The New, New Manager Thread

St Chalet

Who Would You Choose?  

415 members have voted

1. 1. Who Would You Choose?

Yes but this is the smokescreen covering the smokescreen covering the smokescreen of who we really want you to think it isn't but it isn't really but it is.

Or, that's exactly what they want you to believe because it is not not untrue. Or something.

I'd be surprised if it was Carvalhal - he did well to get Wednesday close to promotion, but I don't think they did it through attacking football. Before that not sure what he has done that really catches the eye as the sort of manager we'd be going for. Plus, I don't think we'd take a manager from another English club unless they were the stand out candidate. Who knows, but it sounds like another bit of hopeful journalism - if Eddie Howe hasn't quite got the experience or profile at the moment, surely Carvalhal hasn't.

You've been on here and its forum predecessor for long enough to know whats going on?

I'm sure you don't need me to spell it out but, for those unaware of the dark arts its called "public relations and the general principle of consumer sentiment manipulation". All companies do it in one way or another. I doubt a company headed by a member of the World Economic Forum like Ralph Krueger is unaware of its uses in our context.

I think this forum has regularly been used to test out policies and ideas on a loyal vocal social media savvy highly connected IT literate representative Saints fan base. We are a great population demograph all nicely concentrated to try out stuff on. The views of a few thousand of us here on this site are easily and with high validity (imo) a great representation of the world wide views of saints fans on any subject you care to mention ~ from players incomings to player outgoings and so forth. Like a local free of charge focus group - or it may not be free - maybe beneficiaries show gratitude somehow directly or indirectly. I'm surprised if anyone is surprised at this opinion of mine. And if it is not happening overtly or covertly them I don't support Southampton Football Club! It would be commercially negligent not to access the free mine of valuable data we generate each day on matters SFC. Ralph does not strike me as commercially negligent.

Agents use us, press use us, the internet uses us, maybe even SFC uses us, who knows even players. Its all part and parcel of football these days. Its not a bad thing and i do it at my workplace often also. So, we are being listened to, and our POV's taken into account, of that I'm sure though of course ultimate decisions are not always populist driven, and indeed, lowest common denominator driven decisions are often fatally flawed so it is often teh case that leaders need to take a contrarian view for the longer term good.

Happy posting!

I feel cheap and used.

And cheap.

You've been on here and its forum predecessor for long enough to know whats going on?

I'm sure you don't need me to spell it out but, for those unaware of the dark arts its called "public relations and the general principle of consumer sentiment manipulation". All companies do it in one way or another. I doubt a company headed by a member of the World Economic Forum like Ralph Krueger is unaware of its uses in our context.

I think this forum has regularly been used to test out policies and ideas on a loyal vocal social media savvy highly connected IT literate representative Saints fan base. We are a great population demograph all nicely concentrated to try out stuff on. The views of a few thousand of us here on this site are easily and with high validity (imo) a great representation of the world wide views of saints fans on any subject you care to mention ~ from players incomings to player outgoings and so forth. Like a local free of charge focus group - or it may not be free - maybe beneficiaries show gratitude somehow directly or indirectly. I'm surprised if anyone is surprised at this opinion of mine. And if it is not happening overtly or covertly them I don't support Southampton Football Club! It would be commercially negligent not to access the free mine of valuable data we generate each day on matters SFC. Ralph does not strike me as commercially negligent.

Agents use us, press use us, the internet uses us, maybe even SFC uses us, who knows even players. Its all part and parcel of football these days. Its not a bad thing and i do it at my workplace often also. So, we are being listened to, and our POV's taken into account, of that I'm sure though of course ultimate decisions are not always populist driven, and indeed, lowest common denominator driven decisions are often fatally flawed so it is often teh case that leaders need to take a contrarian view for the longer term good.

Happy posting!

And there was I thinking we were all just hot air listened to by nobody ;)

But Giordano, we are happy to be used. We want our voice heard. We want our concerns taken on board. Our opinions sought. I seem to recall a rather fanciful notion that some had on here of having a fan on the company's board. As that was never going to happen, and I suspect (and hope) won't, then this is our soap box and I hope that it is read and (some of what is written) taken on board.

Happy posting!

Well, we have a few outliers and contrarians on here.. Not from any personal conviction, just to _be_ 'clever' and contrarian. You may insert your own candidates to this description, but I wonder how the cazzo the club view _them_?!

