Sofiane Boufal

Matthew Le God

I don't know, the person I know was only involved in this deal. Personally hope another two, forward and cover RB if martina goes.

I think there will be another one. Guessing not a striker if Jay is staying. (Especially if LeG's Italian link is spot on).

Right back is a possible, but we don't have very long to sort a deal out.

So I've gone from "Jack Schitt" to "Les Reed" now?

Forget it, this is mission impossible and not worth my time.

Ignore batman. He's just jealous that you're a far more valued member of SWF after 32 posts than he is after 20,000 (+ however many posts he had under the name of delldays).

Amazing signing. Think it might be 1/2 seasons and a huge move but will really enjoy watching him in a saints shirt. Think there's a lot of dodgy defences he'll enjoy running at this season. Fantastic stuff.

He had Matudi, Marquinios et co in knots a season or so, they couldn't stop him. He'll have fun up against some of the slow cloggers in the PL. Looking forward to it.

For what it's worth, sounds like his injury is long sorted - it's just a case of getting him into a mini pre-season to build up his fitness.

Boufal's signing is a great relief, and even if he can't play for a while, to have a young professional of his calibre here will be a great boost to players and fans.

Meanwhile though we are still weakened by Wanyama's departure in midfield because our midfield has been looking a bit bullied by taller tougher teams, and this needs to be addressed, especially as Boufal is also small in stature.

And we still need a tallish sharpshooter up front to replace the presence that Pelle gave us. This is not a moan, just an obvious fact. Hopefully the rumoured addition will resolve one of these concerns - please.

So I've gone from "Jack Schitt" to "Les Reed" now?

Forget it, this is mission impossible and not worth my time.

I am very grateful for the information that you are posting and I know others that do not post here feel the same. Please keep it coming

I'm delighted we've signed someone.

It was painfully obvious to anyone with a brain that our transfer business was not complete and so it has proved.

It's a Boufal day.

Who were you arguing with about that? James someone or another. Cracking argument that, as if we were not going to bring anyone else in. I still think we'll do a deadline deal or two as well.

Would work if we played one up front and two defensive midfielders. Not in the diamond though.

It will be interesting to see where Puel plays Tadic and Boufal when they are both on the pitch and if the formation changes to accommodate that. The Boufal signing screams this formation IMO.

-------------Forster-------------

Cedric--Fonte--VVD--Bertrand

-----Romeu-----Hojbjerg------

--Redmond--Boufal--Tadic----

-----------[striker]-------------

Where do you play both Tadic and Boufal in the diamond formation? Tadic is not a box to box midfielder.

I am very grateful for the information that you are posting and I know others that do not post here feel the same. Please keep it coming

Sorry if I have missed the info he posted as there is a lot of pages to go through. But what info did he say? I mean specific info other than 'we are trying to sign someone' etc as anyone can say that. I'm not itk but I would hazard a guess we might get someone in before the deadline and as he signed for us we were in the driving seat. He is an outfield player who can play in a few positions. They were impressed with our set-up and felt this was the best place to progress their careers. And so on.

Who were you arguing with about that? James someone or another. Cracking argument that, as if we were not going to bring anyone else in. I still think we'll do a deadline deal or two as well.

James it was.

I mean he said he hadn't heard of any other moves which, given he is the resident ITK, indicates to me there's no one coming in or at least no one close or imminent. I hope I'm wrong but I must say most on here are convinced we will sign someone purely because it's inconceivable/would be irresponsible if we didn't. To be clear, I agree with all who say that we need to sign players and that the sensible thing to do would be to sign at least another attacker. However, the news from the ITKs and the news out of the club via Jeremy Wilson leads me to the conclusion, at the moment, that we've missed out on who we wanted to get and don't have any others in the pipeline. If I'm wrong I'll happily eat humble pie but I do find it amazing that others on here remain almost convinced of a significant signing without a shred of evidence and in fact with relatively significant evidence indicating that there's no one coming.

Where do you play both Tadic and Boufal in the diamond formation? Tadic is not a box to box midfielder.

It suggests we won't play them both. I don't know much about Boufal, but could he play as a sort-of striker like Redmond?

I'd be interested to know what the club told Tadic before he signed his new contract.

Takes the pressure off Puel for a day or two but papering over the cracks at best. Even if he is a wonderful player Boufal cannot alone transform this team.

Yep, they've definitely signed him to take the pressure off Puel for a day or two. Papering those cracks all day long.

It will be interesting to see where Puel plays Tadic and Boufal when they are both on the pitch and if the formation changes to accommodate that. The Boufal signing screams this formation IMO.

I think this team is the one most of us want, and the 4-2-3-1 formation as well. Please Claude, diamonds are NOT forever.

lighten up Les, was a joke ffs.

Don't get all precious because others fawn over your posts

so, what position if the next target in? Striker, CM? defender?

....and this is the reason why, there are no ITK's , because of idiots like this 'Batman'. Trolls every post, and has nothing constructive to say, and the 'Mods' let him post line after line of utter tripe. Fools like him, should be restricted in their posting, and utter knob end.

are you pompey?

