Ronald Koeman Joins Everton - CONFIRMED

Jimmy_D

I'm Sorry, I feel I have to reply on behalf of my Everton friend. You clearly don't understand the history of our club. Let me enlighten you with a few of the many facts about Everton.

* Founder members of the Football League in 1888

* Founder members of the Premier League in 1992

* First club presented with the League Championship trophy

* First club to be presented with League winners medals

* First club to stage an FA Cup Final in 1894

* First English club to go on an overseas tour in 1905

* First club to build a purpose-built football stadium

* First club to have a four-side stadium with two-tier stands

* First club to have a stadium with a three-tier stand

* First club to issue a regular match programme

* First club to have a player score 60 league goals

* First club to wear numbered shirts, 1-11 in 1933

* First club to install dugouts

* First club to install floodlights

* First club to install under soil heating

* First club to play 4,000 top-flight games

* First club to amass 5,000 league points

* First club to play 100 seasons in the top flight

* First British club to stage a World Cup semi-final

* Have been in the top division of English football longer than ANY other side

There are more trivial ones I could quote and I haven't mentioned titles or cups but you get the picture. This club has more History than any other club in the country and Everton fans are rightly proud of this fact. So to compare us to the likes of Wolves and Burnley is misguided and foolish.

I will admit that the love of that history combined with 30 years of frustration and over excitement has led to some ill advised, condescending and downright nasty comments by some of my fellow supporters, but I am sure you will agree there has been an equal amount of vitriol on behalf of some of the Southampton fans.

We all love our clubs and we want what's best for them but there is no need to turn it into a hate campaign.

To clear up some other points made on this forum regarding the so called "ambition" of the club. As I see it, a site on the Mersey waterfront has been identified for a 55/60,000 seater stadium which with Everton's large fan base it will fill, together with a massive improvement in corporate revenue (which is nearly non existent at Goodison) and stadium naming rights will massively increase revenue for the club to be able to compete at a much higher level financially. Obviously the biggest resource is the fan-base and the new stadium.

As for poaching managers, that's football. It happens. Personally I hope he doesn't go back for any of your players, Its not that they aren't any good but just that we would have to pay vastly over inflated prices.

finally, before you say it, no I don't have a job as I am retired after working for the same company for 30 years. I went to my first match in 1971.

Pompey identified a site on Farlington Marshes for a new stadium in 1991. Good luck.

What a strange move. Everton have long been another Aston Villa in the prem for me. They're there, but easy to forget about. I feel the board have done more than enough to prove their capability in keeping this club moving in the right direction so feel that this was more on our terms than the media like to make out. I think we want long term commitment from everyone at the club hence the recent contract extensions of VVD and forster. I think Mane and Wanayama will be signing contract extensions or be following Ron out the door and I feel pretty positive that for once I genuinely believe it's the boards way or no way. They couldn't have done much more to prove this. Looking forward to see who comes in as a replacement.

I'm Sorry, I feel I have to reply on behalf of my Everton friend. You clearly don't understand the history of our club. Let me enlighten you with a few of the many facts about Everton.

There are more trivial ones I could quote and I haven't mentioned titles or cups but you get the picture. This club has more History than any other club in the country and Everton fans are rightly proud of this fact. So to compare us to the likes of Wolves and Burnley is misguided and foolish.

I will admit that the love of that history combined with 30 years of frustration and over excitement has led to some ill advised, condescending and downright nasty comments by some of my fellow supporters, but I am sure you will agree there has been an equal amount of vitriol on behalf of some of the Southampton fans.

We all love our clubs and we want what's best for them but there is no need to turn it into a hate campaign.

To clear up some other points made on this forum regarding the so called "ambition" of the club. As I see it, a site on the Mersey waterfront has been identified for a 55/60,000 seater stadium which with Everton's large fan base it will fill, together with a massive improvement in corporate revenue (which is nearly non existent at Goodison) and stadium naming rights will massively increase revenue for the club to be able to compete at a much higher level financially. Obviously the biggest resource is the fan-base and the new stadium.

As for poaching managers, that's football. It happens. Personally I hope he doesn't go back for any of your players, Its not that they aren't any good but just that we would have to pay vastly over inflated prices.

finally, before you say it, no I don't have a job as I am retired after working for the same company for 30 years. I went to my first match in 1971.

With respect, outside of Everton FC (I.e. its supporters), no one gives a f*ck (and I'm not saying that to be cruel/petty). And I'm not sure you could get more trivial than that list anyway....dugouts :lol: At any rate, Koeman hasn't signed for any of the reasons you listed, so it's something of a mute point.

Bit in bold amused me... and underlined just how you lot are beyond belief in your sense of self importance.

Other than that your post was 24ct w^nk.

Yes, you'd have to be retired to have the time and inclination to tap out such drivel. Wow - first club to wear shirt numbers, no doubt that was mentioned in negotiations with Koeman. How could he resist you lot after that, almost felt he was touvching history no doubt. (Personally I prefer the Shankly quote about (goalkeepers) wearing shirt numbers. So as usual your overshadowed by your more illustious neighbours.

