Saints v Inter Milan Match Thread

Edmonton Saint

Why did Tadic take it and not JWP?

I have no idea. But given his record, I never want to see Tadic take another penalty for us ever again. He's utter crap at them and always makes them far too easy to save.

However, it's probably fair given how it should never have been a pen in the first place.

As for the elbow - it's just typical Italian gamesmanship. They are absolute masters at it, and the ref can't give a red if neither he nor the linos see it. Frustrating, but there you go.

Someone needs to have a word with the ref about all the holding at corners though. It's not even slightly subtle - it's so blatant that you wonder if they just know they will not get penalised for it though.

Very clever from Inter to stall over the penalty. End of the road for us in terms of Europa qualification, unless theres some drastic changes. We're not quite up to it at this level yet, but hopefully we will be here again.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

How, still games to play and 45 minutes left in this one..

Watching the Sparta 2nd goal, when the low cross came in, they had 3 (yes, THREE) players in the middle waiting for it on the 6-yard line!

We had a similar position in the 1st half but only 1 player on the penalty spot, nobody else near.

Too many players with 'midfield' minds and not enough with attacking intentions. They all want to create, get assists, say "I created that masterpiece/tap-in," but nobody has the balls to get in there and put the sodding ball in the sodding net.

Mistakes in the starting 11......all fart no **** still.

Do we really take this competition seriously.....if not,what's the point.

It was obvious from the off Inter would do the same as their home leg.

Was never a penalty....and Tadic taking it is ridiculous.

We are out if we don't win.

Puel will ****ing need to sort it.

Our lovely little run is over now we are meeting real competition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good keepers make saves you don't expect them to, hence them being good keepers. Forster's save to shot ratio must be poor as we only have to give the opposition one chance for it to be a goal. He's a good organizer and communicator, just starting to think I'd like a bit better in the actual goalkeeping department. And like others I had zero faith in Tadic, Ward-Prowse should have taken it.

He took that off JWP - Prowse was certainly holding the ball early on.

After the Austin-Tadic penalty fiasco Puel said that he would have a clear penalty taker established before each match. Clearly now Austin when he plays, but maybe he (Puel) forgot to have a back up when Austin isn't on the pitch.

Good keepers make saves you don't expect them to, hence them being good keepers. Forster's save to shot ratio must be poor as we only have to give the opposition one chance for it to be a goal. He's a good organizer and communicator, just starting to think I'd like a bit better in the actual goalkeeping department. And like others I had zero faith in Tadic, Ward-Prowse should have taken it.

Agree. Done through his legs the other day and here very slow to get across and down. Been a Bit of a lump recently. Hey Jay rod off for Austin or no chance

Pathetically weak referee. Won't do anything about the wrestling in the box during corners, completely bottled a clear sending off and lost control of Inter's blatant gamesmanship in holding up the penalty as long as possible.

And on top of that, it was never a penalty in the first place.

Tadic has always been an iffy penalty taker - no idea how he still gets the responsibility.

Oh well, hopefully the end of the half will light a fire under the boys and make this a battle.

Claude has been known to make decisive substitutions, so expecting a couple of changes.

Have to go for it.

Yep, he has made changes earlier in games than Koeman and MP ever did, this really does require Boufal, Austin and Davis. I'd take off J-rod. Jwp and tadic

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Second half still all to play for, I think we'll get a goal back and then fail to score and they might get a red...

Then we will have to win both our other games, I still have faith as we can improve. My issue is we are not being direct enough, we should be testing them far more. We played better at the San Siro.

Not sure what Puel can do now tbh. Inter will sit back and mass defend so we can probably lose one of the defensive minded midfielders. I'd take Hojberg or JWP off for Boufal. And take Jay off as he just can't get in the games these days. It seemed a strange one to start him imo. Tadic will want to do something now so I will leave him on. When he wants to he can rip defences apart. Just need someone who can take a chance and right now that is Austin.

Ref is totally iffy - foul on VVV for their 'goal' and Martina and FF should do much better. Then when did the laws change so that elbowing someone off the ball isn't violent conduct and a red card.

Poor pen by Tadic but poor error by Claude not starting with Austin. Get J Rod off and Charlie and Boufal on now.

Not sure what Puel can do now tbh. Inter will sit back and mass defend so we can probably lose one of the defensive minded midfielders. I'd take Hojberg or JWP off for Boufal. And take Jay off as he just can't get in the games these days. It seemed a strange one to start him imo. Tadic will want to do something now so I will leave him on. When he wants to he can rip defences apart. Just need someone who can take a chance and right now that is Austin.

Obvs

the ref can't give a red if neither he nor the linos see it. Frustrating, but there you go.

So what's he given the yellow for then? If he's seen it, it's a red. If he hasn't seen it, it's nothing. Awful decision, and the type that kills games.

Hate to say it but JRod looks substandard. Replace with Austin at HT please.

I thought he looked good for a bit, but faded badly mid-half. Not a good sign.

Austin on, please.

Also, Davis on for JWP, Boufal on for Tadic, and Boris Johnson on for the ref - even he's less of a clown than this plonker!

If Boufal and Austin don't come on I'll be gutted.

Gutted because i think we can qualify from this group but this team does not have goals in it.

I'm gutted because i think this dream is achievable and i wont be placated cos we may win at hull.

Quite - don't understand why they aren't on. At least the boys and the crowd should well revved up now, ref is right under pressure now.

Mistakes in the starting 11......all fart no **** still.

Do we really take this competition seriously.....if not,what's the point.

It was obvious from the off Inter would do the same as their home leg.

Was never a penalty....and Tadic taking it is ridiculous.

We are out if we don't win.

Puel will ****ing need to sort it.

Our lovely little run is over now we are meeting real competition.

If we draw we'll be a point clear in second, with 2 matches left. Very hard to qualify from that position, I agree, but not impossible.