No, of course there aren't any Pompey fans on here masquerading as disgruntled Saints fans. What a daft notion. They are simply ardent Saints fans with an alternative agenda, oops, sorry...alternative opinion... :)

Edited by trousers

My guess is still this -

(same back 5)

------------------Romeu-----------------

----------Hojberg----Tadic/Davis--------

-------------New Number 10------------

----Boufal/Redmond----Long/Austin----

My guess is still this -

(same back 5)

------------------Romeu/Clasie-----------------

----------Hojberg/JWP----Tadic/Davis--------

-------------New Number 10------------

----Boufal/Redmond----Long/Austin----

Just editing your above post to see what our squad depth would be like.

We also have Jay Rod to add into the mix and Redmond could drov back, so yeah, one more attacking player and our squad is sorted, and also maybe a better CB than Yoshida/a better CDM than Romeu if we're really being fussy!!!

No, of course there aren't any Pompey fans on here masquerading as disgruntled Saints fans. What a daft notion. They are simply ardent Saints fans with an alternative agenda, oops, sorry...alternative opinion... :)

The trouble is opinions vary from one extreme to another. From the bed-wetters to the happy-clappers.

Most people are somewhere in the middle, but as usual those at the extremes get the most notice.

I am somewhere in the middle I think player wise we are not too far off. Tactic wise I think the diamond is not working and a revert to last seasons formation, with the players we currently have, would be better.

But, my experience of football has been limited to the terraces... So what do I know?

Just editing your above post to see what our squad depth would be like.

We also have Jay Rod to add into the mix and Redmond could drov back, so yeah, one more attacking player and our squad is sorted, and also maybe a better CB than Yoshida/a better CDM than Romeu if we're really being fussy!!!

Yeh, plus Boufal can play the no 10.

My only worry - is Romeu good enough? and we lack cover there, without him our midfield lacks a lot of physicality and height, Hojberg aside.

Whether we are playing the diamond or playing the old formation from last year, there is still a Wanyama shaped hole in there for me.

My only worry - is Romeu good enough? and we lack cover there, without him our midfield lacks a lot of physicality and height, Hojberg aside.

Whether we are playing the diamond or playing the old formation from last year, there is still a Wanyama shaped hole in there for me.

I agree that defensive mid is a concern but for me my biggest worry is where the goals will come from. Nearly every shot we took against Sunderland came from outside the box. We seemed to run out of ideas and just take hopeful shots. We need a proper 18 yard box goal scorer.

That and the striker that we have needed for the past 2-3 seasons.

This boy looks a good player, but we are still weaker than before IMO. Id much rather of seen the 20m invested in a striker

I agree that defensive mid is a concern but for me my biggest worry is where the goals will come from. Nearly every shot we took against Sunderland came from outside the box. We seemed to run out of ideas and just take hopeful shots. We need a proper 18 yard box goal scorer.

Well we have one in Austin. Just the formation does not suit him and he's often having to go out wide.

That and the striker that we have needed for the past 2-3 seasons.

This boy looks a good player, but we are still weaker than before IMO. Id much rather of seen the 20m invested in a striker

We needed Boufal, we needed that replacement for Mane, someone with an Xfactor, especially if we are going to play a Striker like Long who needs 2-3 chances to score then getting someone who makes lots of chances will help.

But yeh still would like to see a striker.

But don't understand why we can't get more in, we still haven't spent close to we've sold. Be nice to see the squad actually noticeable up on quality rather than just replacing what we've lost.

if we'd actually replaced like for like, then

New physical, BIG DM replaces Mane.

Austin replaces Pelle

Boufal replaces Mane

Then Hojberg, Redmond and a new striker would improve the squad from last year.

And you have to wonder with a player like Bony being available why we wouldn't at least try for someone like that.

Who knows maybe we'll get a surprising deadline day, but I doubt it, I hope at least one more is coming in.

A genuine fan that has been posting and contributing (paying also) to the forum for years = :thumbdown:

A wannabe ITK that has posted nothing = :adore: :poundit:

I sometimes struggle with the genuine bit after some games or certain news is released.

Anyway back on Boufal watch here in Morocco all the waiters and bar staff are in agreement that Boufal is mustard and he will definitely go to the Afcon if he is fit. The transfer has been all bet the news here and everyone is stoked so that must be a good thing.

The only upside to the Afcon is they think their team is generally **** and won't be in long

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

....and this is the reason why, there are no ITK's , because of idiots like this 'Batman'. Trolls every post, and has nothing constructive to say, and the 'Mods' let him post line after line of utter tripe. Fools like him, should be restricted in their posting, and utter knob end.

behave. one minute the club are completely water tight and the next, we have a detailed synopsis of what is going on.

nothing is leaked like that by accident. More so when it highlights how wonderful certain members of staff are doing

we have had plants on here many times before. fair play but call it what it is.