Ronald Koeman Joins Everton - CONFIRMED

Jimmy_D

I've never known an inundation of other clubs' fans like this.

It makes you realise that the red half of the city has, it's hard to believe, classier fans.

No wonder the red half is bigger and so much more succesful. Why would you grow up in Liverpool and support the ****e club anyway?

I hope Ron gets a good reception when he returns, afterall who wouldn't want to manage the first club to install under soil heating and dugouts? :lol::lol: [emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38] surely one of the greatest ever posts on this forum and it didn't even come from one of us!! Oh whoops, maybe they'll add that accolade onto their long list of achievements too :uhoh:

Of course they were the first club to install under soil heating and dugouts. The weathers so **** and cold up there they had no choice.

I wonder if their super dupa mega rich man will put up with a run like this, playing largely long-ball Stoke type football at the time

9a4f6376aaeff599d01c369ed5da288f.jpg

God that was a depressing run. Forster came back and things came back into focus, but even I thought we would have been best to sack him after that. Believe Guan said he was 2 games away from the sack at that point?

Anyway lads! As I mentioned in my first post, I've no time for bitterness or pettiness, so please tell me about Koeman and how you'll think he'll do with a larger budget and a better core of players. Do you think he's got what it takes to take a team past top six, or have we wrongly appointed him?

2.7/10

Seriously underestimating Baines, Jegielka, Mirallas and Barry there. But I forgive you, because you've got your red and white specs on.

Would you say Chelsea's squad is undoubtedly better than your own? Similar situation.

Stones has looked every bit the player he's been hyped up to be in just three games away from Martinez. Imagine how he's going to look in three more games, or a whole season.

Seems you lads can make a sarcy comment but can't notice one in return? I dunno.

Anyway lads! As I mentioned in my first post, I've no time for bitterness or pettiness, so please tell me about Koeman and how you'll think he'll do with a larger budget and a better core of players. Do you think he's got what it takes to take a team past top six, or have we wrongly appointed him?

Not sure if the budget really will be larger. Anyway, it's not how big it is, it's what you do with it.

And we won't know what he'll do with a better core of players until he moves somewhere better than Everton.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

It's hilarious, there's even a bit of a love in with Pompey fans on Facebook rushing to back up the scousers with comments like "of course scum are a small club, they're not even the biggest club in Hampshire when it comes to history and support"

Anyway reminded me of this -

Perhaps we should call on our mates from Leicester to ram home the point that history is what it is...............in the past!

A good team yes .....Everton's team........... err no he's a good manager not a ****ing miracle worker.

Hey lads, seen a lot of you posting on Everton forums talking about the size of the clubs, stepping down and whatnot. I'm not interested in the petty babble but I did want to know what you think of Koeman overall? He's done a good job with you, established you firmly in the top ten, although that's certainly under threat if you don't replace him with the right manager. I was wondering what you'll think he'll do for us? He's under similar conditions with Everton really, except for a substantial transfer budget, better core of players and a stronger ability to attract top talent. Thanks.

The good news for you is he struggles against Liverpool! ?

Blue in peace here lads.

Koeman will be confirmed tomorrow by all reliable accounts. Talks have been held up due to your end dragging their heels. It seems you were confident Ron would stay in spite of our interest and have spent the last few days approaching managerial targets and working out compensation terms, which is understandable given the narrative that Everton couldn't take Southampton's manager.

Preventing player poaching might not be a great concern for you. Granted, there are one or two that Koeman might want to take along, but the appointment of a DoF and the new owner's own targets mean it's unlikely you'll loose too many. I suppose your biggest concern could be Forster. It's unlikely we'll take VvD unless we sell Stones, which we'll only do if there's an offer significantly in excess of £40m.

Hopefully this won't sour relations between the two clubs too much in the future. I think it's natural that Koeman would want to take the next step and, like at Feyenoord, he will hopefully be remembered as doing great stabilising work with your club as you transition from feeder club to a solid PL outfit. Great progress, really, and your board should be commended.

Koeman was a good manager for us and I would have preferred he had at least seen out his contract as he had said on many occasions he would. He was involved in keeping players back from moves, ie Wanyama and Schneiderlin so on a personal level I do feel he has let himself down [but hey ho] I quite like Everton but empathise with your struggle as you must feel like Portsmouth fans feel towards us with Liverpool over shadowing you for so many decades. Now you have money to burn maybe you could do a Pompey for a few years and have a few good cup runs. Good luck to you next season as I would imagine you will be hoping you may be able to get a little bit closer to us in the league table next time?

From what I hear you will be struggling to keep hold of your better players which must be a worry for you and I hope you can have half the success we have in making new signings.

Thanks fot the 5 million we have managed to charge you fo Koeman, it will come in handy to ensure we get a better replacement.

Here is my prediction. You will either sack Koeman within 3 years if he does not do well or he will leave for one of the big clubs within 3 years if he does do very well. For me the odds are on the former....................

Nice to hear from you and sincerely I do hope Everton can start moving forward after so many dull years. Lets face it I would imagine it cant be nice living in areas like Croxteth Toxteth Crosby and the likes. Good luck.............No really

Seriously underestimating Baines, Jegielka, Mirallas and Barry there. But I forgive you, because you've got your red and white specs on.

Not underestimating. They WERE all excellent players but three of them are in their mid 30s now. Mirallas on his day is excellent, no doubt. Those days are far too spread out though, reminds me of Puncheon or Bolasie at Palace.

I think he will do alright, the problem is £100m was a lot of money when Abramovic took over Chelsea. Now though, it wouldn't get you Stirling, Mangala and Lovren. You will be up there with us, Leicester, Liverpool and West Ham, fighting over 6th and 7th in all likelyhood, whilst a revived Chelsea and Utd battle it out with City, Arsenal and Spurs for the title.

yeh we're tiny. Those 9 league titles just don't match up to your Johnston's Paint tilt :/

Best of luck for next season, in all seriousness. Good club, turns out some of the fans are just as bitter as anybody elses (though I include Everton in that as well).

So with the number of league titles won (even if most are pre war) determining size Sunderland and Aston Villa are bigger clubs than Chelsea and Man City?

The only factor these days is revenue and Everton are miles behind in those stakes...mostly because there is no one left alive who saw all them titles they won pre First World War!

First English club to go on an overseas tour in 1905 apparently

Southampton FC

Tour of 1901

21-4-1901 Den Haag Haagsche VV-Southampton FC 2-6 W

23-4-1901 Praha SK Slavia Praha-Southampton FC 0-3 W

24-4-1901 Praha Praha/Wien Select-Southampton FC 1-6 W

27-4-1901 Wien Vienna Cricket FC-Southampton FC 0-7 W

28-4-1901 Wien Select Wien-Southampton FC 0-6 W

29-4-1901 Budapest Budapesti Torna Club-Southampton FC 0-8 W

30-4-1901 Budapest Hungarian Select-Southampton FC 0-13 W

Tour of 1903

15-4-1903 Den Haag Haagsche VV-Southampton FC 1-4 W

19-4-1903 Budapest Ferencváros TC-Southampton FC 0-14 W

20-4-1903 Budapest Magyar TK Budapest-Southampton FC 0-15 W

22-4-1903 Praha SK Slavia Praha-Southampton FC 2-4 W

25-4-1903 Praha Praha Select-Southampton FC 0-15 W

26-4-1903 Praha SK Slavia Praha-Southampton FC 1-4 W

29-4-1903 København Boldklubben 1893-Southampton FC 0-4 W

30-4-1903 København København Select-Southampton FC 0-3 W

Tour of 1904

13-3-1904 Paris France Select-Southampton FC 1-6 W

14-3-1904 Paris France Select-Southampton FC 0-11 W

29-4-1904 København Boldklubben 1893-Southampton FC 2-7 W

5-5-1904 København København Select-Southampton FC 1-3 W

10-5-1904 København Newcastle United-Southampton FC 4-0

Tour of 1904

26-6-1904 Buenos Aires Alumni Buenos Aires-Southampton FC 0-3 W

3-7-1904 Buenos Aires British Players-Southampton FC 0-10 W

6-7-1904 Buenos Aires Belgrano Ath.Club-Southampton FC 1-6 W

9-7-1904 Buenos Aires Select Argentina-Southampton FC 0-8 W

10-7-1904 Buenos Aires Liga Argentina-Southampton FC 3-5 W

12-7-1904 Montevideo Liga Uruguay-Southampton FC 1-8 W

We'd done 4 overseas tours before then - winning all our matches.

The trouble with a lot of these so-called stats is they relate to Football League clubs which were all north of Birmingham at the time.

In those days there was a parallel Southern League which was absorbed into the Football League in 1920. Saints won the Southern League 6 times and reached the FA Cup final twice. It may not have been quite as strong as the FL, but the difference was not huge, and the clubs were fully professional.

So be careful about this floodlights and dugouts nonsense, Saints played a match under lights at the Antelope Ground before the Dell was opened.

It's very interesting reading the Everton fan's views on here (assuming they ARE Everton fans) and their assumption that an owner with cash instantly leads to glory and world class players. Players of that quality of course want the big bucks, but they also want the Champions League bonuses. That's why the genuinely world class players go to the traditionally "big" clubs (although Leicester's buying strategy will be an interesting case study this season). It's as simple as that. So for Everton fans to come on here and say we could take this player or that player just because we can is utter ****e. £100m isn't going to buy you what you think this window, because all the teams out there, especially overseas, know how much cash is waiting to be spent - demand and supply.

The truth of the matter is that the big clubs will continue to recruit the big players. Those clubs who have invested in their scouting network will continue to make considered signings. And those clubs who are neither will throw stupid money at "names" with no conceivable long term strategy other than buy, buy, buy. I know which category we fall into and I know which category Everton now fall into. A team with a plan and considered investment, or a team going guts out for glory - which would you prefer?

RK hasn't covered himself in glory but in truth, who here wouldn't leave their current job if offered a massive pay rise elsewhere? I'm not saying he goes with my good wishes, but that's life. If he wasn't going to sign an extension then this is with out doubt the best thing that could happen to Saints - a nice pay off and on to the next department head :lol:

Stick to the plan. We March On.

I'm Sorry, I feel I have to reply on behalf of my Everton friend. You clearly don't understand the history of our club. Let me enlighten you with a few of the many facts about Everton.

* Founder members of the Football League in 1888

* Founder members of the Premier League in 1992

* First club presented with the League Championship trophy

* First club to be presented with League winners medals

* First club to stage an FA Cup Final in 1894

* First English club to go on an overseas tour in 1905

* First club to build a purpose-built football stadium

* First club to have a four-side stadium with two-tier stands

* First club to have a stadium with a three-tier stand

* First club to issue a regular match programme

* First club to have a player score 60 league goals

* First club to wear numbered shirts, 1-11 in 1933

* First club to install dugouts

* First club to install floodlights

* First club to install under soil heating

* First club to play 4,000 top-flight games

* First club to amass 5,000 league points

* First club to play 100 seasons in the top flight

* First British club to stage a World Cup semi-final

* Have been in the top division of English football longer than ANY other side

There are more trivial ones I could quote and I haven't mentioned titles or cups but you get the picture. This club has more History than any other club in the country and Everton fans are rightly proud of this fact. So to compare us to the likes of Wolves and Burnley is misguided and foolish.

I will admit that the love of that history combined with 30 years of frustration and over excitement has led to some ill advised, condescending and downright nasty comments by some of my fellow supporters, but I am sure you will agree there has been an equal amount of vitriol on behalf of some of the Southampton fans.

We all love our clubs and we want what's best for them but there is no need to turn it into a hate campaign.

To clear up some other points made on this forum regarding the so called "ambition" of the club. As I see it, a site on the Mersey waterfront has been identified for a 55/60,000 seater stadium which with Everton's large fan base it will fill, together with a massive improvement in corporate revenue (which is nearly non existent at Goodison) and stadium naming rights will massively increase revenue for the club to be able to compete at a much higher level financially. Obviously the biggest resource is the fan-base and the new stadium.

