Ronald Koeman Joins Everton - CONFIRMED

Jimmy_D

See..... You try to be polite, but there are morons on any forum.

I was replying to that particular poster who was comparing Everton to Burnley, Wolves and Blackburn.

The point about the floodlights should have been more specific. It was Stand Floodlights.

OH and by the way there is a lot of gloating on here about you squeezing £5 Million out of Everton for Koeman.

The figure is £2.5 million for Koeman and £1.5 for his brother and the fitness coach =£4 Million

Have a nice day.

Appreciate that you're trying to be polite, but true politeness would be not coming onto another teams forum just after you've taken their manager. What reaction do you really expect? Have a bit of class and keep away. Thanks in advance.

I can see the lying bastard getting dogs abuse when he comes back next season, he did a good job for us but the way he left will leave a nasty taste for some time.

Also 2 faced telling players to honour contracts but hey I've been offered £7m a year so guess what I'm going to Everton , yes I know I said I wasn't interested but hey money talks

Jimmy, Steve, Chalet

Can we please just ban the lot of 'em now, irritating me, no one cares what these small timr charlies think.

If you are holding out for them to pay a fiver, then please don't, just don't accept any blatant efc fans and ban the ones that do spout their drivel.

they are saying they have a better team..

lets do a best 11.

Forster

Coleman

Fonte

Van Dyke

Bertrand

Wanyama

McCarthy

Tadic

Mane

Long

Lukaku

amazing I tell you

PS - I wanted to find space for Stones. But he has been horrendous this season. so couldnt

Hey lads, seen a lot of you posting on Everton forums talking about the size of the clubs, stepping down and whatnot. I'm not interested in the petty babble but I did want to know what you think of Koeman overall? He's done a good job with you, established you firmly in the top ten, although that's certainly under threat if you don't replace him with the right manager. I was wondering what you'll think he'll do for us? He's under similar conditions with Everton really, except for a substantial transfer budget, better core of players and a stronger ability to attract top talent. Thanks.

Really? Better core of players? [emoji23]

Jimmy, Steve, Chalet

Can we please just ban the lot of 'em now, irritating me, no one cares what these small timr charlies think.

If you are holding out for them to pay a fiver, then please don't, just don't accept any blatant efc fans and ban the ones that do spout their drivel.

Reading their "drivel" is by no means compulsory.

Hey lads, seen a lot of you posting on Everton forums talking about the size of the clubs, stepping down and whatnot. I'm not interested in the petty babble but I did want to know what you think of Koeman overall? He's done a good job with you, established you firmly in the top ten, although that's certainly under threat if you don't replace him with the right manager. I was wondering what you'll think he'll do for us? He's under similar conditions with Everton really, except for a substantial transfer budget, better core of players and a stronger ability to attract top talent. Thanks.

4.1/10

Jimmy, Steve, Chalet

Disagree. Keep them coming. I haven't laughed as much in a long while. Why spoil the fun? It makes a change having another delusional set of fans to laugh at. (Yes, I know we have the equally tinpot Pompey fans to fall back on, but...)

Edited by trousers

Just checking in for an update... so can I take the following from what I've read:

RK is definitely off.

We're not sure on who the new manager will be.

Everton Fans recognise that they are in no way as successful as Liverpool but enjoy gloating about undersoil heating on other team's forums?

Is that the gist of it?

Disagree. Keep them coming. I haven't laughed as much in a long while. Why spoil the fun? It makes a chance having another delusional set of fans to laugh at. (Yes, I know we have the equally tinpot Pompey fans to fall back on, but...)

Tbf, I've screenshotted the guy banging on about dugouts and matchday programmes :lol::lol::lol:

But when every other post is an everton fan i'd rather see what we think then what their arrogant faces do...

Disagree. Keep them coming. I haven't laughed as much in a long while. Why spoil the fun? It makes a chance having another delusional set of fans to laugh at. (Yes, I know we have the equally tinpot Pompey fans to fall back on, but...)

They're all over Twitter too. One of them is trying to tell me that it was Everton's ambition and absolutely not the money that convinced him to move.

Just checking in for an update... so can I take the following from what I've read:

RK is definitely off.

We're not sure on who the new manager will be.