Anyway, enjoy the rest of your retirement.

You're using the logic that Everton have finished below you in the past few seasons to say that your bigger, yet then you claim an upwards move for Koeman would be Liverpool.

Good point lad.

Anyway, chuffed with Koeman - any arguments over who's bigger aside, it's still a bit of a coup for us considering that over the past two seasons we've finished 11th. But the new majority shareholder/owner has shown his intent and gone and got the man he wanted.

As for your mob, pretty sure you'll be there and there abouts next year again. Looks like Emery is off to PSG, so I imagine that leaves FdB as the favourite (though I did see he'd been linked with Lazio?).

No one cares how big you are. **** off.

With respect, outside of Everton FC (I.e. its supporters), no one gives a f*ck (and I'm not saying that to be cruel/petty). And I'm not sure you could get more trivial than that list anyway....dugouts :lol: At any rate, Koeman hasn't signed for any of the reasons you listed, so it's something of a mute point.

I would have thought that Everton inventing the 1-11 on squad shirts would have tipped it over the edge????

Blue in peace here lads.

Koeman will be confirmed tomorrow by all reliable accounts. Talks have been held up due to your end dragging their heels. It seems you were confident Ron would stay in spite of our interest and have spent the last few days approaching managerial targets and working out compensation terms, which is understandable given the narrative that Everton couldn't take Southampton's manager.

Preventing player poaching might not be a great concern for you. Granted, there are one or two that Koeman might want to take along, but the appointment of a DoF and the new owner's own targets mean it's unlikely you'll loose too many. I suppose your biggest concern could be Forster. It's unlikely we'll take VvD unless we sell Stones, which we'll only do if there's an offer significantly in excess of £40m.

Hopefully this won't sour relations between the two clubs too much in the future. I think it's natural that Koeman would want to take the next step and, like at Feyenoord, he will hopefully be remembered as doing great stabilising work with your club as you we transition from feeder club to a solid PL outfit. Great progress, really, and your board should be commended.

We don't care what you think . You are an Everton supportter we don't care about your club or your managers

Yup we all know an Iranian billionaire is the secret of success. Good luck with the Iranian good luck with Koeman. He is the past

Are you sure about that? (calling Duncan to the main board)

Do you serve mayo with your chips?

It's just a shame we had to lose him to a sh!te club like Everton, I would have understood if it was to a big club.

Oh well, onwards and upwards. I expect they will still finish below us again next season.

yeh we're tiny. Those 9 league titles just don't match up to your Johnston's Paint tilt :/

Best of luck for next season, in all seriousness. Good club, turns out some of the fans are just as bitter as anybody elses (though I include Everton in that as well).

FFS, I don't want to advocate POL tactics, but can we just ban Evertonians for the next month or so? This latest one with the list is just plain embarrassing. WTF is it with them telling the world how big they are? Are they that insecure that they feel the need to ram it down our/everyone's throat? We all know EFC is bigger than SFC.

I wonder if their super dupa mega rich man will put up with a run like this, playing largely long-ball Stoke type football at the time

9a4f6376aaeff599d01c369ed5da288f.jpg

Why don't you post the last few months and the run that got you into Europe and broke your points record for the second successive season mate?

How sour do you like your grapes?

Genuine :lol: Real Madrid must be weeping into their drinks....champions of Europe 11 times but weren't the first to install dugouts.

Once in every generation, Everton give you a reason to hate them, just a little bit more than their big city rivals.

For my Dad, it was about Bailey. Heck I even joined in with a chorus of "We hate Bailey and we hate Bailey", without even knowing who he was, or why we hated him.

For me. Adrian Heath. Nothing more needs to be said.

It's been a while coming, but for my children, this episode should be enough to look with a vague interest at the Everton results next year and cheer, each and every time they lose.

No bitterness, just the wonderful pantomime that is football. (and whatever happened to John Bailey?)

You're using the logic that Everton have finished below you in the past few seasons to say that your bigger, yet then you claim an upwards move for Koeman would be Liverpool.

Good point lad.

Anyway, chuffed with Koeman - any arguments over who's bigger aside, it's still a bit of a coup for us considering that over the past two seasons we've finished 11th. But the new majority shareholder/owner has shown his intent and gone and got the man he wanted.

As for your mob, pretty sure you'll be there and there abouts next year again. Looks like Emery is off to PSG, so I imagine that leaves FdB as the favourite (though I did see he'd been linked with Lazio?).

I'm not too sure many are suggesting Saints are bigger than Everton (whatever that means anyway). I think most would agree that there are 6 big clubs in the league, Man United, Man City, Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs, and finally, Liverpool....and then there's the rest of us....which includes Everton.

Laughing-Animated-Gif-15.gif

Edited by trousers

Good point lad.

I don't think anyone on this forum is saying Saints are bigger than Everton.

