Sofiane Boufal

Matthew Le God

All members bar 1... I suspect

People don't like me on here. Makes me sad

Compared with some of the precious peeps on here you are quite refreshing but there's always that moment when you live up to their whim. Sort your self out.

I'm sure it has been mentioned, but could someone update me on the ETA back from injury? All I have seen is "next month", being September.

From what I could work out from his interview and Les's few comments, he's actually back from his injury - it sounds like just needs to play a bit of catch up re: pre-season. I reckon we'll prob see him at the back end of next month.

He's going to be an absolute delight to watch for a couple of years - I just hope we can assemble a worthy supporting cast alongside him and it doesn't end up like a Hollywood A-lister slumming it alongside a host of waiters and car washers in a low budget horror flick.

Oriel Romeu is the car washer, by the way. JWP the waiter.

Great to have a player on board that will get fans out of there seats when he runs at defences. ...He can shoot on target as well as the stats clearly show

Barcelona don't play with a striker the have three inter changing mobile front men.....Tadic redmond boufal ? Jay rod and long could do that as well

Just saying

He's going to be an absolute delight to watch for a couple of years - I just hope we can assemble a worthy supporting cast alongside him and it doesn't end up like a Hollywood A-lister slumming it alongside a host of waiters and car washers in a low budget horror flick.

Oriel Romeu is the car washer, by the way. JWP the waiter.

You talk sh#t, you grumpy c#nt

Edited by New Forest Steve

I think it's been blown out of proportion to be honest. He'll probably be on the bench V Arsenal.

That would be a massive boost but given the club have already warned us we won't see him for a few weeks I'd be surprised. Hoping that he makes the Europa league fixtures.

That would be a massive boost but given the club have already warned us we won't see him for a few weeks I'd be surprised. Hoping that he makes the Europa league fixtures.

Can't see him being in a PL game that soon, but I reckon he could be eased in during the Palace cup game/EL games before he gets his PL bow.

Can't see him being in a PL game that soon, but I reckon he could be eased in during the Palace cup game/EL games before he gets his PL bow.

The Palace league cup game does look prime for an easing in. If fit enough id expect him to make the bench against Swansea and then hopefully start against Palace following a ten minute cameo v Swansea.

behave. one minute the club are completely water tight and the next, we have a detailed synopsis of what is going on.

nothing is leaked like that by accident. More so when it highlights how wonderful certain members of staff are doing

we have had plants on here many times before. fair play but call it what it is.

True. It does seem like we've got lots of Pompey fans on here these days.

Most of them seem to have "Saint" in their name. Perfect cover !!!

Boufal's agent talks about who was interested....

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/09/09/sofiane-boufal-was-also-interesting-premier-league-trio-claims-a/

& hints at future move...

(Must be some kind of record :))

I mean You just know what he said when he told him to sign for us. " Liverpool's waiting lad, just show 'em what you could do fer a season or two at soton and then I'll drive ye down there myself. Meantime soton will be grateful for your season or two with them, 'tis all they want."

Boufal's agent talks about who was interested....

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/09/09/sofiane-boufal-was-also-interesting-premier-league-trio-claims-a/

& hints at future move...

(Must be some kind of record :))

They have sold 14 players to United Liverpool and Chelsea?

Who have we sold to Chelsea? I honestly can't remember that..someone remind me?

Puel said yesterday that Boufal was about a month out for 1st team action.

Does anyone know if the "injury" he discussed is a new one, a flare up of the recent injury that required a knee operation or this is just about his mini pre-season?

Seems very unclear.

Puel said yesterday that Boufal was about a month out for 1st team action.

Does anyone know if the "injury" he discussed is a new one, a flare up of the recent injury that required a knee operation or this is just about his mini pre-season?

Seems very unclear.

He's had a long term knee injury so it's likely nothing new.

Can't see him being our player next season if he's as good as some suggest. Football is so broken!

If we sell him next summer he will have to have been the greatest player we've ever signed. 20-odd goals or something from the wing.

We've got him for 2 years whatever happens.

Not quite. We keep them until they are down to the final 2 years of their contract so he will be here for at least 3 years.

Do we? Let's say not quite.

I think you might need to have a weeny little look at when the likes of Lallana and Shaw signed their contracts and when we sold them on. And, er, also when we sold Wanyama and Pelle which was only a few weeks ago.

Sometimes two years, sometimes one, sometimes more.

Do we? Let's say not quite.

I think you might need to have a weeny little look at when the likes of Lallana and Shaw signed their contracts and when we sold them on. And, er, also when we sold Wanyama and Pelle which was only a few weeks ago.

Sometimes two years, sometimes one, sometimes more.

I said at least 3 years, we could sell him when he has 1 year left although given his age and the position he plays I think that is unlikely as he would lose to much value in the penultimate year of his contract, like Mané would have done. 2014 was the exception as we needed the money, we no longer sell because of that but because the contracts are expiring and they won't renew for a salary within our structure. We will no longer sell key players who have more than two years on their contract. VVD will be here at least another 4 years, Boufal 3, Forster 3 etc... Ralph effectively admitted as much. Until this summer we hadn't had a contract renewal with a key player for 3 years, don't you think that players would jump at the chance to increase their salaries if they could leave whenever they wanted? We hold them to their contracts so the only way to leave is to run it down. Having complete control over the timing of departures also makes it much easier to identify what and who we will need to sign. Too much is made of player power, just because they have a lot more since the Bosman ruling doesn't mean they can do whatever they want. "Contract don't mean anything anymore" is absolute bu!!sh!t. Contracts are everything.

And the key aspect of our sales policy is there is a cutoff date during the summer window after which we will no longer sell key players regardless of the length of their contract and we pull the plug on any deals if they aren't completed by then, so there was no chance of Fonte ever being allowed to leave. This was already obvious as it was to much of a coincidence that we hadn't sold any big name players after the end of July (Chambers on July 29th being the latest) but Jeremy Wilson in the Telegraph recently confirmed it.

I said at least 3 years, we could sell him when he has 1 year left although given his age and the position he plays I think that is unlikely as he would lose to much value in the penultimate year of his contract, like Mané would have done. 2014 was the exception as we needed the money, we no longer sell because of that but because the contracts are expiring and they won't renew for a salary within our structure. We will no longer sell key players who have more than two years on their contract. VVD will be here at least another 4 years, Boufal 3, Forster 3 etc... Ralph effectively admitted as much. Until this summer we hadn't had a contract renewal with a key player for 3 years, don't you think that players would jump at the chance to increase their salaries if they could leave whenever they wanted? We hold them to their contracts so the only way to leave is to run it down. Having complete control over the timing of departures also makes it much easier to identify what and who we will need to sign. Too much is made of player power, just because they have a lot more since the Bosman ruling doesn't mean they can do whatever they want. "Contract don't mean anything anymore" is absolute bu!!sh!t. Contracts are everything.

And the key aspect of our sales policy is there is a cutoff date during the summer window after which we will no longer sell key players regardless of the length of their contract and we pull the plug on any deals if they aren't completed by then, so there was no chance of Fonte ever being allowed to leave. This was already obvious as it was to much of a coincidence that we hadn't sold any big name players after the end of July (Chambers on July 29th being the latest) but Jeremy Wilson in the Telegraph recently confirmed it.

You're living in cloud cuckoo land if you seriously think VVD is going to be here for at least four years. Ditto Forster - if, say, Arsenal come in for him to be their number one next summer, he's gone.

There's no evidence we only sell our players when they have two years left. I've given you a hatful of examples already.

Accept it. We've done well on contracts this summer but all it definitely does is buy us one more season regardless of the contract length.

• 3 weeks later...