Everton Fans recognise that they are in no way as successful as Liverpool but enjoy gloating about undersoil heating on other team's forums?

Is that the gist of it?

Don't forget the floodlights and the dugouts.

Proper Pompey turnout from the Everton on here "hey, we're a massive club Saints fans, please take an interest in us, we're really massive honest, look at our floodlights and everything" :lol:

It's hilarious, there's even a bit of a love in with Pompey fans on Facebook rushing to back up the scousers with comments like "of course scum are a small club, they're not even the biggest club in Hampshire when it comes to history and support"

Anyway reminded me of this -

Quick question

has ronald gone to Everton for the substantial pay rise or the thought of them inventing corner flags?

lets think about that for the moment....

I'd say sitting in such an iconic dugout was the pull.

who were first to have a mins silence?

Everton?

To be fair that accolade is probably taken by the bigger, more successful club in Liverpool, along with tying scarves to railing and candlelit vigils. Everton were however the first club to install plastic seats in 1896...

It is sort of a compliment really, shows how far we've come in the space of a few years that Everton fans are pulling out every piece of ancient history to prove how much bigger they are than us.

What is genuinely a bit weird though, just had a look on their grandoldteam forum and nothing but posts about Saints/Saints fans. They're a club with decent new investment, just secured a good new manager, but their primary concern is us. Odd. Always bitter blues I guess.

I can see the lying bastard getting dogs abuse when he comes back next season, he did a good job for us but the way he left will leave a nasty taste for some time.

Nah there be the rational crp of 'who of us wouldn't treble our salary if we could?' wish him well' boll ocks.

And there are those that won't of course

Nah there be the rational crp of 'who of us wouldn't treble our salary if we could?' wish him well' boll ocks.

And there are those that won't of course

there'd be an element of him NOT being Cortese's man that will mean some will let him off more than Pochettino

said it during RK whole time here, Pochettino is the far better manager/coach. was totally gutted when he left

It's hilarious, there's even a bit of a love in with Pompey fans on Facebook rushing to back up the scousers with comments like "of course scum are a small club, they're not even the biggest club in Hampshire when it comes to history and support"

Anyway reminded me of this -

Funniest thing is this is all lining up for them to end up more bitter than ever. I can't think of a crowd in the Premier League that gets on their own player's backs like Everton, I wonder how they'll cope with only finishing 7th.

No one cares

Well it's a Koeman to Everton thread. I assumed if you didn't want to talk about Koeman and Everton you wouldn't be here! Gosh, your forum must have odd ways of working.

Really? Better core of players? [emoji23]

Would you really say Lukaku isn't better than Pelle? Barkley not better than Davis? VVD or Fonte over Stones?

You might have better players here and there (i.e. Tadic over Kone, who Martinez insisted on playing over Mirallas or Deulofeu for some odd reason) but Everton's core is undoubtedly better.

4.1/10

You'd rate him doing 4.1/10 with us? That's certainly lower than I expected, I thought you guys thought highly of his talents.

Well it's a Koeman to Everton thread. I assumed if you didn't want to talk about Koeman and Everton you wouldn't be here! Gosh, your forum must have odd ways of working.

Would you really say Lukaku isn't better than Pelle? Barkley not better than Davis? VVD or Fonte over Stones?

You might have better players here and there (i.e. Tadic over Kone, who Martinez insisted on playing over Mirallas or Deulofeu for some odd reason) but Everton's core is undoubtedly better.

You'd rate him doing 4.1/10 with us? That's certainly lower than I expected, I thought you guys thought highly of his talents.

You are actually mental. Stones over Van Dijk? Get your head out the papers and watch a game or two.

they are saying they have a better team..

lets do a best 11.

Forster

Coleman

Fonte

Van Dyke

Bertrand

Wanyama

McCarthy

Tadic

Mane

Long

Lukaku

amazing I tell you

PS - I wanted to find space for Stones. But he has been horrendous this season. so couldnt

here you go

Lukaku and Barkley I'll give you but I honestly wouldn't take Stones over VVD. I'd swap him for Fonte but only because Fonte is aging.

How can a squad which finished 5 places below ours be "undoubtedly better"?

