Puel out

Lastman73

That, I agree with you

You just know Bertrand will be 1 of 3-5 first team players going.

Bertrand

Cedric

VvD

Forster

Romeu?

Then there is Iong......?

Thing is even during the height of the meltdowns we always kept a few key established players to provide continuity for the following season. In the summer of 2014, we kept Schneiderlin, Wanyama, Clyne, Fonte that provided a decent defensive foundation. We've never been in situation where we've needed a near-virtual rebuild. This summer could test that, though I'm hopeful the likes of Romeu will stay.

Havn't been impressed at times but I hope les doesn't bottle it and puel is given another season.

I don't - and with Bertrand seemingly on his way as well and Lander it's a bag of joy. Just wake me up back in League one when Claude, Les and co are just memories and we can fast forward the pain.

My tiny brain thinks that Saints won't bother to sack Mr Puel, they will just wait until the new owners do it to save paying compensation.

I also think that they will sell a few to get lots of money, again before the takeover happens. After all that I have a horrible feeling Saints

will then morph into a set up just like Coventry, Blackpool or Blackburn . take your pick. :(:(:(

I think Monk will be boro boss by monday.

Decent gig in the Championship, but once you get them up is time to jump ship, they never invest enough. Bit of a yo-yo club now.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Never before a season has ended has so much emphasis been put on this end of season review in determining the managers fate. Even if Puel survives the review he's been undermined by how much attention the likes of Krueger and journo's like Jeremy Wilson have given the process - so effectively he'll be on a hiding to nothing when the new season starts.

Given the majority of the fanbase want him out, various players are dissatisfied, and the board are clearly toying with the idea of sacking him, surely we should just get it over and done with.

Puel's total lack of charisma is uninspiring enough, but if you remove his authority by effectively giving him the dreaded vote of confidence, you can see things unravelling pretty quickly among the squad.

I just don't see the point in delaying things any longer and letting the uncertainty creep long into the summer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That, I agree with you

You just know Bertrand will be 1 of 3-5 first team players going.

Bertrand

Cedric

VvD

Forster

Romeu?

Then there is Iong......?

3 players are being sold this summer, VVD is not one of them. 5 players are being bought.

3 players are being sold this summer, VVD is not one of them. 5 players are being bought.

I assume that would mean Puel is staying and the 3 being sold are dissenters? Bertrand, JRod and Tadic possibly? The 5 incoming will be Puels choices?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Honestly think Puel will stay now which I am comfortable with, to my mind, he deserves the opportunity. He has to adapt not only to the Premier league but also to get the majority of fans onside, the atmosphere in ground paramount to success on pitch! He will offload the dissenters but will get in signings who trust his philosophy. One thing for certain is that he will need to hit the ground running otherwise it could turn toxic very quickly. Gut feeling for me though is that he will stay and actually turn it around. Palace, watford etc starting from scratch again, I fancy Cp to learn from first season and push on! All in my humble opinion of course

Keeping Puel and Black would be a major mistake. But then, Les is probably too proud to admit his hire was a failure (in playing style and popularity terms). Hope this isn't the case and we're refreshing with a management team with standing and influence.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I assume that would mean Puel is staying and the 3 being sold are dissenters? Bertrand, JRod and Tadic possibly? The 5 incoming will be Puels choices?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I wasn't told much about Puel other than he has a three year contract which everyone knows about.

The only name I was given was VVD and that is that he is staying. This could of course be a deliberate "leak" by the club as I'm a little confused as to why such key info is being so casually discussed.

I have known for some time that J-Rod is keen to leave however and that info comes from J-Rod's camp rather than the club.

I don't believe puel will win over the fans easily after last season's burnt bridges and such. but I do think he'll improve on pitch stuff like decent football and goals most importantly because if we had say 10 more goals at home this season and we scored half the chances we made in games I think there wouldn't have been a puel out camp. goals are what makes attractive football IMO. if barca played the way they play but couldn't hit a cow's arrrse with a banjo, like most of our forwards, they might be relegation candidates and be labeled boring by everyone.

I don't believe puel will win over the fans easily after last season's burnt bridges and such. but I do think he'll improve on pitch stuff like decent football and goals most importantly because if we had say 10 more goals at home this season and we scored half the chances we made in games I think there wouldn't have been a puel out camp. goals are what makes attractive football IMO. if barca played the way they play but couldn't hit a cow's arrrse with a banjo, like most of our forwards, they might be relegation candidates and be labeled boring by everyone.

Ajax looked amazing up until the pen area on weds, not sure they had one shot!!

So how much improvement are people expecting next season if we bin Puel and bring in someone else?

