenal, Spurs, Chelsea and twice at United, 6-1 v Villa loads of great home wins like 4-0 v Arsenal when they were right at the top and the superb run second half of this season).

Also got us some great signings when half the team was sold then another 2 key players the summer after whether he had more say than the board or not (I have a feeling for most he had a very big say).

But as people have said on here it was a case of sign an extension or go even though sacking him would have been seen as an absolute joke after 2 record premier league points totals and finishes. He rather sign for more money in his wallet and the transfer market so Everton have either saved us the embarrassment of sacking a record breaking manager or poached a very good manager only for us to get an even better or adequate replacement for the next 2 or 3 years

If he had not insisted he was staying/seeing out his contract over and over, not using us as a stepping stone like he came out and said shortly after he joined perhaps the feeling wouldn't be so hostile but he's made his bed now he's got to lie in it. Personally I hope he does really badly or alternatively does quite well but leaves after only or less than a year after Barcelona or Arsenal come calling

Thanks for the memories Ron but you sir are a liar and snake

So it's not Koeman's fault at all. If the club really were going to turf him out at this stage, then I can't hold it against him. Me, I was happy with one more year under him and then accept he would to go to Arsenal etc. Seems the club weren't. Will we ever know the full story? Probably not.

Having had enough time to digest the news. Not sure we should be angry with RK. True he often spoke about loyalty and seeing his contract out, but loyalty works both ways. We had the rumours on hear that he might be pushed out if he was not going to sign a contract extension, so we can be pretty sure he would have been aware of those same rumours. So why wouldn't he be interested in a new challenge elsewhere to protect his career (ok amd earn 7mil a yr) rather than stay here and hope not to get sacked before his contract ends.

We had a great couple of seasons under him and he really helped steady the ship at the start when it seemed almost everyone was off. So thanks Ron, and I'm sure our next oppointment will be just as good.

Why are some people turning around and saying it was the club's fault? RK said that he often worked on 1 year extensions and that once his contract ran out he would look to do that. But, given what the club and RK and others have said, the extension discussions were going well until the £7m came along. It really isn't that hard to understand.