Sofiane Boufal

Matthew Le God

Appreciate its a bit simplistic but I don't have all the information available.

Rough guess we must have a sizeable amount left after the Ins/outs this summer

Can only assume we also had a bit to spend before any player sales

You haven't factored in the increased costs of the numerous new contracts.

Thanks for the info AR-10, Boufal is a great signing! Another 10m for Ziyech would be just fine, thank you.

Imagine Boufal, Tadic and Ziyech playing together for Saints... Nah, that's just a wet dream. I guess the next player will be someone who can run fast.

wouldn't that be like having 3 creators in one team. My impression from the early season games is we need a finisher (56 attempts on goal and only two goals scored) we are making chances but aren't being very clinical in front of goal.

Good to see we are getting a signing over the line. I just hope a mixture of recovering from an injury without a pre-seaon, adjusting to first year premiership pace/physicality and the rumored Africa Cup of Nations departure in Jan isnt too much for him. Realistically speaking could be next season before we see his real potential. Ballsy move to make a big play for him this summer knowing we will probably not get a full season out of him.

I'll admit I know next nothing about this bloke other than people on here say he is good and he probably won't play until October. So I'll wait to see him play a few times before I decide on weather this is a good or bad signing.

bedwetter. ffs.

you're Sofiane

I bet you think this thread is about you

you're sofiane

I bet you think this thread is about you

don't you?

Genius...

How about;

You're Sofiane, I bet you think you'll score against Man U.

you're Sofiane, I bet you think the scousers will buy you, don't you.

wouldn't that be like having 3 creators in one team. My impression from the early season games is we need a finisher (56 attempts on goal and only two goals scored) we are making chances but aren't being very clinical in front of goal.

Don't think we are making lots of chances. Lots of those shots speculative from edge of area etc.

Don't think we are making lots of chances. Lots of those shots speculative from edge of area etc.

Still a chance on goal though some players are very good with long range shots we haven't had a player like that in a while. The only two long range rockets we've scored recently that stick in my mind is Martina and Clyne (both against arsenal weirdly)

Still a chance on goal though some players are very good with long range shots we haven't had a player like that in a while. The only two long range rockets we've scored recently that stick in my mind is Martina and Clyne (both against arsenal weirdly)
But we're restricted to lots of long range speculative efforts because we're not creating proper clear cut chances, which is the point. A creative player isn't the full answer anyway, but it will help.

I think Les Reed will have been singing this;

Do-lang, do-lang, do-lang

Do-lang, do-lang

He's Sofiane

Wish he were mine

That handsome boy over there

The one with the short wavy hair

I don't know how I'm gonna do it

But I'm gonna make him mine

He's the envy of all the clubs

It's just a matter of time

He's a soft spoken guy

Also seems kinda shy

Makes me wonder if I

Should even give him a try

But then I know he can score

He can score away forever

And I'm gonna make him mine

If it takes me forever

He's Sofiane

Gotta be mine

Sooner or later

I hope it's not later

We gotta get together

The sooner the better

I just can't wait, I just can't wait

To be held in his arms (oooer missus)

0AbsZQN1?format=jpg&name=orig

And now this #BoufalWatch has ended.

Exceptionally happy with this deal - Cannot wait to see him in action & really hopeful he can give us what we need.

He's very much a Saints type of signing - The big clubs have all looked and don't think he's ready, so he's come here to try and make the step up.

Boufal and Ziyech are both creators and finishers. You could play Tadic from the left, Ziyech from the right and Boufal at the top of the diamond. Of course there will be whiners who'll say there's no balance in the team with those three but who cares about them? Anyway, Ziyech is going to Ajax or Swansea so it won't happen.

I'm trying to come up with a list of players who constantly score from long range - i've only come up with Le Tiss and Roy Race so far. Unfortunately both have retired. Any others?

Boufal and Ziyech are both creators and finishers. You could play Tadic from the left, Ziyech from the right and Boufal at the top of the diamond. Of course there will be whiners who'll say there's no balance in the team with those three but who cares about them? Anyway, Ziyech is going to Ajax or Swansea so it won't happen.

Would work if we played one up front and two defensive midfielders. Not in the diamond though.

I'm trying to come up with a list of players who constantly score from long range - i've only come up with Le Tiss and Roy Race so far. Unfortunately both have retired. Any others?

Jay Rod too.. if the keeper jumps over the ball

well ...he's signed at last, but we have to wait a bit longer to see him play. Just as long as his fitness issues don't include " a minor operation " :scared:....

Hopefully he's fit enough for the Europa League games, although we should be sure to get his visa cleared in time for the visit to Beersheba at the end of September.

This was down to Les Reed going out of his way completely and the integrity of Boufal's representives.

It took close to 18 Months to get this guy (as I've said before) and we weren't the only club in for him (also as I've said before), there were

one or 2 that came in late and nearly hijacked the entire deal, which was why I couldn't say any more than I was saying, as you never know who is reading

and I took a lot of stick for that. :lol:

I genuinely thought it was going to collapse at one point.

We had a preliminary offer accepted which in itself was already a club record, other clubs showed their hand and Chelsea came in with a ridiculous bid early last week, but Les had invested

so much into getting this guy and moved extremely quickly to get it done as I understand Sofiane really wanted to come here and we were the choice of his representatives as well..

(read into that what you like, personally to me that's a positive)

As I confirmed here:

http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?56199-Summer-Transfer-Targets-Thread&p=2380695#post2380695

Whilst I don't know what the exact fee was, it would almost definitely be a lot more than £16M as quoted by sky as that was our first bid and I'm guessing that is the

ONLY info they have.

P.S I am expecting 1 more, this is probably going to be around @£10M if it get's done.

cheer for the update Les.

Genius...

How about;

You're Sofiane, I bet you think you'll score against Man U.

you're Sofiane, I bet you think the scousers will buy you, don't you.

Or,

You're sofiane, you're sofiane, Liverpool is nothing to be scared of.

Edit: Adam and the Ants - Prince Charming.

So I've gone from "Jack Schitt" to "Les Reed" now?

Forget it, this is mission impossible and not worth my time.

lighten up Les, was a joke ffs.

Don't get all precious because others fawn over your posts

so, what position if the next target in? Striker, CM? defender?

I was near the back in block 11 on Saturday and it's possible that boufal was sat with pied in the adjacent block. Certainly looked like him now I've seen pictures and interview.

Tempting to think that Pied, who was signed a bit out of the blue on a free, was purchased to give Sofiane a bit of francophone company at training. If so, he won't be much help for a while.

Most of the regular posters on here are usually grateful for snippets of inside info. Keep them flowing, and ignore the cynics.

The large majority of us very much appreciate your snippets, AR-10.

Cmon AR-10 let us know which position this £10m ish player is?!!!

Well, if LeG is correct, it could very well be Riccardo Saponara.

well ...he's signed at last, but we have to wait a bit longer to see him play. Just as long as his fitness issues don't include " a minor operation " :scared:....

Hopefully he's fit enough for the Europa League games, although we should be sure to get his visa cleared in time for the visit to Beersheba at the end of September.

Careful David, questions that may refer to the clubs medical prowess might bring a curt response from the fat fingered Reynoldson!!::lol: