Puel & Nice

glengarryleads

Seeing as how Claude has just come to us from four years in Nice, I hope the club finds something to do more than the token moment of silence for the victims.

OGC Nice seem like a class club and there’s a fair bit of kinship between us and them, even before Claude.

Heart goes out to him, and everyone in Nice. Do yourself a favor and don’t watch the videos.

Seeing as how Claude has just come to us from four years in Nice, I hope the club finds something to do more than the token moment of silence for the victims.

OGC Nice seem like a class club and there’s a fair bit of kinship between us and them, even before Claude.

Heart goes out to him, and everyone in Nice. Do yourself a favor and don’t watch the videos.

Good post.

Appalling situation in Nice - our sympathies to all those people in Nice affected by this. As you say, hope the club make a prompt and appropriate gesture towards Puel, OGC Nice and the city - as we'd appreciate if it were us.

Hope this gets a long thread of support too and gets shown to Puel. An opportunity to demonstrate our early support for him.

Yes, hopefully there's some gesture by the club for Puel. I spent four days in Nice last month during the Euros, much of it on the Promenade des Anglais. It's a lovely place and the locals were great. My heart goes out to those poor people.

Very sad to hear the news of this terrible terrorist attack.

Currently 84 dead including children.

It would be a great gesture if the club supports the people of Nice in some appropriate way.

why don't we on here

I don't know why people do want to watch the videos to be honest? It's a bit weird.

Despicable act of terrorism. I was sickened and saddened as I went to bed last night at the news unfolding.

The French government need to get a grip on this. They are guilty of an indefensible slow reaction to the problems they have. They have been warned repeatedly, both internally and externally, about the threats but their efforts to counteract radicalisation has been woeful IMO.

How can this possibly happen in a country where they are on the highest state of alert?

The French government need to get a grip on this. They are guilty of an indefensible slow reaction to the problems they have. How can this possibly happen in a country where they are on the highest state of alert?

Seriously what do you expect them to do - ban all trucks?

Despicable attack.

France are bearing a terrible brunt of the terrorist attacks in Europe and they have our sympathy and our support. The lunatics responsible will never achieve their aims. It may take a long time for that to sink in to minds that are so twisted but we can wait them out and oppose them every inch of the way as ISIS loses territory and influence. A shame that the UK response has to be led by Boris Johnson who is derided in much of the World and especially in France but that mustn't get in the way of letting all French people know that we stand very firmly beside them.

Absolutely terrible. What else is there you can say.

Can anyone explain why this is happening in France? The "terrorists" seem to be concentrating their efforts there (if that is indeed what this is).

Lastly I cant understand why so many outlets will put up the terrible videos and pictures. Have a little respect FFS.

Can anyone explain why this is happening in France? The "terrorists" seem to be concentrating their efforts there (if that is indeed what this is).

Lastly I cant understand why so many outlets will put up the terrible videos and pictures. Have a little respect FFS.

You could try googling it. I did this morning, brought up plenty of articles (mostly written after the Bataclan) explaining possible motives.

Many people believe it's due to the whole North African French colonial thing as a lot of the attackers and people arrested prior to attacks have been of Algerian descent etc, but it's just speculation.

Yes, they have a serious immigration problem (one walk around the northern districts of Paris will show just how bad it is) but again, it's not that different to somewhere like Hamburg.

Absolutely awful. Yet another attack involving scores of innocent people enjoying themselves. How do you stop this?

Hope people stop believing in sky fairies? Or get rid of money. Can't think of any other way TBH.

Awful.

Many people believe it's due to the whole North African French colonial thing as a lot of the attackers and people arrested prior to attacks have been of Algerian descent etc, but it's just speculation.

Yes, they have a serious immigration problem (one walk around the northern districts of Paris will show just how bad it is) but again, it's not that different to somewhere like Hamburg.

I believe the attacks by and large are committed by French nationals or set-up or orchestrated by French nationals.

I believe the attacks by and large are committed by French nationals or set-up or orchestrated by French nationals.

They could well be. Apologies if I didn't make my point clear, I was trying to state that they have an immigration problem but it's no worse than numerous other European countries, so the cause for these repeat attacks on France cannot really be attributed to that.

Hope people stop believing in sky fairies? Or get rid of money. Can't think of any other way TBH.

Awful.

It's only the believers of one very particular sky fairy that seem to be committing these acts in this frequency and manner in modern times.

It's only the believers of one very particular sky fairy that seem to be committing these acts in this frequency and manner in modern times.

If you think its the teachings of any religion and not the manipulation of the poor and uneducated that's causing the terrorism you're a prime recruit for a suicide squad yourself. One of the goals of ISIS is to alienate muslims from the western societies they live in in order to make recruitment easier, and that kind of lazy "muslims are bad" half-wittery helps no end.

If you think its the teachings of any religion and not the manipulation of the poor and uneducated that's causing the terrorism you're a prime recruit for a suicide squad yourself. One of the goals of ISIS is to alienate muslims from the western societies they live in in order to make recruitment easier, and that kind of lazy "muslims are bad" half-wittery helps no end.

That has nothing to do with my point. Thank you though.

There's clearly a problem with Islam.

It's not religion, it's lunacy. Millions of peaceful religious people out there that don't feel a need to drive a truck through a promenade.

If you blame religion, you're just adding to the problem.

When was the last time someone drove a truck along a crowd of people killing 84 in the name of atheism?

This obviously isn't the place to debate this, but its the people who continue to ignore the issue rather than those that point it out that are the problem.

It's not religion, it's lunacy.

"It's not religion" :lol: Head in sand. Until people realise it is EVERYTHING to do with religion then we are powerless to stop this at its roots.

In fact it's not religion in general, as compared to what is happening in the name of Islam in modern-day, no other religion comes close. I don't agree with any religion either but each to their own. But when a religion is threatening, and is not compatible with, the whole of our civilisation in the West and is actively trying to disrupt it, then I have a problem.

When was the last time someone drove a truck along a crowd of people killing 84 in the name of atheism?

This obviously isn't the place to debate this, but its the people who continue to ignore the issue rather than those that point it out that are the problem.

He drank alcohol, ate pork and took drugs. He was NOT a Muslim - he was a s***': Truck terrorist's cousin reveals he is an 'unlikely jihadist' who beat his wife and NEVER went to the mosque

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3691895/He-drank-alcohol-ate-pork-took-drugs-NOT-Muslim-Truck-terrorist-Mohamed-Lahouaiej-Bouhlel-s-cousin-reveals-unlikely-jihadist-beat-wife-NEVER-went-mosque.html#ixzz4EUjaXp00

He drank alcohol, ate pork and took drugs. He was NOT a Muslim - he was a s***': Truck terrorist's cousin reveals he is an 'unlikely jihadist' who beat his wife and NEVER went to the mosque

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3691895/He-drank-alcohol-ate-pork-took-drugs-NOT-Muslim-Truck-terrorist-Mohamed-Lahouaiej-Bouhlel-s-cousin-reveals-unlikely-jihadist-beat-wife-NEVER-went-mosque.html#ixzz4EUjaXp00

Yeah, who knows, maybe it'll be one of the very rare instances of terrorism that isn't done in the name of Islam, always the odd exception.

Yeah, who knows, maybe it'll be one of the very rare instances of terrorism that isn't done in the name of Islam, always the odd exception.

You're one of the tw ats here on Saintsweb. Does that mean Saintsweb posters are to blame for the ****e you spout?

You're one of the tw ats here on Saintsweb. Does that mean Saintsweb posters are to blame for the ****e you spout?

If SaintsWeb was a religious cult whose holy book was filled with hate and similar teachings that encouraged these sort of extremist beliefs, then yes, it would be to blame.

Another way to look at it is that lunatics quite often use religion to justify or validate their lunacy. Are you not concerned by the militant 'christian' groups on the rise?

Coincidently I watched a documentary about Islam in Ireland last night (it was on our equivalent of Newsnight) and it pointed out that in some areas of the country the Muslim community has grown by over 3000% over the last 20 years, this happened to coincide with a massive drop in terrorist activity and support on all parts of the Island;)

But you are right this is not the place to debate this, I wonder what people think The Club should do? Should we go over for a Friendly?

Its awful, it would be good of the club to show some support to Puel. It doesn't have to be public, he may not want that.

Heart goes out to the people of France.

That's right! Lets not put him in the spotlight over this. He is probably grieving privately.

"It's not religion" :lol: Head in sand. Until people realise it is EVERYTHING to do with religion then we are powerless to stop this at its roots.

In fact it's not religion in general, as compared to what is happening in the name of Islam in modern-day, no other religion comes close. I don't agree with any religion either but each to their own. But when a religion is threatening, and is not compatible with, the whole of our civilisation in the West and is actively trying to disrupt it, then I have a problem.

If the religion is such a problem why is it only becoming a threat to the West now, despite being around for centuries? The problem is a group of sick people are using Islam as a way to justify killing. One does not turn into a jihadist just by having Muslim faith or this would be a much larger problem going back a very long time. Again, millions of peaceful, not sick individuals out there.

History has shown us Catholicism was used as a similar justification for killing innocents long ago. It is not a problem today. It's not the religion. It's sick people. Continuing to blame the religion only inflames the sick. Stop.

If the religion is such a problem why is it only becoming a threat to the West now, despite being around for centuries? The problem is a group of sick people are using Islam as a way to justify killing. One does not turn into a jihadist just by having Muslim faith or this would be a much larger problem going back a very long time. Again, millions of peaceful, not sick individuals out there.

History has shown us Catholicism was used as a similar justification for killing innocents long ago. It is not a problem today. It's not the religion. It's sick people. Continuing to blame the religion only inflames the sick. Stop.

because the 'west' is as free, liberal and open as it has ever been. that is why

because the 'west' is as free, liberal and open as it has ever been. that is why

If the faith was really built on opposing western values, you really think they'd wait until they hit some minimum threshold of openness before doing something about it? Laughable. Attitudes like yours make it very easy for radicals to recruit. Think about that.

If the faith was really built on opposing western values, you really think they'd wait until they hit some minimum threshold of openness before doing something about it? Laughable. Attitudes like yours make it very easy for radicals to recruit. Think about that.

it is allowing them to do something about it.

#prayforfrance. That will show them

Laughable. Attitudes like yours make it very easy for radicals to recruit. Think about that.
I agree. Its posts like Batman's on a football forum that are to blame for these continued horrific killings, if only he'd stop posting we'd be ok.

Jo Cox's funeral was today. It's the rhetoric of EDL type people like Griffo Mash and Batman who got her killed. They'd never apologise though.

Wow! I'm sure those guys wouldn't endorse Cox's murder, just as they wouldn't endorse persecution of Muslims simply because a guy went nuts in the name of nutters.