Robles - Sh*te

Baines - Aging

Hibbert - Ancient

Jagielka - Aging

Kone - Aging

Mirallas - Wildly inconsistent

Cleverly - Average personified

Barry - Ancient

Rom and Barkley would be in our team. Stones and McCarthy there or there abouts. Deulofeu and Besic would be decent additions to our squad. They're the only 6 I'd take in a squad of 25.

l

:mcinnes::mcinnes::mcinnes: :lol::lol:lol

On second thought let'em come here haha.

Lukaku is better than Pelle yes, I would rather have him BUT fonte/vvd have been much better than stones this season, but he does have potential and davis is our unsung hero, and very underrated by others...

Barkley and lukaku I'll give you but stones over vvd or Jose now you are putting that scouse wit to the test

VVD is the player Stones might be one day and he still isn't anywhere near his peak. I'll give you Lukaku over Pelle although they both blow hot and cold. Still not convinced over Barkley. His predilection for giving the ball away in dangerous areas is a real problem.

We have a better keeper, better left back, better centrebacks, (had) better CM in Wanyama, I'd take Mane over most of your attacking players any day.

Having got back from a day in London, I've just lost half an hour of my life that I'll never see again scrolling through pages of people biting on the Everton Fan's bait.

Please, don't allow yourself to be baited, don't respond and don't forget there is an ignore function you can use.

Personally, I'm very happy at the news. He hasn't been a motivational manager and I believe the outcome of the last two years is down to other factors, player recruitment (not in Koeman's brief), quality of the squad and the excellence of the training facilities. The mid-season slump suggested that he could demotivate players bearing in mind some of the rumours of player disatisfaction with him.

The £5m compensation is quite remarkable but shows what can happen when you put all your cards face up on the table at the start as Everton have done. I think we can assume that the deal will go through as Koeman will have been blinded by the salary and won't want to risk losing it now but the club are rightly being careful not to rock the boat until it's a done deal.

Many Saints' fans must be killing themselves laughing. We are rid of a manager who proved to be untrustworthy and who is average at best. If the stories of him taking time off to play golf when he should have been working are true, he is below average. His time here has cost us nothing financially and we have a stable club, a quality squad of players, and European football to attract a replacement who almost be definition will be better simply because he won't be Koeman.

A thought about Everton. It does look as if the new owner has little understanding of Southampton and may have mistaken our league position with managerial ability. It's hard to see what made Koeman's name stick out among all the other top people who have far more impressive management records than Koeman but lets be grateful that it did.

Having got back from a day in London, I've just lost half an hour of my life that I'll never see again scrolling through pages of people biting on the Everton Fan's bait.

Please, don't allow yourself to be baited, don't respond and don't forget there is an ignore function you can use.

Personally, I'm very happy at the news. He hasn't been a motivational manager and I believe the outcome of the last two years is down to other factors, player recruitment (not in Koeman's brief), quality of the squad and the excellence of the training facilities. The mid-season slump suggested that he could demotivate players bearing in mind some of the rumours of player disatisfaction with him.

The £5m compensation is quite remarkable but shows what can happen when you put all your cards face up on the table at the start as Everton have done. I think we can assume that the deal will go through as Koeman will have been blinded by the salary and won't want to risk losing it now but the club are rightly being careful not to rock the boat until it's a done deal.

Many Saints' fans must be killing themselves laughing. We are rid of a manager who proved to be untrustworthy and who is average at best. If the stories of him taking time off to play golf when he should have been working are true, he is below average. His time here has cost us nothing financially and we have a stable club, a quality squad of players, and European football to attract a replacement who almost be definition will be better simply because he won't be Koeman.

A thought about Everton. It does look as if the new owner has little understanding of Southampton and may have mistaken our league position with managerial ability. It's hard to see what made Koeman's name stick out among all the other top people who have far more impressive management records than Koeman but lets be grateful that it did.

You realise you have just bitten on the bait too?

Great work Prof.

@GraemeBailey: Everton will pay Southampton £5m for Ronald Koeman - you can't even get much in the Championship nowadays for that - could be a bargain!

Tend to agree for a top Manager. No slight on Saints as we have got more than many teams have. But its a good deal for Everton as Koeman seems to have been Moshiri's no1.