But Giordano, we are happy to be used. We want our voice heard. We want our concerns taken on board. Our opinions sought. I seem to recall a rather fanciful notion that some had on here of having a fan on the company's board. As that was never going to happen, and I suspect (and hope) won't, then this is our soap box and I hope that it is read and (some of what is written) taken on board.

If I am right then you are right. Our views must already be of some consequence where it counts if the Board are half as good as what their CV's say.

Let me be a bit crass and talk in lucre terms. The EPL is a mega bucks biz. ALL the data we generate on this forum each day is extremely and directly valuable to help get access to those mega bucks and all the spin off bucks and all the spin off glory (still important) and name recognition (VERY important) around the world. Data such as our representative saints fans sentiment towards all these Manager names for example, seeing as that's what this thread is about, CAN be monetized by people with inspired commercial know how. You can work out for yourself im sure some of the ways. For a high end aspirant club like Saints it is inconceivable that such advanced techniques and business intelligence sources/services are not already a tool in our toolbox, (is that a Nige saying?) especially with Ralph Krueger at the helm. The difference between upwardly mobile growth football clubs, like Saints, and going backwards clubs (not mentioning any names) is understanding this, and doing something professional about it.

If it is not, and we are playing amateur hour stuff in a very uninspired low energy low inspiration not world class kind of way - well even that can provide safe business navigation for the Saints biz, though it fails to hit a standard I know Ralph wants. Id be surprised if that was it. IF anyone with half a clue looks at these new manager posts they may find beneficial assistance. Maybe they should just invite the forum owner to the Boardroom one Saturday afternoon after the match for a chat, if that's not already happened ;-).

Sorry if already posted but I haven't seen this article so far.

Maybe the Unai Emery move to PSG is not a done deal yet! Google translation from sport.fr article from yesterday below (see web link below), if anyone can translate better please do!!

http://www.sport.fr/football/ligue-1-psg-emery-est-dej-agace-397508.shtm

So Unai Emery is close to joining PSG, where Laurent Blanc has still not been settled. One detail that would interfere with the Spanish technician. According to information from the Cadena Ser, the former coach of Sevilla would be ready to return to Andalusia, where the dismissal of French would be quickly resolved. He would have including another proposal from an English club. Nevertheless imagine that the Qatari owners will soon formalize their change of coach.

Google translate isn't 100% accurate...

Whilst Unai Emery is close to joining PSG, Laurent Blanc's situation has still not been resolved. A detail that apparently has annoyed the Spanish manager. According to the Cadena Ser, the former Sevilla manager is apparently ready to return to Andalusia if the Frenchman is not quickly sacked. He apparently has another proposal from an English club available. Nevertheless, one imagines that the Qatari owners will not delay in making the change of manager official.

I reckon it's the agent trying to get PSG to hurry up.

Club leak ****e names into the media, so people wont be that disappointed when the 4th choice is revealed.

All the good managers available have said NO.

I'm sure the club have a list of posters who they disregard - if it's not Cat A ticket prices, it is something else equally banal.

The EPL is a mega bucks biz. ALL the data we generate on this forum each day is extremely and directly valuable to help get access to those mega bucks and all the spin off bucks and all the spin off glory (still important) and name recognition (VERY important) around the world.

I'd love to know how you think a handful of Saints fans opining on whether Rudi Garcia has a viable Plan B is going to help the board to strike centi-million dollar sponsorship deals...

I'd love to know how you think a handful of Saints fans opining on whether Rudi Garcia has a viable Plan B is going to help the board to strike centi-million dollar sponsorship deals...

Im prepared to hold a free pukka pie whilst grinning at the camera if it will help the club

Received this through the forum:

"I give you a sure information, the next coach of the saints at this time coaching a national team at the European Championships in France and is expected to be eliminated to announce his arrival at St. Mary's."

"I give you a sure information, the next coach of the saints at this time coaching a national team at the European Championships in France and is expected to be eliminated to announce his arrival at St. Mary's."

Couldnt we get one who isnt about to be eliminated?

It would explain Hodgson's team selection tonight. He is trying to get knocked out as he is so eager to start at Saints. ?

Has he still got his flat in Winchester ? Hear there's an outstanding 8 year old milk bill.

He's going to throw the final group match? Simple then, just look for the coach that plays a striker in goal and a goalkeeper up front.