We're just saying that Everton aren't much bigger than we are. And you're not.

Well done on inventing corner flags though.

I've always loved Liverpool as a city , and have met some decent Everton supporters , and I'm not going to change my mind just because a few I don't know and will never meet post anonymously on a football forum .

Same with Ron , I'm not going to start saying he was shiete just because he's left us. Personally I thought he was exactly what we needed 2 summers ago and suited our club . We were good for each other. Tactically I thought he was pretty flexible, certainly more so than Poch. I liked the back 3 , particularly play Ryan B in there, which many didn't see coming . I did get the feeling he was as intense as he should of been and sometimes we drifted in games . Nowhere near as good football as Poch side, but you can't argue with his 7th and 6 t h finish . I did wonder ( and posted before) if he was Laudrap like and it would all come to a head one day .

Will it work at Everton ? Im not so sure, but after Claudio , predicting how managers do is a mugs game . One thing I'd certain , it's gonna be tough to break the top 4 next season . Liverpool , Chelsea utd, will be better .

I hope Ron gets a good reception when he returns, afterall who wouldn't want to manage the first club to install under soil heating and dugouts? :lol::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: surely one of the greatest ever posts on this forum and it didn't even come from one of us!! Oh whoops, maybe they'll add that accolade onto their long list of achievements too :uhoh:

I hope Ron gets a good reception when he returns, afterall who wouldn't want to manage the first club to install under soil heating and dugouts? :lol::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: surely one of the greatest ever posts on this forum and it didn't even come from one of us!! Oh whoops, maybe they'll add that accolade onto their long list of achievements too :uhoh:

It's certainly up there with the bestest posts I've ever seen

No one cares how big you are. **** off.

See..... You try to be polite, but there are morons on any forum.

I was replying to that particular poster who was comparing Everton to Burnley, Wolves and Blackburn.

The point about the floodlights should have been more specific. It was Stand Floodlights.

OH and by the way there is a lot of gloating on here about you squeezing £5 Million out of Everton for Koeman.

The figure is £2.5 million for Koeman and £1.5 for his brother and the fitness coach =£4 Million

Have a nice day.

The entire history of Everton in my lifetime involved relegation fights with us in the 90's, Kevin Campbell, the Moyes era and then them crying about Martinez for two years. Simply MASSIVE!

they did issue the first ever match programme

how can we compete with that

The fact they have to bring up points such as ''first ever match programme'' ''invention of corner flags'' kinda makes them seem very small time.

I didn't think it was possible, but I actually have a little, tiny, inchy bit less hate for your mega-mates across the park.

See..... You try to be polite, but there are morons on any forum.

I was replying to that particular poster who was comparing Everton to Burnley, Wolves and Blackburn.

The point about the floodlights should have been more specific. It was Stand Floodlights.

OH and by the way there is a lot of gloating on here about you squeezing £5 Million out of Everton for Koeman.

The figure is £2.5 million for Koeman and £1.5 for his brother and the fitness coach =£4 Million

Have a nice day.

Of course there is chat about this on here. It's a saints forum not toffeeweb or whatever the hell your forum is called. Go back on there and talk about floodlights. Absolutely no one here gives a shiny one about boring old Everton.

The entire history of Everton in my lifetime involved relegation fights with us in the 90's, Kevin Campbell, the Moyes era and then them crying about Martinez for two years. Simply MASSIVE!

The first club ever to serve Bovril.

Hey lads, seen a lot of you posting on Everton forums talking about the size of the clubs, stepping down and whatnot. I'm not interested in the petty babble but I did want to know what you think of Koeman overall? He's done a good job with you, established you firmly in the top ten, although that's certainly under threat if you don't replace him with the right manager. I was wondering what you'll think he'll do for us? He's under similar conditions with Everton really, except for a substantial transfer budget, better core of players and a stronger ability to attract top talent. Thanks.

The fact they have to bring up points such as ''first ever match programme'' ''invention of corner flags'' kinda makes them seem very small time.

I didn't think it was possible, but I actually have a little, tiny, inchy bit less hate for your mega-mates across the park.

Don't mention that c^nt; another reason to hate them.

Poor skates they've now fallen to third in the hate ratings, behind the yids, and Everton.

yeh we're tiny. Those 9 league titles just don't match up to your Johnston's Paint tilt :/

Best of luck for next season, in all seriousness. Good club, turns out some of the fans are just as bitter as anybody elses (though I include Everton in that as well).

Never said you didn't have history, just that you are Sh!te. As in the current team are not very good at playing football.

Hey lads, seen a lot of you posting on Everton forums talking about the size of the clubs, stepping down and whatnot. I'm not interested in the petty babble but I did want to know what you think of Koeman overall? He's done a good job with you, established you firmly in the top ten, although that's certainly under threat if you don't replace him with the right manager. I was wondering what you'll think he'll do for us? He's under similar conditions with Everton really, except for a substantial transfer budget, better core of players and a stronger ability to attract top talent. Thanks.

No one cares