Lukaku and Barkley I'll give you but I honestly wouldn't take Stones over VVD. I'd swap him for Fonte but only because Fonte is aging.

How can a squad which finished 5 places below ours be "undoubtedly better"?

Robles - Sh*te

Baines - Aging

Hibbert - Ancient

Jagielka - Aging

Kone - Aging

Mirallas - Wildly inconsistent

Cleverly - Average personified

Barry - Ancient

Rom and Barkley would be in our team. Stones and McCarthy there or there abouts. Deulofeu and Besic would be decent additions to our squad. They're the only 6 I'd take in a squad of 25.

Barkley and lukaku I'll give you but stones over vvd or Jose now you are putting that scouse wit to the test

VVD is the player Stones might be one day and he still isn't anywhere near his peak. I'll give you Lukaku over Pelle although they both blow hot and cold. Still not convinced over Barkley. His predilection for giving the ball away in dangerous areas is a real problem.

We have a better keeper, better left back, better centrebacks, (had) better CM in Wanyama, I'd take Mane over most of your attacking players any day.

Seriously underestimating Baines, Jegielka, Mirallas and Barry there. But I forgive you, because you've got your red and white specs on.

Would you say Chelsea's squad is undoubtedly better than your own? Similar situation.

Stones has looked every bit the player he's been hyped up to be in just three games away from Martinez. Imagine how he's going to look in three more games, or a whole season.

:mcinnes::mcinnes::mcinnes: :lol::lol:lol

On second thought let'em come here haha.

Lukaku is better than Pelle yes, I would rather have him BUT fonte/vvd have been much better than stones this season, but he does have potential and davis is our unsung hero, and very underrated by others...

:mcinnes:

Laughing-Animated-Gif-15.gif

Seems you lads can make a sarcy comment but can't notice one in return? I dunno.

Anyway lads! As I mentioned in my first post, I've no time for bitterness or pettiness, so please tell me about Koeman and how you'll think he'll do with a larger budget and a better core of players. Do you think he's got what it takes to take a team past top six, or have we wrongly appointed him?

In a way I'm glad we're getting a new manager and starting a new chapter. According to some ITKs Koeman ****ed a lot of players off, and his repeated playing of Wanyama despite his lack of respect for the club particularly pi**sed me off. I don't know about anyone else, but I found his football quite boring towards the end and lacking ideas. Everton are getting a good manager, but that's as far as it goes imo. I don't think he will live up to the expectation that is currently being heaped upon him. I also can't see VVD or Forster moving after just signing a new deal.

I would also add for the Everton fans that appear to be all over this forum, our problem in this saga isn't with Everton at all. Neutrals have been saying they're bemused by this move as much as we have. It's Koeman that has caused the animosity, by saying he would see out his deal three weeks ago - and lecturing people on honour and conducting yourself in the right way - just to turn out like the rest of them.

Seriously underestimating Baines, Jegielka, Mirallas and Barry there. But I forgive you, because you've got your red and white specs on.

Would you say Chelsea's squad is undoubtedly better than your own? Similar situation.

Stones has looked every bit the player he's been hyped up to be in just three games away from Martinez. Imagine how he's going to look in three more games, or a whole season.

Seems you lads can make a sarcy comment but can't notice one in return? I dunno.

Anyway lads! As I mentioned in my first post, I've no time for bitterness or pettiness, so please tell me about Koeman and how you'll think he'll do with a larger budget and a better core of players. Do you think he's got what it takes to take a team past top six, or have we wrongly appointed him?

Luckily I have all evening for bitterness and pettyness. Screw you and the horse you rode in on back to your better squad.

Byyyyyeeeeeee.

If you think Koeman will take you in in the top six ahead of Chelsea(Conte), Spurs(Poch), Man City(Pep), Man Utd(Jose), Pool(Klippety), Arsenal(Wenger) fine - bigger budget means bugger all look at darling Brenda. Koemans a good manager but he will have to hit the ground running to smash the glass ceiling into a thousand pieces...hahahah.

Time will tell but you will finish higher than last but not at the level you lot will expect.

Add to that his new teams' sponsor is a Thai beer that you can only buy in a few branches of Tesco. About sums it all up about the team.

Just a further thought, how long before the Iranian owner dumps them as well