As for poaching managers, that's football. It happens. Personally I hope he doesn't go back for any of your players, Its not that they aren't any good but just that we would have to pay vastly over inflated prices.

finally, before you say it, no I don't have a job as I am retired after working for the same company for 30 years. I went to my first match in 1971.

First match 1971? Missed most of those title wins then?

Don't forget Huddersfield, Preston, Aston Villa and Sunderland all clubs with as rich a history as Everton as well as Burnley and Wolves..

West Ham won the World Cup don't you know?

Even Lineker who played for you prefers Leicester and Spurs!

In my lifetime time you got lucky once with Howard Kendall he did a Leicester with you and then you have struggled ever since..remember that manager from Norwich? Lol

Moyes over achieved with you and so got the united job... If you were as big as you say he would have stayed surely...especially if you had shared these amazing facts with him...

Anyone think Saints have played a blinder here and also played Everton for all we can get out of them?

A "new direction" was hinted at by sources long before all this blew up. I reckon we will have a superb new coach shortly and they were probably on stand-by all along.

Anyone think Saints have played a blinder here and also played Everton for all we can get out of them?

A "new direction" was hinted at by sources long before all this blew up. I reckon we will have a superb new coach shortly and they were probably on stand-by all along.

Lets hope so. He didn't have a 47% win rate for no reason afterall.

I'm really not convinced this was some masterstroke by the club. Despite a few posters claiming all was not right behind the scenes the club clearly wanted to give Koeman a new contract and thought he was about to put pen to paper. It seems it was only when they found out how much money Everton were willing to throw at Koeman that the club decided to let him go. The compensation seems decent for a guy with only one year on his contract and hopefully they have the replacement well in hand.

Devo999

I see your crest shows the Prince Rupert tower , wow the story behind it is so Everton Football club

Named after Prince Rupert of the Rhine, who once stayed in the village during the 1600s, Prince Rupert’s Tower was originally used as a sort of holding cell for suspected criminals. Now primarily a tool shed for council workmen, the tower has been partially restored and bears a plaque describing its importance to Everton FC.

Balague usually well respected. Interesting (and new viewpoint):

@GuillemBalague: Many people in England don't realise the weight that Everton carries 4 Europeans. We see it (and it is) a huge club https://t.co/OZWQAhQfgO

The only weight that anyone in football is interested in, is the weight of their purse. To think otherwise is very naive.

Can we have this made into a giant flag for when Everton visit pls, really really biiiiiiiig pls, pls

Now and again something you say returns with a vengeance and bites you in the a.r.s.e. Insincerity prevails with these mercenaries.Thanks for the past two seasons Ron but you really are a 51AR just like Toby's dad.

If someone doubles your wages, you would move, however with the £5m compensation + whatever was budgeted for Ron's new offer, the next saints manager budget could be £5m+ p/a for 3years. THAT will get you a serious top 10 worldly manager

So bye Ron, see ya...

And £100m budget - who thinks that's special, seriously it's meh... £200m... Yeah I'm impressed, but £100m, Nah, good for you if you think that's special...

So well done Everton if you think you've scored a coup, we will get a better manager than Ron, spend and sell wisely and March on..!

And £100m budget - who thinks that's special, seriously it's meh... £200m... Yeah I'm impressed, but £100m, Nah, good for you if you think that's special...

Agree entirely on the £100m.

Man Utd are apparently about to buy a defender for £30m. Going with that benchmark... congrats, you can afford 3 top class players... assuming they want to join a club that isn't playing in Europe and hasn't exactly been setting the world on fire for 20 years.

Or maybe they are planning to adopt the Saints model and unearth undervalued gems for £10m each. If that's so easy then what's been stopping them doing that already?

Imagine what Celtic fans think of us? No doubt some of ours go on their site telling them we are bigger lol

This forum's very own superstar MLG has been on a major Celtic forum telling them how big we are/were, I believe it was last summer and it was linked to on here.

One of the reasons he gave was the fact that we have been in eleven major cup semi finals in our history.

He makes the Everton "we invented dug-outs" list-kid on this thread look nearly sane.