The current squad must have one of poorest forward lines in the league ( at least in terms of converting chance)

We have a central middlefield devoid of pace, power and passing vision.

We also look like we are losing the best of the squad by shipping out three of our first choice defence. With Targett being used as a replacement for Bertrand.

Given that we are going need a much better summer, in terms of recruitment, than last and will still likely be a poorer squad.

So what is success for Monk/Moyes/Silva/uber German manager next season?

Ajax looked amazing up until the pen area on weds, not sure they had one shot!!

And i bet if you asked the fans if theyd choose to have had 20% of the ball and had 3 shots total but still won 1 nil and got the cup. Theyd snap your hands off. Results and goals are what matters to most fans and clubs alike. Trying to play good football while youre at it is all well and good. But never at the expense of goals and results. Probs why koeman is held in such high regard as is morinho. Both are as pragmatist as you can find but they get results doesnt matter how. I mean man u were playing like the underdogs in that game, yet they won so the fans dont give a s**t.

better hope we have an outstanding summer on the transfer front. Selling Bertrand to Spurs and replacing him with Matt Targett is a great start...

Based on the last year, it's highly unlikely that we'll have an outstanding summer in the transfer market but highly likely the squad will be weakened yet further by Les. Since Paul Black Box Mitchell left for Spurs, we have been fairly clueless in the transfer market. Les tends to favour players who show occasional flashes of brilliance but haven't played 90 minutes regularly in the last year or two, if at all, often because of poor injury records. Boufal is a fairly typical Les signing so we can expect more of the same.

So how much improvement are people expecting next season if we bin Puel and bring in someone else?

The current squad must have one of poorest forward lines in the league ( at least in terms of converting chance)

We also look like we are losing the best of the squad by shipping out three of our first choice defence. With Targett being used as a replacement for Bertrand.

Given that we are going need a much better summer, in terms of recruitment, than last and will still likely be a poorer squad.

Isn't the answer all about who we recruit and how big a transfer budget we have?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

If we do sack puel, i give the poor uber german sod to have an out campaign with his name on it after 5 games. We're not a chelsea team ready made to be champions or even top 6 so a charismatic german comes and gets us competing for a top 5/6 spot immediately. We need a reality check me thinks.

I'm more worried about player turnover / recruitment than the manager.

As someone else said, whenever we've had lots of departures in previous summers we still had a strong core of dependable players. Even in the "meltdown" summer I wasn't too worried because we had Fonte, Wanyama, Morgan, Davis, Clyne and they were all consistent 7 or 8 out of 10 ers.

It looks like there's a possibility of at least two of our back 4 leaving. The you have Gardos, who we must surely be looking to move on, and we're potentially left with two centre backs, Pied, Targett and McQueen. At a minimum we would need to sign two centre backs and a right back. The throw into the mix an underperforming keeper and you do worry about our defensive organisation. Fortunately, I would say Puel and Black, whatever you think of them, do seem capable of drilling a side to play in an organised way, which should prevent next season being too calamitous at the back. Of course, if we replaced them with someone who is not so good at that.....

Then we really do need to strengthen in midfield and get rid of and replace some deadwood up front.

We could bring in the best manager around but if they have to cope without VVD, Bertrand, Cedric and without proper strengthening in midfield and upfront then they aren't going to be improving much, if at all, on this season.

My tiny brain thinks that Saints won't bother to sack Mr Puel, they will just wait until the new owners do it to save paying compensation.

I also think that they will sell a few to get lots of money, again before the takeover happens. After all that I have a horrible feeling Saints

will then morph into a set up just like Coventry, Blackpool or Blackburn . take your pick. :(:(:(

Only the first three words are correct.

Get your calendar out count backwards from Spurs and work out how much rest we had before that game. Where all those other teams played 2 days earlier therefore had less rest prior to Boxing Day fixtures.

We also had long rest period between Bournemouth and Hull at home and probably plenty others but I cant be arsed to check.

I don't know why people are finding this so difficult...

We had no more rest than Spurs - both sides had 10 days' rest. After 5 days it's basically irrelevant because players of any age are fully recovered, which they're not for anything under that.

We basically picked the first team for that one (with Rodriguez up front, who'd just scored a hat-trick in the previous game). Unfortunately we had a player sent off against Spurs which hugely reduced our chance of getting a result in that game. Recovery times were huge beforehand and therefore irrelevant. Every player should have been playing at full strength and they were the better side than our best team.

The next match was against West Brom. Saints had 3 days' rest before, West Brom 5 days rest. Hugely significant difference in recovery, Saints playing at a significant disadvantage as a result.

The final game of that spell was Everton. Saints had 2 days' rest before and Everton 3 days' rest. Again, Saints disadvantaged. On top of that, Everton's first game was 5 days before their second, so they ALSO had more recovery time between games 1 and 2, and the cumulative effects they'd have suffered would be less than those Saints faced.

So, to reiterate - Saints got utterly screwed over by the fixture list, people who don't consider other games as part of the bigger picture are being naive and ignorant of the impact that recovery has on performance, and also, where both teams have a decent recovery period, it's not relevant. However, over and over this season Saints did not have the opportunity to recover, and frequently played against teams who had.

Edited by The9

Shouldn't the first question be "how much are people expecting next season if we don't...".

Because without Europe, keeping all but Cedric, Tadic and the out of contract players (the ones I expect to go irrespective of anything else), and assuming we don't get past the QF stages of more than one cup, I'd expect Saints to be competing for 6th as a minimum. With Puel.

If we sell Van Dijk, Bertrand, Cedric, Tadic, and have to rebuild again, we'll be in the B-league somewhere between 7th-15th. If we sell Romeu without a replacement or start the season with Yoshida/Stephens at CB we'll probably be in the bottom half.

Although we have a 'top-10 squad', having finished 8th, we all know that the points count tells a different story. Without the distraction of the Europa League and the need to rotate the squad, whoever is manager next season should get off to a better start. If it's Puel, there won't be the distraction of a new manager trying out new playing systems and on top of that, the injured players will be recovered and fit for pre-season. Contracts could mean some changes in the squad but the funds are there to replace like-for-like and possibly to improve as well as some of the Academy players now having had premier experience.

Can't see that Puel has done anything to deserve sacking but I'd shed no tears if Black and Plancque were replaced. I do think the club should insist on Puel doing more to improve his English as language, rather than football coaching skills may have been too big a factor in deciding on his coaching team.

I tend to agree that major decision won't be made before the takeover - if it happens.

Btw Puel has been getting the brunt of the criticisms, but imo Black has as much contact with the players in the training ground, so surely he is as responsible for our inconsistency on the pitch, especially during home games.

you only have to read the match threads to see how quickly some on here turn. One minute it is 'this is crap' 'No plan B' 'Redmond is a waste of Space' 'We are dire' 'I can see a relegation scrap conming up' then a minute later 'Yesssssssssssss, Redmond you beauty, we could make top 4 this season.'

you only have to read the match threads to see how quickly some on here turn. One minute it is 'this is crap' 'No plan B' 'Redmond is a waste of Space' 'We are dire' 'I can see a relegation scrap conming up' then a minute later 'Yesssssssssssss, Redmond you beauty, we could make top 4 this season.'

I don't think anyone thought we would make the top 4 at any point this season and we were closer to the relegation scrap than to the place immediately above us so don't really see your point here.

I don't think anyone thought we would make the top 4 at any point this season and we were closer to the relegation scrap than to the place immediately above us so don't really see your point here.

Then do as he says, go and read some of the match threads. They pretty much demonstrate perfectly the fickleness of a lot of the people that post here. They are actually quite funny, if a little sad. Perhaps nobody has said anything about top 4 or whatever, but he is correct - there is very little middle ground with lots of posters, tis all doom. Most appear to give up the ghost after the first 15 minutes and go into a self induced melt down if we're not at least 2 nil up. Go read em - they are funny.

Ok i will edit for you so then you might get my point, 'Yessss Redmond yo beauty we might make the top 8 ths season'

Yep, what about you?

Nanananah my dad is bigger than your dad.

If you ever posted anything other than attacking fans with a different view maybe I would consider you rational.

Regardless of what us fans think if the club want him gone he will be.

I think it depends on the takeover and who that is.

I would be ok if he stayed with better back room staff especially if they could convince him to react to when it's going wrong not just shuffle deck chairs.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Pamplemousse, Old Nick, Always SFC, Shurlock, Lord Duckhunter, doddisalegend and The9. They must have about 500 posts supporting Puel.

Either they are:

honest and really rate him

are trolling

have multiple logins.

Edited by Wade Garrett
Added a couple more logins

Pamplemousse, Old Nick, Always SFC, Shurlock and Lord Duckhunter. They must have about 500 posts supporting Puel.

Either they are:

honest and really rate him

are trolling

have multiple logins.

I thank you for the mention, if I had the time or interest to have a multiple log in I wouldnt use those type of names. My name is Nick and changed from NickH after a NickG started posting and I didnt want to be confused with his posts. Therfore I was the 'Old' Nick ,the devil and old.

As for me posting in favour of Puel , Iam category 1 in your list